PDA

View Full Version : MLS Week 19 thread

Yohan
07-23-2009, 04:51 AM
Another week of MLS and couple of interesting games to keep an eye on

Post your predictions and other random discussions about this week's games here.

Links to games will be posted as they become available.

Fri 24 Jul
FC Dallas at Real Salt Lake 10pm
-As bad as Dallas has been, they haven't been totally useless.
RSL is going through Dr Jekyl, Mr Hyde thing. You never know which RSL is going to show up. However, RSL has been pretty good at home.
A draw seems a likely outcome

Sat 25 Jul
Chicago Fire at Seattle Sounders 3pm
-The best match of the week puts Chicago away at Seattle.
Chicago is like the only team in MLS with better away form than home form. (or something close) However, with no McBride, it'll be up to Blanco to create, and Chicago has been accused of over relying on Blanco for everything.
Seattle has been playing well as of late, esp at home. They are leaking goals, but some timely goals of their own has been keeping up them.
Seattle to win, but on a very narrow margin.

New England Revolution at Houston 830pm
-The Revs are coming off a strong 2-0 victory at home vs Chivas. They finally look like all their kinks are worked out, and start putting together some good football. If striker Edward Jankauskas plays, the Revs attack gets an another direction. Or else expect to see Kheli Dube and Shalrie Joseph to be up front, with Ralston to be the playmaker just behind them.
It's been a long road trip for Houston, but they finally get some games at home. Still missing a lot of players due to injury and call ups, but defender Andrew Hainault is back. The Dynamo will be looking to get back into winning ways after a tough 2-1 loss to Seattle in US Open Cup semi final.
A draw seems to be in the cards however.

Los Angeles Galaxy at Kansas City Wizards 9pm
-The world will be looking at whether Beckham continues his good play with the Galaxy. Or whether Beckham is going to call out another fan.
The Galaxy finally has a strong squad and confidence is high right now.
KC is one of those inconsistent MLS teams. No talisman defender Jimmy Conrad to lead the backline, and no inspirational midfielder Davy Arnaud means the Wizards are missing vital components of their team. Offence has been erratic. Doesn't look too good for KC.
LA to win

New York Red Bulls at Colorado Rapids 930pm
-The Red Bulls suck, and they are playing in Colorado.
It's going to be a boring game. Osorio is concentrating on CCL because the odds of Red Bulls making the playoffs is so low. Will be interesting to see if their new signings get some play time.
Colorado has suddenly gone cold, but should do enough to irk out a 1-0 win

DC United at San Jose Earthquakes 1030pm
-San Jose held out for most of the time, before finally collapsing after few Blanco magic moments last week in Chicago. Should take heart in that. But SJ is very much dysfunctional. Yallop is clueless to find any combination that works
DC is in US Open Cup final after beaint Rochester in mid week. With Moreno back, DC attack is looking potent again, and return of defender Dejan Jakovic from Gold Cup duties means the defence should be ok again.
DC should have no problem beating the hapless SJ.

manic.street.preacher
07-23-2009, 04:59 AM
chicago v. seattle will be a good un to watch methinks

ps. have i mentioned that we're no longer friends? :p haha your signature keeps messing me cos i keep reading it and thinking 'hey i haven't posted in this thread yet'

Yohan
07-23-2009, 05:08 AM
ps. have i mentioned that we're no longer friends? :p haha your signature keeps messing me cos i keep reading it and thinking 'hey i haven't posted in this thread yet'
the lulz must be shared with the rest of the community

remember. sharing is caring! ;)

felipe
07-23-2009, 09:36 AM
You're on Yohan..

Here's my fearless predictons - guaranteed 100% accurate until Friday night;

RSL to smash Dallas 2-0; Dallas does suck and they do have Cunningham

Fire 2 Seattle 1; Blanco runs riot on the expansion team; McBride who?

Houston is soo many shades of awesome; 3-1 over the Revs

Becks and his boytoy run up the score on hapless KC; 4-0 Becks!

Crapids and Red bulls...who cares? Tie! 1-1

Dc @ San Jose; San Jose is a beautiful place to live; they have Yallop and Huckerby! This is the MLS - anything can happen. San Jose erupts with 3-1 victory over DC.

Jay P
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
heres hoping for a sounder/quakes/dynamo win, and of course us!

Yohan
07-25-2009, 12:08 PM
http://atdhe.net/8091/watch-seattle-sounders-fc-vs-chicago-fire

Seattle vs Chicago 3pm

going to be a good game

Yohan
07-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Chicago is 5-1-3 on the road. That's just stupid crazy

But Blanco is a donkey

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs141.snc1/5208_114028254600_500539600_2144563_1355368_n.jpg

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Red card to Chicago

Nuvinho
07-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Red card to Seattle (Freddy Ljumberg)

Yohan
07-25-2009, 03:28 PM
ahahahaha. Ljungberg gets tossed for a dive and dissent

MLS refs are having a good week. hahahaha

Yohan
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
for a 0-0 game it had it's share of drama

both team hitting the post. seattle had a shot cleared off the line

lol at one sounders fan waving a french flag. i'm guessing it was in support of le toux

kodiakTFC
07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm always shocked when I see RSL's attendance, I've pegged them as a team in the 14k region but they always get high teens like 18-19ish. Good for them and it shows that not only the big markets ala New York can have a successful team.

kodiakTFC
07-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Claudio Lopez just scored the Goal of the week.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 08:36 PM
http://atdhe.net/8180/watch-kansas-city-wizards-vs-los-angeles-galaxy

KC vs LA

1-0 KC

EAsoccer
07-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Claudio Lopez just scored the Goal of the week.
Yes he did indeed. Unless I see something tonight that tops it...

Yohan
07-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Becky and landycakes hooks up to equalize 1-1

EAsoccer
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Donovan replies with a nice goal!

Yohan
07-25-2009, 08:53 PM
what a sick pass by Becky. the pass beat 6 players to link up with Landycakes

rocker
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
can NY start winning now please? we need them to play the spoiler against everyone but us.

they have no chance to get back into the race, but could knock down our opponents.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:02 PM
LA 1-1 KC final

http://atdhe.net/8202/watch-san-jose-earthquakes-vs-dc-united

DC 2-0

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:06 PM
can NY start winning now please? we need them to play the spoiler against everyone but us.

they have no chance to get back into the race, but could knock down our opponents.
Colorado 4-0 NY

hahahaha

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Ryan Johnson pulls one back for SJ after sticking his foot out to hit the ball from a flick on int he box

DC 2-1 SJ

rocker
07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Colorado 4-0 NY

hahahaha

fuck.. just what we need, colorado movin up.

why haven't they fired osorio?

this is a parity league yet NYRB are on pace for being the worst ever. that means even more than being last in a euro league.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
fuck.. just what we need, colorado movin up.

why haven't they fired osorio?

this is a parity league yet NYRB are on pace for being the worst ever. that means even more than being last in a euro league.
if NY don't make CCL group stage, I'm going to bet Aghast and O-sorry-o is going to get the boot

uh oh. Ryan Johnson subbed off for shoulder injury.

SJ is going to need a miracle at this rate to make the playoffs

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
and Convey misses a sitter. no wonder SJ supporters hate him

TFC_Chris
07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
SJ Penalty on a terribly obvious hand ball.
2-2 60th Minute.

Edit: I'm pretty surprised. A pretty sizable crowd in San Jose.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I hate max bretos. YEEEEEES!

SJ 2-2 DC

C'mon SJ!

TFC USA
07-25-2009, 11:10 PM
With our luck SJ will lose it late.

TFC_Chris
07-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I dunno man. SJ is dominating. DC will be lucky to escape with a draw here.

Yohan
07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
I dunno man. SJ is dominating. DC will be lucky to escape with a draw here.
DC may be first in the east, but they do concede a lot of goals

Yohan
07-25-2009, 11:29 PM
SJ 2-2 DC final

never thought I'd say this, but SJ was the better team for the most of the night

TFC247
07-26-2009, 02:33 AM
man, with all these draws by everyone else, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we're still in this thing even after that devastating blow. Of course, what's the point of being in it if we keep giving the games away. They just need to man up and bounce from this mess like they did against montreal.

rocker
07-26-2009, 08:45 AM
one thing we never seem to go on is a run.
other teams have runs (bad ones and good ones I guess). TFC is pretty consistent as shown by the 7-7-5 record. But LA had its run... Columbus has had its run... Chivas had its run at the start of the season. It would be nice to run off a bunch of good results for once.

felipe
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
remind me not to try that again...there's a reason I don't gamble