PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC All-Stars

Flashman
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I think the players on TFC are getting ripped off, not only of the acclaim that comes with being named to the all-star roster, but also in the associated monetary renumeration.

I realize they can't play in the all-star game, and they shouldn't want to, given the choice, but I think we should have had more all-stars named than just De Ro, not as starters or First XI, but certainly on the bench...Amado Guevara being the one that stands out (maybe Cronin, Serioux, Nana?)

MLS has an agreement with the Player's Union, that something like 22 players must be named even if they are not playing East-West, but instead playing a visiting team (as has always been the case for a number of years now). With the selection as an all-star, the players get a monetary reward.

The fact that Amado was not named (because he can't play anyway) is a crime, arguably having a better season than De Ro.:scarf:

Yohan
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
not all of all stars are named yet

Guevara haven't been consistent enough to stand out. Cronin, Serioux and Nana aren't even close to being all star worthy

Stouffville_RPB
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Have the final rosters been named? It was just the starting XI as far as I know.

Jay P
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
starting 11, and commssioners picks have been done, head coach's pics are next week i think.

jloome
07-17-2009, 10:24 AM
not all of all stars are named yet

Guevara haven't been consistent enough to stand out. Cronin, Serioux and Nana aren't even close to being all star worthy

Disagree on Nana, I think he's pretty close. Cronin's maybe a year away, too. Very consistent, doesn't fuck up, delivers a great ball.

They're both role players. The standard isn't as high as for gamebreakers.

Yohan
07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Disagree on Nana, I think he's pretty close.
Bakary Soumare, Ginoo Padula, Dejan Jakovic, Bobby Boswell, Andrew Hainault, Todd Dunivant, Omar Gonzalez, Jay Heaps, Darius Barnes, Jamison Olave, Chris Wingert, Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, Tyrone Marshall.

all of the above are either equal to, or having a better season than Nana.

Nana's lack of play time earlier in the season may go against him as well

Darlofletch
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Nana's been good since he came in, but he's only played half the season.

Serioux's first month or so was definitely all star worthy. Since then, he's looked injured and hasn't played to the same standards for a while now. Being played at left back doesn't help him either.

Yohan
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Serioux's first month or so was definitely all star worthy. Since then, he's looked injured and hasn't played to the same standards for a while now. Being played at left back doesn't help him either.
he only played one and half game at LB

mmmikey
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
he only played one and half game at LB

one and a half too many imo!!

Blizzard
07-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I think the players on TFC are getting ripped off, not only of the acclaim that comes with being named to the all-star roster, but also in the associated monetary renumeration.

I realize they can't play in the all-star game, and they shouldn't want to, given the choice, but I think we should have had more all-stars named than just De Ro, not as starters or First XI, but certainly on the bench...Amado Guevara being the one that stands out (maybe Cronin, Serioux, Nana?)

MLS has an agreement with the Player's Union, that something like 22 players must be named even if they are not playing East-West, but instead playing a visiting team (as has always been the case for a number of years now). With the selection as an all-star, the players get a monetary reward.

The fact that Amado was not named (because he can't play anyway) is a crime, arguably having a better season than De Ro.:scarf:

Wow! As good as Cronin, Serioux and Nana have been for us, with the possible excpetion of Serioux, they are not all-stars right now.

I think we'd be deluding ourselves to think otherwise.

daner90
07-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I would like to see Frei get a look, he has started all but what one game for us and we are top of the east. He has stole a few games for us as well.

Yohan
07-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I would like to see Frei get a look, he has started all but what one game for us and we are top of the east. He has stole a few games for us as well.
not better than Keller, Ricketts, Onstad, Thornton (though Thornton has been sucking a bit lately)

also too many goals allowed to get a serious look

Flashman
07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I guess from the amount of stick I am getting for suggesting that we should have more than one MLS allstar from Toronto, you all think last years TFC team was twice as good as this one, as we had two allstars last year.