PDA

View Full Version : De Guzman 'leaning to Europe,' not Toronto FC

johnmolinaro
07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
De Guzman told CBCSports.ca that he's "leaning to Europe" and its unlikely he'll sign with TFC. Full story to follow soon....

http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Take it for what it's worth.

John

Shaughno
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
:lol: He's coming, he's going, he's coming, he's going. Make up your damn mind already please. :D

ThunderTundra
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
So he likely got a sweet offer from someone in Europe and is going to take it and sweep our offer under the rug.

Jay P
07-08-2009, 09:35 AM
De Guzman told CBCSports.ca that he's "leaning to Europe" and its unlikely he'll sign with TFC. Full story to follow soon....

John

you are killing the dream :flare:

Steve
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
What is it with the De Guzman family? They seem to love to play with our emotions...

Damien
07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
He's probably going to sign for TFC, he's just tryin to squeeze as much salary out of them by saying this.

flatpicker
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
That's it...

I'm not reading any more threads on De Guzman until the title reads:

"De Guzman signs - Confirmed - Contract Details here - See Photos of De Guzman in new TFC jersey"

boban
07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
That's it...

"De Guzman signs - Confirmed - Contract Details here - See Photos of De Guzman in new TFC jersey"
Are you going to read the thread titled "De Guzman signs with European team XXX"?

johnmolinaro
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
here's the story:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/07/08/sp-deguzman.html

John

H Bomb
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
This whole story seems pretty obvious from the get go. His wants are Europe, his Financial reality is TFC. He's hoping his want becomes his financial reality.

rocker
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
yes., and all these reports are just reports during a negotiation process.
Naturally, some days things will look one way, some days they will look another. that's the way negotiations work.

call me when it's over. give me the final report.

I would just like him to make his decision soon because we need closure. we need this team to move on with its roster for the second part of the season.

SweetOwnGoal
07-08-2009, 10:12 AM
That's it...

This isn't meant as an attack on John - he's doing what he should here, following up with a source to see if stories that are out there are true.

But, this article doesn't contradict anything I or Kristian Jack have said. It's basically another quote from de Guzman saying he's leaning towards Europe, but that TFC has made him an attractive offer.

The CBC is a little more conservative on itsa use of unnamed sources, so Mr. Molinaro's hands are pretty much tied beyond what he's reported here.

de Guzman has been clear on this point all along. But, he doesn't have an offer in Europe. If one comes in the next week he'll stay. If not, he'll come here.

BakaGaijin
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
*yawn*

This "story" is the same old story from the beginning of this saga.

Nothing has changed. He wants to play in Europe, however, has no offers remotely close to what TFC is offering.

If no substantial offers come in from Europe in the next few days, he will sign with TFC.

/close thread

Steve
07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
This isn't meant as an attack on John - he's doing what he should here, following up with a source to see if stories that are out there are true.

But, this article doesn't contradict anything I or Kristian Jack have said. It's basically another quote from de Guzman saying he's leaning towards Europe, but that TFC has made him an attractive offer.

The CBC is a little more conservative on itsa use of unnamed sources, so Mr. Molinaro's hands are pretty much tied beyond what he's reported here.

de Guzman has been clear on this point all along. But, he doesn't have an offer in Europe. If one comes in the next week he'll stay. If not, he'll come here.

Yeah, that's the way I read that article as well. Nothing really new, just him saying the same thing, he wants to go to Spain, TFC is offering him lots of money. That really doesn't say much about the reality of his decision.

So, should we be hoping Canada doesn't make it through the group stage, so JDG had to make up his mind sooner (thereby giving other teams less time to put in an offer)?

(obviously I'm not serious. I'm a big CMNT supporter, it's just funny that the better the CMNT does, the less likely we will see JDG).

FluSH
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM

John

Are you Kidding me?

FluSH
07-08-2009, 10:27 AM
can we just sign that Lambert guy from Bristol Rovers instead... seriously... this is getting ridiculous...

mmmikey
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Lambert is not a free agent so unless we spend half of our salary on his transfer fee HE IS NOT COMING HERE. A Bristol fan used him as an example and everyone jumped on the bandwagon...

In other news, Sevilla just completed the signing of Didier Zokora from Tottenham to serve as their holding mid (my god why, he is not cut out for that). So that's one less team for JDG.

Kind of a double bonus for me, Didier gone and money in Spurs pockets, and 1 less place team in the running. Still would love to see him sign for Spurs, but I doubt that will happen. :(

FluSH
07-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Lambert is not a free agent so unless we spend half of our salary on his transfer fee HE IS NOT COMING HERE. A Bristol fan used him as an example and everyone jumped on the bandwagon...

In other news, Sevilla just completed the signing of Didier Zokora from Tottenham to serve as their holding mid (my god why, he is not cut out for that). So that's one less team for JDG.

Kind of a double bonus for me, Didier gone and money in Spurs pockets, and 1 less place team in the running. Still would love to see him sign for Spurs, but I doubt that will happen. :(

It was only a joke... I have no idea who Lambert is... but did skim through 4 pages of his name! I'm surprised MLSrumours doesn't have him signing with TFC already based on the discussions on this board.

flatpicker
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
can we just sign that Lambert guy from Bristol Rovers instead... seriously... this is getting ridiculous...

we could spend half the amount and get him!
think of the goals!

hahaha!!!

Every thread should be hijacked by Lambert!!!

:D

flatpicker
07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
A Bristol fan used him as an example and everyone jumped on the bandwagon...

Who the hell was that???!!!

nascarguy
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
yeah he could go over there and not play and get paid less.

nascarguy
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm surprised MLSrumours doesn't have him signing with TFC already based on the discussions on this board.
lol yeah i know

olegunnar
07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
what?

gmacpheetfc
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
This is Fatuous Tripe!