PDA

View Full Version : TV Schedule Conflict - TFC & UFC100

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone,
Just in case people don't already know.....

This Saturday there is going to be a HUGE UFC event (people are saying the biggest ever) on TV at the same time as the TFC match. - 10:30 Saturday night. This wont mean anything to you if you're watching from your couch, but if you are planning on going to a bar, it might be good to check ahead to make sure they can accomodate everyone. Football Pubs will probably just stick with TFC, but you can bet there will be people all over who want to watch UFC100.

having said that.... and relating back to our own case.....

Shoeless Joe's will be playing the fight inside, and will be moving an LCD TV out to the patio for the TFC match. Yeah it's a bit of a bummer getting moved to the patio, but I personally think it's a fun idea - outdoor match on the patio in the summer? I like.

Keep in mind, almost every bar is expecting the UFC to have 'Superbowl' level attendances at the bar, so make sure to get in to your spots early, where ever they may be.

cheers!

Stryker
07-08-2009, 01:06 PM
So expect alot of flack for being soccer pussies from drunken assholes who are all jacked up from watching the fights. :rolleyes:

prizby
07-08-2009, 01:08 PM
what is UFC (lol) :p

bones
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Make sure you've got a plan B Parky, looks like rain. :(

Bones...

H Bomb
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
and there will be lots of UFC types there. I've been to Joes during a UFC event and they have a lot of regulars for the fights it seems. I love Joes, but will be making alternative plans on Saturday

kodiakTFC
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
This is definitely the biggest UFC event ever and unfortunately I will be missing the TFC game for it. I'll have to watch it later on MLS Matchcenter (best $20 spent ever?).

Technorgasm
07-08-2009, 01:18 PM
God UFC is SO hurting.

Technorgasm
07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey everyone,
Just in case people don't already know.....

This Saturday there is going to be a HUGE UFC event (people are saying the biggest ever) on TV at the same time as the TFC match. - 10:30 Saturday night. This wont mean anything to you if you're watching from your couch, but if you are planning on going to a bar, it might be good to check ahead to make sure they can accomodate everyone. Football Pubs will probably just stick with TFC, but you can bet there will be people all over who want to watch UFC100.

having said that.... and relating back to our own case.....

Shoeless Joe's will be playing the fight inside, and will be moving an LCD TV out to the patio for the TFC match. Yeah it's a bit of a bummer getting moved to the patio, but I personally think it's a fun idea - outdoor match on the patio in the summer? I like.

Keep in mind, almost every bar is expecting the UFC to have 'Superbowl' level attendances at the bar, so make sure to get in to your spots early, where ever they may be.

cheers!

The bars I prefer to go to will put Footy in front of any of that UFC garbage.

flatpicker
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
what is UFC (lol) :p

seconded!

rocker
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
UFC.. WWE with an edge ;)

I'll watch real sport, thanks

Redpunkfiddle
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
and there will be lots of UFC types there. I've been to Joes during a UFC event and they have a lot of regulars for the fights it seems. I love Joes, but will be making alternative plans on Saturday

Same here- we did this for our final game last season against SJ and I won't be worried that Joe will be hard up without my business for the night.

Maybe people can name their alternate venues for everyone.

dupont
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
UFC fans think soccer fans are pussies but they are the ones watching naked men perform a "rear naked choke" hold on each other.

I guess I'm watching this game at home.

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Make sure you've got a plan B Parky, looks like rain. :(

Bones...

the forecast says the next 7 days are sunny, with a rain storm on Saturday (what are the odds they'll get it wrong)

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 01:40 PM
and guys.... let's not get into a dumb 'which sport is better' argument. We all know the answer ;)

Nodoubtguy
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
thinking about it, I might just watch it from home....gonna try to catch the free BSS show at harbourfront in the evening and maybe just head home and avoid the crowds. My friend is a big UFC guy and says that this should be the biggest UFC event ever.

zeelaw
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Wait a sec. We go to Shoeless Joes and dump so much cash into that place and they bump us out to the street for one fight?

ThunderBaby
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Will anyone be going to the BOHO to watch? Are they showing it?

Darlofletch
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM

I was just about to ask that. I live in the area, really like the restaurant, and am willing to overlook all the Liverpool stuff if i have to.:D

is it guaranteed to show the game, and how busy does it usually get?

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Wait a sec. We go to Shoeless Joes and dump so much cash into that place and they bump us out to the street for one fight?

it's numbers.

there were only 20 or so people there for the last game. They are expecting over 200 for the UFC thing.

it's not that Joe is 'dumping us', but just trying to accommodate everyone.

but good luck walking into any normal sports bar in the city as getting a TV to play the TFC game.

H Bomb
07-08-2009, 01:55 PM
UFC.. WWE with an edge ;)

I'll watch real sport, thanks

Seriously? Real sports? You and John McCain should go an adventure to the nineties together. People on here bitch that soccer doesnt get the attention it deserves and then other say things like this. :facepalm:

And UFC fans don't think soccer is for pussies....people who think soccer is for pussies think soccer is for pussies....and 90% of the folks at joes on saturday will be able to hurt 95% of the folks that would be showing up to watch the game so make sure to keep your insults on the internets. :D

Boris
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Seriously? Real sports? You and John McCain should go an adventure to the nineties together. People on here bitch that soccer doesnt get the attention it deserves and then other say things like this. :facepalm:

And UFC fans don't think soccer is for pussies....people who think soccer is for pussies think soccer is for pussies....and 90% of the folks at joes on saturday will be able to hurt 95% of the folks that would be showing up to watch the game so make sure to keep your insults on the internets. :D

:lol:
amazing

LCB
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM

Only 1 out of every 10 MMA fans are less tough than 9 out of 10 soccer fans? Really?

Boris
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
ok, again, keep this thread to the game and what peoples plans are....

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
no math! I hate fractions!

zeelaw
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
it's numbers.

there were only 20 or so people there for the last game. They are expecting over 200 for the UFC thing.

it's not that Joe is 'dumping us', but just trying to accommodate everyone.

but good luck walking into any normal sports bar in the city as getting a TV to play the TFC game.

i didn't say normal sports-bar i said shoeless joes

Nodoubtguy
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
/\/\/\/\
We've been there on UFC night before (was it last game of season 2??).....it was packed

H Bomb
07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Only 1 out of every 10 MMA fans are less tough than 9 out of 10 soccer fans? Really?

no man you didn't follow...only 1 out of every 10 MMA fans are less tough than 19 out of 20 soccer fans

:D

Bars92
07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
no man you didn't follow...only 1 out of every 10 MMA fans are less tough than 19 out of 20 soccer fans

:D

shouldn't it be taken into account where the soccer fans are from??
and multiply accordingly.

Parkdale
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
i didn't say normal sports-bar i said shoeless joes

you seem to have skimmed over the point.

this is a HUGE night for all sports bar owners (Joe's included) and asking him to give up one of the big screens (that 200+ people want to watch) for us just isn't fair to him. He's going well out of his way to run cables and give us a 'private section'.

the point of the thread was really for people who might not have realized that a big UFC was going on at the same time as TFC, and might have walked into a bar unaware.

now we just need to show the fight night guys how loud we can be!

:scarf:

CretanBull
07-08-2009, 04:01 PM
If 7 UFC fans leave a train station at 7pm travelling West at 70mph and 8 TFC fans leave another train station 100 miles away at 8pm travelling East at 80mph....what happens if it rains Saturday night and the patio at Joes gets dumped on?

zeelaw
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
you seem to have skimmed over the point.

this is a HUGE night for all sports bar owners (Joe's included) and asking him to give up one of the big screens (that 200+ people want to watch) for us just isn't fair to him. He's going well out of his way to run cables and give us a 'private section'.

the point of the thread was really for people who might not have realized that a big UFC was going on at the same time as TFC, and might have walked into a bar unaware.

now we just need to show the fight night guys how loud we can be!

cheers i dont get up to joe's much, guess you'd know better then i would

ochos
07-08-2009, 09:10 PM

I have to say I`m quite pissed at everyone at BOHO.. I showed up for the second half of the RSL v TFC game a week or two ago, and NO ONE WAS WATCHING TV. The owner was wearing a baby blue shirt, and there was Setanta playing on the TV`s.

I asked one of the waitresses if they were showing the game, and she wasn`t even aware of what I was talking about. I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.

I`m not sure if I`ll be heading there anymore.. got the impression the guy could give two fks about TFC, and if that`s the case I could give 2 fks about him.. as much as I like the place.

On a side note.. where were all the Canada fans at Joe`s last night? I went with Rico and a friend - absolutely no one!

ochos
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM

We`ve not exactly been showing up in droves for away TFC or Canada games, and this isn`t just one fight. It`s UFC 100, and GSP (George St. Pierre), the number 1 ranked fighter in the sport, and a Canadian, will be fighting to defend his title.

Yes, expect a bunch of drunken hybrid frat/street boys with tapout shirts to be giving mean looks.. I`m down to show`em how the hoolies do :)

rocker
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM

UFC is overhyped, media created spectacle, populated by ugly, dumb, neanderthal men who get half naked and rub up against each other, and then put their opponents in wrestling moves on the ground where you get to enjoy no movement for 2 minutes while you wonder if the guy will tap out. FUN!

If people cared half as much for a real sport like soccer, a sport that everyone can play, as they do about this media-created faux-violent spectacle, soccer would be on a better footing. But no, they get sucked in with the masses and their UFC pablum.

I'll stick to the beautiful game ;)

Canadian Blue
07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
This is hardly a scheduling conflict.......watch the biggest UFC card in history or another TFC road loss??? I choose UFC

Don Julio
07-09-2009, 12:57 AM
I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.

* bites tongue *

nascarguy
07-09-2009, 01:01 AM
going up north so I'm going to tape the game and UFC or try to find a bar that is playing the fight

lips
07-09-2009, 06:22 AM
I'm going to watch the game at the Ceilidh house and tape UFC and watch it sunday

Afra
07-09-2009, 06:56 AM
I have to admit that I am still undecided. It would have been easier if TFC was away but still against an eastern team, I would have watched both. I think it will end up being a footy weekend (with Canada's game on friday night also) and just save myself the $50 or $60 to get the fight (still cheaper than watching it at a bar). Too bad though, it is an incredible card.

BakaGaijin
07-09-2009, 08:14 AM
UFC is overhyped, media created spectacle, populated by ugly, dumb, neanderthal men who get half naked and rub up against each other, and then put their opponents in wrestling moves on the ground where you get to enjoy no movement for 2 minutes while you wonder if the guy will tap out. FUN!

If people cared half as much for a real sport like soccer, a sport that everyone can play, as they do about this media-created faux-violent spectacle, soccer would be on a better footing. But no, they get sucked in with the masses and their UFC pablum.

:picard:

Congratulations.........you are now the Bob McCowan of the MMA world.

Hooligan69
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
It seems so long since the last TFC game that I was starting to think we're in the off-season.

sulfur
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
TFC? whozzat? :)

Parkdale
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
haha.

also, the INDY is going on this weekend, so expect bad traffic everywhere near the lake / CNE grounds.

Dunc
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM

not sure if serious...

MFBODD
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey, I for one would like to say thanks for the reminder and heads up.

Raging Reggie
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
:picard:

Congratulations.........you are now the Bob McCowan of the MMA world.

hahaha best qoute!

ignorance is bliss i guess!

Super
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I think I'll be watching the TFC game at the Duke.

Redcoe15
07-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Tfc: Yay!

Ufc100: No Way!

Carter
07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
haha.

also, the INDY is going on this weekend, so expect bad traffic everywhere near the lake / CNE grounds.

The Indy should be over by 5 or 6pm though our. But the traffic patterns are definitely messed up.

RedMAN127
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Tfc: Yay!

Ufc100: No Way!

GSP - Canadian World Champion!!! Deserves some support too ... this is what Tivo is for; will make time for both.

Darlofletch
07-10-2009, 07:38 AM
I have to say I`m quite pissed at everyone at BOHO.. I showed up for the second half of the RSL v TFC game a week or two ago, and NO ONE WAS WATCHING TV. The owner was wearing a baby blue shirt, and there was Setanta playing on the TV`s.

I asked one of the waitresses if they were showing the game, and she wasn`t even aware of what I was talking about. I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.

I`m not sure if I`ll be heading there anymore.. got the impression the guy could give two fks about TFC, and if that`s the case I could give 2 fks about him.. as much as I like the place.

On a side note.. where were all the Canada fans at Joe`s last night? I went with Rico and a friend - absolutely no one!

I was in the area last night so popped in to boho to check if they would be showing the game on saturday, and this was almost exactly my experience.

Waitress was clueless, which is fair enough, I'm sure she's a good waitress and knows her stuff about the food and wine they've got.

And the owner/manager guy also gave me the impression he couldn't care less about tfc. He said if it's on tv then they'll show it, but i would definitely expect a bit more enthusiasm, or even the small bit of knowledge that the game was actually on. I guess the tfc scarves he's got up are just for show.

The only positive was that rather than merely ambivalent, he was fully dismissive of ufc, so you can pretty much guarantee that ufc definitely won't be showing there.

Canadian Blue
07-10-2009, 07:54 AM
This is hardly a scheduling conflict.......watch the biggest UFC card in history or another TFC road loss??? I choose UFC

I have changed my mind I think......I will watch the UFC on my PC and the TFC game on the TV or vice versa

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I love Joe's when it's ours. When UFC is on I need an alternative. The Football Factory is more than happy to take my business and puts TFC before UFC as I do.

ilikemusic
07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
UFC is the most boring crap ever.

Parkdale
07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
UFC is the most boring crap ever.

and a lot of people say that about our sport of choice too. It's all relative.

C.Ronaldo
07-10-2009, 12:04 PM
that fad hasnt passed yet?

BakaGaijin
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
and a lot of people say that about our sport of choice too. It's all relative.

Amen.

People who says that UFC is "boring" and a "bloodsport" and all that kinda crap are just like the people who call "soccer" boring and dull.

The reason for both is that they don't understand it and are mainly ignorant.

I used to think that UFC was brutal and that it was unwatchable. I never even watched any of the PPV's during the first 10 + years.

Then when The Ultimate Fighter reality show began, I started to watch it out of curiosity. As I watched that show, I gained an appreciation for the sport because I learned more about it. I understood what the combantants were actually doing when they were "hugging on the ground".

If you have tried to learn about MMA and you still don't like it, I can respect that. However, if you simply put it down because of some kind of elitist attitude.......well, just like Bob MacCown............you are a bit of douche.

(For the record, other than the soccer douchebaggery bit, I do like MacCown).

Pyeddo
07-10-2009, 12:59 PM
People who says that UFC is "boring" and a "bloodsport" and all that kinda crap are just like the people who call "soccer" boring and dull.

The reason for both is that they don't understand it and are mainly ignorant.

Q.F.T.

ilikemusic
07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought this was a football board?

Parkdale
07-10-2009, 01:15 PM
people are bringing up a very valid point - both TFC and UFC are 'fringe' sports here in North America, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge them, just like we ask others to avoid judging us.

tfcleeds
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Just find a pub that doesn't have UFC. Most sports bar type places will have it, but a lot of other smaller pubs won't. And yes, places like Scallywags, Football Factory, the Duke of Gloucester and the like are safe bets for TFC (I would think).

Not going to wade into the whole MMA vs. soccer debate - to each their own. Will just say though that I don't care for MMA at all - I've been basically kicked out of bars while watching footy/college gridiron football and the like, because the hordes came in, and management needed my seat/TV for the MMA fans. Having said that, I do sort of like that Lyoto Machida guy - he's pretty good.

tfcleeds
07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
people are bringing up a very valid point - both TFC and UFC are 'fringe' sports here in North America, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge them, just like we ask others to avoid judging us.

You wouldn't think MMA was fringe walking into most sports bar type joints in Toronto on a Sat night...

Parkdale
07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
You wouldn't think MMA was fringe walking into most sports bar type joints in Toronto on a Sat night...

totally, but it's still a new(ish) sport in the grand scheme of things.

really the only 'non-fringe' sports are baseball, basketball, hockey and American football (at least when it comes to what they play in Toronto sports bars)

ilikemusic
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM

I think the better course of action is to not care what other people think.

I dont care if people think football is boring, why do UFC fans care if I think their game is boring (or excessively violent, sexist, patriarchal, etc...)?

Parkdale
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
the issue at hand is that they are both on the television at the same time.

ilikemusic
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey, all I said was I thought it was boring and for that I was called ignorant. Im just responding to that.

Maple Leaf Red
07-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I was in the area last night so popped in to boho to check if they would be showing the game on saturday, and this was almost exactly my experience.

Waitress was clueless, which is fair enough, I'm sure she's a good waitress and knows her stuff about the food and wine they've got.

And the owner/manager guy also gave me the impression he couldn't care less about tfc. He said if it's on tv then they'll show it, but i would definitely expect a bit more enthusiasm, or even the small bit of knowledge that the game was actually on. I guess the tfc scarves he's got up are just for show.

The only positive was that rather than merely ambivalent, he was fully dismissive of ufc, so you can pretty much guarantee that ufc definitely won't be showing there.

They're probably gifts from the mighty large RPB contingent that goes there to watch Liverpool play every Saturday.

Why would you expect him to show any more enthusiasm for it than any other bar owner? If people start going to watch the games I bet he'll make you more than welcome.

Darlofletch
07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
They're probably gifts from the mighty large RPB contingent that goes there to watch Liverpool play every Saturday.

Why would you expect him to show any more enthusiasm for it than any other bar owner? If people start going to watch the games I bet he'll make you more than welcome.

Because the bar does have scarves up, I presumed it'd be a bit more welcoming than the average bar that doesn't have any outward sign about caring about soccer at all. I guess they're more into the saturday/sunday brunch and epl side of things, which is fair enough, it was my mistake to think that it would cross over to tfc games. Bit of a shame for me personally, cos i thought that had the potential to be a good place for this. I'll still go there for dinner every now and again, but i'll go somewhere else or just stay home to watch tfc games. I imagine that's no skin off their noses at all, so no harm done.

tlear
07-10-2009, 06:24 PM
If GSP (George St Pierre) was not fighting I would watch TFC 100%, but with him on the card I have to stick to UFC. If I go to shoeless maybe I can manage to combine the two

boban
07-10-2009, 06:33 PM
If GSP (George St Pierre) was not fighting I would watch TFC 100%, but with him on the card I have to stick to UFC. If I go to shoeless maybe I can manage to combine the two
Try the SCC.

Cashcleaner
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
So expect alot of flack for being soccer pussies from drunken assholes who are all jacked up from watching the fights. :rolleyes:

The funniest thing is that they all think they can pull off any of the moves they see watching UFC.

"Yeah man, I'm totally gonna arm-bar your ass and clinch you into a submission hold."

They never seem to anticipate your headbutt, though. :D

Hooligan69
07-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I love how the UFC crowd is always so ultra serious while viewing the events. It's rather amusing in a way.

prizby
07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Basically I have confirmation that

Shoeless Joe's at king/dufferin will have the game on the patio
the football factory will have the game
and scallywags will have the game

am i missing any places (i want confirmation)

thanks

tfcleeds
07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Because the bar does have scarves up, I presumed it'd be a bit more welcoming than the average bar that doesn't have any outward sign about caring about soccer at all. I guess they're more into the saturday/sunday brunch and epl side of things, which is fair enough, it was my mistake to think that it would cross over to tfc games. Bit of a shame for me personally, cos i thought that had the potential to be a good place for this. I'll still go there for dinner every now and again, but i'll go somewhere else or just stay home to watch tfc games. I imagine that's no skin off their noses at all, so no harm done.

The guys at BOHO are great blokes...I guess they are just a bit more enthusiastic about their Liverpool than they are about TFC...hey, can you fault them for that? In any case, I imagine if more RPBs showed up for games there, they would have no problem putting the game on...

:flare::scarf:

Super
07-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Basically I have confirmation that

Shoeless Joe's at king/dufferin will have the game on the patio
the football factory will have the game
and scallywags will have the game

am i missing any places (i want confirmation)

thanks

Duke of Gloucester on Yonge. There's always a huge crowd of TFC supporters and the game is on all the TV's.

king dave
07-11-2009, 05:11 PM
The Boho will have the game on tonight.
Just talked too Scouser Mike and he is cool.
http://www.bohobistro.com/
KD.

FluSH
07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I'll be staying at home for this one...

Hooligan69
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I am staying home to watch the game on television as well.

Brooker
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
^^ FTW!

Marco2K
07-11-2009, 06:00 PM
i am gonna stay home and watch this and the UFC fight.

Carts
07-11-2009, 06:33 PM
The Boho will have the game on tonight.
Just talked too Scouser Mike and he is cool.
http://www.bohobistro.com/
KD.

YNWA!

Carts....

CoachGT
07-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Archibalds on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill for those in the area.

ochos
07-11-2009, 08:31 PM
"The guys at BOHO are great blokes...I guess they are just a bit more enthusiastic about their Liverpool than they are about TFC...hey, can you fault them for that? In any case, I imagine if more RPBs showed up for games there, they would have no problem putting the game on..."

That's why I showed up for the RSL v TFC game.. because I went for the Vancouver away game there, and it was filled with TFC fans (including the entertainingly belligerent owner of the Local). Great atmosphere, crappy game.

I figured he would have at least put it up on the big screens at the back, instead of showing replays of Rugby on Setanta....

Bobo
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
A couple buddies went scouting for a place to watch both. Boho wasn't showing the fights and shoeless was beyond packed. Its good to be able to fall back on online streams nowadays. Get to watch both from my couch...for free.

CretanBull
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you Baltimore...now, on to the real game :D

king dave
07-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Just back from the Boho.
Great seeing Techno, Tbird, Ray, Fergus and Mike.
Special thanks to Mike for the Jager shots after each TFC goal:D.
KD.

tfcleeds
07-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Just back from the Boho.
Great seeing Techno, Tbird, Ray, Fergus and Mike.
KD.

Jager shots after each goal? Geez, I knew I should have made the trip over...

etro
07-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Yes, expect a bunch of drunken hybrid frat/street boys with tapout shirts to be giving mean looks.. I`m down to show`em how the hoolies do :)

Until you mess with one that actually trains at an MMA gym and knows their shit.

sulfur
07-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Just back from the Boho.
Glad we didn't end up going there. :D

rocker
07-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Until you mess with one that actually trains at an MMA gym and knows their shit.

every one thinks they train in an MMA gym ;)

tlear
07-12-2009, 10:59 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

death from above :)

Parkdale
07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
A couple buddies went scouting for a place to watch both. Boho wasn't showing the fights and shoeless was beyond packed.

inside it was packed, on the patio there was plenty of space (and a 42 inch Plasma screen for us to watch).

In the end, it was a really enjoyable match.

Deeve
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
inside it was packed, on the patio there was plenty of space (and a 42 inch Plasma screen for us to watch).

In the end, it was a really enjoyable match.

Agreed. TFC, Beer, Patio and a 42" screen.

zeelaw
07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

death from above :)

I'm a semi-fan of UFC, I have roomates who love it. But man Henderson's punch there is straight up horrible.

yes, I undersatnd he had to do it, but that just doesn't look good from a neutrals perspective.