29 Jul vs Puerto Rico (CCL)
01 Aug at New England
04 Aug at Puerto Rico (CCL)
07 Aug vs Real Madrid (friendly)

Brutal schedule. lots of mileage

better not affect the CCL games or it's going to suck

yanggoh
07-17-2009, 10:32 PM
wow. great for us, terrible for our team.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
time to test the depths of our squad

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2009, 10:41 PM
God friendlies are retarded

Yohan
07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Until Gerba and Cronin comes back, we don't have much

wzhxvy
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I hope we give Edwards, Velez, Ibrahim, White lots of playing time in the River Plate friendly...even the Gambians...put them in...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I hope we give Edwards, Velez, Ibrahim, White lots of playing time in the River Plate friendly...even the Gambians...put them in...

yep thats what i was thinking.
use em alot as subs too

as for Gerba and Cronin, they will be back soon enough.
when does the bloody gold cup end?
i wont lie, i was hoping for canada to be knocked out immediately so that we'd get Gerba immediately (same goes for the US)

Bars92
07-17-2009, 10:53 PM
18 Jul vs Houston
22 Jul vs River Plate (friendly)
25 Jul at Columbus
01 Aug at New England

better not affect the MLS league games or its going to suck

Red CB Toronto
07-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Heck, I would even run out some of the academy kids for the friendlies.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Heck, I would even run out some of the academy kids for the friendlies.

I kind of wondering about that too. I know that academy players have played in the informal friendlies against CSL and CIS teams and Houston played some of their academy players in a friendly earlier in the year.

I’m hoping a couple of them get a run out, would be neat to see them play and playing at BMO in front of a big crowd would be a great reward for their efforts.

Yohan
07-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I kind of wondering about that too. I know that academy players have played in the informal friendlies against CSL and CIS teams and Houston played some of their academy players in a friendly earlier in the year.

I’m hoping a couple of them get a run out, would be neat to see them play and playing at BMO in front of a big crowd would be a great reward for their efforts.
a lot of SSH will get pissed at seeing kids play instead of first team

Roogsy
07-17-2009, 11:22 PM
I ranted about this when the RM game was announced. I am tired of this topic so all I say with full fervour and commitment is:

I told you so

:D

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-17-2009, 11:24 PM

No one will care if a few academy kids play late in the game against River - no went ape when CSL guest players got into the game against Independiente.

prizby
07-17-2009, 11:54 PM
after this stretch, the current schedule only had 1 game a week (expect 6 more though :P)

Carts
07-18-2009, 12:32 AM
18 Jul vs Houston
25 Jul at Columbus
01 Aug at New England

As far as the club goes, this is really (aka SHOULD BE) 5-games in 20-days, but as far as MLSE goes this is 7-games in 20-days as posted - which sucks...

River Plate should play against our Academy plus a few bench guys, as we have a huge game against Columbus, and a bigger game against PR a week later...

RM, well, at least its after the CL qualifier... If it was before, I'd have the entire team already down in PR preparing for the match...

Carts...

manic.street.preacher
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
^ exactly, i only really care about the Puerto Rico matches and the match v KKKrew ... bloody friendlies have thrown a huge wrench in everything ... i really want us to go far in champions league

DichioTFC
07-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I read somewhere that OBW's first game could be against River Plate (I think Winsper said it).

still, possible scrub line-up? (5-3-2, protect the house, long ball counter attack)

-------------edwards-----------------------
nana----velez---sanyang---gomez----garcia
------wynne-----vitti-----gala--------------
---------ibrahim----barrett------------------

we're really screwed for our MF without cronin, but jimmy brennan can move up as well. but at least we have cover to rest our veterans.

Roogsy
07-18-2009, 01:27 AM
It would make sense. A friendly would be a better opportunity to test him than a league game.

twistedchinaman
07-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Tough but not impossible. This is our midboss -- defeat it and we get an even bigger boss. Slay that and we win a big silver chalice.

So whip out the Master Sword and start hacking boys...

Yohan
07-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Tough but not impossible. This is our midboss -- defeat it and we get an even bigger boss. Slay that and we win a big silver chalice.

So whip out the Master Sword and start hacking boys...
nerd

DichioTFC
07-18-2009, 01:45 AM
^ lol

twistedchinaman
07-18-2009, 01:46 AM
nerd

And to that good sir, I say...:picard:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

twistedchinaman
07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
:topic:

For a schedule like this...it takes some skill to navigate. Of course, mid-season friendlies...I have a hard time grasping.

gracos
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Dont play the veterans much in the friendlies, but this will surely help build up Team Chemistry and passing plays. I think this can go either way. It go terrifically and we win and gain something out these games, or somebody could seriously get injured and could set us back

TFC247
07-18-2009, 02:50 AM
I ranted about this when the RM game was announced. I am tired of this topic so all I say with full fervour and commitment is:

I told you so

:D
You're stretching it. RM game is at the very end of the run, it's least of the problem. What difference does it make to previous games whether it's there or not? If anything, you should be more concerned with River Plate friendly as it's before the stretch. I know RM friendly bothers you a lot for some reason, but your constant use of scheduling as an excuse is weak and biased.

ensco
07-18-2009, 07:50 AM
We desperately need the points today. Even without factoring in the schedule, we have never yet played a good game at NE or Columbus

Fort York Redcoat
07-18-2009, 08:25 AM

+1

Hell they can keep those guys in for Columbus and NE. At least keep anybody with knocks out (Brennan, Serioux for two).

Fort York Redcoat
07-18-2009, 08:29 AM
We desperately need the points today. Even without factoring in the schedule, we have never yet played a good game at NE or Columbus

Deperately? Were we not top of the east as of a couple of days ago? I think losing to PR would be a more Desperate situation but I understand. Priorities differ.

olegunnar
07-18-2009, 08:43 AM
6 of the 7 on turf
7 of 8 on turf if you count the Aug 15th DCU game.
Remember how we were semi decent back in our first year...then after the AV friendly we started losing players to injury.

Here's hoping we have enough healthy bodies to suit up a full team by the time we go to LA to play Chivas

Anyways...as Roogsy said...this has been talked to death, and was even one of the main reasons for the protest by some supporters.

wzhxvy
07-18-2009, 09:04 AM
One regular that should play during these friendlies is Wynne...he is well rested and needs the playing time.

kitchener-TFC
07-18-2009, 09:18 AM
18 Jul vs Houston
25 Jul at Columbus
01 Aug at New England

I'd like to see the following players rested for River Plate: Serioux, Guevara, Frei, Dichio, and maybe even DeRo.
The Columbus and New England games are HUGE! Serioux needs to be fresh, as does Guevara.
The Puerto Rico situation still needs to be determined. If we're up by a few goals around the 70th minute, Guevara, DeRo and Serioux can all be pulled off.

I read somewhere that OBW's first game could be against River Plate (I think Winsper said it).

still, possible scrub line-up? (5-3-2, protect the house, long ball counter attack)

-------------edwards-----------------------
nana----velez---sanyang---gomez----garcia
------wynne-----vitti-----gala--------------
---------ibrahim----barrett------------------

I like this. The only problem with playing these guys is that fans usually want to see the entire first-team.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-18-2009, 09:26 AM
the river plate game...I hope we play our academy team!

Bars92
07-18-2009, 09:55 AM
there should be a TFC 'b' squad that is just around to host friendlies against Barcalona, Leeds and Gremio etc.

MUFC_Niagara
07-18-2009, 09:56 AM
:banghead::banghead:
18 Jul vs Houston
25 Jul at Columbus
01 Aug at New England

Paul, as much as I tend to support the front office, if you see this, here is my reaction to the bold...:facepalm:....followed by....:noidea:.....and finally....:banghead:.

Shway
07-18-2009, 10:06 AM

what depth? lol

Shway
07-18-2009, 10:08 AM
the river plate game...I hope we play our academy team!

this would be a good idea

play some of the top prospect of the academy team, not the whole team

that would be great, or showing use of the academy

pubboy
07-18-2009, 11:20 AM

I seriously doubt any SSH will be pissed. Probably the contrary - i will be pissed if we field out 1st team. These friendlies are a waste of fukcing space and time.

CenturySam
07-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Can Gerba play against CARP? and will he be in the roster v.s. Columbus next week?

Cas87
07-19-2009, 07:46 AM
^^
It is past July 15th, so I think he is eligible to play for us.
I think for sure he could be in the CARP game for 30-45 minutes.
Columbus not sure

rocker
07-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I seriously doubt any SSH will be pissed. Probably the contrary - i will be pissed if we field out 1st team. These friendlies are a waste of fukcing space and time.

ya.. i doubt anybody would care. i bet a lot of people will be there to see River anyways. It's a friendly, so nobody should get too uptight about anything. SSH see the full lineup in 15 league games. 1 friendly with the subs ain't gonna piss em off.

anyhow, I wouldn't mind seeing Ibby/Gala/Edwards/Gomez etc.. these guys are our team players too.

They should use these games like reserve games.. give the backend of the roster a complete game out there.

ensco
07-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Deperately? Were we not top of the east as of a couple of days ago? I think losing to PR would be a more Desperate situation but I understand. Priorities differ.

I disagree. Our situation in the MLS playoff hunt is desperate. We're 8th now, but with more road games left than anyone else in the league, we're not in good shape.

mmmikey
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Bet on a strong lineup for the first half of RP game.

Come on guys.. Don't you want to win the prestigious Carlsberg Cup?!??

mmmikey
07-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I disagree. Our situation in the MLS playoff hunt is desperate. We're 8th now, but with more road games left than anyone else in the league, we're not in good shape.

Yep.. Lots on the road and teams behind us with games in hand.. It will be a brutal second half. Also been lucky from an injury standpoint so far. Worried the law of averages is hiding somewhere close by.

TFC RuKKuS RPB
07-19-2009, 10:52 AM
i wont lie, i was hoping for Canada to be knocked out immediately so that we'd get Gerba immediately (same goes for the US)

Why would you cheer against your country? That's Brutal!!!:canada:

AdamZ
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM

in the WC qualifiers maybe but this is the fucking Gold Cup. Nobody gives a shit.

I was sad about Canada losing but then I remembered that now we'll have a decision from JDG soon, Gerba is going to play in Craplumbus, and the Gold Cup is shite.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-19-2009, 12:03 PM
on top of the fact that the CSA does not deserve my support (or anyone elses for that matter). thats one of many arguments, ill just leave it at that tho

Yohan
07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
18 Jul vs Houston: 1-1 draw
22 Jul vs River Plate (friendly): 0-0 lose on PKs
25 Jul at Columbus: 3-2 loss
01 Aug at New England

not a good start, with 3 more critical games coming up. i have a feeling that next 3 games will be make or break games for TFC

gracos
07-26-2009, 02:46 AM
18 Jul vs Houston: 1-1 draw
22 Jul vs River Plate (friendly): 0-0 lose on PKs
25 Jul at Columbus: 3-2 loss
01 Aug at New England

not a good start, with 3 more critical games coming up. i have a feeling that next 3 games will be make or break games for TFC

A single point out the last few games, and various injuries, even if they are minor ie. Serioux, or Attakora. Hopefully we pick up our socks or they will have to reassess everything and it wont be a pretty sight