PDA

View Full Version : Andy Welsh signs new deal...

Oldtimer
07-14-2009, 09:38 PM
...with League 1 bottom-feeders Yeoville Town

Yeovil midfielder Andy Welsh has agreed a new contract that will keep him at the League One outfit until the summer of 2011.
The much-travelled 26-year-old made 38 appearances in total for the Glovers last term following his switch from Blackpool. Welsh, who will officially sign the deal on July 1, told the club's official website: "I like it down here in Yeovil and I have enjoyed playing for the team.
"I'm really looking forward to settling in the area and I can't wait for the start of the new season."
Manager Terry Skiverton added: "I'm really pleased to have agreed a new deal with Andy.
"He's been here with us for a season and I am sure he will go on and make a significant contribution to the squad next season."

For those who care about a former TFC midfielder from 2007. (Well, his corners were pretty good).

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide2/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/09/06/28/manual_123519.html&TEAMHD=nationwide2

rocker
07-14-2009, 09:43 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/welsh-1.jpg

CretanBull
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
When Leeds first got demoted, they made a shirt that said "Where the fuck is Yeovil?" :D

kodiakTFC
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
What do League One players make in wages?

Troll
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
In hindsight the joke was on Leeds though, wasn't it?

CretanBull
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
The average is around £70-75,000....top players make well over £100,000, but the bottom feeders make £35,000 or so.

CretanBull
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
In hindsight the joke was on Leeds though, wasn't it?

How so? It's a nod to the massive away support that Leeds have. For years they'd been going to familiar places, but after demotion people were actually wondering "Where the fuck is Yeovil?"

Maple Leaf Red
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
How so? It's a nod to the massive away support that Leeds have. For years they'd been going to familiar places, but after demotion people were actually wondering "Where the fuck is Yeovil?"

It's actually an amazingly funny shirt.

Red CB Toronto
07-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Good to see, I had the opportunity to see Andy and Yeovil Town in action last season at Leyton Orient in London. I had a chat with Andy post game about his days with the Reds, class act all the way.

Lennon
07-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Definitely the most awkward player in TFC history ... lol

Damien
07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
He's still the MLS record holder in forehead rugburns (1)

FluSH
07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
It's actually an amazingly funny shirt.

I agree!!!

How come we didn't do this the first time we visited Columbus LLOZ

ilikemusic
07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I always hated Welsh because he was English and Robbo was Welsh and that just made no sense dammit!

:lol:

rocker
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
When Leeds first got demoted, they made a shirt that said "Where the fuck is Yeovil?" :D

ha. Back in the 90s, U of T used to give Frosh a shirt that read "What the Fuck's a Yeoman?" when York U's mascot used to be a Yeoman. I think they changed it to Lions later.

Jamaicanadian
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Back in the 80's we used to sing a song entitlled "I'd rather be a Yeoman than a dirty F*ckin' Blue!"

greatwhitenorf
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
With a deft little flick of a header, Andy Welsh made the sun shine on a very wet night as we beat Houston 1-0. A legend. What kind of car does he drive? What's his cat's name?

David Conn has a great piece on the Guardian website about Ken Bates taking Leeds even deeper into the toilet. Certainly brightened my day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/jul/10/ken-bates-libel-trial-defeat-leeds-united-full-story (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/jul/10/ken-bates-libel-trial-defeat-leeds-united-full-story)

Jolly sporting of Leeds to stick around another year to boost League One coffers. Should have their favorite Yeovil pubs - and barmaids - marked out by now, I shouldn't wonder.

This year, fresh away adventures await mighty Leeds at promoted new boys Exeter City (mmm, creamy, dreamy Devonshire. Pop into the Yeovil pubs on the way down!), Wycombe Wanderers, Brentford (suburban swinging London) and Gillingham( down in Kent, who pipped Shrewsbury, in Shropshire, in a playoff).

More t-shirts this year? Suit you, sir!

Derko
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Not that I am making a comparison between players, or teams but The MK Dons are also a League 1 side.

Ali Gerba will score for TFC!!

And yes Andy Welsh did win an important match for TFC on a drizzle filled night at BMO.

Cheers

Cheers