PDA

View Full Version : Security Gets It Right Last Night

Platts
07-23-2009, 07:51 AM
For anyone in the FO who happens to see this.
I want to give the security organizers a pat on the back for moving the RP supporters away from the supporter's section and presumably back to their "real" seats.
This quickly diffused a situation that was going to be full of incidents and could have become quite violent. As it ended up both groups could do their thing and shake hands after the game. The FO must realize this fact for any other non-league matches held at BMO. Do not let away supporters wear their colours in our supporters section. It causes immidiate friction.
It will always be more effective if the security personnel enforce this policy instead of the supporters themselves.

In the end a job well done and i hope that away groups and banners will be refused entry to the supporter's sections in future during non-league games.

canadian_bhoy
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
I find it really surprising that people with Boca Jr.'s jersey's were even allowed in the stadium last night. Nothing against Boca fans, but that could have led to a very nasty situation. On the bright side, it says a lot for Toronto and its citizens that nothing went seriously wrong - god knows in other parts of the world, it would have gotten ugly.

I still don't understand why BMO (and other MLS stadiums) let fans roam free in the stadium. You saw this in Columbus and now last night with some roaming RP supporters.

Great job last night, as the incidents seem to be at a minimum - but come on folks, get with it.

Bloor West FC
07-23-2009, 08:33 AM
very true! But the Boca Jr.s fans were great and really helped out the supporters section with there drum beats!

Parkdale
07-23-2009, 08:37 AM
there are problems with BMO that would prevent security from stopping roaming.

the biggest one is that you can enter though almost any gate (except 4) with your ticket.
That's a good thing for home fans, because they don't have to walk around the place to get in,
but it means you'll have supporters from both sides mingling. Doedn't seem to happen with league games though.
(side note: the new gate at the north end is amazing, please keep it for good).

It's also hard to keep people from wandering because the people who showed to support river
are locals too. It's not like they all got off a few buses in a closed off area (like us in Chicago).

anyhoo, It was good for security to get those RP guys out of the back row. It could have gotten ugly.

Yohan
07-23-2009, 08:47 AM
very true! But the Boca Jr.s fans were great and really helped out the supporters section with there drum beats!
I find it mildly amusing that Boca supporters showed up, just to be against River Plate.

what a novelty :)

werewolf
07-23-2009, 08:48 AM
They may have got that right, in way of preventing a riot. But I guess they missed the memo on supporting being allowed in the supporters sections.

I'm upset :( read this

So, last night, I thought I would try and carry the chants from 112 over to 116 with the help of my friends... all was going well until my friends went to get beer and I carried the chants over on my own....

THEN, LIKE A FLASH OF LIGHTNING, A FUCKING NUMPTY IN A YELLOW JACKET CAME UP TO ME AND SAID;

"That's the last one for you, missy"

I was holding a large beer that was full and I turned around and said;

"Don't worry honey, I won't even be able to finish this one... Can I ask why you'd say that?"

"Because you're being loud"

"I'm chanting with 112"

"You're being loud"

"Ok, sorry, I'll be quiet then"

"Ok"

Then he watched me for the rest of the game.

I am absolutely heartbroken because a) I was just trying to be an RPB in 116, b) because all the people I sit with every game saw this and c) I'm 30 and he called me 'missy'

So embarrassing. I won't be doing that again :(:(:( :o:o:o

Beach_Red
07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I find it really surprising that people with Boca Jr.'s jersey's were even allowed in the stadium last night. Nothing against Boca fans, but that could have led to a very nasty situation. On the bright side, it says a lot for Toronto and its citizens that nothing went seriously wrong - god knows in other parts of the world, it would have gotten ugly.

I still don't understand why BMO (and other MLS stadiums) let fans roam free in the stadium. You saw this in Columbus and now last night with some roaming RP supporters.

Great job last night, as the incidents seem to be at a minimum - but come on folks, get with it.

Maybe because they do in other sports in North America. I grew up going to games ta the Montreal forum and even Nordiques fans could sit anywhere in the stadium.

Strangely, we always thought that was a good thing.....

C.Ronaldo
07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
im loud when im sober

will they tell me thats that last bottle of water?

brad
07-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Maybe because they do in other sports in North America. I grew up going to games ta the Montreal forum and even Nordiques fans could sit anywhere in the stadium.

Strangely, we always thought that was a good thing.....

I went to a Newcastle - Barcelona friendly at St. James park a number of years ago, and there was no segregation of home and away fans.

Miko
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
[quote=canadian_bhoy;634772]I find it really surprising that people with Boca Jr.'s jersey's were even allowed in the stadium last night. Nothing against Boca fans, but that could have led to a very nasty situation. On the bright side, it says a lot for Toronto and its citizens that nothing went seriously wrong - god knows in other parts of the world, it would have gotten ugly.
quote]

Security did take down a Boca Flag that some people tried to put in front of 113.

AL-MO
07-23-2009, 10:16 AM
They may have got that right, in way of preventing a riot. But I guess they missed the memo on supporting being allowed in the supporters sections.

I'm upset :( read this

So, last night, I thought I would try and carry the chants from 112 over to 116 with the help of my friends... all was going well until my friends went to get beer and I carried the chants over on my own....

THEN, LIKE A FLASH OF LIGHTNING, A FUCKING NUMPTY IN A YELLOW JACKET CAME UP TO ME AND SAID;

"That's the last one for you, missy"

I was holding a large beer that was full and I turned around and said;

"Don't worry honey, I won't even be able to finish this one... Can I ask why you'd say that?"

"Because you're being loud"

"I'm chanting with 112"

"You're being loud"

"Ok, sorry, I'll be quiet then"

"Ok"

Then he watched me for the rest of the game.

I am absolutely heartbroken because a) I was just trying to be an RPB in 116, b) because all the people I sit with every game saw this and c) I'm 30 and he called me 'missy'

So embarrassing. I won't be doing that again :(:(:( :o:o:o

Is this a joke? WTF?!? For every good security guard there is one shithead that has no fucking idea what he is doing.

*cough* yellow jackets *cough*

In 112 we have the same tow guys every game and they give us ZERO problems as they know what we are all about.

Ageroo
07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Is this a joke? WTF?!? For every good security guard there is one shithead that has no fucking idea what he is doing.

*cough* yellow jackets *cough*

In 112 we have the same tow guys every game and they give us ZERO problems as they know what we are all about.

Around where I am the yellows seem to be different every match.

AL-MO
07-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Well the guys in 112 aren't yellow jackets either....just to clarify.

And I see the thread you got that from WW. Fucking disgraceful.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I find it really surprising that people with Boca Jr.'s jersey's were even allowed in the stadium last night. Nothing against Boca fans, but that could have led to a very nasty situation.

From what I've read recently on this board…preventing a patron of BMO Field from entering wearing another club's jersey on would be a violation of that individual's human rights!

Maybe the jerseys were smuggled in, in a ruck sack? :facepalm:

Parkdale
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
From what I've read recently on this board…preventing a patron of BMO Field from entering wearing another club's jersey on would be a violation of that individual's human rights!

Maybe the jerseys were smuggled in, in a ruck sack? :facepalm:

http://www.sumeetsoni.com/images/smileys/bravo0001.gif

Bars92
07-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I had a seat in 117 last night, in the the third row, the security was very cool down there. I also spent some time at the top of 113 to check out the bunker. I noticed there is almost an invisible barrier between 112 and 113 and i thought, well there is no point in trying to carry chants across the south end. I returned to my proper seat and had just as much fun in that corner, except I came down to 112 for the PKs which was a dope time. Absolutely no hassles, had a brilliant time.