PDA

View Full Version : POST GAME: TFC v Houston

jloome
07-18-2009, 02:07 PM
That's a difficult two points to lose. Controlled most of it, but let's face it, Boswell should already be playing in Europe and Cameron is a fucking monster, gone soon for sure.

So we got drawn by a couple of very good players. Tough to take. Defence should've pushed up faster on the goal, silly mistake.

Nana was brilliant, Vitti was a creating force. Robbo was up and down. Barrett had a tough one.

Shway
07-18-2009, 02:10 PM
we definately need real wingers to take on the wing backs

oldmanken
Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Guavera recently? His distribution just seems really poor.

AdamZ
it's the sort of draw that feels like a loss. We dominated and needed the points but you know, we have to stop talking about away form and home form etc. and concentrate on playing a good game. The turf is a game-killer, not just for us but for both teams, and I for one look forward to seeing TFC win on grass. I think this team has the ability and the inspiration to go on a big away run in the upcoming few weeks.

Corpand
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Did anyone else see the pitch literally split during the second half when one player hit the brakes? Fuckin terrible.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
it's the sort of draw that feels like a loss. We dominated and needed the points but you know, we have to stop talking about away form and home form etc. and concentrate on playing a good game. The turf is a game-killer, not just for us but for both teams, and I for one look forward to seeing TFC win on grass. I think this team has the ability and the inspiration to go on a big away run in the upcoming few weeks.

This is sort of where I am.

We played well today - offensively we were linking up well, and everyone had a chance or two that they were unable to finish. Keep this form up, and we will get results on the road

The one point is tough to swallow today, simply because we played so well for incredibly long stretches.

I look forward to Gerba suiting up for us soon. And I hope Serioux isn't out for long.

Look on the bright side - we are still top of the East for now, and still absolutely on track for the playoffs.

- Scott

Dirk Diggler
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Fucking can't wait till Canada gets eliminated and we get Ali Gerba ... thats all I have to say.

TFC USA
07-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm done with Brennan. His crosses are shit and he is largely responsible for standing around while he let Boswell run right past him.

I think Wynne has regressed, but Brennan has just been miserable.

DeRo is fucking awesome.

BMO Field is no longer a fortress. Not necessarily in the win column because we've won several times there already.

But I'm tired of seeing patches and patches of empty seats on the west end of the field. I thought that the 4:00 PM kickoffs were a detriment to attendance but now I'm thinking that the mania is over. The west end is never full and they're always the first to leave.

That bullshit annoys me because it is an eyesore to see a team that once had the best fans in MLS (since supplanted by Seattle in my book) half-assing it by either not showing up or showing up 30 minutes late.

I know the north and south end represent well and it looks like the east end as well. But that west end pisses me off.

Rant over.

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 02:19 PM
^ i second everything said there, soo disappointed

Keegan
07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Fucking can't wait till Canada gets eliminated and we get Ali Gerba ... thats all I have to say.

:facepalm: nice patriotism

Not gonna happen

Redcoe15
07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
They should have won that game. They controlled the play, but dug in their heels in the second half. How many points have been lost playing that way?

And De Vos was an idiot that game, blaming Danny D for interfering in Frei's play when Danny was nowhere near him.

boban
07-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Did anyone else see the pitch literally split during the second half when one player hit the brakes? Fuckin terrible.
Nope. What part of te field and approx. how much into the game, what minute?

AdamZ
07-18-2009, 02:23 PM
best fans in MLS (since supplanted by Seattle in my book)

I feel like murdering puppies whenever I read this shit.

AGAIN- that's like saying Chelsea have the best fans in the Premiership. I bet you'll like them even more if they get little flags to wave and more lyrics are put on the scoreboard.

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 02:23 PM
standby for press conference? ... do they always show this? never seen it before ...

MUFC_Niagara
07-18-2009, 02:32 PM
This is sort of where I am.

We played well today - offensively we were linking up well, and everyone had a chance or two that they were unable to finish. Keep this form up, and we will get results on the road

The one point is tough to swallow today, simply because we played so well for incredibly long stretches.

I look forward to Gerba suiting up for us soon. And I hope Serioux isn't out for long.

Look on the bright side - we are still top of the East for now, and still absolutely on track for the playoffs.

- Scott

I think you hit it on the head, Scott. We certainly deserved the 3 points but thats football. The performance is the most important part as it builds toward consistency. Tough to swallow today but I am please with our form!

Nuvinho
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM
The field was terrible - players slipped so many times and the ball seem to bounce way more than it used to.

Dub Narcotic
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought a draw was a fair result. Houston was the better team in the second half and had a lot of corners. It's hard to take three points against a tough team, even at home. TFC was hurt by the Serioux injury, both Barrett and Brennan became less effective after the switch. I thought Dichio and Guevera were both poor. Houston, even without Davis, Ching and Holden still had some very good players: Kamara, Cameron and Boswell in particular.

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
according to Cummins press conference, OBW should be ready to make an appearence on wednesday ... not that up front is where we need more people ... god i hope Serioux isn't out too long, and Garcia has been pissing me off pretty much from day one

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 02:46 PM
according to Cummins press conference, OBW should be ready to make an appearence on wednesday ... not that up front is where we need more people ... god i hope Serioux isn't out too long, and Garcia has been pissing me off pretty much from day one

Except for a couple of glaring brain farts, Garcia wasn't too bad I thought. I did think Wynne and Serioux had forgettable performances today. Attakora was great.

I look forward to OBW as well. More options to spark our attack is always a plus.

- Scott

Dub Narcotic
07-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Wynne had a good game: assisted the goal and got several other solid crosses in. A few defensive lapses but lots of solid defensive play as well.

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Except for a couple of glaring brain farts, Garcia wasn't too bad I thought. I did think Wynne and Serioux had forgettable performances today. Attakora was great.

I look forward to OBW as well. More options to spark our attack is always a plus.

- Scott
^ for me, that's what Garcia is like all the time though, a couple really bad plays and then average for the rest ... Nana is a beast! once his passing improves, he'll be on a lot of radars

Cas87
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Guavera recently? His distribution just seems really poor.

He does have other stuff on his mind that would take anyone off their game a bit, no matter who you are

SilverSamurai
07-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Lost 2 points. But well 1 is better than 0...
Will be nice to see Gerba suit up and hopefully he'll be bursting with confidence after helping Canada win the Gold Cup. :)

Nuvinho
07-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I am cheering for RSL, the rapids, and San Jose tonight....even ties i'd be happy with.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Don't forget to cheer for a draw between DC and Columbus.

- Scott

Stryker
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Wynne had a decent game.
Strong offensively but piss poor defensively.

dantdot
07-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Missed chances. The DD one on that cross from Dero, the Barrett chip, The Dero turn around. Someone finish them off FFS. Can't wait for Gerba, he can't be worse than this.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Vitti and Barrett have to finish those 2 chances they had in the first!......HOpefully Gerba will take care of buisness in a few weeks!

dag
07-18-2009, 03:26 PM
In many respects, this was one of the worst game-day experiences in the short history of the club. TFC just simply decided to play defense during the second half. I think I got a kink in my neck from looking northward from seat in 109 for 45 minutes. The Houston goal was a disgrace, but they absolutely deserved it.

DeRo was brilliant today, and fully deserved MOTM honours. As for Barrett, the less said, the better. Once again, Dichio made his presence known.

As for Robinson and Brennan, these two have disappointed me yet again.

My most damning opinion, though, is reserved for Cummins. Does anybody in this town know how to manage this game? Can anyone please explain his preference (like his predecessor) for just sitting on his hands all game, unwilling to use his three substitutes unless required by injury? What a useless twat.

And, I really hate to say it, but I feel it's true - but the South end was dead for most of the game. It's a sad statement when I can hear the TRN drums. Maybe the game being dry had everything to do with it, but what a dull game.

Finally, why were the usual exit gates kept closed after the game? What, did this have something to do with the Gold Cup match later in the afternoon? It came across as terrible crowd management. Who's to blame for that - BMO Field or ML$E?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Wasnt at the game......but it seemed like there was no atmoshere at all on TV??

East stand looked mostly Empty for the majority of the first half..

kitchener-TFC
07-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Nope. What part of te field and approx. how much into the game, what minute?

I'm not sure if we saw the same thing, but the one I saw was on the north end of the pitch (close to section 124/125).

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2009, 03:33 PM
In many respects, this was one of the worst game-day experiences in the short history of the club. TFC just simply decided to play defense during the second half. I think I got a kink in my neck from looking northward from seat in 109 for 45 minutes. The Houston goal was a disgrace, but they absolutely deserved it.

DeRo was brilliant today, and fully deserved MOTM honours. As for Barrett, the less said, the better. Once again, Dichio made his presence known.

As for Robinson and Brennan, these two have disappointed me yet again.

My most damning opinion, though, is reserved for Cummins. Does anybody in this town know how to manage this game? Can anyone please explain his preference (like his predecessor) for just sitting on his hands all game, unwilling to use his three substitutes unless required by injury? What a useless twat.

And, I really hate to say it, but I feel it's true - but the South end was dead for most of the game. It's a sad statement when I can hear the TRN drums. Maybe the game being dry had everything to do with it, but what a dull game.

Finally, why were the usual exit gates kept closed after the game? What, did this have something to do with the Gold Cup match later in the afternoon? It came across as terrible crowd management. Who's to blame for that - BMO Field or ML$E?

im sure beer was a big part...sadly!

morgank1986
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't know if Garcia has been mentioned yet but I was not happy with his game at all. He came out strong in the first half but in the second he was just kicking the ball as hard as he could, no concern for direction or anything. I though Guevara was really out to lunch this game. Passes to nowhere, poor touches, not a good outing. As for Wynne, everytime the ball was passed to him, I found myself concerned. He's play has taken a step back as far as I'm concerned.

On the positive side both DeRo and Vitti played well for the most part.

rocker
07-18-2009, 03:36 PM
there was no atmosphere cuz there was no beer!

it was a massive difference between a game with beer and a game without. You could just sense the energy was gone. I've been to many games where we were up 1-0 in the first half and it becomes a party.. but this one didn't. and after in the GO Train tunnel, nobody was singing and banging the panels. I've seen singing and banging the panels even after losses.

Even though I don't drink, I think they need to get those taps on next game :)

sampace
07-18-2009, 03:39 PM
For all of those "Harmse", "Barret", "Valez", and "Vitti" haters out there, there was a goat in this game....and he was the person who let Boswell slip in behind him for an open header to tie the game. No, it wasn't a rookie, but a veteran, none other than Captain Jim Brennan. He played the cute offside play instead of keeping with him and cutting the header out! Brennan is at fault for this tie in my opinion. If you don't agree watch the video evidence on the TFC webpage or MLS to see the hilights. Jim Brennan loses track of who is slipping in behind him as he watched the ball come in, then raises his hand to appeal for an offside!!!!

dano
07-18-2009, 03:40 PM

are you Canadian? you sound Honduran

tfc2008
07-18-2009, 03:42 PM
de rosarioooo sario sario sario that you guys have to sing more, and less dichio dichio dichio

de ros deserve to here his name in the stadion

Bobo
07-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I have to throw this out there, why is the south so reluctant to pick up on NEE's chants? At times the South was dead quiet and NEE heard perfectly, ignored, then a different chant is started. I don't get it. Not a criticism of the 112 and 113 capos, more a challenge, but I think they need to do more to unite the supporter groups and give a little meaning to those "supporters united" flags. Tale of two halves this game, both on the field and in the stands.

So what's up with Serioux injury?

Inspired performance by DeRo, didn't like Vitti, took a step back today IMO. Looked like he was trying to get sent off. Was hoping for Velez to replace him before the goal. First diving card I've seen given outside the box. If it's a consistent call then great, but knowing it won't be, that was bullshit. Who would have thought that Nana would at this time be our most consistent defender?

loconet
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
On the bus going home. What a tough loss of 2 points to swallow. Robbo although fights for those balls, could not distribute for shit. Dero looked motivated but much like the southend, died in the second half. I didn't believe the dry day was going to have such a big impact, but it sure did.

greatwhitenorf
07-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Crowd may have been intimidated by very heavy presence of security and those special 'guest services' staff constantly roaming the stands making sure MLSE didn't lose their hooch licence for a whole year by having someone sneak a quick nip.

If the place looked half empty on TV early on, everyone else was outside getting their y-fronts fingered by brawny security guys groping us for mickies. Oh, you brutes!

Lineups outside were still long and wide with more than 25 minutes gone in first half.

Davenport
07-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I think you hit it on the head, Scott. We certainly deserved the 3 points but thats football. The performance is the most important part as it builds toward consistency. Tough to swallow today but I am please with our form!

No way we deserved 3 points today. In the end we were lucky to get one.
Second half Houston were all over us..that's what you get when you score a goal and then try and defend it for 60 minutes with one striker.
They should have gone for a second instead of sitting back and giving Houston the initiative.
Very poor coaching IMHO.

jabbronies
07-18-2009, 04:15 PM
But I'm tired of seeing patches and patches of empty seats on the west end of the field. I thought that the 4:00 PM kickoffs were a detriment to attendance but now I'm thinking that the mania is over. The west end is never full and they're always the first to leave.

That bullshit annoys me because it is an eyesore to see a team that once had the best fans in MLS (since supplanted by Seattle in my book) half-assing it by either not showing up or showing up 30 minutes late.

Rant over.

The lineup to get into BMO was super long and stretched right around the stadium today. They were pat searching everyone who came in and then doing a second pat search once they got in. This was due to the no booze policy in effect for this game. They wanted to make sure that no one was bringing in booze.

People were there, they were just outside waiting to get in. People in my section who usually show up right after the anthem didn't get in until the 40 minute mark.

It's not due to the "mania" being over.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 04:19 PM
No way we deserved 3 points today. In the end we were lucky to get one.
Second half Houston were all over us..that's what you get when you score a goal and then try and defend it for 60 minutes with one striker.
They should have gone for a second instead of sitting back and giving Houston the initiative.
Very poor coaching IMHO.

TFC had a bunch of great chances to score in the second half - nobody could finish them.

I don't think we played all-out defense for the second half, and I'm curious about the fact that other people saw it that way. Sure we weren't quite as offensive, but that makes sense, because Houston were pushing to equalize, as we didn't want our backline to crumble.

We manage to net even one of those second half chances, and we aren't having this discussion.

Only coaching decision I took issue with, was subbing Velez in for Vitti, when we should have been pushing for 3pts, not resigning ourselves to defending for 1pt.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 04:20 PM
The lineup to get into BMO was super long and stretched right around the stadium today. They were pat searching everyone who came in and then doing a second pat search once they got in. This was due to the no booze policy in effect for this game. They wanted to make sure that no one was bringing in booze.

People were there, they were just outside waiting to get in. People in my section who usually show up right after the anthem didn't get in until the 40 minute mark.

I also think people forget that a lot of folks go over to the beer garden, rather than sitting in their seats.

- Scott

Davenport
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
TFC had a bunch of great chances to score in the second half - nobody could finish them.

I don't think we played all-out defense for the second half, and I'm curious about the fact that other people saw it that way. Sure we weren't quite as offensive, but that makes sense, because Houston were pushing to equalize, as we didn't want our backline to crumble.

We manage to net even one of those second half chances, and we aren't having this discussion.

Only coaching decision I took issue with, was subbing Velez in for Vitti, when we should have been pushing for 3pts, not resigning ourselves to defending for 1pt.

- Scott

Sorry but I disagree. TFC played like it was an away game. Score 1 then go into a defensive shell.
Employing 1 stiker when you're playing at home is criminal, and as a result they deservedly drew.
As I said before...very poor coaching.

brad
07-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I also think people forget that a lot of folks go over to the beer garden, rather than sitting in their seats.

- Scott

Beer garden was pretty empty today.

AdamZ
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
all this talk about 'mania' is total nonsense. Anyone who really thinks that the atmosphere was better and BMO totally packed game in game out in 2007 is deluded and putting too much stock into memories seen through rose-tinted beer goggles.

Attendance in 2008 and 2009 has been higher on average than 2007, even with higher ticket prices. I have watched every game on TV and there have ALWAYS been empty seats in the west side, and the maple leaf has almost always been visible until about 15 minutes in.

This game's atmosphere was dull, but a 1 PM start and no beer had a LOT to do with that. Several home games this season have been high points in terms of atmosphere and coordination in support when compared to previous seasons, the main exceptions being the post-Vancouver game and this one.

I spent a long time over the summer watching all the highlights from every game in the past two seasons as well as any full matches I could find online, and looking at attendance figures etc. Attendance numbers are more stable this season AND the 'atmosphere' is decidedly better or on par, not worse at all. Unless you think the 'oooh aaaahh' factor=good football atmosphere.

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 05:12 PM
^ that's absolutely criminal

brad
07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Attendance in 2008 and 2009 has been higher on average than 2007, even with higher ticket prices. I have watched every game on TV and there have ALWAYS been empty seats in the west side, and the maple leaf has almost always been visible until about 15 minutes in.

Remember - what you hear on TV has to do with mic placement and may not resemble what the stadium actually sounds like.

I have watched replay's of games where the atmosphere was poor across the stadium, but it still sounds great on TV because they mic the supporters sections.

The atmosphere has defiantly dropped off this year. The supporters sections sound as good as ever, but the rest of the stadium has really dropped off (mainly due to draconian security).

Shep
07-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Wasnt at the game......but it seemed like there was no atmoshere at all on TV??

East stand looked mostly Empty for the majority of the first half..

Everything was pretty much full by half, 20,172 att. The problem was the frisking I think, from where I was I could see crowds out down below waiting to move in while the match was already in play.

Beach_Red
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry but I disagree. TFC played like it was an away game. Score 1 then go into a defensive shell.
Employing 1 stiker when you're playing at home is criminal, and as a result they deservedly drew.
As I said before...very poor coaching.

And the weird part is they went into the defensive shell after Dichio came on.

It really looked like they got that goal playing the long ball through Dichio and decided to do that the rest of the game instead of trying to control the play as they were doing before he came on.

Gueezer
07-18-2009, 05:25 PM

Am I the only one who is extremely pissed off and offended at patdown? This is Canada. We don't let our police search citizens without reasonable grounds, yet we were all forced to consent to a gross violation of our privacy and personal space. I was actually searched twice! I know the second time was because I politely voiced my displeasure and the yellow-jacket wanted to show me whose boss. [I really was polite. When the security guard asked my permission to pat me down, I said, "I don't have a choice, but this is really offensive.] This was a complete over-reaction. The assumption that we're all a bunch of scofflaws who are going to smuggle in booze is offensive. You can't treat people that way. Sure some people were bound to sneak in some hooch, but you don't use a nuclear bomb to get rid of an anthill. They could have used the extra security they brought in to do the patdowns to patrol the stands to keep an eye out for the few people who were gonna BYOB.

WHITEY
07-18-2009, 05:26 PM

That's the part I did not get, I mean did they honestly think that from the time I along with getting my bag searched just before getting my ticket scanned, getting my ticket scanned and walking through the gate that somebody would have blinked and I would have put a flask down my pants? I'm all for security and pat searches but I think today was overkill.

brad
07-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one who is extremely pissed off and offended at patdown? This is Canada. We don't let our police search citizens without reasonable grounds, yet we were all forced to consent to a gross violation of our privacy and personal space.

You weren't forced into anything. You chose to enter a private venue and consent to their search policies. It was your choice. Of course, the other option was not attending.

rocker
07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
i didn't get patted down at all... I was sitting in 123 today.. went in through Gate 4 where the players go in... no lineup at all.... just scanned my ticket and I was in...

ahhh, the privileges of the prawn section :)

AdamZ
07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Remember - what you hear on TV has to do with mic placement and may not resemble what the stadium actually sounds like.

I have watched replay's of games where the atmosphere was poor across the stadium, but it still sounds great on TV because they mic the supporters sections.

The atmosphere has defiantly dropped off this year. The supporters sections sound as good as ever, but the rest of the stadium has really dropped off (mainly due to draconian security).

that's fair, but it's really not so much of a worry to me, at least not as much as some people are making it out to be. But regardless, the talk about the 'mania' going away is pretty silly considering attendance numbers and considering the FACT that there have always been empty seats around.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-18-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm done with Brennan. His crosses are shit and he is largely responsible for standing around while he let Boswell run right past him.

That was an OFFSIDE trap... that NIck Garcia had a NAP and left bosswell onside.... If anyone is to blame for thatis Nick Garcia... not brenan...

Gueezer
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
You weren't forced into anything. You chose to enter a private venue and consent to their search policies. It was your choice. Of course, the other option was not attending.

I'm a STH. I'd already paid for the ticket. They weren't offering refunds.

More to the point, BMO Field isn't a private venue in the same sense as your house is. It's more like a shopping mall and any other place where there is an invitation to the public. [Even more so because people have paid for the right to enter.] By your logic, BMO could ban racial minorities or homosexuals under their "admission policies." We all know that wouldn't be on.

I am not even remotely a radical. I'm about as establishment as you can get. I'm a suit who is as close to "The Man" as you can get. Still, I believe in freedom and this is an example of how we have allowed our liberties to be eroded. We no longer stand up for them. I don't want to live in a place where my 65-year-old dad has to lift up his ball cap to be searched for drugs just so he can enjoy an afternoon of footie.

brad
07-18-2009, 06:24 PM

Irrelevant.

More to the point, BMO Field isn't a private venue in the same sense as your house is. It's more like a shopping mall and any other place where there is an invitation to the public. [Even more so because people have paid for the right to enter.]Bad example, the mall could search you if they chose to. It's private property, and the those in charge set the rules (as long as those rules do not violate Canadian Law).

By your logic, BMO could ban racial minorities or homosexuals under their "admission policies." We all know that wouldn't be on. Wrong, this is discrimination and illegal. Searching people on entry into a sporting event is not illegal and therefore fair game.

I am not even remotely a radical. I'm about as establishment as you can get. I'm a suit who is as close to "The Man" as you can get. Still, I believe in freedom and this is an example of how we have allowed our liberties to be eroded. We no longer stand up for them. I don't want to live in a place where my 65-year-old dad has to lift up his ball cap to be searched for drugs just so he can enjoy an afternoon of footie.You are blowing this out of proportion. If people got caught with booze, they would have lost their liquor license for the rest of the year. This would mean a serious loss of profits which MLSE would then pass on to you in the form of higher ticket prices.

Man, it's not like the RCMP forcibly strip searched you outside the venue.

Oh, and I've seen a 65 year old man (or there abouts) hand a mickey of vodka to a teenager and tell him to stuff it down his pants on the way into BMO before.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Am I the only one who is extremely pissed off and offended at patdown? This is Canada. We don't let our police search citizens without reasonable grounds, yet we were all forced to consent to a gross violation of our privacy and personal space. I was actually searched twice! I know the second time was because I politely voiced my displeasure and the yellow-jacket wanted to show me whose boss. [I really was polite. When the security guard asked my permission to pat me down, I said, "I don't have a choice, but this is really offensive.] This was a complete over-reaction. The assumption that we're all a bunch of scofflaws who are going to smuggle in booze is offensive. You can't treat people that way. Sure some people were bound to sneak in some hooch, but you don't use a nuclear bomb to get rid of an anthill. They could have used the extra security they brought in to do the patdowns to patrol the stands to keep an eye out for the few people who were gonna BYOB.
Agreed. I was searched three times on the way in and I didn't open my mouth or do anything in any way confrontational. BS. They're slowly trying to impose more and more of their will upon supporters and micro-manage them to bits.

BTW, I am somewhat anti-establishment, for the record... :D

felipe
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I thought we played well enough to win...but dropping two points is heartbreaking...I hope we don't need 'em at the end of the year, 'cause they were in the palms of our hands!

S_D
07-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I thought we played well enough to win...but dropping two points is heartbreaking...I hope we don't need 'em at the end of the year, 'cause they were in the palms of our hands!

Agreed, this could come back and bite us in the ass.

We should have won, but it was the same problem we have seen before, that lack of killer instinct. Time for someone on the team to decide that they need to bury teams and give them no chance at a comeback.

I can understand playing a defensive game to protect the lead but you can't play it for that long. Last 5 or so minutes sure, but it seemed to me they were playing that style for the entire second half. It wouldn't surprise me if that last 3-0 loss psyched them out a bit.

Overall though I was happy with the effort. Not thrilled about the tie, but don't have that shitty feeling I have had when they booked it in like against RSL or Chicago.

bhoybobby
07-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Wynne had a decent game.
Strong offensively but piss poor defensively.

That's a problem when you're playing fullback, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's clearly not a footballer, Attakora's a superior player

Stryker
07-18-2009, 06:59 PM
That's a problem when you're playing fullback, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's clearly not a footballer, Attakora's a superior player

I agree but I was trying to sugar coat it after all the uproar my thread about wanting Wynne sold or traded caused.

;)

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I liked Nana today. Barrett was working hard, but he could have done better with that chance he had. He took the most predictable shot possible and Onstad read it easily.

Also, today convinced me that we need more evening kick-offs. The atmosphere wasn't great today, for later kick-offs it's always electric. Obviously though, the lack of alcohol available in the stadium had something to do with it as well...

bhoybobby
07-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I agree but I was trying to sugar coat it after all the uproar my thread about wanting Wynne sold or traded caused.

;)

He's got world class speed & no football sense, poor positioning & gives up needless fouls.

He's not the best right back on the team, over rated footballer, decent athlete, taxi for Wynne

Gueezer
07-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Irrelevant.

Bad example, the mall could search you if they chose to. It's private property, and the those in charge set the rules (as long as those rules do not violate Canadian Law).

Wrong, this is discrimination and illegal. Searching people on entry into a sporting event is not illegal and therefore fair game.

Discrimination is NOT illegal unless it's a state actor or a private actor who is required to operated under legislation [i.e. employers, landlords, etc.] Being a bigot is perfectly legal. You can ban anyone you want from your house, but you gotta rent an apartment to them.

You are blowing this out of proportion. If people got caught with booze, they would have lost their liquor license for the rest of the year. This would mean a serious loss of profits which MLSE would then pass on to you in the form of higher ticket prices.

The only thing blown out of proportion was the approach taken by BMO. The level of security was disproportionate to the risk of people sneaking in booze. Not many people would have done it. And, you're also overstating the consequences of people sneaking booze in. If they kicked people out they saw drinking, they would be fine. Rogers Centre had a dry Jays game earlier this year and they didn't frisk everyone. Also, a liquor licence relates to serving of alcohol.

I personally don't like being treated like a criminal. I resent the assumption that I'm going to break the rules. Like I said in my first post, we don't let cops search us without reasonable grounds. Yet, we're willing to put up with it at a soccer game of all things? Sure, it maybe lawful, but it doesn't make it right.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Discrimination is NOT illegal unless it's a state actor or a private actor who is required to operated under legislation [i.e. employers, landlords, etc.] Being a bigot is perfectly legal. You can ban anyone you want from your house, but you gotta rent an apartment to them.

The only thing blown out of proportion was the approach taken by BMO. The level of security was disproportionate to the risk of people sneaking in booze. Not many people would have done it. And, you're also overstating the consequences of people sneaking booze in. If they kicked people out they saw drinking, they would be fine. Rogers Centre had a dry Jays game earlier this year and they didn't frisk everyone. Also, a liquor licence relates to serving of alcohol.

I personally don't like being treated like a criminal. I resent the assumption that I'm going to break the rules. Like I said in my first post, we don't let cops search us without reasonable grounds. Yet, we're willing to put up with it at a soccer game of all things? Sure, it maybe lawful, but it doesn't make it right.

Does it bother you that they scan everyone at the airport?

- Scott

felipe
07-18-2009, 07:11 PM
only when they take my nail clippers

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:15 PM

- Scott
Being given a once-over by security is fine and I recognize this as a necessary inconvenience... But I was felt up three times. By a yellow just outside the gate, at the gate, and then again by a yellow just inside the gate. Slight overkill.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Being given a once-over by security is fine and I recognize this as a necessary inconvenience... But I was felt up three times. By a yellow just outside the gate, at the gate, and then again by a yellow just inside the gate. Slight overkill.

I agree with that. Three times is completely excessive.

I was more getting to this idea that the very concept of "assumed guilt" in checking everyone, is wrong and offensive.

- Scott

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:22 PM
OK, we're on the same page then... ;)

torfchamilton
07-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I thought Amado, Jimmy B, Wynne and Dichio were below average. I think Garcia will turn out to be useless. He is slow, short and only clutches and grabs to stay with players. What has happened to Marvell? He definitely has no soccer sense, but not even his speed was a factor.

If we finish our chances, we have 3 points. Misses from Vitti, Barrett, and others killed us as always. There was also a weak shot that Dero took that he started with his back to goal. He should have laid it back to Vitti who was facing the net. Why is it that Dero never passes to Vitti?

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Dichio had that one brutal miss too, off the feed from DeRo (I think).

- Scott

torfchamilton
07-18-2009, 07:36 PM
You are right, it was floated in to Dichio and he missed the net by 10 feet

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
His first touch really let him down, it took him too far wide. That happened for a lot of guys tonight. We weren't as sharp as we needed to be.

DoubleUp
07-18-2009, 07:49 PM
CANADA's a police state! always has been.:canada:

Gueezer
07-18-2009, 08:01 PM

- Scott

No. And I recognize it might sound hypocritical, but the checks at the airport are more proportionate to the risks and consequences. Planes do get hijacked and the consequences are tragic. It's also different because you know before you buy a ticket you're going to have to be searched. I just wanted to go to a footie match.

Maybe I am crazy, but I found it to be a huge overreaction and a huge violation. And I took offence at being presumed guilty. I was also angry that my dad was told he was being searched for drugs. [For the record, police aren't allowed to randomly search bus passengers for drugs on known trafficking routes.]

Redpunkfiddle
07-18-2009, 08:09 PM

More to the point, BMO Field isn't a private venue in the same sense as your house is. It's more like a shopping mall and any other place where there is an invitation to the public. [Even more so because people have paid for the right to enter.] By your logic, BMO could ban racial minorities or homosexuals under their "admission policies." We all know that wouldn't be on.

I am not even remotely a radical. I'm about as establishment as you can get. I'm a suit who is as close to "The Man" as you can get. Still, I believe in freedom and this is an example of how we have allowed our liberties to be eroded. We no longer stand up for them. I don't want to live in a place where my 65-year-old dad has to lift up his ball cap to be searched for drugs just so he can enjoy an afternoon of footie.

Clearly. :rolleyes: Your analogy is weak, but thanks for trying to protect our civil liberties.

Shakes McQueen
07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
No. And I recognize it might sound hypocritical, but the checks at the airport are more proportionate to the risks and consequences. Planes do get hijacked and the consequences are tragic. It's also different because you know before you buy a ticket you're going to have to be searched. I just wanted to go to a footie match.

Maybe I am crazy, but I found it to be a huge overreaction and a huge violation. And I took offence at being presumed guilty. I was also angry that my dad was told he was being searched for drugs. [For the record, police aren't allowed to randomly search bus passengers for drugs on known trafficking routes.]

If you think it's an overreaction, that's fine.

But if the idea of presumed guilt offends you, then the level of consequences if you WERE guilty shouldn't enter into it.

I actually think frisking everyone was a huge overreaction - but I don't really see anything wrong with it. And it doesn't offend me either, for the same reason airport scanners don't offend me. It's not a matter of assuming guilt - it's a matter of not knowing who is guilty, and who isn't. And I bet they caught a ton of people trying to sneak booze in, too.

And the reason they did it, I bet, is probably because there was a potential for huge fines, or a longer license suspension, if anyone was seen with alcohol at BMO while their license was suspended for that game. And the only way to really ensure that didn't happen, would be to frisk everyone.

I don't suspect we will see the same thing next home game.

- Scott

Oldtimer
07-18-2009, 08:16 PM
The problem was finishing.
TFC was pushing for a second goal until near the end when Velez was subbed in.

BTW, contrary to some observers here, I agree with that decision, it was the right thing to settle for a draw at that time as it sure looked like we were going to give up a second goal and had to quickly solidify the back line.

To the one who said that Cummins "only subs for an injury," that is simply untrue. Velez for Vitti was a careful strategic decision, whether you agree with it or not. Now you might ask why he didn't use the 3rd sub. Well I was actually thinking about the question of a third sub in the last 10 minutes, and couldn't think of anyone that was on the bench that I would have preferred on the field, apart from Serioux, who was obviously unavailable.

Gueezer
07-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Clearly. :rolleyes: Your analogy is weak, but thanks for trying to protect our civil liberties.

It illustrates the point that you can't do whatever you want simply because you own a private venue. It was an "over the top" analogy by design. [Whether is worked or not is a different story :o]

I realize that I'm starting to look like I'm a crazy, but we live in a country where authority figures are not allowed to just search people. Yesterday, the Supreme Court acquitted a man who had $4M worth of cocaine in his car because the police had no grounds to search him [even though he was ultimately guilty.] http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/supreme-court-rules-on-tainted-evidence/article1222134/ It all comes down to a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I'll drop it. It really pissed me off. It just struck me as really wrong, but it seems like I'm in the minority. [And the dripping sarcastic mockery is beginning to stain :)] I'll see if I'm still pissed off the morning.

Yohan
07-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Velez was also playing up front as a striker when he got subbed in

billyfly
07-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Went to the game.

Missed beer even though I thought I wouldn't. I guess its true you don't know what you got until its gone.

Late Dynamo goal hit hard b/c it was preventable even though Houston was coming on strong.

I do think that BMO is unlike other MLS stadiums b/c we seem to get more reaction from opposing players that I don't see watching other games. (Houston's 10 with the mohawk)

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-18-2009, 09:55 PM
ist half mediocre by our standards....2nd half we defended for 45 mins and paid the price...but a point is a point..

twistedchinaman
07-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Crushed that three points couldn't be had. Mad that the tying goal was given up with the usually slop-assed defence.

Now of course Chicago, Columbus AND DC all win. From sharing the lead to hanging onto fourth. Two games up on KC and only one against Colorado (5th seed in the west). It's leaving us with almost no margin of error here...and that's what scares me.

napoli73
07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Sloppy play from Jimmy B cost us the 3 points. Hi-Def TFC was pretty cool but it really showed how badly worn the turf is......it getting harder and harder to watch pro soccer on such a crap pitch.

cuecas_red
07-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I saw the huge line up at gate 1, so I walked down to the South entrance, had about 5 ppl in front of and I was in. I thought the double check was over kill, hard to believe some of you got tripled checked.

TFC Cityboy
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats to Security in the South Stand today.
1- entering gate 3 my son was told he couldn't bring in a flag. I told the goon that actually he WAS allowed to as we were in the Supporters' section. He wisely chose not to argue with me
2-special shout out to the goon in 115 for telling a STH that his kid could not stand on the seat to watch the match. He called for back up as a bunch of us were telling him to leave them alone and keep an eye out for real issues. His supervisor came over and sorted the situation out. Seems like over-enthusiasm from the newbie.
Season almost done and these tossers still don't get it.

Roogsy
07-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I have to throw this out there, why is the south so reluctant to pick up on NEE's chants? At times the South was dead quiet and NEE heard perfectly, ignored, then a different chant is started. I don't get it. Not a criticism of the 112 and 113 capos, more a challenge, but I think they need to do more to unite the supporter groups and give a little meaning to those "supporters united" flags. Tale of two halves this game, both on the field and in the stands.

Sorry Bobo...completely untrue. Maybe you missed it up but we tried to pick up 127 chants twice during the game. The plain fact is, it doesn't work well because of the speed of sound and the timelag. But we did try and we keep trying even though in my opinion it's a futile exercise.

Fushida
07-18-2009, 11:31 PM
We got robbed of the 3 points.. I place the blame mostly on Cummins. Before Serioux went off injured and Dichio came on, we were dominating the game - playing short simple passes and keeping possession. The second Dichio came on, of course we scored (through a nice short pass) but for some reason felt obliged to hurl EVERY SINGLE BALL to Danny's head. Whatever Danny did he couldn't get that ball down half the time, and when he did he got called for phantom fouls by that cunt ref.

Re: 2nd half... every. single. attack. was an attempted long ball to Dichio. Every. single. throw in was a long throw to Dichio. I mean come on, can this team become so predictable the second Dichio comes on? Did anyone count how many of those throw-ins we ACTUALLY kept? What is wrong with a simple throw to someone who actually makes room and gets open? Rather than lob it forward to lose possession?

Look at it this way... Vitti, DeRo and Guevara (heck even Barrett) were TEARING UP the Houston defense in the first half. How many times did we actually pass the ball to Vitti and Barrett in the second half? I'm not talkin about them chasing balls and working for it.. I"m just talking about the defense + Robbo PASSING the ball to them? If you had counted it wouldn't be pleasant.

I'm gonna get a lot of heat for saying this, but either because of the mentality of Cummins bein instilled on this team, or just because of the team itself... Dichio is being made to limit our offensive capabilities. The man is a good player, but we're not using him correctly .. especially obvious after this second half. We went from a dynamic offense to a predictable and garbage offense in the matter of a single sub... and there's something seriously wrong with that.

Lennon
07-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Just want to echoe what others have said about the atmosphere ... definitely my worst experience ever in 112 ... you could hear a pin drop for most of the match ... really dissapointing ... I think I'll be checking out NEE next home game ...

Wagner
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM
the team looked kind of gassed in the 2nd half.

I also thought the pat-downs were kind of excessive.
i was patted down twice in 10 seconds....the second guy was extremely rude.
it was super early, so there was no line...and the meathead had no sense of humour...he ordered me to raise my arms...so i cheekily said "please" (pointing out his rudeness) he was not impressed at all, but eventually let me pass. seemed really excessive.

oh well.
we are still right in the thick of things.
let's hope the friendlies are injury free...and carver gives key players a rest when needed.

Ratven
07-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I wasn't really going to give my opinions but I think there are a few points that I want to touch on.

I found the way the fans behaved today to be very interesting. I think the lack of alcohol if anything made us into a more intelligent audience, and actually I thought we had more coordination today than most other days. During the first half, the team was pushing forward, and we were electric. We were on the ball with most chants, all sections connecting well, and despite Bobo's unfounded comments this was the FIRST time that we actively tried to pick up on NEE's chants and carry them on, and it worked a number of times pretty decently. During the second half, the team was on the defensive from the kickoff. And the crowd responded appropriately in my opinion, for the first time ever. Without the booze to fuel continuous rounds of "Oh when the reds" or what have you... we just waited for the team to give us anything to latch on to.. and they didnt. But even so, we didn't lose interest, we were right there with bad calls, and most impressive to me were the two brief glimpses we got from a corner and a free kick late in the game... the South End exploded in song and dance, until both opportunities were squandered. What I took from this, is the pride that we're not just mindless automatons that go through the motions, but rather are also influenced by the product on the pitch at least as much as we would like to think we influence them.

This is not to say that the time of the game didn't play a factor, it did for sure. Day games suck, plain and simple. And EARLY day games, on a saturday, are the absolute worst... add to that unecessary patdowns and stuff... made for a pretty sour experience to begin with.

I'm very happy with the support though, we're more organized than ever, early on in the game I looked over to large parts of 110 and 109 joining in on the clapping and singing to some chants, which is something I'd never seen before. Songs are spreading, people are getting more into it, and we're louder and more together more often than not.

As for Cummins, I was quite upset that he wasn't making any substitutions as well during the game, until I thought and realized that we had no one on the bench that would improve the play at all. We're unfortunately pretty short staffed past our starting 11, and Dichio came in early. I was happy Vitti was taken off, for no other reason that he came close to getting a 2nd yellow when he grabbed the Houston player's shorts, and had a number of other fouls that could've accumulated to a yellow as well.

AL-MO
07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
NEE could hear TRN's drums......nuff said.

AL-MO
07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Just want to echoe what others have said about the atmosphere ... definitely my worst experience ever in 112 ... you could hear a pin drop for most of the match ... really dissapointing ... I think I'll be checking out NEE next home game ...

Were you anywhere near the drum?

Oh and see my post above. It was dead EVERYWHERE yesterday.

twistedchinaman
07-19-2009, 12:23 AM
11am Mountain start on a Saturday + being at work = yeah, no.

AdamZ
07-19-2009, 12:31 AM
We got robbed of the 3 points.. I place the blame mostly on Cummins. Before Serioux went off injured and Dichio came on, we were dominating the game - playing short simple passes and keeping possession. The second Dichio came on, of course we scored (through a nice short pass) but for some reason felt obliged to hurl EVERY SINGLE BALL to Danny's head. Whatever Danny did he couldn't get that ball down half the time, and when he did he got called for phantom fouls by that cunt ref.

Re: 2nd half... every. single. attack. was an attempted long ball to Dichio. Every. single. throw in was a long throw to Dichio. I mean come on, can this team become so predictable the second Dichio comes on? Did anyone count how many of those throw-ins we ACTUALLY kept? What is wrong with a simple throw to someone who actually makes room and gets open? Rather than lob it forward to lose possession?

Look at it this way... Vitti, DeRo and Guevara (heck even Barrett) were TEARING UP the Houston defense in the first half. How many times did we actually pass the ball to Vitti and Barrett in the second half? I'm not talkin about them chasing balls and working for it.. I"m just talking about the defense + Robbo PASSING the ball to them? If you had counted it wouldn't be pleasant.

I'm gonna get a lot of heat for saying this, but either because of the mentality of Cummins bein instilled on this team, or just because of the team itself... Dichio is being made to limit our offensive capabilities. The man is a good player, but we're not using him correctly .. especially obvious after this second half. We went from a dynamic offense to a predictable and garbage offense in the matter of a single sub... and there's something seriously wrong with that.

eh? guessing you haven't seen the past few interviews and press conferences with Cummins?

He absolutely HATES the long ball nonsense, and is desperately trying to stop it from happening. In fact, after today's match he made a point of repeatedly saying how disappointed he was in the long ball play. I think with Dichio on the team just reverts to long ball crap.

Fushida
07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
eh? guessing you haven't seen the past few interviews and press conferences with Cummins?

He absolutely HATES the long ball nonsense, and is desperately trying to stop it from happening. In fact, after today's match he made a point of repeatedly saying how disappointed he was in the long ball play. I think with Dichio on the team just reverts to long ball crap.

No I didn't see it... but I actually JUST read it. So my bad on that one. Perhaps as coach he should have been more animated in telling the players not to hurl those long ones over and over again... he did have 45 minutes to do so.

Lennon
07-19-2009, 12:50 AM

Yea I heard the drum .. but there were many periods in the game where it was either silent or 2-3 rows in 112 trying to get something going with no response from all the other "supporters" in 112/113 ...

And to make things worse I was sorrounded by a bunch of first time go-ers that were chatting about random crap throughtout the game ... :facepalm:

grizzle
07-19-2009, 02:17 AM
My thoughts... I don't think we played particularily well and were lucky to just tie it. Wynne played like a champ though and was probably the player that stood out most in my eyes. Guevara and Brennan played like shit in my eyes. I am still happy though with the 1 point considering this is one of the "better" teams in the league.

FluSH
07-19-2009, 07:08 AM

?

Reluctant? Where do you stand? Stand besides with me next time... During normal games we can't hear NEE... Yesterday was the only time we could hear NEE (because we were more quiet than usual) and I picked up on the chants and carried them THREE TIMES.

And for the record: We are the only one's who have made supporter united flags....

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Reluctant? Where do you stand? Stand besides with me next time... During normal games we can't hear NEE... Yesterday was the only time we could hear NEE (because we were more quiet than usual) and I picked up on the chants and carried them THREE TIMES.

And for the record: We are the only one's who have made supporter united flags....
Yeah, usually the NEE aren't audible at all from the southeast corner, but since it was quieter today than usual, a number of times 112 joined in with them. In the words of Roogsy, it was an average day; average team on the pitch, average chanting. At times it seemed only the 3-4 rows closest to the drum were joining on with the songs. It was very disappointing especially considering how good 112 has been this season.

FluSH
07-19-2009, 07:15 AM
The problem was finishing.
TFC was pushing for a second goal until near the end when Velez was subbed in.

BTW, contrary to some observers here, I agree with that decision, it was the right thing to settle for a draw at that time as it sure looked like we were going to give up a second goal and had to quickly solidify the back line.

To the one who said that Cummins "only subs for an injury," that is simply untrue. Velez for Vitti was a careful strategic decision, whether you agree with it or not. Now you might ask why he didn't use the 3rd sub. Well I was actually thinking about the question of a third sub in the last 10 minutes, and couldn't think of anyone that was on the bench that I would have preferred on the field, apart from Serioux, who was obviously unavailable.

Have we not seen the Velez for a Striker before... even when we are down a goal? Carver did it... and so did Cummins during a game when we needed a to tie... so yesterday, I had no idea what Cummins intentions were for bringing ing Velez.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Velez has proven to be an asset on set pieces, I guess that's what Cummins was thinking about, and according to someone yesterday he was actually a striker earlier in life. Still kind of a strange sub though.

FluSH
07-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Yeah, usually the NEE aren't audible at all from the southeast corner, but since it was quieter today than usual, a number of times 112 joined in with them. In the words of Roogsy, it was an average day; average team on the pitch, average chanting. At times it seemed only the 3-4 rows closest to the drum were joining on with the songs. It was very disappointing especially considering how good 112 has been this season.

This is what I don't get... I would love to know where Bobo stands because I can't fucking hear 110 on reguald chant games... remember that thread where 110 was accusing us of not picking up their chants/?1

FFS people... There is no intent on ignoring chants... that's just plain counter productive. IN fact, I can name you the 3 specific chants that RPB picked up from NEE yesterday...

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-19-2009, 07:25 AM

Yeah, man, all day the only other songs I heard were coming from Scott in front of 113 and from the NEE (which we picked up on when we could, might I add). It was pretty dead.

Petor
07-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I was at the match yesterday.
Had a blast, probably the most fun I had at a TFC match.
I read the bulletin and came a little early, bought a ticket for the 29th(PRI) then entered the stadium. It took a little while to get the ticket because their debit machine was down so I convinced them to take cash. :o
The line going into the stadium at that time was short, I asked the guy at the second pat down if he wanted me to spread my legs and bend over he said no, I acted disappointed and told him that if I was a girl you probably would have said yes! :D
Sat in 222 section for the first time, quite a cross section, from families to hard core supporters. We joined in quite a few times with the chants from the supporters sections and had the "stomp" going quite a few times. One time we had it going so good the girl behind me got worried because everything was shaking.
The match was fun to watch although I found it kinda chippy. At one time a hockey game almost broke out on the field, I think Brennan stepped on some guy after fouling him and everyone started looking for dance partners. :rolleyes:
The whole section thought Vitti scored the first goal, the replay showed that he shot it wide but from our angle we all thought it went in.

Disappointed with the tie and the ref and no beer as the ticket was my 50th birthday present and I would have loved to have hoisted just one beer to celebrate. I made do with a burger, 2 souvlaki sticks and a diet coke. :drinking:

Also glad that it didn't rain, for most of the game it looked like it was going to but I used my birthday wish to stay dry(you are all welcome!). :seeya:

:scarf:

FluSH
07-19-2009, 07:40 AM
I was at the match yesterday.
Had a blast, probably the most fun I had at a TFC match.
I read the bulletin and came a little early, bought a ticket for the 29th(PRI) then entered the stadium. It took a little while to get the ticket because their debit machine was down so I convinced them to take cash. :o
The line going into the stadium at that time was short, I asked the guy at the second pat down if he wanted me to spread my legs and bend over he said no, I acted disappointed and told him that if I was a girl you probably would have said yes! :D
Sat in 222 section for the first time, quite a cross section, from families to hard core supporters. We joined in quite a few times with the chants from the supporters sections and had the "stomp" going quite a few times. One time we had it going so good the girl behind me got worried because everything was shaking.
The match was fun to watch although I found it kinda chippy. At one time a hockey game almost broke out on the field, I think Brennan stepped on some guy after fouling him and everyone started looking for dance partners. :rolleyes:
The whole section thought Vitti scored the first goal, the replay showed that he shot it wide but from our angle we all thought it went in.

Disappointed with the tie and the ref and no beer as the ticket was my 50th birthday present and I would have loved to have hoisted just one beer to celebrate. I made do with a burger, 2 souvlaki sticks and a diet coke. :drinking:

Also glad that it didn't rain, for most of the game it looked like it was going to but I used to birthday wish to stay dry(you are all welcome!). :seeya:

:scarf:

I am glad you had a great time yesterday... we need more people with your attitude posting here... I found it hard to say that it was a good atmosphere... but hey... it's all how you look at it.

v00d00daddy
07-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I thought TFC played well in the first half. The game got ugly in the second half and I was getting pretty bored with watching the ball launched 40 yards in to the air.

As far as individual performances go:

Frei- was excellent. Challenged for a lot balls in the box. His distributuion was a little shaky at time.

Vitti- looked good and useful until Dichio came on.

Guevara- not great. Set pieces were lacking

Wynne- for all his speed, he makes SO MANY mistakes. It's official......Nana is better.

Brennan- what's the saying? When you have nothing good to say.....

We should have gotten 3 points but at least we didn't completely implode.

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 11:09 AM
some random and disjointed thoughts, I'm too hungover for anything more than that.

Bit of a disappointment to lose the 2 points really. We didn't play great in the 2nd hlaf, and especially after they scored we never looked likely to score the winner. Dichio coming on (or us going a goal up and having something to defend)really semed to change our approach. In the first half I thought Vitti was great, some good flashes of skill but he didn't try to do too much.

Attakora had a great game but aside from him the defence looked all over the place. Especially Wynne.

Hopefully serioux isn't going to be out for long, and hopefully he doesn't keep getting stuck at left back.

Guevara had a really poor game I thought. His corners are terrible, unless our plan actually is to try and score from the far edge of the six yard box, cos that's where they almost always end up.
Ref was awful, i haven't seen a replay/game in 6 minutes yet, but live, it certainly looked like we should have had 2 penalties. Good call on the vitti yellow card though. I couldn't tell if there was actual contact, but throwing himself to the ground is exactly what Vitti was trying to do, annoys the crap out of me, even when our own team does it.

The atmosphere was definitely quieter than usual, especially after their goal to the end of the game, but it wasn't as bad as some people are saying. The "get a haircut" chant, much like the pablo vitti chant after he scored against new york, showed that a spontaneous and simple chant can really spread through the stadium.

Friskings were a bit annoying but didn't bother me too much, I got there early and even at 12:20 there was a longer than usual wait but still got in with plenty of time to buy some curry fires and get to my seat with about 15 minutes to spare. Unless people didn't know about the extra security/waittimes, then everyone who showed up at the usual time and missed a lot of the game have only themselves to blame. On the way to the ground, i passed a lot of people walking in the opposite direction, presumably just got off the go train and going for a pre game drink. I imagine they made up a large chunk of the people who were still outside 20 minutes into the game.

curry fries were very disappointing, I won't do that again.

That penalty against Canada was terrible.

Beer is good.

That is all.

TFC07
07-19-2009, 11:10 AM
When TFC is going to grow some balls and bench Jimmy B, Wynne and Robbo? I am getting sick and tired of watching those 3 bums play. Where is Mo Johnson? When are we going to get a true CB? Garcia is shit! I hope he doesn't come back next season.

This was a big loss for TFC.

Now next 8 out of 12 games are on the road. This going to be one hella race to playoffs for us.

Oblio2
07-19-2009, 11:31 AM
We were shit in the second half.
Lets be honest, we were fairly lucky to get a draw but consider, we got a point after playing like ass in the 2nd half against a good team.

kaos197O
07-19-2009, 11:39 AM
When TFC is going to grow some balls and bench Jimmy B, Wynne and Robbo? I am getting sick and tired of watching those 3 bums play. Where is Mo Johnson? When are we going to get a true CB? Garcia is shit! I hope he doesn't come back next season.

This was a big loss for TFC.

Now next 8 out of 12 games are on the road. This going to be one hella race to playoffs for us.

Very soon I would say! With Gerba coming I expect to see Vitti or Barrett pushed into the midfield taking away Jimmy's current position up there. When Cronin returns we could see Robbo on the bench too.

I believe that we will see Gerba and Barrett up front, Vitti/ Guevara and Dero as attacking mids, Cronin as our defensive mid. The back line will likely be Serioux/Attakora and Garcia leaving only one position to be fought over by Wynne/Brennan/Gomes and Sanyang.

As for O'Brian White, I don't believe you will see him start this year unless it is in a friendly. He will likely become a sub very soon and TFC will continue to work hard with him to get him into a starting position for next season.

Ref was crap. We played crap. Atmosphere was crap. And why on earth did the fans have to pay for some morons who served minors earlier in the season? It was an all around CRAP day!

Onwards then...

AL-MO
07-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't see Robbo get benched for Cronin anytime soon.

v00d00daddy
07-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't see Robbo get benched for Cronin anytime soon.

Agreed. Although I would be very surprised to see them both next year at the DM position.

Fushida
07-19-2009, 11:56 AM
We were shit in the second half.
Lets be honest, we were fairly lucky to get a draw but consider, we got a point after playing like ass in the 2nd half against a good team.

that was one of the worst halves this season. there was a reason you could hear a pin drop in the stadium at times... both teams played like garbage. by the 80th minute i was just praying we don't get hit for a 2nd as well.

kei kamara enters my list as one of the biggest cunts in the MLS. that kid has no talent and just some speed, has an atrocious haircut, dives and whines after every non call. the shit he tried to start with robbo was a joke. can't believe he didn't get sent off this game... the douche was all arms with garcia (i believe they've had some friction in SJ), was all over nana, but of course in true canadian tradition we get fucked over by refs over and over again (double dosage of shit yesterday, woohoo)

tbh wynne didn't play THAT badly yesterday. i think he's just been overshadowed by how much better everyone around him has become since first year. garcia is just very very slow, but actually a decent defender most times. jimmy... same as wynne. nana should go well with garcia/serioux as he's a lot faster than both (especially needed yesterday against two of the faster strikers in the league). the kid needs more experience though, because he's quite lacking in the decision making aspect.

overall just a shit day for footy yesterday.

AL-MO
07-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Agreed. Although I would be very surprised to see them both next year at the DM position.

Yeah, next year is totally different. Robbo IS the leader of this team!

Oblio2
07-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, next year is totally different. Robbo IS the leader of this team!

I still dont get those that critisize Robbo. Without him in midfield, we'd be fucked. He gives Guevera and the others the space to play, by doing the dirty work. He tackles, defends, breaks up plays and links up. He is a great holding Mid.
He doesnt complete "Hollywood" balls all the time so people think he's shit. He IS our midfield.....and without him, I would worry where we would be. He is one of our best signings...ever

Pigfynn
07-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Love Robbo, love the guy honest I will never forget what he has meant and continues to mean to this club....but I would swap him out for JDG in a heartbeat and feel bad for about 3 nano seconds.

jloome
07-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I still dont get those that critisize Robbo. Without him in midfield, we'd be fucked. He gives Guevera and the others the space to play, by doing the dirty work. He tackles, defends, breaks up plays and links up. He is a great holding Mid.
He doesnt complete "Hollywood" balls all the time so people think he's shit. He IS our midfield.....and without him, I would worry where we would be. He is one of our best signings...ever

He's very strong when he's very strong and shaky when he's not very strong. So people tend to see a bad pass here or a missed tackle there and, because he's so central to the midfield defensive play, remember those negatives that stand out.

But he's the best player we have at breaking up opposition flow and has saved us a defensive nightmare many a time. I guess, like a lot of euro players in MLS, he occasionally lets his head out of the game. But that's common to this league. As it is, he defends well and distributes some very good balls -- sometimes.

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 12:44 PM

Robbo carries out his defensive duties like a king, but his distribution is consistently poor.

That's not to say that every pass he makes is an errant one, but he fires off enough howlers that it causes me to notice pretty much every single game.

Still though, I agree with pretty much everything else you said. Robbo is a rock, and I hope if JDG comes here, we don't have to get rid of him for cap reasons.

- Scott

jloome
07-19-2009, 12:56 PM
----------Frei-------------
-wynne--nana/garcia/serioux/brennan
-----------Robbo-------------
------JDG------Guevara-------
---Dero--------------Vitti-------
-----------Gerba----------------

Sumpin' like that?

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
----------Frei-------------
-wynne--nana/garcia/serioux/brennan
-----------Robbo-------------
------JDG------Guevara-------
---Dero--------------Vitti-------
-----------Gerba----------------

Sumpin' like that?

God, that is an amazing lineup. And our midfield/forward bench depth would be second to none - particularly for this league.

- Scott

v00d00daddy
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't wanna get into a pissing match about Robbo so all I will say is this:

he is as much a contributor when the team plays poorly as he is when they play well. We would not be lost without him. It would just be different.

The acquisitions of more technical players this year has magnified the technical deficiencies of a few of our guys.....Robbo, Brennan, and Wynne.

It's not a coincidence that they don't look as strong this year.

Robbo is the leader this year but I would imagine that the role is quietly being shifted over to DeRo and would not be surprised if he's got the arm band next year.

Yohan
07-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Marvell Wynne give and go with Vitti. Best offensive game in a long time. He figured out how to cross and pass throughballs. WTF? Defensively wasn't too bad either

Vitti and Barrett showing more chemistry

How bad is Serioux injury?

Dichio dummy to DeRo goal. amazing. Wynne assist

who the hell were those cheerleaders in black?

Dichio's finishing... please come back

Chad Barrett needs better emotional control. Body language apparent whenever he misses a chance

Vitti could have gotten a second yellow for that blatant tug of shorts in 2nd half. He is also mentally weak. Faded out in 2nd half after a strong first.

Ibby needs to hit the juice or something to bulk up. Gets bitched around too easily, esp in physical MLS

Garcia needs to step up more. He could have been ejected for couple of rash challenges

Guevara esp needs to step up. His free kicks and corners aren't good enough. If he actually got that last free kick on target, he'd be the hero.

Robbo's passing was again shit, and he should have been booked for that late challenge on Kamara at the end of 1st half.

Attakora has been our best defender lately. Man of the Match for me IMO. Just solid at the back.

Ref was shit again, but enough calls went against both teams

Fushida
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I think our entire offense "faded away" in the 2nd half except Dichio. Because every single ball was hit at his head. I think I can count the number of passes to Vitti/Barrett on my hands. That was the fault in this game. The long ball as soon as Dichio came on. I think Vitti and Barrett both fought for balls but couldn't come away with anything after they passed it off, because possession was immediately lost when Guevara/Robbo/Defense just long balled it.

Its a bit harsh to say those two were at fault for the 2nd half to be honest..

Yohan
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
final thought

I thought the lads gave too much respect to Houston, esp in early mins.

One positive is that the chances were there, but the finishing wasn't. So typical of TFC

Yohan
07-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I swear this my final thought

How come everyone swarms the box, and not one guy hanging just outside the box?

Ball pops out just outside the box from a dead ball chance or whatever, and nobody hangs around outside the box for a long range shot or to put the ball back in the box.

bhoybobby
07-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Wynne, is grossly over rated, he cannot defend & gives a way needless fouls in dangerous areas.

As long as he plays right back, we are carrying a milstone round our neck, Trade him, or bench him, I don't care, just play the best 11.

Beach_Red
07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
For now in this American league the American players will be over-valued (how many Americans do each team have to have on the roster?) but as better American players become available that will change.

Right now there isn't a team in the league with a solid starting 11, is there?

Yohan
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
For now in this American league the American players will be over-valued (how many Americans do each team have to have on the roster?) but as better American players become available that will change.

Right now there isn't a team in the league with a solid starting 11, is there?
Houston. lol

Chi looks good on paper, but in execution, debatable.

Pretty much every team in the league has a decent starting 11, (maybe except SJ and NY) but you add in injuries and call ups, it doesn't quite work out.

Beach_Red
07-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Houston. lol

Chi looks good on paper, but in execution, debatable.

Pretty much every team in the league has a decent starting 11, (maybe except SJ and NY) but you add in injuries and call ups, it doesn't quite work out.

What I meant was most other teams in the league have a player of Wynne's level in the starting line up, don't they?

Yohan
07-19-2009, 03:57 PM
What I meant was most other teams in the league have a player of Wynne's level in the starting line up, don't they?
i'm not sure if i understand your question

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Marvell Wynne give and go with Vitti. Best offensive game in a long time. He figured out how to cross and pass throughballs. WTF? Defensively wasn't too bad either....

...Garcia needs to step up more. He could have been ejected for couple of rash challenges...

The challenge garcia did get booked for was completely Wynne's fault. They had the ball on the left, one of their guys makes a run up the wing and wynne just let him go and didn't react until the ball got knocked up the wing to the guy who was now wide open. So Garcia then had to race over and flatten him and pick up the booking.

Wynne did some good stuff but defensively, he went missing from his position a lot, and I think that's a large part of why Garcia looked quite bad. When we've got 4 defenders who are good positionally and stay somewhat in control, then he's not a bad defender at all, but when he's having to scramble to cover up other positions, he just doesn't have the pace to do it well.

And yeah, I'd forgotten about those cheerleaders in black and yellow that suddenly appeared and then disappeared. what the efff was that about?

Beach_Red
07-19-2009, 04:09 PM
i'm not sure if i understand your question

I just find that the whole league is pretty inconsistent and Wynne isn't that big a problem. He doesn't seem any worse than many other players in the league.

Yohan
07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I just find that the whole league is pretty inconsistent and Wynne isn't that big a problem. He doesn't seem any worse than many other players in the league.
if you look at defender wise, most of them actually understand that they are defender first, attacker second. lol

Wynne is probably one of the best attacking fullbacks in the league. it's just that he can't defend for shit

DichioTFC
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
i really didn't want to believe all the hype of Wynne's poor play, but I kept an eye on him this game (I was at the game) and his physical skills are supreme, its his mentality and technique that are atrocious. he'll leave his teammates out on an island by not marking properly, he's lax on defence, and he's almost always out of position. his workrate is selective at best. i REALLY hate to say it, but in a lot of ways he reminds me of vince carter while he was on the raptors.

a couple thoughts, some that people haven't mentioned yet...

1. we missed cronin. plain and simple. whether for depth or for execution, he was sorely missed

2. call me biased, but the ref CONTINUALLY screwed us the entire game. i was in disbelief over how many calls went against us and how many non-calls we got. is it possible that the MLS didn't want a non-american team winning on a telecast that was broadcast across the US on espn?

3. my buddies got to the game 10-15 minutes before kickoff (i know because i gave them their tickets through the open gate on the south end). they werent seated until 25 minutes into the game. i understand the pat downs (first was for alcohol, necessitated by ontario law specifically for "dry matches", second was for flares and other MLS related stuff) but the "thoroughness" of the pat downs really did make our field look empty. i wasnt aware of a third patdown, cant really comment on that.

4. the stadium was quieter today, beer was an obvious factor, but anyone saying its the only factor is copping-out. the play was chippy and it was difficult for fans to get going when possession was with the away team for long periods of time. the calls against the reds really sapped the fans and i have a feeling it was a greater cause than the lack of beer

5. there is no way we "lost two points". we were lucky to get one. the quality of play was questionable with notable exceptions (nana, dero, barrett and serioux played well enough, vitti, dichio, and robbo to lesser extents).

6. i saw the point of putting velez up top (increased pace and pressure, can tackle the opposing defenders - who are worse ball handlers than the men up front), but i didnt agree with it. especially with the long-ball to the targetman (dichio) strategy, we need the playmakers to execute better (i.e. guevara).

7. OBW playing on wednesday is HUGEEEEE!!! he was expected to be out until late-september. he's coming on in july. do not devalue this news, if can play a AMF or wing position well, we will have MUCH better depth than we did for the houston game

DichioTFC
07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
if you look at defender wise, most of them actually understand that they are defender first, attacker second. lol

Wynne is probably one of the best attacking fullbacks in the league. it's just that he can't defend for shit

What do you think about moving him to RM and putting Nana as RB (Serioux and Garcia in the middle, Velez as the main sub)?

Yohan
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
What do you think about moving him to RM and putting Nana as RB (Serioux and Garcia in the middle, Velez as the main sub)?
this has been discussed many times in multiple wynne threads

basically, he's had games at RW before, but he does not seem to be able to make the mental adaptation to play RW. he keeps thinking he's RB

as well, he is most effective as attacking fullback, because the opposition aren't set to defend against Wynne making a run from deep. the opposition had more success limiting Wynne playing at RW. as well, Wynne doesn't have good enough passing and crossing skills to be effective as a RW

Yohan
07-19-2009, 04:47 PM
2. call me biased, but the ref CONTINUALLY screwed us the entire game. i was in disbelief over how many calls went against us and how many non-calls we got. is it possible that the MLS didn't want a non-american team winning on a telecast that was broadcast across the US on espn?
it's funny, because Houston supporters are saying the ref screwed them bad

I think the ref sucked for both teams. Vitti could have been ejected. Robbo didn't get carded for a terrible late tackle

Blizzard
07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
The challenge garcia did get booked for was completely Wynne's fault. They had the ball on the left, one of their guys makes a run up the wing and wynne just let him go and didn't react until the ball got knocked up the wing to the guy who was now wide open. So Garcia then had to race over and flatten him and pick up the booking.

Wynne did some good stuff but defensively, he went missing from his position a lot, and I think that's a large part of why Garcia looked quite bad. When we've got 4 defenders who are good positionally and stay somewhat in control, then he's not a bad defender at all, but when he's having to scramble to cover up other positions, he just doesn't have the pace to do it well.

And yeah, I'd forgotten about those cheerleaders in black and yellow that suddenly appeared and then disappeared. what the efff was that about?

I saw them outside the stadium or perhaps it was inside the south gate. IIRC, they were some sort of sponsorship thing. I believe they had a company name on their uniforms.

Yohan
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I saw them outside the stadium or perhaps it was inside the south gate. IIRC, they were some sort of sponsorship thing. I believe they had a company name on their uniforms.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

no cheerleaders anywhere near BMO please!

Blizzard
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM

Well, that's the point. They weren't cheerleaders, they were a sponsors marketing tool.

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM

I'd prefer that line up in defence, but no way Wynne's a better rm than De Ro or Vitti or whoever would generally end up there. we've tried it already this year, he's a good attacking full back when there's a rw there for the defence to worry about, and he can be the extra man and make overlapping runs and such like, but when he's the main attacking threat and the defence can concentrate on him, he'd be a lot less dangerous.

If Serioux's out for a while, then nana can stay at cb and wynne at rb, but when we have all our defenders fit, there's no way we can sit Nana, so I'd go with the d you have there with brennan as the lb, and for me, that leaves Wynne on the bench.

DichioTFC
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, that's the point. They weren't cheerleaders, they were a sponsors marketing tool.

Definitely walking billboards... I couldnt say what they were marketing, however, because they were dressed like super sexy cheerleaders...
<3<3<3

Roogsy
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I swear this my final thought

How come everyone swarms the box, and not one guy hanging just outside the box?

Ball pops out just outside the box from a dead ball chance or whatever, and nobody hangs around outside the box for a long range shot or to put the ball back in the box.

FOR REAL!

Someone get Cummins on the horn...I am constantly screaming at someone to be on the point. We have either everyone in the box or at the halfline. It makes me scratch my head.

Roogsy
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Hahaha...I'd rather no Yohan anywhere near BMO before I ask that cheerleaders be kept away. I hope you understand. :hump:

joel
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Ya it was for Watchmen coming out on DVD

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 05:01 PM

Outside the stadium, or wandering the concourses, it's kinda lame, but ok that wouldn't bother me too much. But there was one time (maybe others but this is when i noticed) that when Houston had a corner by section 104, they were right there just behind the advertising boards, in between the pitch and the fans.

Why on earth are we allowing sponsors marketing tools that close to the actual game? awful.

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Ya it was for Watchmen coming out on DVD

alright then, that's persuaded me not to rent or buy that.

Yohan
07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
oh my god lol

they were dishing out what looked like watchmen matchbooks before game, but it turns out to be condoms

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 05:20 PM

That'd be a shame. Watchmen is fantastic, in my opinion. You'd be well advised to watch the live-motion comic video, or read the actual book first though.

- Scott

Darlofletch
07-19-2009, 05:28 PM
I read and enjoyed the book a few years ago, but I'm not a massive fan of blockbuster superhero type movies, so i didn't see it at the cinema.

But I did enjoy the book so I was debating getting it when it gets to rogers on demand, this is definitely a big checkmark for the no column.

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I read and enjoyed the book a few years ago, but I'm not a massive fan of blockbuster superhero type movies, so i didn't see it at the cinema.

But I did enjoy the book so I was debating getting it when it gets to rogers on demand, this is definitely a big checkmark for the no column.

It's literally almost a scene for scene re-enactment of the book, so you'd probably like it. In fact, the movie got a lot of criticism for being too faithful of a re-enactment of the book, at the expense of pandering to the mindless "omg explosions" jagoffs.

Still some action movie moments, but I consider it on par with Lord of the Rings, as far as decent visualizations of the their source material.

Not to get off topic... :D

- Scott

DichioTFC
07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
:topic:

as a result of the draw, TFC is now 4th in the east, 8th overall and out of a playoff spot
http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/index.jsp

Yohan
07-19-2009, 06:37 PM
uh no. 8th placed team gets the last play off spot...

Belfast_Boy
07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
The game was a draw but felt like a loss. It was ours to win, De Ro was fucking awesome. but there's something that I haven't read in any of these comments.
I'd like to know what game was that ref was watching? did he leave his white stick and seeing eye dog at home? I have a 9 year old and the officials that he has are much better.
Maybe it's because I'm used to watching EPL or Champions league that I'm used to a certain level of officiating but that was pathetic. I know it's a hard job and they can't see everything, but Jesus Christ that was shite! that game was the worst specticals of amateur refereeing that I've ever seen.

DichioTFC
07-19-2009, 08:47 PM
uh no. 8th placed team gets the last play off spot...

really? i was thinking this whole time it was top 6.. my bad... still, last playoff spot is worrisome.

Shakes McQueen
07-19-2009, 09:12 PM
really? i was thinking this whole time it was top 6.. my bad... still, last playoff spot is worrisome.

If we had 2-3 games left, sure. I'm not too worried about it right now. We played dismal for like three months last season, and were still in the playoff race until what? The penultimate week of the season?

- Scott

Yohan
07-19-2009, 09:15 PM
at least the team is not in a mid season funk like last 2 seasons

Yohan
07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
OMG. I don't know what to make of this

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090720&content_id=5958036&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

cummins
O'Brian is a confident young lad and we wouldn't throw him in if he wasn't ready. I was tempted to bring him on against Houston last weekend but I thought it wasn't the right game for him.
Is this why you threw Marco Velez in as a striker, coach? :facepalm:

rocker
07-20-2009, 03:02 PM
OMG. I don't know what to make of this

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090720&content_id=5958036&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Is this why you threw Marco Velez in as a striker, coach? :facepalm:

well, Velez has more career goals in MLS than White ;)

I don't know if it's a great idea to throw a kid in as a saviour in his first MLS game. ease him in.

windsorlad111
07-20-2009, 09:11 PM
can someone please tell Guevara to fuck off when they have a free kick close to goal. he was taking corners at those free kicks. stop floating in the ball and get someone up who can drill it up and over the wall.

Yohan
07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
can someone please tell Guevara to fuck off when they have a free kick close to goal. he was taking corners at those free kicks. stop floating in the ball and get someone up who can drill it up and over the wall.
general idea is short distance, more accuracy. long distance, power

Guevara has been the primary set piece guy all year. he gets first shot