PDA

View Full Version : KICKIN' IT : Dero takes aim at the CSA...

TOBOR !
07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
...'s inability to field a winning team.

It's all here : http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/2009plus7/

by Ryan Johnston

Haven't read it yet, but it looks mighty sharp !

Roogsy
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Love it.

DeRo is the saviour of soccer in Canada. I am telling you. Nobody has taken the CSA to task more than DeRo.

He deserves all our respect.

Parkdale
07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
wow.... it was link a book, on my computer!

Niall
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Good article. Not much to say that hasn't already been aired.

But what is with the caption at the end of the article?

"...after being named star of the Columbus Crew Championship team in 2001"

Belfast_Boy
Good article. We're lucky to have him. I agree with him. it's a shame we haven't fielded a better mens team. Or I should say given our talent better support so that they could be more competitive.

Stryker
Columbus Crew MVP?!?!?
Major gaf there.

Lennon
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Really cool ...

does the sound not work for anyone else?

mdc 77
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Why does page 10 say that DeRo was part of the Columbus Crew's championship club in 2001!?!? haha The match was in Columbus....

Well thankfully he has never been part of that club.

Anyway, I love DeRO, an outspoken athlete telling it like it is. A rare thing in sport today.

Wooster_TFC
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Why does page 10 say that DeRo was part of the Columbus Crew's championship club in 2001!?!? haha The match was in Columbus....

Well thankfully he has never been part of that club.

Anyway, I love DeRO, an outspoken athlete telling it like it is. A rare thing in sport today.

True. It's also hilarious because he's wearing a San Jose Earthquakes shirt :)

TOBOR !
07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Columbus Crew MVP?!?!?
Major gaf there.

Probably some twat developer making a guess at which team DeRo played for in 2001 rather than referring to the author of the article.

You have to feel sorry for sportswriters when they bust their humps to put something together only for a glaring error to be put into a caption by some junior employee.

Still, though, I bet RJ had nothing to do with the sleek look of the magazine itself.

boban
07-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know how to download this thing?

TOBOR !
07-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know how to download this thing?

open the PDF and then save the file to your PC

Cannon
07-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Just read it and wow! What a great article.

Rudi
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
A few inaccuracies in there, though.

English Rachel
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
He gives wonderful hugs, too. LOVE DeRo.

Also love the fact that he understands Owen and Jonathan's reasons for playing for other National sides - that the CSA doesn't really care about getting us a world class team.

Fuck the CSA. That's what I say :)

Rudi
07-22-2009, 03:48 PM
He gives wonderful hugs, too. LOVE DeRo.

Also love the fact that he understands Owen and Jonathan's reasons for playing for other National sides - that the CSA doesn't really care about getting us a world class team.

Fuck the CSA. That's what I say :)
The CSA is based on an outdated system, and needs a major overhaul (one of which it is actually starting, from what I've been hearing).

That said, Whoregreaves can rot in hell.

English Rachel
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
The CSA is based on an outdated system, and needs a major overhaul (one of which it is actually starting, from what I've been hearing).

That said, Whoregreaves can rot in hell.

I agree that the first step in change is acknowledgement but this is season 3 for TFC and yet the CSA is still operating like we're a country of sunday leaguers....

Sorry you feel that way about Owen, I am glad he plays for England. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry <3

Rudi
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree that the first step in change is acknowledgement but this is season 3 for TFC and yet the CSA is still operating like we're a country of sunday leaguers....

Sorry you feel that way about Owen, I am glad he plays for England. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry <3
I feel really strongly about Whoregreaves (I will never type his actual name).

He jerked around Canadian fans for years, even going so far as to tell Sportsnet that he wanted to play for Canada. A few months later, he was playing for England.

I've had many frustrations over the years with the CSA, but that asshole is not one of them.

To their credit, the people currently in charge of the CSA have acknowledged past mistakes and have been working to correct them (although the real problem is the archaic voting system where each province protects its own interests, so no matter who is "in charge" at the CSA they will always have to deal with that political BS).

Shakes McQueen
07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Hargreaves is a shithead. That is all.

- Scott

Get In There
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I feel really strongly about Whoregreaves (I will never type his actual name).

He jerked around Canadian fans for years, even going so far as to tell Sportsnet that he wanted to play for Canada. A few months later, he was playing for England.

I've had many frustrations over the years with the CSA, but that asshole is not one of them.

To their credit, the people currently in charge of the CSA have acknowledged past mistakes and have been working to correct them (although the real problem is the archaic voting system where each province protects its own interests, so no matter who is "in charge" at the CSA they will always have to deal with that political BS).

Through reading the RPB thread regarding the Pre-B coaching course, then speaking to a friend who sits on the board of a youth club about it and more...........I knew the situation was bad, but.

:picard:

it's a real political knot, wound tight.

The only solution we could think of was $1Mill and someone (VP Jr.) to politic for a solid year or more. It will take politics and money to change politics and money.

B

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Wasn't it Brennan who first spoke up against the CSA? I realize the gesture is diminished when he wasn't starting but credit where due.

DeRo has spoke up more since he got here and I think it's mammoth. This recent failure of the Canada team should be further ammo for change. Now if JDG came home...

Hargreaves and the other are equal as Canadians. They're not. IMNSHO