PDA

View Full Version : McBride done for season?

Brooker
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
07/17/2009 4:51 PM

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Chicago Fire forward Brian McBride will miss approximately a month after having right shoulder surgery Friday. McBride, who scored for the Fire Wednesday in their 2-1 win against New England in the SuperLiga 2009 semifinal, has played in all 16 Fire MLS games this season. He leads the team with six goals and also has one assist this season.

"It is something he has had since the beginning of the year," Fire coach Denis Hamlett said Friday following a short workout at Toyota Park. "He has been a warrior and has been fighting through it."
Hamlett said the surgery was similar to having a knee scoped.
Forward Patrick Nyarko is expected to take McBride's place in the starting lineup Saturday in the Fire's home game against San Jose.
McBride joined the Fire last summer after a long career in the English Premier League. He previously played for the Columbus Crew in MLS.

Kent McDill is a contributor to MLSnet.com.

different columns and forums are saying it's 3-4 months out.

Yohan
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
repost :p

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/07/mcbride_prognosis_worsens.html?wprss=soccerinsider

Brooker
07-17-2009, 07:33 PM
no offense to McBride and his family but......

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Yohan
07-17-2009, 07:43 PM
pray to football gods that Dennis Hamlett continues to be a numpty potatohead and keeps Rolfe from playing striker

jloome
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
...according to Steve Goff at the Washington Post

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Southsider
07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
THat's too bad . . :hump: for them! :scarf:

Roogsy
07-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Nawice!

er...I mean...I hope he winds up ok but...

WOO HOO!

Looking forward to the game in September!

Brooker
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
fire fans

http://pastorron7.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hurt.jpg

djking2
07-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Barrett is really starting to look better now!

gracos
07-18-2009, 01:25 AM
At least Barrett isnt hurt, lol. I cant wait to see what the club does during the Transfer Season. Hopefully they work on defense again, just a little to make all the defensemen play to the best of their ability

twistedchinaman
07-18-2009, 01:30 AM
This could have two effects:

1) This could utterly devastate Chicago's season, or
2) Revive them.

I know I'm going to look at this rationally...but still, they have weapons. Conde in the mid/back, Rolfe and Tubolard (aka Cunty Blanco) in front...McBride is one part, he's deffo not the be all and end all. And with only Superliga final (one game) to concentrate on, they have no extra distractions (damn you Wilmington Hammerheads!)

Four other teams in the East (Shitlumbus, DC, NY, and us) could be looking at up to eight extra games this year from the Champions League (DC/NY/TFC min 2 max 8, Clb 6 games), all during the run home. That could work to Chi-town's advantage (that + NE + KC, of course...) so again...look at this from both sides of the coin.

But don't get me wrong...this is a body blow. But how hard? Let's see.

DichioTFC
07-18-2009, 01:44 AM
we got a first round pick, money AND barrett for this washed-up has been? sure he scored 6 goals, but how many of his goals this year secured a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? barrett is catching fire at the right time and the haters have gradually disappeared (i was a hater initially but i've been looking at his benefits for a couple weeks now)

rocker
07-18-2009, 08:49 AM
This could have two effects:

1) This could utterly devastate Chicago's season, or
2) Revive them.

I know I'm going to look at this rationally...but still, they have weapons. Conde in the mid/back, Rolfe and Tubolard (aka Cunty Blanco) in front...McBride is one part, he's deffo not the be all and end all. And with only Superliga final (one game) to concentrate on, they have no extra distractions (damn you Wilmington Hammerheads!)

Four other teams in the East (Shitlumbus, DC, NY, and us) could be looking at up to eight extra games this year from the Champions League (DC/NY/TFC min 2 max 8, Clb 6 games), all during the run home. That could work to Chi-town's advantage (that + NE + KC, of course...) so again...look at this from both sides of the coin.

But don't get me wrong...this is a body blow. But how hard? Let's see.

i don't see any way this "revives" Chicago.
McBride is their leading goalscorer.
Someone else is gonna have to step up to simply replace what McBride was giving.
Then if they want to get better, they need someone else to go out and score 6-7 goals in the second half.. someone who hasn't been contributing.
I don't see it happening.

I think if everything goes right, Chicago will stay at about the level they are at... but more likely, they get significantly worse.

ensco
07-18-2009, 01:10 PM
we got a first round pick, money AND barrett for this washed-up has been? sure he scored 6 goals, but how many of his goals this year secured a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? barrett is catching fire at the right time and the haters have gradually disappeared (i was a hater initially but i've been looking at his benefits for a couple weeks now)

ummm, even with the injury, Barrett couldn't carry McBride's jockstrap.