PDA

View Full Version : DE RO: What Should He Do

gracos
07-13-2009, 11:49 PM
We now know that De Ro has been nominated to play in the All Star game this year, but also his club needs his assistance with taking care of Puerto Rico Islanders, if you were De Ro; would you play with your club in hopes of getting farther into the Concacaf Champions League, or play the All-Star game at Rio Tinto in Sandy,Utah

NF-FC
07-13-2009, 11:52 PM
First Champions League match in club history, or useless exhibition match. I know my choice

gmacpheetfc
07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
please close this thread.

gracos
07-13-2009, 11:55 PM
why is this topic closed i just found it interesting that they would allow him to get in the starting 11 if they knew he had prior duties

King Tut
07-13-2009, 11:55 PM
First Champions League match in club history, or useless exhibition match. I know my choice

Seconded...

Pretty easy choice!

Yohan
07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
why is this topic closed i just found it interesting that they would allow him to get in the starting 11 if they knew he had prior duties
it's just a nod saying DeRo is one of the best player in MLS. it doesn't meant DeRo is obligated to play in ASG

James Oliphant
07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
This isn't even up for debate, so the thread is moot.

There's no way any TFC players selected to the All-Star Game will be showing up. And MLS knows it. The fact that De Ro was given a selection is a nod to his talent and stardom in this league, not a subpoena to play in this pointless exhibition.

De Ro will play for TFC, as will any other TFC players selected to pad out the roster. Period.

yellowfellow
07-13-2009, 11:59 PM
you actually think DeRo worked his ass off in Montreal and miss the CL game? CL game 10 times out of 10.

gracos
07-14-2009, 12:03 AM
fair enough, i then believe that this years all star game will be very quaint compared the giant game we have in CL. I just wanted to know and if you would want to say anything mean thats fine, but wondered if we could win without him, and still let him play against Everton and win

twistedchinaman
07-14-2009, 12:10 AM
^ I wouldn't even open that up to debate.

DeRo got us to the CL, he should get first dibs on ravaging PR.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM

All star game?
Cmon, who gives a fuck about that garbage.
CL all the way.
We are talking about a guy that said no to his national team to play for his club. Hes not even going to give the All star game a second thought.

thisisinternetclash
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
I sincerely doubt he's even been given the opportunity to decide. Of course he wouldn't be playing in the All-Star Game.

Lucky Strike
07-14-2009, 01:14 AM
If DeRo turned down the chance to play for Canada to help TFC, he's sure as hell not going to the All-star game.

kodiakTFC
07-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Not up for discussion. Champions League for sure and I'm sure MLS wont care as the guy to replace him as starter is Blanco.

grizzle
07-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Looking forward to watching DeRo stick it to the Islanders at home. /discussion

Hitcho
07-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Aside from all the above points, there's the injury risk too. The PL is far more physical than MLS and the Everton players will be rusty. I seriously doubt the TFC coaching staff and FO would want to risk De Ro against PL defenders trying to gain a yard of pace against him in a non-TFC, non-international game.

Broadview
07-14-2009, 06:11 AM

He was named to the All-Star team due to being on a lot of ballots. That's just math.

It's important, because being named to the team gets our man some more money.

But he doesn't have to play, that would be silly.

Last year there were questions as to wether he would play at all when the game was here, as Huston had a CL match the night before. If the game were anywhere else than besides here, I'm sure he would have just skipped it.

profit89
07-14-2009, 06:19 AM
CL easily.

twistedchinaman
07-14-2009, 06:20 AM
I sincerely doubt he's even been given the opportunity to decide. Of course he wouldn't be playing in the All-Star Game.

Even if he did he would've smacked the person who suggested he think about it. And smacked that dork good!

:scarf::drum::scarf::drum::scarf::drum::scarf:

Redpunkfiddle
07-14-2009, 07:26 AM
He was named to the All-Star team due to being on a lot of ballots. That's just math.

It's important, because being named to the team gets our man some more money.

But he doesn't have to play, that would be silly.

Last year there were questions as to wether he would play at all when the game was here, as Huston had a CL match the night before. If the game were anywhere else than besides here, I'm sure he would have just skipped it.

It was a game in DC which was delayed by rainfall, and I believe because it had previously been rescheduled they waited it out and finished at 2am or something.

De Ro was on an early morning flight to Toronto the next day for the ASG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlMlhoke6W0&feature=related

Oblio2
07-14-2009, 07:42 AM
He is a TFC player. His duty is to TFC.
He will not miss a CL game for a meaningless friendly.

Jay P
07-14-2009, 08:11 AM
he gets an all star bonus and plays here on the 29th.

rocker
07-14-2009, 08:26 AM
i'm sure MLS won't mind. I think they'd prefer to see TFC get into Champions League that have De Ro at the allstar game.

SilverSamurai
07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
WTF?
Champions League.
Done.

Flipityflu
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
i don't want to see Everton win the All Star game.

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2009, 08:52 AM
I could understand previous club vs country debates but this is absolutely a no brainer. DeRo already indicated earlier this season that TFC is his priority when he elected to skip the Gold Cup with the national team. I would think that TFC's inaugral champion's league match would supercede an all star game that he has already taken place in several times throughout his career, including last year in front of his hometown fans...

felipe
07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
C'mon...its a chance to play Everton!

Screw the CL!

I know what game I'm gonna watch!

No really, why is this thread still open?

Carts
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
C'mon...its a chance to play Everton!

Screw the CL!

I know what game I'm gonna watch!

No really, why is this thread still open?

LOL - I was reading your first two lines and started beleiving you about watching the ASG etc LOL...

Carts...

zeelaw
07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Seriously.

Cas87
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Waste of a thread

Phil
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Waste of a thread

I have to agree, it is assumed that he won't be going and until otherwise indicated I don't think we should be giving it this much energy. There are threads in the news section already dealing with this issue specifically.