PDA

View Full Version : Nana leading player of the month poll

jloome
07-15-2009, 10:47 AM
...on the TFC site.

Good to see it's that obvious to everyone how talented this kid is. Seriously, we won't have him more than a couple of seasons before Rangers or Celtic or someone throw stupid money over here.

Jay P
07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Nana's been playing well, good to see people recognizing it!

Damien
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
The guys a great player, very up-and-coming. I don't think he's been THE difference maker over the past month though.

Flashman
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Nana had a pretty good month, as did Amado Guevara. They may have had player of the month performances for other months, but the single defining event this past month was winning the Voyaguer's Cup, and there is no debate that De Ro took that game by the horns, and dragged the rest of the team with him.

Therefore, De Ro = PotM, and at this point PotY.

prizby
07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
i voted for him cuz dero can afford a watch, nana's salary makes a nice watch a luxery :)

ensco
07-15-2009, 07:36 PM
re whether Nana is gone or not.....

He needs to shine against fully-loaded international competition, which he won't get a chance to do until 2012...

if he gets to Europe, for real money, based solely on outstanding MLS play, he'd be the first to do it

jloome
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
re whether Nana is gone or not.....

He needs to shine against fully-loaded international competition, which he won't get a chance to do until 2012...

if he gets to Europe, for real money, based solely on outstanding MLS play, he'd be the first to do it

I suppose, but Edu's national team exposure was pretty limited and he played out of position as a centre back. So not sure it had more to do with the deal than, say, Mo still having Scottish contacts.

ensco
07-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I suppose, but Edu's national team exposure was pretty limited and he played out of position as a centre back. So not sure it had more to do with the deal than, say, Mo still having Scottish contacts.

He needed both I think.

Edu had started for a FIFA top 20 ranked team, in meaningful games.

He started only a couple against lesser teams, as I recall, it wasn't exactly as though he was the reincarnation of Beckenbauer in a WCQ game at the Azteca.

Dub Narcotic
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
...on the TFC site.

Good to see it's that obvious to everyone how talented this kid is. Seriously, we won't have him more than a couple of seasons before Rangers or Celtic or someone throw stupid money over here.

I would agree that he is the most overrated player on TFC right now. Just two weeks ago he was probably the worst player on the pitch against RSL. I'm fine with him staying at CB, but please no more at RB.