PDA

View Full Version : Sylvain Wiltord to TFC?

Yohan
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
From NEE board

http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=19188

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvain_Wiltord

Who is mysterious #23

http://i27.tinypic.com/ok39qe.png

Wiltord is available on free agent, and has been linked to MLS, more specifically, NY last year

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/sylvain-wiltord/sylvain-wiltord-20060719-146091.jpg

Nuvinho
07-15-2009, 07:05 PM
hard to tell if its him

Joe Kool
07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey Yohan, what is the RPB scarf sitting on in your avatar? Looks like a pile of dog crap but I know it can't be...you wouldn't do that.

Yohan
07-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey Yohan, what is the RPB scarf sitting on in your avatar? Looks like a pile of dog crap but I know it can't be...you wouldn't do that.
it's one of those davy crokett racoon cap

Joe Kool
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
it's one of those davy crokett racoon cap

Ok good so just me and my problem seeing low res pictures I guess.

Nuvinho
07-15-2009, 07:23 PM
can anyone confirm that it is him in the pic?

Yohan
07-15-2009, 07:29 PM
the screen cap was from Cummins interview from TFC tv yesterday. Just after half way mark.

I can't get a better screen shot from my computer :(

Would be an interesting player to have. 90 something caps for France and can play both striker and right winger. Age is an issue though

Nuvinho
07-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Mo may have to move out a body or two, with all the moves he is pondering it seems (If that is Wiltord for sure).

Yohan
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Mo may have to move out a body or two, with all the moves he is pondering it seems (If that is Wiltord for sure).
TFC is only at 21 out of 24 roster spots right now (incl Gerba and Sanyang)

Nuvinho
07-15-2009, 07:36 PM
^ yeah, in terms of roster spots we are okay......but salary wise.....I gotta think we are starting to push the cap.

Yohan
07-15-2009, 07:39 PM
^ yeah, in terms of roster spots we are okay......but salary wise.....I gotta think we are starting to push the cap.
true

this may be a back up plan just in case JDG doesn't sign

dunno exactly how much cap space and allocation money left though

Bars92
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
thanks for clearing up the avatar pic question. I was wondering that myself!

loconet
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
That's Mo talking to Guevara at the back too. Checking out how the practice is going? Definitely checking what he brought, whoever he is.

It'd be nice if it was Wiltord but do you guys think that with so many media reps there this wouldn't have been leaked already? Can't believe nobody would recognize him?

ArmenJBX
07-15-2009, 07:54 PM
The Senior team trained with them, could be one of them?

Chevy
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
the screen cap was from Cummins interview from TFC tv yesterday. Just after half way mark.

I can't get a better screen shot from my computer :(

Would be an interesting player to have. 90 something caps for France and can play both striker and right winger. Age is an issue though

I think that the club has random stadium employees / vendors / streetpeople put on kits and walk by the cameras from time to time - just to keep us guessing. We think we see Del Piero wearing the #10 at practice when its really Allessandro the sausage guy.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
#23 has been the standard number of training / trailing players. Members of the academy team regularly train with the senior team, might be one of them?

boban
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like Henry to me. :eek:

AL-MO
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM

Off topic, but until I saw the hat in person, I thought it was a pile of shit as well. :lol:

loconet
07-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Off topic, but until I saw the hat in person, I thought it was a pile of shit as well. :lol:

I thought it was his teddy bear. I did not want to ask. This thread has been informative!

Shep
07-15-2009, 08:21 PM
The brow is the part that looks like him, could be..

Yohan
07-15-2009, 08:24 PM
more talk about Wiltord. less talk about my awesome raccoon cap (which will return in the fall) :p

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
if it was Wiltord, which i dont think it is, im sure he wouldnt come here for less than a dp salary

Yohan
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
if it was Wiltord, which i dont think it is, im sure he wouldnt come here for less than a dp salary
he's 35 though and basically on twilight of his career

i'm not sure if he's able to command DP type of salary anymore

Ageroo
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
The brow is the part that looks like him, could be..

you my friend should work for the C.I.A. I can barely see anything...and I have a 21" widescreen LCD monitor! :)

FluSH
07-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Lebron James?

Shep
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
more talk about Wiltord. less talk about my awesome raccoon cap (which will return in the fall) :p

I never looked that close, thought it was a sleeping puppy

:topic:

Shep
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
you my friend should work for the C.I.A. I can barely see anything...and I have a 21" widescreen LCD monitor! :)

I stared at it for a bit, and the shadow under the brow has that downward point to it. Might just be willful thinking though.. I mean I did think Yohan's hat was a dog.

Inklink
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
All I can contribute is that he's wearing slippers. :)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2009, 10:48 PM
he's 35 though and basically on twilight of his career

i'm not sure if he's able to command DP type of salary anymore

Good point, itd be a good pick up then

Super
07-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I wonder what money is left under the cap and what we have left in allocation cash. Would be great if there was a page that kept score of this - because right now I have no clue how many players we can still sign, and what cash we've got left to spend.

Daveisonfire
07-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Is Wiltord known for wearing sandals to training? lol

TOBOR !
07-16-2009, 07:23 AM

I have to say that this does nothing for me. I could see this guy playing a couple of games, maybe scoring a goal in the process, and then going back home.

How did our other French players work out ? Yeah, that's right - you almost forgot, didn't you ?

Yohan
07-16-2009, 07:24 AM

I have to say that this does nothing for me. I could see this guy playing a couple of games, maybe scoring a goal in the process, and then going back home.

How did our other French players work out ? Yeah, that's right - you almost forgot, didn't you ?
you have any evidence that Wiltord has same mentality as Robert? (other than that they are both french)

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 07:31 AM
^and Tebily. Not a great streak so far of players representing France but lucky we don't prejudge players on where they're from. Like you I'm more concerned with age.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 07:32 AM

:picard:

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 07:35 AM
^and Tebily. Not a great streak so far of players representing France but lucky we don't prejudge players on where they're from. Like you I'm more concerned with age.

So what?......Welsh and Ricketts flopped here too so does that mean we cut off players from England?! :facepalm:

as far as age goes....he's 35.....world class players like him can probably play until 37-38....wouldn't mind him here for a couple of years....people were blowing their load at he thought of JDG signing a 2+1 here so for that many years it would be great to have a World Cup and Euro Cup winner on our team.

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 07:49 AM
but lucky we don't prejudge players on where they're from.

Tifo-

I'm agreeing with you.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Tifo-

I'm agreeing with you.

figured as much....reinforcing what you said....facepalm was for a couple of posts above.

.J.B.
07-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Guys?? are you blind???? That's Eric Cantona making a comeback... he looks darker because he's in the shade, but that's him

ganzo_thebest
07-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I thought it was Micheal Jordan....23???....NO???

Auzzy
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I hope mlsintoronto reads this thread. They could do some pretty funny stuff, by sticking random people in a TFC jersey, with some number that's not taken yet, and have them walk through the back of the picture during a TFC interview. Maybe Zidane would have done it while he was here; perhaps with a wig on or something. Maybe find a Waldo-lookalike and parade him through. Maybe one of the RM players would do it as a joke while they're in town? The possibilities are endless! Would definitely breath some life into the boards!

Anyway, I expect Mo to try to sign Ronaldo after he sees he's pretty good in the friendly game, kind of like with Vitti. That can be our DP target for the next couple of years in case JDG doesn't work out. ;) ;)

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Actually Tebily represented the Ivory Coast, even though he was raised in France...

Limani_Ole
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
at 35 years old.. he would fail to make much of an impact in MLS, specifically as a striker since he lacks the pace he used to have..

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 09:49 AM
so being slightly younger than Blanco and Scholetto is a negative now

Pachuco
07-16-2009, 09:49 AM
This speculation is worst then browsing TMZ.com

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM

LOL no kidding.....

Bars92
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
its Barry Ferguson, oh know wait he went to Birmingham..

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
shit yeah he did

Limani_Ole
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM

the two players you mentioned arent strikers.. there is a big difference to what a playmaker brings to a game as compared to a striker..

strikers rely on there speed and strength.. where playmakers have to make the smarted pass.. one gets better with age the other doesn't..

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
depends entirely on the striker. Kevin Phillips hasnt out run anyone in years, and he continuously scores goals. AGE IS IRRELEVANT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limani_Ole
07-16-2009, 10:33 AM
depends entirely on the striker. Kevin Phillips hasnt out run anyone in years, and he continuously scores goals. AGE IS IRRELEVANT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes and every player is different.. so if Phillips can do it doesnt mean Wiltord can.. really your putting those two players at the same level?

Phillips does play more of a CF position anyway..

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
the two players you mentioned arent strikers.. there is a big difference to what a playmaker brings to a game as compared to a striker..

strikers rely on there speed and strength.. where playmakers have to make the smarted pass.. one gets better with age the other doesn't..

and midfielders/trequartisti (like Blanco and Schelotto) must rely big time on stamina which also tends to go as they get up there in age......they don't seem to be suffering from it too much.

I'd like to think that a player who was good enough to be on a team that has won a World Cup and a Euro knows a thing or two about keeping in shape, and just think of how many strikers who have not been blessed with tremendous speed and have done ummm "pretty good" in their career (ie. van Nistlerooy, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Shevchenko....just to name a few)

Yohan
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
1. Wiltord has never been an out and out striker. More like wide forward/ attacking winger type.

2. Wiltord does rely on his pace a lot for his game. At 35, he's bound to have slowed down somewhat

3. I think Wiltord still has a lot of football left in him. His pedigree speaks words to his accomplishments as a footballer. Even if he's half the footballer he used to be, he's got to be better than Barrett. lol

Hitcho
07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
it's neither age nor ability that would bother me about wiltord, i just don't think he could genuinely get pumped up for this league and he'd end up losing interest pretty quickly. that's essentially what happened with robert. not saying wiltord isn;t a good pro, but he's played for the likes of arsenal and france and won the biggest medals out there. easing down into the french league is one thing. playing here on plastic is another.

Anyway, it's not him and he's not coming, so on to the next random player thread... :D:D:D

TorontoBlades
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I think it's Jeff Cunningham personally :)

Yohan
07-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I think it's Jeff Cunningham personally :)
you just ruined my day :(

jloome
07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Wiltord's a locker-room cancer who would only be coming here for a payday.

Not a good idea.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 11:09 AM

Not a good idea.

this much I would agree with....but to say he wouldn't be able to compete in MLS is silly.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
but how do any of you know hes a locker room cancer....i'm interested to know what the arsenal/lyon locker room looks like

TOBOR !
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
First of all his resume isn't all that impressive, but I guess that depends on who he's being compared with. Secondly, I'm saying that I don't think he'd enjoy the cultural differences here as well as being so far from home/family (much like Robert and Tebilly), and thirdly, why are we even talking about this ? Sylvain Wiltord is not likely to be seen trotting up and down the length of BMO Field.

Redpunkfiddle
07-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Not a good idea.

Usually you are more thorough in your points.Did that handy sheet on how to make an argument include something on not bothering to include evidence or a reference for those of us not so connected to the locker rooms of the world?

Yohan
07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
First of all his resume isn't all that impressive, but I guess that depends on who he's being compared with.
played at highest level of club football including Arsenal and Lyon, 92 caps for France incl Euro 2000 and finalist at WC 06 and not an impressive resume?

lulz

Merlin
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
The Senior Academy team has a #23... I'm doubting that this is Wiltord. At the moment, we don't need any strikers. Bring in some depth in the defense, or out wide!

rocker
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
The Senior Academy team has a #23... I'm doubting that this is Wiltord. At the moment, we don't need any strikers. Bring in some depth in the defense, or out wide!

that Senior Academy player (#23, Brennan McNichol) is a white dude. so the black dude in the vid can't be that senior academy player.

Northender
07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
that Senior Academy player (#23) is a white dude. so the black dude in the vid can't be that senior academy player.

Its Nedved

TOBOR !
07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
played at highest level of club football including Arsenal and Lyon, 92 caps for France incl Euro 2000 and finalist at WC 06 and not an impressive resume?

lulz

..just saying that I'm not bowled over by this. Admittedly he has played for some high profile clubs, but how did he perform whilst there ? His statistics don't tell a tale that would befit a DP (say).

One can argue that his career was built on that goal he scored at Euro 2000 and that he performed adequately after that.

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry but 'Impressive' and 'Sylvain Wiltord' should never be uttered in the same sentance unless there is a prefix of 'un' to start it. :lol:

He was never a world beater. He was never above average when playing for L'Arse or Lyon.

How the hell he would demand DP money at this stage of his career, being 35 and all, is beyond me.

brad
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
He's about as worthy of a DP tag right now as Robert was when we had him.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
He's about as worthy of a DP tag right now as Robert was when we had him.

Robert was a DP....thats news to me...:drinking:

brad
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Robert was a DP....thats news to me...:drinking:

He wasn't. What I am saying that Wiltord would be as worthy of DP now as Robert would have been when we have him - which is to say - he's not worth it.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
He wasn't. What I am saying that Wiltord would be as worthy of DP now as Robert would have been when we have him - which is to say - he's not worth it.

i was thinking thats what you ment....:D

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Usually you are more thorough in your points.Did that handy sheet on how to make an argument include something on not bothering to include evidence or a reference for those of us not so connected to the locker rooms of the world?

Wasn't required. If you'd like to contend the point, I'll start supporting it. There's no point taking the time to research and strengthen an argument if no one's actually arguing with you.

And I'm not "connected to the locker rooms of the world," I just follow the English premier league and remember how he came off at Arsenal.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 03:44 PM
K but then two different people have argued it....so lets see the support

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM

Wasn't required. If you'd like to contend the point, I'll start supporting it. There's no point taking the time to research and strengthen an argument if no one's actually arguing with you.

And I'm not "connected to the locker rooms of the world," I just follow the English premier league and remember how he came off at Arsenal.

I agree here with jloome. I'm no L'Arse fan, far from it actually, but even I thought he was problematic with his teammates when he played there.

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
K but then two different people have argued it....so lets see the support

How much is a waste of your time? Many stories on him in Google mentions his attitude, but here's one from just a few months ago:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2008/08/07/809903/rennes-suspend-wiltord

This is the text:
Rennes Suspend Wiltord

Sylvain Wiltord has been suspended by Stade Rennais for critical remarks made about coach Guy Lacombe...

7 Aug 2008 19:50:59

http://i.media.goal.com/g/23058_news.jpg Photo Gallery (http://www.goal.com/en/MediaImagesGallery.aspx?Id=23058)
Zoom (http://www.goal.com/en/news/article-image?id=23058)

Sylvain Wiltord (Rennes)
Related Links

Teams

Stade Rennais FC (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/france/77/stade-rennais-fc)

After Sylvain Wiltord's interview in L'Equipe where he stated his apprehension towards coach Guy Lacombe, Rennes have now made an official announcement on their website, reading: "Stade Rennais FC have decided to suspend Sylain Wiltord until further notice."

In the interview that has caused the furore, Wiltord stressed the difficulties in his relationship with Lacombe, saying, "He speaks too much...he expects so much and then makes me a substitute.''

"Lacombe undermines me, it is not even a question of football, it has become personal."

Previous to this, Guy Lacombe had told AFP that since Wiltord arrived from Lyon two years ago, "he expected more, has had to accept less and it is a problem.''

Allegations against Wiltord in regards to his attitude and training are nothing new, them being a constant during his tenure at Arsenal, concerning punctuality and desire.

This scenarop has resemblance to when Vikash Dhorasoo made a similarly revealing interview in L'Equipe two seasons ago when he was at Paris Saint-Germain and Lacombe was the coach, it ended with Dhorasoo being hounded out of the club. With both Lacombe and Wiltord having previous issues with others concerning attitude and now with each other too, it would seem likely that a move will be on the cards for Wiltord.

Andreas Vassiliades

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 03:51 PM
it justs gets tiring to hear all the BS on this board. People sitting on computers talking about how other people are locker room cancers....like Amado is. I'm glad now that journalism had turned into nothing but editiorializing, facts can be too

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Here's another from his days at Lyon:

http://france.worldcupblog.org/player-news/sylvain-wiltord-is-a-bad-bad-boy.html

In fact, there are allegations about his attitude -- frequently denied by his teammates, it should be noted -- at every club he's played for. That's not definitive, but it fails the "why take the chance" smell test to me.

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
it justs gets tiring to hear all the BS on this board. People sitting on computers talking about how other people are locker room cancers....like Amado is. I'm glad now that journalism had turned into nothing but editiorializing, facts can be too

As someone who makes those arguments for a living, saving it for a context in which it's not massively supported by the man's own public record might make a little more sense, H Bomb.

Guevara did have a bad rep, at two different clubs. That he doesn't misbehave here doesn't mean he hasn't in the past, it just means people can change. Similarly, maybe Wiltord is now the nicest guy in the western hemisphere.

But if you're a GM, and a player's 35 years old with baggage and has been a rollplayer his whole career anyway, would you ignore that rep and sign him.

Not if you're responsible.

Guevara also differs because the guy who signed him, Mo Johnston, is his former boss, giving him inside insight that he wouldn't likely have on Wiltord.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
like amado? or is it all just messagebaord BS like i thought

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
dont talk about insight...you dont have any, that's my point...i dont either...but i never claim to

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
like amado? or is it all just messagebaord BS like i thought

How many sources do you need? Neither of those are "messageboard BS". One is a blogger, who may be full of crap when it comes to his own opinion but is talking about ongoing news coverage alleging Wiltord misbehaviour. The other is an out-and-out news story from a soccer news website.

What standard is acceptable to you H-Bomb? Should I get Wiltord on the phone and ask him?

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 03:58 PM
As someone who makes those arguments for a living, saving it for a context in which it's not massively supported by the man's own public record might make a little more sense, H Bomb.

Guevara did have a bad rep, at two different clubs. That he doesn't misbehave here doesn't mean he hasn't in the past, it just means people can change. Similarly, maybe Wiltord is now the nicest guy in the western hemisphere.

But if you're a GM, and a player's 35 years old with baggage and has been a rollplayer his whole career anyway, would you ignore that rep and sign him.

Not if you're responsible.

Guevara also differs because the guy who signed him, Mo Johnston, is his former boss, giving him inside insight that he wouldn't likely have on Wiltord.

Again agreed. Two very different situations. Amado WAS a cancer. He walked off the pitch, he sat down in the middle of a game. He definitely WAS a problem. Funnily enough, his best days in the MLS happened to be when Mo was at NYRB.

jloome
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
dont talk about insight...you dont have any, that's my point...i dont either...but i never claim to

No, you certainly don't. You don't even have a solid argument. You asked for sources, I gave you source. Now you've lost a debate, quite clearly, and instead of having the humility to say "oh, ok, you weren't just spouting shit," you turtle up like a pussy.

Go troll somewhere else, and get back to me when you know how to construct a position.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
fuckin hell this place is unbelievable....unbelievable. "get back to me when you can construct a position"...it's adorable. You have no clue even what it is im saying. Keep up the good work....

And you were just spouting shit...you were, you may not know it but you were

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey may be spouting shit, but he's backing it up. Something not many people on this board do very often.

There are plenty of documented articles and opinions about Wiltord and his attitude problems. I remember hearing Sky sports talking about it back in his L'Arse days.

themodelcitizen
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I agree here with jloome. I'm no L'Arse fan, far from it actually, but even I thought he was problematic with his teammates when he played there.

TFC has shown a remarkable ability to keep big egos in check (or at least to not have it affect performance on the field TOO badly). Wiltord is frustrating but came up with the goods a surprising amount of times, surely a Utd fan remembers that goal at Old Trafford in 2002

jloome
07-16-2009, 04:06 PM
fuckin hell this place is unbelievable....unbelievable. "get back to me when you can construct a position"...it's adorable. You have no clue even what it is im saying. Keep up the good work....

And you were just spouting shit...you were, you may not know it but you were

Of course I know what you're saying; it's just that most people have the common sense to realize that when someone says "he's a locker room cancer", they're citing available info, not claiming first-person knowledge.

Since you're such a genius and we're all such dolts, perhaps you can explain why science deals almost exclusively in theory and not fact at the same time. Then you'd understand that having a debate about a player depends on the best available info, not actually being in the locker room with him.

If that's your standard of accuracy, you're looking for absolute truth, and none of us will EVER be able to exercise it. So we should never be publicly critical based on facts at hand?

Witless, utterly witless.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 04:08 PM
So what....wait, i'm not arguing with you...you're a dolt

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 04:08 PM
TFC has shown a remarkable ability to keep big egos in check (or at least to not have it affect performance on the field TOO badly). Wiltord is frustrating but came up with the goods a surprising amount of times, surely a Utd fan remembers that goal at Old Trafford in 2002

Yes, TFC has been able to keep most of the 'egos' in check. Though Robert didn't seem to work out so well.

Personally I wouldn't take a chance on a 35 year old striker who has attitude problems, even if my track record is 100% with egotistical players. In my mind, it's not worth the risk, and surely not worth the money he would probably ask for.

jloome
07-16-2009, 04:13 PM
So what....wait, i'm not arguing with you...you're a dolt

Although if you were really concerned with forwarding a viable position, instead of just continuing to look like an unctious asshole, you'd have read the first one of the entries in that earlier post:

ad hominem: Latin for "to the man." An arguer who uses ad hominems attacks the person instead of the argument. Whenever an arguer cannot defend his position with evidence, facts or reason, he or she may resort to attacking an opponent either through: labeling, straw man arguments, name calling, offensive remarks and anger.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
i cut and pasted its

James Oliphant
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
This is a productive conversation...

James Oliphant
07-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, TFC has been able to keep most of the 'egos' in check. Though Robert didn't seem to work out so well.

I still blame Cunningham for Robert's decline in attitude and usefulness.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 04:17 PM
youre a productive conversation

James Oliphant
07-16-2009, 04:17 PM
youre a productive conversation

Wanna make out?

<3<3<3<3

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 04:18 PM
No man, I'm a genius....i only use Demolition man -esque brain devices.

jloome
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I still blame Cunningham for Robert's decline in attitude and usefulness.

True; if he'd finished half the sublime crosses Robert put into the box, we'd have won a lot more games. Robert wasn't an underproducer, he was a role player who seemed frustrated by his teammates and not as quick as he used to be.

TFC USA
07-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Seriously if all of the "European player to TFC?" stuff came true we would be renamed the Toronto Cosmos.

James Oliphant
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
True; if he'd finished half the sublime crosses Robert put into the box, we'd have won a lot more games. Robert wasn't an underproducer, he was a role player who seemed frustrated by his teammates and not as quick as he used to be.

Still the most talented player we've ever fielded (sorry De Ro lovers, but he's a close second).

TFC USA
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Oliphant are you fucking serious?

Robert barely gave two shits half the time he was out there.

James Oliphant
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Oliphant are you fucking serious?

Robert barely gave two shits half the time he was out there.

And isn't it quite the coincidence that the more his teammates (Cunningham) shit the bed, the less Robert cared?

When he first came here, he was fired up and played his ass off. Then when he realized there was no point in creating scoring opportunities for strikers who couldn't finish, he stopped caring.

Krasno.pL.
07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Soo is that Wiltord? anyone yet.. ahhaha

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Olivier Bernard?
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-in-young-players-test.5469195.jp

torontocelt
07-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Pretty sure that it is Roger Milla, no one really ever new his age anyway? Does anyone have any photos of the guy in the photo dancing around corner flags, if so it is Roger.

Shaughno
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Olivier Bernard?
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-in-young-players-test.5469195.jp

Direct quote..

But, beset by injuries and fitness problems, he left again in May 2007. Today he trains with Toronto FC.

jloome
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Direct quote..

Somebody should rename the thread "Olivier Bernard to TFC?"

From his wiki:
"He is currently training with Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC) to keep his fitness up, mainly because he is friends with Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC) Midfielder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder) Laurent Robert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurent_Robert).[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Bernard#cite_note-5)"

jloome
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Oop, maybe not. That was old news on the Wiki:

06/03/2008 1:27 PM
Toronto FC Media Relations

Release had bernard training with us in June,