PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Smith... signed with the Crapids

Stryker
07-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Onetime Toronto FC target, Aberdeen's winger/striker Jamie Smith is set to sign with Colorado as is Argentine striker Facundo Diz, who has long been rumored to be joining the mile high club.

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/07/incoming-strikers-jamie-smith-and.html

Stryker
07-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Hmmm... another player scared away by turf?

Lucky Strike
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Well if we do get DeGuzman, this becomes a non-issue.

Yohan
07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Looks like Terry Cooke's days at Denver is over. He's been marginalized this season by new Crapids coach Smith

phenomenal crosser. I'd love to see him in Toronto

Lucky Strike
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Looks like Terry Cooke's days at Denver is over. He's been marginalized this season by new Crapids coach Smith

I've always been impressed with him, and always baffled as to why he wasn't a starter on that team. He had a goal and 12 assists last year, not holding down a consistent position on the starting XI (either with Clavijo or Smith).

Yohan
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I've always been impressed with him, and always baffled as to why he wasn't a starter on that team. He had a goal and 12 assists last year, not holding down a consistent position on the starting XI (either with Clavijo or Smith).
apparently he's not fast enough for type of game Crapids play now

Bobo
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
apparently he's not fast enough for type of game Crapids play now

Perfect for us then!

BayernTFC
07-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Good call Yohan. I'll agree with you, I'd like to see him in TFC red too. I think that one of our biggest weaknesses is that we don't have someone who specifically plays out wide in attack and who can deliver consistent quality crosses:

Diz would obviously give us much needed depth up front, while Smith seems to be a replacement for Terry Cooke who has reportedly been asked, and agreed, to not have his contract guaranteed until September instead of on the July 1st date all other MLS contracts are guaranteed on. Smith is reportedly a winger who likes to cut inside and go to goal, so a right-sided version of Colin Clark. As we all know, Cooke likes to stay outside and whip crosses in, so its obviously a shift in playing styles. I'm not sure if replacing Cooke is a great idea, but maybe Smith is an upgrade.
http://view-from-the-couch.blogspot.com/2009/07/rapids-get-trio-of-reinforcements.html

zeelaw
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Dont think we needed him. Much better out tehre.

TFC07
07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Thank god Smith decided not to play for TFC.

CretanBull
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Onetime Toronto FC target, Aberdeen's winger/striker Jamie Smith is set to sign with Colorado as is Argentine striker Facundo Diz, who has long been rumored to be joining the mile high club.

:rofl:

jloome
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Terry Cook would be an excellent signing. Good winger, delivers one of the better balls in MLS

ensco
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
How dare anyone named J Smith not begin their MLS career at TFC?

twistedchinaman
07-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Terry Cook would be an excellent signing. Good winger, delivers one of the better balls in MLS

+1.

Man is good quality, and could be useful? I'm sufficiently impressed...

Jamie Smith is a bust just waiting to happen -- and TBH so far how many people allegedly "scared off" by the BMO turf have really bust it up in MLS?

Huckerby - absent
O'Brien - gone

Anyone care to keep going?

ensco
07-11-2009, 12:49 PM
^This comment reminds me of the threads on turf in 2007, which ran 90% along these lines.

There are a ton of players who haven't come because of the surface, but most haven't said it publicly.