PDA

View Full Version : Don't be deceived...

ua-kozak_TFC
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I don;t see this being talked about. BUt i felt that it needed to be pointed out...

For some reason the fact that we are first in the league... atleast for a moment. Gives us this sense of tranquility about our chances to make the play offs this year. I think it will be much harder than it looks...Not sure if you guys had looked at the standing ( in prespective) Here:
http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/ Pay attention to the games played vs points.. The WEST looks really strong this year they have lots of points in their hand. (4 teams with = or < points than us) 2 of which have a pair of games in hand... Although we are one of the top teams but we've played the most games...NE has 12 points to play for in hand...while kchave 2 games less than us but could be pretty well in the running...

Above all this we ahev a really really tough schedule ahead of us.. and it will get even tougher if we do make it to the group stage of concacaf....

I am just saying...it aint going to be as easy... [that's why WE NEED JDG!!!]

Brooker
07-18-2009, 10:12 PM
im just enjoying it for now. still a little while to go before i really care about the table. ups and downs sure to come.

AdamZ
07-18-2009, 11:32 PM
we have to stop talking about away form and home form etc. and concentrate on playing a good game. The turf is a game-killer, not just for us but for both teams, and I for one look forward to seeing TFC win on grass. I think this team has the ability and the inspiration to go on a big away run in the upcoming few weeks.

Cashcleaner
07-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Let's also consider that we've played one more game than Chivas, the Fire, and Rapids and all three are currently in the playoff safe-zone. Things would get very tight if they win their pending games. Chivas is on a losing streak at the moment, but I'm expecting them to win against the Revs today.

I agree with Adamz in that we need to start falling into a certain consistency for all our games. It is looking more and more like we're fielding a very confident team, and I think that in itself will really help decide a lot of our upcoming matches.

Beach_Red
07-19-2009, 08:11 AM
At least the team is still working to improve.

Getting JDG would be great.

Yesterday they still were making good chances, maybe Gerba will be a step up and possibly so will O'Brien White.

rocker
07-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Pay attention to the games played vs points.. The WEST looks really strong this year they have lots of points in their hand. (4 teams with = or < points than us) 2 of which have a pair of games in hand... Although we are one of the top teams but we've played the most games...NE has 12 points to play for in hand...while kchave 2 games less than us but could be pretty well in the running...

the thing I always say about "games in hand" though is our opposition has to win those games to hurt us. NE has 4 games in hand, yes, but they have to win 3 of 4 to just tie us.

You can't assume in MLS that those games in hand by all those teams are going to be wins. Some will be losses, some will be ties too.

So don't worry about the schedule or games in hand until near the end of the season when things have evened out.

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 12:28 PM
im just enjoying it for now. still a little while to go before i really care about the table. ups and downs sure to come.

Seconded.

I'm just worried about making sure we play well on a weekly basis, even if it doesn't always result in 3pts.

If we play like we did yesterday through to the end of the season, I suspect we will win more games than we lose, and make the playoffs. Everyone just had a lot of poor luck putting the ball in the net, but the chances were there.

And Gerba and JDG coming in would be huge. If JDG signs, I'm salivating at watching DeRo, JDG, Guevara, and Gerba all interacting on the attack.

- Scott