PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - Barrett! Vitti! Even though it wasn't pretty!

Ben Knight
07-12-2009, 08:04 AM
http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/07/12/barrett-vitti-even-though-it-wasn%e2%80%99t-pretty/

tfc007
07-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Ben good article as usual,keep up the goodwork,hopefully Barret and Vitti do the same.

Blizzard
07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Regarding Vitti, he didn't need to score that goal for us to say he played an awesome game. He so enjoyable to watch. He does so many little things well. It's so obvious that he has played with high level teammates and competition.

Sure he'll mess up on occasion but who doesn't but this guy is a keeper!

Shakes McQueen
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Sure he'll mess up on occasion but who doesn't but this guy is a keeper!

I agree. Just not at $300K a season. :)

- Scott

rocker
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree. Just not at $300K a season. :)

- Scott

well, only if somehow that salary is keeping us from signing someone better :)

otherwise it doesn't really matter if he's making 300K. That's somethin for MoJo to worry about, not me!

Roogsy
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't see anyone else on TFC bringing what Vitti brings. His footwork creates chances. Nobody else has that. Play him in the right position and right system and he can help a team score boatloads. I notice that when they ask him to play something he is not comfortable with, he struggles. But he brings an aspect of play to this team that hasn't been given by anyone else.

TFC_Junky
07-13-2009, 07:13 AM
^^ Couldn't agree more. You can certainly see when he's in an uncomfortable position. I've been a fan of Vitti since day 1 and his creativity and ball control is unmatched on this team. Cut his salary back a bit and sign him for a longer contract, we need someone of his calabre around for a while!!!

Darlofletch
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
^^ Couldn't agree more. You can certainly see when he's in an uncomfortable position. I've been a fan of Vitti since day 1 and his creativity and ball control is unmatched on this team. Cut his salary back a bit and sign him for a longer contract, we need someone of his calabre around for a while!!!

He did have a great game, and it was a very well taken goal, the view from behind the goal showed how well he did, and that just inside the post was exactly where he was trying to head it..

He was playing in Guevara's usual spot, so may be a very good candidate to take that over permanently if Guevara leaves at the end of the season as has been suggested he wants to.

Hitcho
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
No-one seems to be mentioning (here or elsewhere) just what a difficult chance Barrett's first goal was to convert. It was a side foot volley on the run from a relatively tight angle, across the keeper and into the bottom corner. That was hugely impressive in my book. Anyone who has ever played the game will know how hard it is to hit balls like that and not have them fly off-cue somewhere. Big kudos to Chad for taking that one so cleanly. I also thought he did well in the one on one for his second goal. The keeper came out well and narrowed down the angle perfectly, but Barrett still had the poise to get round him and take enough off the ball to leave himself with a tap in. Often those get knocked out of kilter by the keeper or get overhit and run out of play or just leave the striker with way too tight of an angle to finish. Vitti's goal was also well executed, a great leap, but although i think he was probably aiming for the corner given his position i think he had a bit of luck too - fully deserved though, he had a great game and brings a creative flair to this team that even Amado and De Ro don't really add.