PDA

View Full Version : Dynamo goalie Pat Onstad slags turf

Stryker
07-18-2009, 07:35 PM
"It's got to be tough for Toronto FC when they have to play on that field," he said. "That field is nothing short of awful."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2009/07/18/10181501-cp.html

Yeah, tell us something we don't know Pat. :rolleyes:

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Gasp!

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 07:41 PM
We need a new article "Toronto FC slags Pat Onstad's haircut"

Seriously, the whole mushroom cut with no sideburns thing was cool when I was about 12 years old.

- Scott

Lucky Strike
07-18-2009, 07:41 PM
"It's got to be tough for Onstad when he has to have that haircut," he said. "That hairdo is nothing short of awful."

Fixed. :D

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
haha... was the 'GET A HAIRCUT' chant directed at one of the Houston players audible on TV? :D It wasn't directed at Onstad but rather at this guy who had this weird sort of ponytail forming a sort of platform of hair above his head... pretty weird. The best thing about it was every time the chant got started he'd touch his hair. :D

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
The worst part was that, where the sideburns used to be, you could clearly see a sideburn 5 o'clock shadow.

- Scott

rocker
07-18-2009, 07:47 PM
the get a haircut chant was great. Kamara's cut was awful.

prizby
07-18-2009, 08:08 PM
tell pat onstad, next game he should take another dump and score another goal!

werewolf
07-18-2009, 08:25 PM
he might of slagged the turf, but its nice to see he found a bottle of stick'em for his gloves this time around...

:rolleyes:

Cobblers
07-18-2009, 08:41 PM
not sure why everyone is slagging Onstad for supporting our own position - that the pitch is shit...

Yohan
07-18-2009, 08:43 PM
"Get a haircut!" clap clap clap clap clap

-sung to Kei Kamara, who checked multiple times to see if his hair was indeed that bad

wzhxvy
07-18-2009, 08:47 PM
The turf was not the reason Pat scored that goal for Jamaica, regardless, its embarassing for us when the opposition feels sorry for us. The turf is a disgrace, we know it and something has to be done to replace it with grass. End of story.

torfchamilton
07-18-2009, 08:48 PM
The more negative press about the turf the better.

GingerNinja
07-18-2009, 08:57 PM
He has sideburns, they are just really gray and you can't really see them from a distance.

Seriously, the whole mushroom cut with no sideburns thing was cool when I was about 12 years old.

- Scott

Kevvv
07-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear him speak up. We know, TFC knows the turf is bad and worsening, but other players chirping about it can help keep up the pressure to get rid of it.

billyfly
07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I was really hoping the bastard would punch it into his own net a la Jamaican game. Alas...

scut farkus
07-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Shave those sideburns!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zbccWJYAORo/SNnQt78SepI/AAAAAAAAAnU/EehnZS0nYA8/s200/mattinglyshavethosesideburns.jpg

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-18-2009, 09:53 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2009/07/18/10181501-cp.html

Yeah, tell us something we don't know Pat. :rolleyes:

it should read Canada is is tough with Pat onstad in goal where he punches the ball into his own net with the powerpunch of Muhammed Ali!!
Pat if your willing to lay the grass. do it and stop crying...

S_D
07-18-2009, 10:17 PM
it is a pity that the players union can't get together and refuse to play on the turf if it is that crappy. It could probably get the ball rolling in getting whatever deal the city needs.

FluSH
07-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Can't we put a collection of quotes already... how many players have to slag the turf before someone takes notice...

Pantalone wants Lacrosse teams and ultimate frisbee to be played at BMO Field.

prizby
07-19-2009, 10:13 AM
"Get a haircut!" clap clap clap clap clap

-sung to Kei Kamara, who checked multiple times to see if his hair was indeed that bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBxa1sazJA

1st second of my video, he had just finished checking his hair :P

Lucky Strike
07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
not sure why everyone is slagging Onstad for supporting our own position - that the pitch is shit...

For me, it's partly to do with the goal he gifted to the Jamaicans during WCQ.

billygrieveuk
07-19-2009, 10:36 AM
<- Same old hartson...cheatin bastrard
just looking at that face makes me feel ill.

it should read Canada is is tough with Pat onstad in goal where he punches the ball into his own net with the powerpunch of Muhammed Ali!!
Pat if your willing to lay the grass. do it and stop crying...

Damien
07-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I hope more players "slag" the turf, cuz it is shit.

FluSH
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBxa1sazJA

1st second of my video, he had just finished checking his hair :P

This was the one highlight of our support... it reminded me of the days were we had fun and were spontenous... he clearly heard us! and it clearly got to him as he was part of that push and shove afterwards...

Stryker
07-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I think the grass issue will be an all or nothing thing the coming off season.
We'll ethier get a deal done with the city and grass will go in or we'll have to lay a new turf surface and be stuck with it another 3 years.

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I think the grass issue will be an all or nothing thing the coming off season.
We'll ethier get a deal done with the city and grass will go in or we'll have to lay a new turf surface and be stuck with it another 3 years.

Anselmi mentioned on Prime Time Sports about 1.5 months ago, that they were hoping to get grass approved by the city this fall, and get the grass actually put in during the winter.

I'm very confident that it will get done, as long as the city approves another location to be the community use one. And of course, we have to make sure we keep the fire on their asses.

- Scott

Redcoe15
07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Anselmi mentioned on Prime Time Sports about 1.5 months ago, that they were hoping to get grass approved by the city this fall, and get the grass actually put in during the winter.

I'm very confident that it will get done, as long as the city approves another location to be the community use one. And of course, we have to make sure we keep the fire on their asses.

- Scott
Being from out of town myself, and just asking, wouldn't the upcoming Toronto mayoral race have an impact on what happens in regards to a new playing surface at BMO Field? What if current mayor, and TFC supporter David Miller, loses to someone like John Tory, former CFL commissioner?

forza_tfc
07-19-2009, 04:15 PM

- Scott

Funniest thing I read today. How true is that.

Blizzard
07-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Being from out of town myself, and just asking, wouldn't the upcoming Toronto mayoral race have an impact on what happens in regards to a new playing surface at BMO Field? What if current mayor, and TFC supporter David Miller, loses to someone like John Tory, former CFL commissioner?

I think that if Tory did decide to run, if would be a legitimate concern.

Whatever you guys think of Miller, he is a TFC STH. He is a legit supporter of TFC. It's good to have friends in high places!

markus
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM
two words...thank you...

zeelaw
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Has anyone made a comment that the turf had nothing to do with the cross he flapped at v. Jamaica?

AL-MO
07-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Does the turf affect his side burns? Or vice versa?

:D

bertal
07-20-2009, 07:28 AM
The worst part was that, where the sideburns used to be, you could clearly see a sideburn 5 o'clock shadow.

- Scott

seriously, you could see it perfectly at 116

Davenport
07-20-2009, 07:39 AM
two words...thank you...

Well said.

He's come out with a welcome comment about the joke surface and most of you want to have a go at him about his hair ?

How childish is that.

We should be thanking him for it.

AL-MO
07-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Well said.

He's come out with a welcome comment about the joke surface and most of you want to have a go at him about his hair ?

How childish is that.

I don't think his comment is helping us get grass any sooner.....

Davenport
07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't think his comment is helping us get grass any sooner.....

He's not the only one that has complained and the more negative comments the better. It all adds weight to the argument.
He's a veteran Canadian international so he should be listened too and respected more than most.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
shave those sideburns, onstad!!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zbccWJYAORo/SNnQt78SepI/AAAAAAAAAnU/EehnZS0nYA8/s200/mattinglyshavethosesideburns.jpg

rocker
07-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Well said.

How childish is that.

Onstad is a complicated man.. one can praise his turf stance and ridicule his haircut at the same time ;)

I also don't think his stance on turf should completely negate his stance on men's haircuts ;)

Big Bruva
07-20-2009, 11:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing :)

If he said "The turf is fine and I have no clue why TFC players complain about it" then i would get it but he is saying the same thing that a lot of players think when they play on it.

Stryker
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't think people are attacking Onstad because he dissed the turf.
We were making fun of his rediculous haircut in the game thread.

Shakes McQueen
07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't think people are attacking Onstad because he dissed the turf.
We were making fun of his rediculous haircut in the game thread.

Exactly. Good on him for speaking out about our shitty playing surface.

However, that doesn't make his sideburns look any better, or cause him not to have a mushroom cut. :D

- Scott

romburgundy
07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
What I wonna know is why you punched that ball?