My picks:

1. Sacha Kleijstan, Chivas USA
2. Robbie Rogers, Crew
3. Chad Marshall, Crew
4. Juan Toja, FC Dallas
5. Brad Guzan, Chivas USA
6. Maurice Edu, Toronto
7. Marvell Wynne, Toronto

I don't know why Marshall doesn't get more publicity, I think he's been great against Toronto, and he's a physical specimen. I haven't seen the Revs this year so I won't comment on their young players that are getting good press.

Laurignano
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Wynne is better then Edu IMO.

a.ungaro
06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
dube and nyassi are primo...they are carrying that team

werewolf
06-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Andrea Lombardo

Marc"2L"
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I think Wynne might of dropped off the (euro) radar

Brad Guzan is way closer then most would think.

werewolf
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Taylor Twellman, Eddie Gaven, Kenny Cooper, Ricardo Clark

London
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Twellman was on his way to europe , but was blocked by NE i think

ag futbol
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I would add Will Hesmer to that list for sure. Everytime i watched this guy play i'm impressed.

I'd like to know what his save percantage on penalities is this year, because i've seen him stop at least three or four.

werewolf
06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
^ 3 saves of 4 this year, 2 saves from 3 last year.

I know Twellman was blocked earlier this year, but I still think it might happen eventually.

Leprechaun
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Kleijstan, Edu, Guzan

Laurignano
06-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Twellman is a good player and I am pretty sure someone will try to buy him once agian.

brad
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Taylor Twellman, Eddie Gaven, Kenny Cooper, Ricardo Clark

I don't know about Cooper. Most players that get release from Manchester United get a good solid look from lower tier clubs, and he didn't get signed then.

He was also given a shot in Portgual and with Oldham Athletic on loan, neither worked out.

jabbronies
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Wynne is not going to Europe....he's got speed and all, but I don't think his ball handling is all that great.

Razcle
06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
so is everyone assuming that Altidore is already in Europe?

My Bad....this news was not in any of the regular soccer websites I follow for regular news....I had to specifically go to the USA section of Goal.com to read the article.....

Carry on

Azerban
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
so is everyone assuming that Altidore is already in Europe?

uh..yes?

bee dubya
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I think Guzan is the most likely to move.

I'm not sure that either Edu or Wynne will move to Europe any time soon. Edu hasn't really shown the same spark this season as he had last year, though I suppose that could be down to his position this year.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Wynne is not going to Europe....he's got speed and all, but I don't think his ball handling is all that great.

Totally agree…and he only has one foot…

Having said that he is perfect for this level and I'm thrilled to have him playing for us.

noochie
06-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Guzan is pretty much a done deal to Villa after this round of freindlies. He will get his permits.

j_capitain
06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Laurent Robert.

As sad as I'd be to see him go, I could see him getting frustrated and homesick here and wanting out...

Would not be suprised if he headed back to Europe to finish up his career at some point.

Prove me wrong Laurent - stick with us!!! :hump:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Andrea Lombardo

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

brad
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM

His positioning is also dreadful. He'd get ripped to shreds at a higher level.

jloome
06-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Wow, totally disagree. The way he cuts through the backline somtimes is indicative that, due to his numerous positioning faults, he'd be a much better winger than fullback, imho.

He's good at fullback at the MLS level, but his compensatory speed wouldn't help him at the EPL/SPL/Serie A level, becuase 2/3 of the players are that fast. If he gave Cristian Ronaldo the kind of back third space he gives MLS forwards, he'd get absolutely fucking killed.

jabbronies
06-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, totally disagree. The way he cuts through the backline somtimes is indicative that, due to his numerous positioning faults, he'd be a much better winger than fullback, imho.

He's good at fullback at the MLS level, but his compensatory speed wouldn't help him at the EPL/SPL/Serie A level, becuase 2/3 of the players are that fast. If he gave Cristian Ronaldo the kind of back third space he gives MLS forwards, he'd get absolutely fucking killed.

Hmmmm All I ever see him do is push the ball ahead so that it's too far ahead for anyone else to catch it, and then he sprints and catches up to the ball. that's not ball control IMO.

BeachRed
06-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Totally agree…and he only has one foot…

Having said that he is perfect for this level and I'm thrilled to have him playing for us.

I can't help it, I watch Wynne play and I think, man, if he could skate he'd be making five million bucks a year playing defense in the NHL.

Billy the kid
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I like Edu very much, but I doubt he is going to Europe.

ag futbol
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM

I think that's pretty damn accurate. He's lacking the technical ability to play fullback elsewhere but he's perfect for mls. His speed won't be as much of a factor and his occasional positional lapse will be terribly expoited.

I'll be happy with him at TFC for a long time.

brad
06-05-2008, 07:10 PM

By all accounts Messi handed it to him during the Argentina - US friendly. But then again, Messi does that to the best in the business.

adammac
06-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Guzman is the best bet from all those players listed. Since he wants the move and Villa want him but the red tape is holding him back.

Though this season he has been pretty poor by his standards but he is a very good keeper none the less and will continue the tradition of good American keepers.

One player I would love to see play in Europe is Sharlie Joesph of NE. I rate him the more influential player in the league in terms of dominating the middle of the park and controlling the play. He is better than the likes of Clark, Edu, Sims, Stammler in that department.