PDA

View Full Version : Post Game on Saturday - Canada v Honduras

mlsintoronto
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Heads up for those of you who will no doubt be thirsty after the game on Saturday. You may already be aware that our players and staff make an appearance at the Jack Astors on John Street...Well the timing is perfect to watch team Canada take on Honduras in the Gold Cup Quarter Final.

The scheduled appearances (always subject to change) are
Chris Cummins,
Nick Garcia,
Marvell Wynne,
Pablo Vitti
and Stefan Frei.

We're going to try to convince Amado that he should go watch Honduras play...wish us luck on that...

If you speak Spanish please make Pablo feel at home!

133 John Street
Saturday, post game
Canada v Honduras begins at 5pm.

Kevvv
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Not Spanish, but I can speak slower and louder if that helps.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

prizby
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
what about DeRo, Serioux, Nana, Jimmy, Gabe Gala coming out to watch canada!

bring them to Joes, where the real crowd is and cheaper beer :)

i speak some spanish, small sentences :)

already a thread for after Houston http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15357

Kevvv
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM

You know the answer to that, right?

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/about/sponsors/

FluSH
07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Heads up for those of you who will no doubt be thirsty after the game on Saturday. You may already be aware that our players and staff make an appearance at the Jack Astors on John Street...Well the timing is perfect to watch team Canada take on Honduras in the Gold Cup Quarter Final.

The scheduled appearances (always subject to change) are
Chris Cummins,
Nick Garcia,
Marvell Wynne,
Pablo Vitti
and Stefan Frei.

We're going to try to convince Amado that he should go watch Honduras play...wish us luck on that...

If you speak Spanish please make Pablo feel at home!

133 John Street
Saturday, post game
Canada v Honduras begins at 5pm.

Can you convince Amado NOT to play against El Salvador anymore!!!! He set up the goal that became the DAGGER for our World Cup qualifying!!!

FluSH
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM

The way Joe's get's packed nowadays they all need to be RPB members to come in... Security will stop them at the door =P

Carts
07-15-2009, 03:03 PM
What time are the boys scheduled to arrive at Jack Astors...?

Thanks, Carts...

prizby
07-15-2009, 03:09 PM
133 John Street
Saturday, post game
Canada v Honduras begins at 5pm.`

The K-Man!
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
What time do the players noramlly arrive at Jack Astor's?

Carts
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
What time do the players noramlly arrive at Jack Astor's?

English Education FAIL! :facepalm:

The K-Man!
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I am ready to go home for the day, hence the spelling mistake...

Parkdale
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Heads up for those of you who will no doubt be thirsty after the game on Saturday...

^.... are you mocking us again? (like always) :D

The way Joe's get's packed nowadays they all need to be RPB members to come in... Security will stop them at the door =P

nope, just you flush. hahaha.... just you.

Carts
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
133 John Street
Saturday, post game
Canada v Honduras begins at 5pm.`

I understand that - just wondering if they were shooting for 5pm arrival, or earlier or later... Earlier would be tough: game ends, post chat, media, treatment, shower etc etc etc...

Carts...

Broadview
07-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Can you convince Amado NOT to play against El Salvador anymore!!!! He set up the goal that became the DAGGER for our World Cup qualifying!!!

The pip squeak has a habit of doing crap like that.

*grumble grumble*
stupid penalty
*grumble*

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-16-2009, 05:37 AM

already a thread for after Houston http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15357

http://library.carlsberg.ca/newsletter/20090715/images/TFC_JA.jpg (http://jackastors.com/)

Technorgasm
07-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the timing of the gc match.

See you lot at joes.
Post WIN!!!!!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2009, 07:03 AM

Lol
wish i could be there for this

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 07:25 AM
I wish everyone going a good time meeting some great players we like to watch play for our club.

Where are the Canadian players watching the game?

Ageroo
07-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Where are the Canadian players watching the game?

I would like to know this as well! :D

MG42
07-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Will Sylvain Wiltord be there :)

FluSH
07-16-2009, 07:46 AM

LOL

Well Pronto and I are planning a South American footy trip hopefully for November... maybe Werewolf will come as well... anyhow I'll chat with Pablo as Argentina looks like a very possible destination...

Jack also speaks better Spanish than my brothers...

maninb
07-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Since when is Jack Astor's "Official TFC headquarters"???? Anybody seen them post such nonsense before?.....though the cheap Carlsberg does have a certain appeal....

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
^^ yeah. Jack Astors is the official glad to take your money headquarters. this gets a giant BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

prizby
07-16-2009, 09:34 AM
http://library.carlsberg.ca/newsletter/20090715/images/TFC_JA.jpg (http://jackastors.com/)

omg no way!!!

last time i was there...it was like 8 bucks a pint and 22 bucks a pitcher

MUFC_Niagara
07-16-2009, 09:48 AM

WAY better service and $3.50 pints of Carlsberg at Astor's! I am going there!

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Pints at Astors - $3.50
Streetcar to pub - $2.75
Mingling with players instead of watching your nation - Free

Loyalty - Worthless (or so it seems so often , Go to Joes you corporate whores)

rocker
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Since when is Jack Astor's "Official TFC headquarters"????

since they started paying to be a TFC sponsor ;)

MUFC_Niagara
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Pints at Astors - $3.50
Streetcar to pub - $2.75
Mingling with players instead of watching your nation - Free

I've boycotted that particular Shoeless location because they've hired the most inept serving staff I have ever seen at a restaurant. Isn't shoeless a corporation as well?

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
WAY better service and $3.50 pints of Carlsberg at Astor's! I am going there!

just wait until they get slammed with a real crowd and see how the service goes.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Joe isnt, and Joe has shown extreme loyalty to us. While other places in the city have shat on us and our bretheren. So Joe gets my loyalty, because he deserves it, and has worked for it. That's much more important to me than any price

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
and we all remember just how shitty the Wheat Sheaf and the Foggy Dew were to TFC supporters before they knew how much money there was to be made.

I appreciate that jack astors is sponsoring the team, and helping to promote the team (and themselves too obviously). I've got nothing against the place, and if they want to cater to TFC fans.... great for them.

Still, I'll be at Joe's drinking $5 king cans of Carlsberg (tax included).
Notice the $3.50 pints don't include tax?

MUFC_Niagara
07-16-2009, 10:04 AM
just wait until they get slammed with a real crowd and see how the service goes.

Actually atthe last one the service was good despite a bigger crowd. Joe's however seems to see the service get worse and worse....imho.

AL-MO
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I'll be at Joes.

MUFC_Niagara
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
It hasn't been the same for me at Joe's ever since the "chicken wing" incident. I was thoroughly pissed off that day at Joe's.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
also this should be in news...This is the RPB board and the RPB pub is Joes, all this gives us is news of another option.

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
It hasn't been the same for me at Joe's ever since the "chicken wing" incident. I was thoroughly pissed off that day at Joe's.

yeah, that was utter bullshit and really reflected poorly on all TFC supporters. granted, I seriously doubt it was RPB's involved, but still, it was embarrassing.

Nodoubtguy
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
wow, guess I missed some drama at Joes.....

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
hhaha, yeah i guess so. But i've only spent about 3 hours inside of joes in three year. Outside, back in for the easy to get cheap-ish tallboys, then back outside

MUFC_Niagara
07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Ya, I was there 1 1/2 before the game with my brother in law, ordered some wings. We were both starving as we had just left our respective jobs and hadn't eaten. The waitress took our order. It was taking forever and she kept saying "oh they'll be right out." 15 mins before KO she comes to the table and says "you're wings aren't coming, sorry." She had even given us the bill for them! It just went hill from there for me at Joe's.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
yeah food does take foever....i just think of it as a proper pub and pretend they dont make food. But again, Joe has put in a huge amount of work, and sacrificed for us in his 3 years. we've given him business no doubt but he has gone above and beyond. Jack Astors puts up a poster, and that is quite literally it. I hope no one who regulars Joes goes to this, I think it would be a sad state of affairs

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
oh, I thought your (tim) were talking about the chicken wing throwing thing when the New England guys were there.

grizzle
07-16-2009, 11:14 AM

I think thats a pretty harsh statement. Unfortunately the team relies on their sponsors and I think Jack Astors probably does pay a lot to the team. Without the sponsors the team may not be able to afford some of the players. You could even look at the argument on the other end, why doesn't Shoeless Joes sponsor the team and put some of the money they make off its fans back into the team? (This is not meant to be a jab at Joe's I just think you need to look at the argument from both sides)

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 11:16 AM
here's the thing....

the only Joe's that I've ever seen supporting TFC is our Joe's.
The others have to do what the chain decides (aka be 'Leafs Nation' bars)

Joe's (our particular joes) gives back to the RPB. More than that, not our concern.

wzhxvy
07-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I will be at Joe's because they support RPB and all that good stuff. My only feedback to them is the food...seriously...if you order anything outside of wings or a club sandwich, you are on your own quality wise. But they are nice people and I would rather go there than to some bar that pays to be the TFC bar/restaurant.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I think thats a pretty harsh statement. Unfortunately the team relies on their sponsors and I think Jack Astors probably does pay a lot to the team. Without the sponsors the team may not be able to afford some of the players. You could even look at the argument on the other end, why doesn't Shoeless Joes sponsor the team and put some of the money they make off its fans back into the team? (This is not meant to be a jab at Joe's I just think you need to look at the argument from both sides)

Joes actually does give back to the fans of the team. TFC makes huge profit of merchandising and the like so i couldnt care less about them getting money from a chain in order to put up a poster....i dont understand how people can write something like that and be serious

grizzle
07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Joes actually does give back to the fans of the team. TFC makes huge profit of merchandising and the like so i couldnt care less about them getting money from a chain in order to put up a poster....i dont understand how people can write something like that and be serious

Both are businesses and with both money comes first. What in particular did you disagree with? I don't personally know how Joes "gives back", so pardon my ignorance, can you enlighten me?

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't personally know how Joes "gives back", so pardon my ignorance, can you enlighten me?

Joe's has sponsored RPB soccer teams by paying for jerseys. They've done FREE end of year parties for RPB members with a full spread of food (free) and lots of drinks (free). They accommodate us even when it's not in their best interest to do so (showing a TFC away game at the same time as UFC100, just because we asked).

Plus they've let us put all of our TFC & RPB stuff up on the walls. Sure that could help them a bit too, but hey, that's waht a partnership is about.

Inswingingwingman
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Geez, and just a few days ago people were moaning about lack of promotion. Now a bar, running a promotion, with players to boot, and didn't I see that there are lottery tickets promoting TFC.

Some people will never be happy, they could have the thing free at Ruth Chris steak house with a T bone thrown in and someone would boycott the thing, and the vegans would picket.

That said I just bbq'd a tbone, cooked an egg and mushrooms and snacked on that for lunch.

Hey about sitting on Hooter's roof patio LOL. You get wings fairly quick there...

grizzle
07-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Joe's has sponsored RPB soccer teams by paying for jerseys. They've done FREE end of year parties for RPB members with a full spread of food (free) and lots of drinks (free). They accommodate us even when it's not in their best interest to do so (showing a TFC away game at the same time as UFC100, just because we asked).

Plus they've let us put all of our TFC & RPB stuff up on the walls. Sure that could help them a bit too, but hey, that's waht a partnership is about.

The party is pretty cool. Nice of them to do that.

peter_tfc
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Hopefully all this talk of watching Canada versus Honduras will get some true red TFC/Canada supporters to make the trek to Chicago on Thursday for the semis... if it comes to that.

Forget Columbus, imagine 2500 red shirts at Soldier Field.

CoachGT
07-16-2009, 12:22 PM

When we did the fundraiser for CNIB, Joes stepped up and chipped in $300 to take us to our target. He has consistently stepped up in all things RPB. There are not a lot of businesses that I feel 100% loyal to, but Shoeless at King & Dufferin is one.

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
^ oh yeah, I forgot about that. Plus he was a huge sponsor of the first year Calendar, which also made a fair bit of cash for charity.

wzhxvy
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Hopefully all this talk of watching Canada versus Honduras will get some true red TFC/Canada supporters to make the trek to Chicago on Thursday for the semis... if it comes to that.

Forget Columbus, imagine 2500 red shirts at Soldier Field.

All for a Chicago road trip...cant wait (fingers crossed)

Toronto_Bhoy
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
When we did the fundraiser for CNIB, Joes stepped up and chipped in $300 to take us to our target. He has consistently stepped up in all things RPB. There are not a lot of businesses that I feel 100% loyal to, but Shoeless at King & Dufferin is one.

Thanks Coach, I was about to mention the same!

I remember going to Jack Astor's, "the official pub of TFC" to watch a road game last season. I was surprised at the amount of TFC shirts in there. Next thing a chant starts up and the waitress tells this table guys you gotta keep it down! Couple of security dicks start milling about…you get the picture. TFC and Astor's can't have it both ways.

Look, I understand, Shoeless and Astors are both businesses, just like TFC. Do your business deals and money making shit, that's cool.

But never loose sight of the fact that we, the supporters make the TFC experience what it is…unique! Not TFC. Nor MLSE. They are only facilitators…

They, like the game, are nothing without the supporters!

I make my decision based on who looks after RPBs and that's Joe over at Shoeless. Therefore, I look after him but go where you want. I hope Paul and the TFC staff join in with the supporters when Red Thunder and the megaphone belting out a chorus of "The Red Bulls are Shite"! LOL!

Joe puts up with that bullshit…but he gets it and its good for business! Let's see how Jack likes it.