PDA

View Full Version : Pre-match: 25 July Toronto FC at Columbus Crew

Yohan
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
A 3 pts at that shitpit will be almost as good as winning Voyageurs Cup

Lennon
07-19-2009, 02:34 PM
:hump:

btw ... did you get on a southbound subway train yesterday after the Canada game? I think I saw you ...

TFC USA
07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think we'll win. It just seems like a 2-0 loss whenever we go to play there.

Have we ever even taken the lead there?

This is a must-win to me despite my prediction. We can beat San Jose and New York but they're shit.

Can we beat a hot team like Columbus that only has 3 losses and has rebounded despite a shit start?

kodiakTFC
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't think we'll win. It just seems like a 2-0 loss whenever we go to play there.

Have we ever even taken the lead there?

This is a must-win to me despite my prediction. We can beat San Jose and New York but they're shit.

Can we beat a hot team like Columbus that only has 3 losses and has rebounded despite a shit start?

I agree. Damn it.

Yohan
07-19-2009, 02:44 PM
:hump:

btw ... did you get on a southbound subway train yesterday after the Canada game? I think I saw you ...
perhaps. i had a backpack and headphones on

Yohan
07-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Crew beat RSL 3-1... Without a lot of their first team incl Shitlicker.

Their two donkeys Garey and Lenhart with goals.

I'd be happy with just a draw

ForestGlade
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
The way the conference standings are so packed, you almost can't afford a draw

Yohan
07-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Columbus right now is 1 pt ahead of us. A win for them could potentially put them in 1st place in Eastern Conference

how sweet it would be to take 3 pts at Crew Stadium, where those shitheads haven't lost all season so far?

thisisinternetclash
07-19-2009, 11:59 PM
So who's going? I am.

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 12:00 AM
I'll be @ Archibald's in Richmond Hill.

twistedchinaman
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Take it!

Prediction: TFC 2-1 Shitlumbus

Gerba 27'
DeRo 57'
Garey 41'

Brooker
07-20-2009, 02:00 AM
this is the type of game Toronto teams somehow win.... when they really have no business doing so.

Keystone FC
07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Crew beat RSL 3-1... Without a lot of their first team incl Shitlicker.

Their two donkeys Garey and Lenhart with goals.

I'd be happy with just a draw

Yeah, but I just saw the highlights and one of their goals was a gift setup by RSL and the other was the result of one of the Crew players smashing the RSL goalie in the head leaving the goal open for the put in. You also have to remember that RSL were without the likes of that dirty hippy (as parkdale likes to call him) Beckerman.
The Crew will still be without alot of their players for the Gold Cup and we may have Ali G in the line up so I'd say we get a point or all 3 this time. And if we get all 3 the Crew faithful can keep that ashtray of a trophy...I want the 3 points and Crew monkey off our backs.
:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

jloome
07-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Houston, Columbus, Seattle .... these are the games that define whether we have a decent team. Some of our points, good, some not so impressive.

If we win this, we have a decent shot to contend. Most of our pieces (minus Sanyang) will be available. Gerba's there. OBW's there.

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
just curious because i'm sure someone here'll know
that fucking trillium cup thing, what do we need to do? win?
and then cummings has something to piss in on the side lines of games?

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Ah fuck Columbus.. Is anyone actually going? If so, be safe... can only imagine what Captain ShitStick Archer has said to get the troops rallied...

Yohan
07-20-2009, 09:11 PM
anyone know if Serioux is going to be available for this game?

Carts
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM

I briefly looked for the actual rules today online, and couldn't find them...

I won't even guess what they are LOL... If they're not posted, I'll find out from the club...

There must be something set up to break ties, away goals, total goals - who knows...

Carts...

Yohan
07-20-2009, 09:22 PM
well according to wikipedia

- Tiebreakers: 1) Goal Differential, 2) Away Goals For, 3) Previous Year Winners

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillium_Cup

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
they should awared that to us RPB on second thought
i really hate leaving at half and I do need something to piss into

TFC_Junky
07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
anyone know if Serioux is going to be available for this game?

dude, I'm serioux(ly) worried about this. How bad was that knee on knee collision? I thought that was his bad knee too. My first thought was "Oh no, that could be the season..." Fuck, I hope it's not as bad as I thought...

kitchener-TFC
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM

- Tiebreakers: 1) Goal Differential, 2) Away Goals For, 3) Previous Year Winners

For real? That's retarded.

Yohan
07-20-2009, 10:02 PM
dude, I'm serioux(ly) worried about this. How bad was that knee on knee collision? I thought that was his bad knee too. My first thought was "Oh no, that could be the season..." Fuck, I hope it's not as bad as I thought...
apparently he's got a knee contusion. sounds like something that can put him out for up to 6 weeks

Cannon
07-20-2009, 10:29 PM

That has to be the worst tiebreaker I've ever seen before. Worse than the coin flip.

gracos
07-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I think the title should be edited to "Trillium Cup: 25 July Toronto FC at Columbus Crew"

Yohan
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
according to Goff, Shitlicker will not be at ASG due to injury

that means he probably wont play 25th game too

good news for us, because that diving piece of shit is the best offensive weapon the Crew has

Yohan
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
I think the title should be edited to "Trillium Cup: 25 July Toronto FC at Columbus Crew"
:picard:

Nuvinho
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
according to Goff, Shitlicker will not be at ASG due to injury

that means he probably wont play 25th game too

good news for us, because that diving piece of shit is the best offensive weapon the Crew has

the score also reports that he is unlikely to play.

Stryker
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Regardless of wether its worth anything or not I still say its a fine looking little piece of hardware.
I'll be disappointed if we don't win it this year.

http://blackandgoldstandard.com/Images/2008/09/trillium-cup-branded.jpg

Nuvinho
07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
so if we tie 0-0, then Columbus wins
if we tie 1-1, we win (away goals for)
if we win, 2 cups for us so far this year!!!!!

Carts
07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
For real? That's retarded.

I don't mind that actually - I prefer it to a coin flip...

You have to BEAT the champs to take the cup from them...

Kind of like the Ryder Cup in golf, the cup holders keep it in a draw...

Personally, I would prefer penalty kicks if the teams are tied in points after the 3-games regardless of goals for or away goals...

But that's wishfull thinking on my part...

Carts...

Carter
07-21-2009, 09:59 AM

All we need is a tie to win the trillium cup.

rocker
07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
can't wait to see another cup lifted on enemy territory!

prizby
07-21-2009, 10:53 AM
who cares about the trillium cup...its a meaniless cup that doesn't get you anything...if it qualified us for some tournament, then maybe it would matter

prizby
07-21-2009, 01:45 PM
i wonder if after this game, Columbus will loosen up their retarded rules against TFC fans to encourage us to come back...

we have got to be worth $250 each...which would mean about 500k in money spent in the city, just for a soccer game...i hope columbus feels the pinch!

Shakes McQueen
07-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Bill Archer is in full swing on the Columbus Big Soccer board. Two locked threads already, filled with anti-Canada nonsense

It's kind of weird - while our "hatred" of Columbus has always been in a more or less comedic sense, there's a lot of people there that really seem to seriously hate our country, haha..

Anyway, make sure you don't actually stoke the embers there. Their new modus operandi seems to be to accuse TFC fans of being "obsessed" with Columbus, if they dare interject themselves into the echo chamber hate-fest.

I really hope we win this game, and I hope we celebrate with the shitty little trophy for 30 solid minutes in the center of the pitch.

- Scott

rocker
07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
who cares about the trillium cup...its a meaniless cup that doesn't get you anything...if it qualified us for some tournament, then maybe it would matter

anytime we take a cup from Columbus, IT'S ALL GOOD!

Yohan
07-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Bill Archer is in full swing on the Columbus Big Soccer board. Two locked threads already, filled with anti-Canada nonsense

It's kind of weird - while our "hatred" of Columbus has always been in a more or less comedic sense, there's a lot of people there that really seem to seriously hate our country, haha..

Anyway, make sure you don't actually stoke the embers there. Their new modus operandi seems to be to accuse TFC fans of being "obsessed" with Columbus, if they dare interject themselves into the echo chamber hate-fest.

I really hope we win this game, and I hope we celebrate with the shitty little trophy for 30 solid minutes in the center of the pitch.

- Scott
to be fair there seems to be a vocal minority that does want to see a healthy rivalry between TFC and Crew. i guess not everyone in Columbus is a moron

good news is that no Shitlicker. Moron (Moreno) and Muppet (Moffat) may be available for game, but coming off injury, probably limited to sub appearance.

Rogers and Marshall will be available if US lose to Honduras tomorrow, but they'll most likely start for US so they'll be tired for Sat

setting is perfect for first ever win against the Crew.

DON'T FUCK THIS UP LADS

Yohan
07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
anytime we take a cup from Columbus, IT'S ALL GOOD!
no it's not

only use for the Trillium Cup is for me to take a dump in it

Technorgasm
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Imma fuck Schelottos mum up the bum

mdc 77
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll be there, it's Columbus. :rolleyes: Sure they may have some stupid rules but I'm there to support TFC and watch them finally pull out a win in Columbus. If they muzzle me on the way in well then shit, I can still see the boys win the match.
:scarf:

jloome
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM

- Scott
Heheh, he's such a psychotic moron. Given his absolute belief in his supreme intellect, he's very fun to bait. Can't help myself. Brings out the troll in me.

The best thing to do is post POSITIVE messages on their board. They can't stand it, because it doens't break community rules but they know you're laughing at them anyway. "Your guys tried SO HARD the other week, when they had their asses handed to them etc etc."

Small and petty but that's about what the Archers of the world deserve.

Yohan
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Heheh, he's such a psychotic moron. Given his absolute belief in his supreme intellect, he's very fun to bait. Can't help myself. Brings out the troll in me.

The best thing to do is post POSITIVE messages on their board. They can't stand it, because it doens't break community rules but they know you're laughing at them anyway. "Your guys tried SO HARD the other week, when they had their asses handed to them etc etc."

Small and petty but that's about what the Archers of the world deserve.
you need to be more subtle ;)

Yohan
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd like to see

--------------Frei
-Wynne-Attakora-Garcia-Brennan
-------Robinson
-------------Guevara
-Vitti------DeRosario----Barrett
-----------Gerba

Subs
Edwards
Serioux
Velez
Gomez
Gala
Dichio
White

*Assuming that Serioux isn't match fit due to knee contusion injury and Attakora's injury isn't bad
*Ibrahim is away with US U20 team. Cronin is probably not going to be back yet from US Gold Cup team

TFC USA
07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I went there twice and they flamed me and said I should be exiled.

Fuck those assholes.

Yohan
07-23-2009, 05:37 AM
On Columbus's record home winning streak
"Records are there to be broken.
I remember saying to few of (media) guys before the Montreal game it could be done, and it was done."
-Carl Robinson

I freaking love this guy