PDA

View Full Version : Is this True...Chad Barrett

FluSH
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
For MLS player of the week?!

Congratz to Chad! He has taken a lot of heat... and how many players would have just melted to the bench instead of rising to the occasion...

As long as the ratio stays at 2/3 goals... I think everyone will be happy!

:D

BFin
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Good for him.
Very happy to see it go well finally for him.

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Fucking right! I think this will mark a turning point for him this season. His tireless work ethic is starting to pay dividends and no one is more deserving of the results...

felipe
07-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Chad Barrett is the greatest! These boards have always said so!

Beach_Red
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
The post game interview is good, he talks about getting good advice from the older guys, especially Dichio, telling him he's doing too much unnecessary running and he talks about how smart Dichio plays and how much he's learning from him and how he's going to get better.

Afra
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I will admit that I have shaken my head at this cat a couple of times but I could never fault his work ethic. The kid runs and gets open, if this is the start of his sights coming back he will be good for a few more. I am glad for him.

McHaggis
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Hahaha! Nice one. He does work his arse off though. No one could ever deny that...

__wowza
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
i gave him shit when he couldnt finish, i'll admit.. but he was playing like shit so it balanced out. fickleness aside, the man's improved his form and he should be commended on it.

FluSH
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ala Rick Flair!

Jay P
07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
impossible is nothing :D

bertal
07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
impossible is nothing :D

qft LOL

TFC~Vatreni
07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
6dk7Il3EqI0

cmonyoureds
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Good for Chad. He's taken an immense amount of heat from people, but stuck with it. Here's to hoping it's just the start of a good run of finishing for him. We all know we need it right now!!!!

james
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
SOOOO many people on this board were shit talking about Chad Barrett and Vitti for weeks and now look who the 2 players who scored against San Jose are.

Alot of you guys talk shit about a player to soon and say "trade this player" "cut that player" "fire this guy". Some of you guys gotta relax, it takes time for players to gel together as a team.

well job done for Barrett!!!!

Flipityflu
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
SOOOO many people on this board were shit talking about Chad Barrett and Vitti for weeks and now look who the 2 players who scored against San Jose are.

Alot of you guys talk shit about a player to soon and say "trade this player" "cut that player" "fire this guy". Some of you guys gotta relax, it takes time for players to gel together as a team.

yep. the typical cries of a Toronto sport fan

dcdcdc
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
notwithstanding the two goals.. barrett still plays like shit

Yohan
07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
yeah.

3 goals and 4 assists in last 4 games (all competitions)

he's shit

loconet
07-14-2009, 01:48 PM
so, is he ready for http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10587 ?? :D

TFC USA
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I forgot about that chant. :D

Congrats Barrett you've earned it.

S_D
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah.

he's shit

Lets be real. 3 goals and 4 assists against absolute crap teams.

I am happy for him and hope he can do it against the better teams, but in my mind he should still be sent packing as soon as a decent deal comes along.

You may not agree with me but at least I have been consistent since before we acquired him. :D

mike_bouma
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Eat it Barrett haters.

bangersandmash
07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/chad_is_rad_outline_blue_tshirt-p235396714164512585yiyr_400.jpg

Order yours today!

Troll
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
You may not agree with me but at least I have been consistent since before we acquired him. :D

Congradulations on being consistently stupid?

dcdcdc
07-14-2009, 03:07 PM
yeah.

he's shit

EXACTLY. he's shit. 2 goals makes up for 2 years of constant shittiness

Yohan
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
EXACTLY. he's shit. 2 goals makes up for 2 years of constant shittiness
uh, you did know that he scored 5 goals in 15 games for TFC last year?

pekduck
07-14-2009, 03:16 PM
uh, you did know that he scored 5 games in 15 goals for TFC last year?

so he has a 1 game in 3 goals? :rofl:

i kid i kid

Yohan
07-14-2009, 03:20 PM
so he has a 1 game in 3 goals? :rofl:

i kid i kid
quiet you :p

S_D
07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Congradulations on being consistently stupid?

yikes i have been trolled :D

BFin
07-14-2009, 03:55 PM

Same could be said for someone who posts that after a game in which Barrett gets 50% of his seasons goal total.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Barrett fan, and I think he is given a lot of unnecessary blame sometimes, but your argument is invalid and pretty hypocritical.

FluSH
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
^^^^
Let's stay away from the he said she said business... and truly just appreciate the fact that Barrett is...

SCORING GOALS!!!

pekduck
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I like Barrett, I'm happy that he scores, I'm pissed off when he doesn't.

I have his name on the away jersey too.

Done.

Shakes McQueen
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I made this thread yesterday, FLush. Look in the news forum. :D

- Scott

FluSH
07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I made this thread yesterday, FLush. Look in the news forum. :D

- Scott

BALLS!

Cashcleaner
07-14-2009, 11:53 PM

Yeah, because you need only the best of the best to beat San Jose this season.

You know, because they have been such a powerhouse in '09. Playing against the 'Quakes? Oh shit, you're gonna need to get your best fucking guys on the pitch for that match because those guys are unstoppable.

Some may not know it, but their 3-9-4 record is just a cunning rouse.

Shakes McQueen
07-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Yeah, because you need only the best of the best to beat San Jose this season.

You know, because they have been such a powerhouse in '09. Playing against the 'Quakes? Oh shit, you're gonna need to get your best fucking guys on the pitch for that match because those guys are unstoppable.

Some may not know it, but their 3-9-4 record is just a cunning rouse.

Worth noting that they were missing Huckerby for 95% of those games, the guy who essentially turned them from expansion shit, into one of the better teams in the league down the stretch last season.

- Scott

TOBOR !
07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
and how many players would have just melted to the bench instead of rising to the occasion...

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQZkGdLzeH6jS3UYTyGwkTMgAAAAnpod bBwYB8SB84iIzXPKro

Shakes McQueen
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
It always annoyed me when some people compared Barrett to Cunningham. They are nothing alike.

Barrett works his tail off, and would run himself ragged if he thought it would help the team win. Cunningham has some natural skill, but NEVER CARED and NEVER TRIED.

Barrett respects the fans, and the shirt, by giving everything he has. I don't even need to recall the iconic Cunningham picture with the hands on the hips, do I?

- Scott

TOBOR !
07-15-2009, 07:57 AM
There was an old man called Jeffery Cunningham
Someone's sent him through on goal again
He Shot
He missed
He fell down again
Poor old Jeffery Cunningham
YOU USELESS TWAT !

Oldtimer
07-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Barrett respects the fans, and the shirt, by giving everything he has. I don't even need to recall the iconic Cunningham picture with the hands on the hips, do I?

- Scott

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:AdXoOrQLwQmd7M:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/150px-Cunnytfc.jpg

Barrett is more like Rooney in effort (although obviously not in skill).

Cashcleaner
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
It always annoyed me when some people compared Barrett to Cunningham. They are nothing alike.

Barrett works his tail off, and would run himself ragged if he thought it would help the team win. Cunningham has some natural skill, but NEVER CARED and NEVER TRIED.

- Scott

Now this, I will totally agree with. Barrett's problem has never been a lack of hustle. It's been more an issue of a technical nature. That alone gives him a higher grade in my book compared to Cunningham.

VPjr
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM

:iagree: I salute this post. :thumbsup: :hurray: :cheers:

:flare: :drum: :hump:

English Rachel
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
YEY Chad!!! I've fucking hated your guts for the longest time but now I am feeling the <3

Can't wait to see you in action for Sat xxx

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

mmmikey
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Commend him for picking up his game. I hope it Continues, he works hard enough. It's funny though.. The let's lynch Barrett bandwagon broke down and in it's place there is now a Barrett for president one! Woo!

IMO, every dog has his day. His hardwork is paying off, but his touch is still shit. I hope the advice he has been given continues to pay off, but it will take more than a couple of games to make me forget the rest.

Right track though, so congrats CB.

mmmikey
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQZkGdLzeH6jS3UYTyGwkTMgAAAAnpod bBwYB8SB84iIzXPKro

I lol'd :)

dcdcdc
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
uh, you did know that he scored 5 goals in 15 games for TFC last year?

To see him get 5 goals is quite painful because we have to sit through 195 missed chances. kudos for two goals last game but thats it.

Actually I'm convinced.. all this new DP striker talk is unnecessary because we have a guy who you literally have to place 1/2 foot in front of goal and drop the ball directly on his forehead from above for him to score

FluSH
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
and FOR THE RECORD: I have always supported BARRETT in fact I've been one of the FEW who have. I'm hoping someone calls me up on it cause I'll back it up with quotes from the start of the season... =P

(I did get upset with him once though but that was after the Vancouver loss where I was going insane literally...)

Yohan
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
To see him get 5 goals is quite painful because we have to sit through 195 missed chances. kudos for two goals last game but thats it.
not last year. Chad did miss a few chances, but not the ratio he missed this year.

james
07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Same could be said for someone who posts that after a game in which Barrett gets 50% of his seasons goal total.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Barrett fan, and I think he is given a lot of unnecessary blame sometimes, but your argument is invalid and pretty hypocritical.

no i didnt just say this now. In the passed while back i made a comment on a barrett bashing thread how he may not of scored any goals that game, but he was one of the only players who was actually getting shots and his time will come.

I said something similar about Vitti, how tho he hadnt even scored before he showed he had more ball control then almost anyone on the team. And i said he will eventually score some goals and to just give him some time. But then other people replied back saying we gave him more then enough time and how hes worse then cunningham and shit. Well he may not be scorring alot of goals, but he is scorring and playing better then cunningham thats for sure.

And i do think its true that to many fans on this board constently want to trade someone off of TFC. Every week there seems to be a thread about how much this player sucks and that player, its not even just barrett and Vitti anymore. I still think people gotta relax and wait a little while before you can start serious suggesting wanting to get rid of a player.

Cashcleaner
07-17-2009, 01:36 AM
^ If it helps, I still think Barrett sucks and Vitti isn't worth the price we paid. :D

FluSH
07-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Great article in The Star today about Barrett... Always a good day when we have TFC news!

gtaguy
07-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Anyone notice how effective Chad is when he hits the ball on the FIRST STRIKE....

This is what i have been harping about all season..
One timers are effective for chad becuase hes quick to chase the balls down but starts getting stupid trying to get extra steps in giving the opposition time to close his angles and him down...

maybe he's watching Ali G play in the GOLD CUP

TOBOR !
07-17-2009, 11:41 AM
maybe he's watching Ali G play in the GOLD CUP

Nail, head.

Vitti 'n' all.

Those lads are worried.