PDA

View Full Version : BMO field expanded for July 29th match

Mark in Ottawa
07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
just got this in an e-mail from TFC...

For the first time in club history BMO field has added three additional “bench seating” sections in the North End (click here (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3122c1851237t3121o31140) to view a map). Better yet….the price for these tickets starts at $19.00 each!
To access tickets to this previously sold out match click here. (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3122c1851237t3121o31343)
When: Wednesday, July 29th @ 8:00 p.m.
Where: BMO Field
Who: Toronto FC vs. Puerto Rico Islanders

olegunnar
07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Looks like no more beer garden escapes for people in crap sections.

Also, anyone know what was up with the potted plants/trees and the Playstation areas in the beer garden last night? Saw them on the way out. We're they roped off the whole game? Or just at the end?

Yohan
07-23-2009, 10:06 AM
not standing section? bah

rocker
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Looks like no more beer garden escapes for people in crap sections.

this is good. we gotta get people back to their fricken seats so the empty seats don't show up on TV.

canadian_bhoy
07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Temp seats behind the goal with no view of the video board - should be $10.

$20 isn't a huge deal, but I still think it is more than they should be charging.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of for the beer garden. Too many people not paying attention to the match and being out of their seats makes the east stand look empty.

For the PR games, once Ticket Master gets their claws in, the total is $28. There is no way they should be charging people $30 to see a qualifier against a USL team under the scoreboard on temp benches.

Yohan
07-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Curious.

If FO decides to keep this north end seating and allow SGs priority in relocation, would you move away from 112 or 113 for this, just to have all 3 SGs together?

billyfly
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
They announced this last night as well on the PA.

fetajr
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Curious.

If FO decides to keep this north end seating and allow SGs priority in relocation, would you move away from 112 or 113 for this, just to have all 3 SGs together?

fuckin right!!..i'm in 220 row infinity and i'm dying for this day to come. Now they're taking away my standing spot in the beer garden

flatpicker
07-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Curious.

I've been praying for this for a long time!

But I doubt the seats would the same temporary type that these are.
I could see a slightly larger section of seats... perhaps 1500 or more?

But I would move in there in a heartbeat if supporters were given priority.

If they did though, I would hope they put up some sort of scoreboard at the other end of the stadium.
Doesn't have to have a video screen... just a simple clock and score would be fine.

gmacpheetfc
07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
whats this going to look like?

Gobi
07-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I approve.
You can't see anything standing in the beer garden anyway (unless you squeeze through to the railing).

WestStandGeoff
07-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Also, anyone know what was up with the potted plants/trees and the Playstation areas in the beer garden last night? Saw them on the way out. We're they roped off the whole game? Or just at the end?

From what I heard, it was turned into a Carlsberg VIP area. A friend who manages a large downtown bar got tickets from Carlsberg for it, but I don't have a lot of details as I've only heard second hand from a mutual friend so far.

menefreghista
07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
These are the same seats that were added for the Real Madrid game. Although, for Madrid the are $125 each.

WestStandGeoff
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
These are the same seats that were added for the Real Madrid game. Although, for Madrid the are $125 each.

Yeah same ones - they're probably putting them in before the PR match to get the logistics worked when it's not as busy. (There are still decent pairs for next week's match available on Ticketbastard as of this morning).

I'm guessing they're pulling over some of the bench-style temporary stands that just got taken down from the Indy race.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Curious.

Oh man, that's a good question. I think I would move out of 111 to go upfront in the North End with other RPBs or U-Sectorites near me. Maybe not from 112/113, though.

I would hope that something could be arranged for this.

redcard
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
better yet...get all of the families out of the south end and then have supporters from all the SGs move on in to the south...

i think the families would take the cheaper seats in the north over the south.

Mark in Ottawa
07-23-2009, 01:06 PM
The announcement did say that these tickets START at $19.
Who knows what they may end at :rolleyes:

No diff for me... my seat at the bar is already reserved.

Get In There
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
And the match was not sold out - still other seats available - I just baught some yesterday.

Liars

Why they would lie about this, I have no idea....maybe it's just reflex with Paul at this point.

not that they are not nice people with families that love and respect them.

B

Parkdale
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
^ tone it down. personal attacks are not acceptable here.

and adding a jokey comment after doesn't take away from it

Get In There
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
^ tone it down. personal attacks are not acceptable here.

and adding a jokey comment after doesn't take away from it

AOK - they didn't lie....they have a 'credibility gap'.

:facepalm:

olegunnar
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
AOK - they didn't lie....they have a 'credibility gap'.

:facepalm:

What you need to fit in better here is a gramme of soma

rocker
07-23-2009, 02:29 PM
If they did though, I would hope they put up some sort of scoreboard at the other end of the stadium.
Doesn't have to have a video screen... just a simple clock and score would be fine.

you can see the scoreboard from the north end seats they will be putting in.
I've seen people actually drink beer and watch the game on the scoreboard from those tables! (idiots!)

Section225
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
The announcement did say that these tickets START at $19.
Who knows what they may end at

No diff for me... my seat at the bar is already reserved.

Just got a $19 ticket for a friend and it ended up being 29.95, with all of the costs ticketmaster likes to add on + tax...:violin:

Bobo
07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Did anyone else get this email also thanking you for printing out your tickets to the game? I did, but never printed out my tickets...

Limani_Ole
07-23-2009, 03:52 PM
wow "Bench seating" how news worthy!!!

Mark in Ottawa
07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Not the quality of seating that is newsworthy but the fact that they are putting them in at all.

Here is hoping that they realize that if they really need it they could keep their beer garden and add some proper seating above it as well.

A few hundred extra seats at the lower price point would almost certainly sell but the question is would it hurt sales in the more expensive sections?

There are supposedly a large number of people on the waiting lists but many of them are not willing to spend big $$ for season tickets.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Id like to se them fill in that gap between 111-112....beofre they go messing with the north end! And let the supporter clubs allocate the tickets ! Im sure we could muster up 500 to fill the gap who really want to be there!

nascarguy
07-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Id like to se them fill in that gap between 111-112....beofre they go messing with the north end! And let the supporter clubs allocate the tickets ! Im sure we could muster up 500 to fill the gap who really want to be there!
it's a fire exit

daner90
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
and they should give ppl like myself the first chance at season tickets since I go to every game now without seasons and sing and chant all night (or day lol)

deltox
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
it cant be a fire exit. its blocked by concessions stands.

the fire exits are on the west stands

TFCRegina
07-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Temp seats behind the goal with no view of the video board - should be $10.

$20 isn't a huge deal, but I still think it is more than they should be charging.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of for the beer garden. Too many people not paying attention to the match and being out of their seats makes the east stand look empty.

For the PR games, once Ticket Master gets their claws in, the total is $28. There is no way they should be charging people $30 to see a qualifier against a USL team under the scoreboard on temp benches.

That USL team happens to be better than most MLS teams. Puerto Rico's squad is largely composed of ex-MLSers who demanded too much money.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2009, 11:35 PM

Oh man, tell me about it. Because as we all know, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. I mean, there's absolutely no chance at all that the club could maybe use the two games as a way to test the waters on the possibility of brining in permanent seats in the north end.

Nope, not a chance at all. Close thread. Not newsworthy at all.

James17930
07-24-2009, 02:36 AM
The big question for me is -- are these going to stay in for the rest of the season?

C.Ronaldo
07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
its not a supporters section?

boban
07-24-2009, 09:08 AM
The big question for me is -- are these going to stay in for the rest of the season?
Nope.
Hence temporary.

Cas87
07-24-2009, 09:10 AM

More than likely if the section is filled for PR the FO should keep them in for the first league match after RM and see if they sell out. after that keep them in for rest of MLS season/playoffs, and CCL Group stage matches (if we get past PR)

ONCE THEY DO (prediction) they will keep them ion for the rest of the year, and after they put grass in for next year permanent seats will follow (one full year of benches first tho)

Cas87
07-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Nope.
Hence temporary.

Weren't the field level seats suppose to be temporary as well ???? (i.e, only for the becks games?)

boban
07-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Weren't the field level seats suppose to be temporary as well ???? (i.e, only for the becks games?)
Yes, but they are not a structure.

stugautz
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I hope these seats turn permanent. It'll go a long way to reducing the number of empty seats in the stadium (by forcing people out of the beer garden and into their seats).

Limani_Ole
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh man, tell me about it. Because as we all know, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. I mean, there's absolutely no chance at all that the club could maybe use the two games as a way to test the waters on the possibility of brining in permanent seats in the north end.

Nope, not a chance at all. Close thread. Not newsworthy at all.

So they would use these two games as a way to test the waters for possible expansions eh? Definitely seams like the smart way to go about it.. that season ticket waiting list should really be scrapped its a waste of paper.. the best indicator for expansion is installing temp seating...

you heard it here..!!

C.Ronaldo
07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
i guess no one was biting at the 1200 price for those patio tables in the north end

Cashcleaner
07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
So they would use these two games as a way to test the waters for possible expansions eh? Definitely seams like the smart way to go about it.. that season ticket waiting list should really be scrapped its a waste of paper.. the best indicator for expansion is installing temp seating...

you heard it here..!!

Yep, because as we all know, the best indicator isn't the actual number of people who bought tickets, but rather a list of potential customers. Thats how you do things in the business. Actual versus projected? Please! Not even a argument, am I right? Also, why go through the bother of having to collect all that pesky money for people who do buy tickets for the new seating? Seems like a lot of hard work. The club is better off having no extra income.

Limani_Ole
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Yep, because as we all know, the best indicator isn't the actual number of people who bought tickets, but rather a list of potential customers. Thats how you do things in the business. Actual versus projected? Please! Not even a argument, am I right? Also, why go through the bother of having to collect all that pesky money for people who do buy tickets for the new seating? Seems like a lot of hard work. The club is better off having no extra income.

Then every sport franchise should definitely scrap the season ticket waiting list right? because its not a accurate indication of who will actually buy tickets, so why bother collecting names of customers who are in line to buy your product? its like back orders.. who uses those anymore... ?

Selling RM game tickets for 250$ would definitely clear it up for me.. I can now trust that the same customers would pay for TFC season tickets to watch MLS games..

who said they shouldnt make money?