PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ex TFC guys playing in Norway

anto7
07-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Found this snippet on the MLS site. Had not heard about these guys in a long time.(Hunter Freeman & Kenny Stamatopoulos).

In Norway, on Sunday, former Toronto FC goalkeeper Kenny Stamatopoulos started for Lynn Oslo in their 1-0 home loss to Bodo/Glimt. Former Real Salt Lake defender Willis Forko played the full 90 for BG. Ex-Fire and Wizards midfielder Khari Stephenson was a second-half substitute as Aalesund tied 1-1 at Lillestrom. Multi-team MLS veteran Hunter Freeman scored on a header for IK Start as the Oslo-based team won 2-1 at Odd Grenland. Former Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake defender Douglas Sequeira played the full 90 as Tromso beat Valerenga 2-0 on Monday night.

Super
07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
BN1SdZRuo7o

anto7
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow, I guess you can really find just about anything on You Tube !

anto7
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
And apparently he did not score on a header !

Huginho
07-15-2009, 09:34 PM
hmmmm. field turf I see......... interesting!:jaw::p

JamboAl
07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Found this snippet on the MLS site. Had not heard about these guys in a long time.(Hunter Freeman & Kenny Stamatopoulos).

In Norway, on Sunday, former Toronto FC goalkeeper Kenny Stamatopoulos started for Lynn Oslo in their 1-0 home loss to Bodo/Glimt. Former Real Salt Lake defender Willis Forko played the full 90 for BG. Ex-Fire and Wizards midfielder Khari Stephenson was a second-half substitute as Aalesund tied 1-1 at Lillestrom. Multi-team MLS veteran Hunter Freeman scored on a header for IK Start as the Oslo-based team won 2-1 at Odd Grenland. Former Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake defender Douglas Sequeira played the full 90 as Tromso beat Valerenga 2-0 on Monday night.

Just to be a bit pedantic but it's actually Lyn Oslo and not Lynn and IK Start plays in a place on the southwest coast called Kristiansand, not Oslo.

Also, I can think of at least 6 teams in the Tippeligaen (1st division) who play on field turf and having seen a few games in Norway live the last few years, their version is way better than the stuff at BMO.

Raging Reggie
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
intresting find i must say

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Forgot Freeman played for us.

SilverSamurai
07-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Didn't Kenny only leave because Mo didn't want to pay for his transfer fee? (well mls didnt) I think I remember the story being that...

Yohan
07-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Didn't Kenny only leave because Mo didn't want to pay for his transfer fee? (well mls didnt) I think I remember the story being that...
i think that's it

in hindsight, i'm glad that kenny transfer didn't go through. he is no better than Edwards IMO

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 06:17 AM
i think that's it

in hindsight, i'm glad that kenny transfer didn't go through. he is no better than Edwards IMO

Another case of having to pay more for Canadians. That's just wrong

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I liked Kenny alot, i think he got the short end of the stick.
Id have him over Edwards (but defo not over Frei)

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Kenny wanted to play here but knew he could get more out of Europe. He succeeds, he'll be welcome home.

rocker
07-16-2009, 09:38 AM
i thought Kenny was better than Sutton. Kenny had his faults too but seemed overall better than Sutton to me.

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
To me, Kenny and Sutton were about even. Both had flaws, but neither was a step above the other.

Still prefer Frei. :)

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Freeman scored a 40 yard free kick the other day......wasnt spectacular or anything...goalie mistake.....but he did it

anto7
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Skip through the thread rather quickly H Bomb ? !:)
You Tube video on the first relpy shows the goal you describe.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2009, 07:22 AM
i thought Kenny was better than Sutton. Kenny had his faults too but seemed overall better than Sutton to me.

Kenny did look better thatn Sutton but K didn't get as many games before the decision was made we couldn't keep him. We really didn't see him long enough to say he could've stolen Suttons job a la Frei but wevver, we both thought K was looking to be better than Sutts and I wish K luck so we can see him again down the road. Maybe when Frei gets poached from Europe.