PDA

View Full Version : South end protest?

905shmick
07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Was all this arm crossing a planned protest?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3737101239_099d7494d9_o.jpg

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL no.

FluSH
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
where is this? Is that BMO Field 10yrs from now... where are the supporters!?! =p

Wagner
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM
no beer to be held....need something to do with arms and hands...might as well cross them.

905shmick
07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
where is this? Is that BMO Field 10yrs from now... where are the supporters!?! =p

They're right there. Can't you read their banner?

FluSH

P.S. someone take down this picture before it ends up in the next Columbus Crew anti TFC video.... LOL

Parkdale
it was probably 2 minutes into the game.

lots of people didn't allow extra time for the violation of their basic human rights like the rest of us did.

FluSH
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I already sense a We deserve Butter part deux....

Get In There
not used to having both hands empty

B

BuSaPuNk

I think that was like 10-15 mins into the game. The southend and eastend were all half empty until like the 25-30 min. 112 and the bottom of 113 looked pretty full at the begining of the game...good job guys.

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
yeah, 112 and 113 were in -two-stick-terror-mode-

it was awesome to see.

pics anyone?

Get In There
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
it was probably 2 minutes into the game.

lots of people didn't allow extra time for the violation of their basic human rights like the rest of us did.

you bringing this pissing match to every thread ?

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
here we go....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3737893970_a4b2017e88.jpg

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM

just for today. It's my 'word of the day'.

Eastend
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey, I'm in there but no crossed arms.....I'm yelling at somebody.....and that was at the start as it took a good 20 minutes for 114 to get filled up.

Carts
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
here we go....

How did my 'O' end up being the highest letter...??? LOL

Carts...

The Kingpin
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM

Every day. It's a full time job protecting the interests of others.... :)

On the other hand, it's good to see that the searches had zero effect on the atmosphere. Note to others, not everyone reads the fine print and e-mails. Pretty funny pic...

Darlofletch
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I think that was like 10-15 mins into the game. The southend and eastend were all half empty until like the 25-30 min. 112 and the bottom of 113 looked pretty full at the begining of the game...good job guys.

true dat.

112 looked like the fullest section of the ground at the start. Not as full as usual, but definitely better than everywhere else.

Eastend
07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
here we go....

Carts...

That is very strange isn't it.

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
They're right there. Can't you read their banner?

Thats OUR fucking banner.

Now stop stirring the pot and go back to the NEE board.

905shmick
07-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I couldn't make it to the game on Sat, so I was checking out some game pics online and thought maybe something was up.

prizby
07-20-2009, 01:13 PM

beginning of the match...when most of the fans were still in line to get patted down 2 or 3 times

Shaughno
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Every day. It's a full time job protecting the interests of others.... :)

On the other hand, it's good to see that the searches had zero effect on the atmosphere. Note to others, not everyone reads the fine print and e-mails. Pretty funny pic...

See, if you aren't there to experience the game... maybe you shouldn't make comments about it.

Ask people who were in 112 what the atmosphere was like. It surely wasn't anywhere near our best. In fact, for the majority of the 2nd half it was nearly a morgue.

Get In There
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
See, if you aren't there to experience the game... maybe you shouldn't make comments about it.

Ask people who were in 112 what the atmosphere was like. It surely wasn't anywhere near our best. In fact, for the majority of the 2nd half it was nearly a morgue.

I believe he was being facetious

you guys need a sarcasm smiley

B

Redpunkfiddle
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Against Modern Armcrossing.

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
^ hHAHAHAHAHAHA..... touche!

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 01:26 PM
you guys need a sarcasm smiley

let's see....

:rolleyes:;):p:wink5::wink::rolleyes5::out:

^ I think most of those do the trick.

The Kingpin
07-20-2009, 01:29 PM

That was my point J. Parkdale is continuing his rhetorical defense of TFC and the FO suggesting that the searches had no or little effect. I think these types of blunders have great effect. But I was just taking the piss, and having some fun. I watched the game and the atmosphere was almost non-existent vs. all the other games. And I have only missed one since I've been here (many on tape delay). Also, some may suggest that alcohol allows added confidence, maybe people need it to shout like hooligans for a whole game... God knows these boards give people added confidence vs. real life!! :)

Nomad
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Now stop stirring the pot and go back to the NEE board.

Hey! Why didn't i get the diplomatic treatment? ;)

:D:D

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Parkdale is continuing his rhetorical defense of TFC and the FO suggesting that the searches had no or little effect.

In the grand scheme of things, they have less of an effect than the Pink Jersey day.
Besides, if we won, there would be very little talk of it at all.

canadian_bhoy
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought the support on Saturday was great. People were actually watching the match, chanting according to what was going on and there was some creativity coming from the fans.

It was much more authentic and refreshing than the usually running through of all the chants regardless of what is going on on the field.

The performance on the field took the wind out of the sails of the supporters, but all in all, it was a great experience on Saturday.

I'm sure I'm in the minority for thinking so - but I thought it was great...and real.

Shaughno
07-20-2009, 01:34 PM
The actual searches themselves, had little or no effect. I would agree to that. I saw people downing beers inside the stadium when I walked in (20 mins late, but from traffic not the lineups).

As for the no beer, for sure that effected the level of support for many people. I found myself singing by myself, or with 1-2 other people more often than usual.

GingerNinja
07-20-2009, 01:34 PM

Carts...

My 'R' was high until I decided to try and peek around it, and obstruct the 'O' before me.

The Kingpin
07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I thought the support on Saturday was great. People were actually watching the match, chanting according to what was going on and there was some creativity coming from the fans.

It was much more authentic and refreshing than the usually running through of all the chants regardless of what is going on on the field.

The performance on the field took the wind out of the sails of the supporters, but all in all, it was a great experience on Saturday.

I'm sure I'm in the minority for thinking so - but I thought it was great...and real.

Who are you??? And it may have been prevalent in 112, but the stadium wide atmosphere was reduced. I go by how clear it sounds on the telly, that's all I can go by. And the stands were so empty...

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
from my seats I hear the north and south stands equally well.

there were lots of good chants, that seemed to last longer, and sound better (tone, pace) despite being quieter.

There was a massive two-stick party in the bunker, and that's the kind of thing TV doesn't focus on for long.

MartinUtd
07-20-2009, 01:40 PM

I thought it seemed really quite. I wasn't willing to fully attribute that to the absence of alcohol at the time though. Normally I sit in 110-111 but for this game I was at the very top of 113. I thought maybe the voices not projecting towards me like when I sit in the other sections was the reason for the seemingly subdued supporters. Looking back the vibe did seem effortless compared to other games.

GingerNinja
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Who are you??? And it may have been prevalent in 112, but the stadium wide atmosphere was reduced. I go by how clear it sounds on the telly, that's all I can go by. And the stands were so empty...

ESPN2 was responsible for the broadcast, they may not have done the audio the same way CBC usually does.
I know the microphone right in from of 112 was a third of the size of the usual CBC one.

mclaren
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Watched the game on tv, was one of the quietest I've ever heard - probably because of the beer.

The Kingpin
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
ESPN2 was responsible for the broadcast, they may not have done the audio the same way CBC usually does.
I know the microphone right in from of 112 was a third of the size of the usual CBC one.

Maybe - but (unfortunately) I get the local American broadcast. I'm not sure if that's the same as the ESPN one.

FluSH
07-20-2009, 01:49 PM
here we go....

NOT BAD AT ALL... I must say the ONE LOVE banner looks like it's beign held the best even with the Wind... Great Job to those who held down the ONE LOVE Monster two-stick banner... These guys HAVE to be PROs

Get In There
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
If anyone says they were at the game and the support from the south end was as strong as a regular (juiced up) match they are stone face lying.....or stone face drunk at most games and can't tell the difference.

NEE has an advantage, being a smaller / tighter group, and I would say they were as strong as usual.

Gave us our first laugh of the day

"no more world cup....it's all pat's fault"

B

FluSH
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM

Carts...

Hahaha Cart's always aiming High!

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
the 'EAT IT' banner probably 5 feet higher than the 'one love'.

but yeah, we've got some top quality two-stickers out there!

canadian_bhoy
07-20-2009, 02:00 PM
If anyone says they were at the game and the support from the south end was as strong as a regular (juiced up) match they are stone face lying.....or stone face drunk at most games and can't tell the difference.

NEE has an advantage, being a smaller / tighter group, and I would say they were as strong as usual.

Gave us our first laugh of the day

"no more world cup....it's all pat's fault"

B

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Saturday's match was louder or more boisterous than normal.

I thought it was more genuine. There was a lot less chanting for the sake of chanting - and a lot more chanting motivated by what was happening on the field. When TFC surged, the crowd got lowder - when they were pinned down, the crowd was quieter. It made the fans seem more in touch with the match rather than the usual endless droll of "oh god, we can't be quiet for more than 2 seconds, let's sing something, anything!!!".

It was also the first time we've had the entire stadium chanting "tfc clap clap clap" multiple times in a match.

Like I said, the volume and excitement wasn't as high - but the quality was better. If TFC played better and gave the fans more to cheer about, I think it would have been a top notch atmosphere.

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
here we go....

Someone forgot to hold up the RPB two stick!

Brooker
07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
i think with people being sober it made our shit play much harder to watch and get excited about.

they didnt give us much to cheer about at all in the scond half.. not surprised at all by how quiet it was.

Ageroo
07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
It was also the first time we've had the entire stadium chanting "tfc clap clap clap" multiple times in a match.

Like I said, the volume and excitement wasn't as high - but the quality was better. If TFC played better and gave the fans more to cheer about, I think it would have been a top notch atmosphere.

I am in agreement....although by most people's standards one might feel that it wasn't that loud...but I as well found the chanting a lot more real. It was refereshing hearing the whole stadium getting into the TFC clap clap clap........

As for the lack of people in that photo....welcome to my home behind the net. This is a regular thing. Does not matter if there is a security check or not. It always takes time to fill. Even with the FO printing earlier times on the tickets has not remedied this situation....Some people just don't care to get there before the match starts....this is nothing new. 112, 127 are usually full before the match starts, yes.....but no where else...

BuSaPuNk

Yeah like the guy in 227 that kept chanting "This is our house" and then spelling TFC..

Give me a T!!!

During the I think 15 time of This is our house, I changed it to learn a new chant!! :picard:

fetajr
no beer make me cold

Ageroo
i think with people being sober it made our shit play much harder to watch and get excited about.

they didnt give us much to cheer about at all in the scond half.. not surprised at all by how quiet it was.

Well...I am happy I didn't see a thing thrown on the pitch.......that was refreshing! :)

BuSaPuNk
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
+ NEE sounding pretty good all game...good soild core down there were pretty much at it all game. I could only hear the southend a few times and it did seem a little quieter than usual, however that was mostly in the second half when we were playing like crap and allowing Houston to impose there will. I don't think the "beer" is to blame....just mabey kept more of the fairweather fans from joining in.

The Kingpin
07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Saturday's match was louder or more boisterous than normal.

I thought it was more genuine. There was a lot less chanting for the sake of chanting - and a lot more chanting motivated by what was happening on the field. When TFC surged, the crowd got lowder - when they were pinned down, the crowd was quieter. It made the fans seem more in touch with the match rather than the usual endless droll of "oh god, we can't be quiet for more than 2 seconds, let's sing something, anything!!!".

Thank the lord someone has said this out loud!!! Though I know this poster will shoot me for agreeing with him. It ostensibly makes his post null and void!! :D

Parkdale
07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
unfortunately, the players wern't all that in touch with anything.

maninb
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Southend's "Get a Haircut" rang loud and clear several times, and I'm in 108....

LCB
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM

And it was before our BRAP BRAP! DeRo 2-stick raised... too bad.

Bobo
07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Southend's "Get a Haircut" rang loud and clear several times, and I'm in 108....

That was gold. I'm curious to know if he's still sporting that cut next game.

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
hell ya, finally more friggin 2 sticks in the south end

Where can I mail the ones I have finished here, so someone can use them each and every game.. Seriously, I'll donate them to the cause..

Someone PM me if you want them... one is 4 feet, (Captain Canuck) Other is 6 feet (Fortress)... Please, dont lose them...

Whoop
07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
from my seats I hear the north and south stands equally well.

there were lots of good chants, that seemed to last longer, and sound better (tone, pace) despite being quieter.

There was a massive two-stick party in the bunker, and that's the kind of thing TV doesn't focus on for long.

On this I agree.

Whoop
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM

I saw another picture with the RPB two stick in it.

London
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM

it hadnt come up yet, just like the champions one, you can see we just have it in the air in the pic and are about to show it!!

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
hell ya, finally more friggin 2 sticks in the south end

Where can I mail the ones I have finished here, so someone can use them each and every game.. Seriously, I'll donate them to the cause..

Someone PM me if you want them... one is 4 feet, (Captain Canuck) Other is 6 feet (Fortress)... Please, dont lose them...

If you bring them to a weekend game (all of them) I can take them off your hands.

(and by this I mean I'd be happy to take them if you want to donate them, it just would be easier not to mail them)

:scarf:

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 09:40 PM
And it was before our BRAP BRAP! DeRo 2-stick raised... too bad.

There was a nice Serioux 2 stick in 111 as well.

H Bomb
07-20-2009, 09:45 PM
hahahaha, funny photo. I'm in there, with my arms crossed. So if anyone laughed you owe me a beer!

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 10:07 PM
I'll see what I can do Al-Mo, I have a friend in Toronto. I'm not back until the Real game unfortunatly but I have 2 done and figured if people will fly them, I would fold them up and mail them. it wouldn't be a big deal at all, just find dowels there.. I just used wooden ones.

Either way let me know, I'd be delighted to see them in use each game

juicethps
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
that picture is just funny. i thought over all both the north n south end cheered fairly well. i know in the north we had a great time picking on the goalie with the no more world cup chant :) we also tried jumping in on a few chants with the south end when we could hear them. over all id say the support was good. allways room for improvment tho..

Technorgasm
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
here we go....

holy fuck that looks aweosme.

well done Banner Lads!

Fortresss banner - awesomeness
Danny banner - awesomeness
t.o.r.o.n.t.o. banners - awesomeness.

arm crossing just means yuou are hardcore!!

I mean, if you wer harder-core you would not face the pitch at all but. .

thanks for comin out.