PDA

View Full Version : O'Brian White - Check out this goal.

zeelaw
07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I was just browsing through youtube to try and find some O'Brian white goals. Check out this cheeky finish.

il28boGYHa0

BakaGaijin
07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Looks like a poor attempt at a cross to me.

zeelaw
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
hmm maybe. the guy opposite the box wasnt making a backpost run tho

BakaGaijin
07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
hmm maybe. the guy opposite the box wasnt making a backpost run tho

He was headed in that direction when OB last saw him though.

Regardless........I can't wait to see this guy play.

sidney
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
looks like a goal he meant to score to me

dantdot
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Seems deliberate to me, on second viewing I can kind of see the cross thing but don't think it was.

rocker
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
if that wasn't intentional, that was the shittiest cross ever.
looks like he just saw the keeper was too far to the right and tried to loft it.

BakaGaijin
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Except the keeper wasn't out too far. LOL. He pulled a David Seamen v.s. Brazil. He intially came out when the ball was struck, then tried to back pedal, but it was too late......

jazzy
07-07-2009, 03:37 PM
if that wasn't intentional, that was the shittiest cross ever.
looks like he just saw the keeper was too far to the right and tried to loft it.

The 4th pick in a draft, has anyone heard or seen of him since? Wish somebody could enlighten the thought process behind this.

Shakes McQueen
07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
The 4th pick in a draft, has anyone heard or seen of him since? Wish somebody could enlighten the thought process behind this.

I think the thought process went something like this:

"White can't play football with a torn ACL, right? Okay then." :D

- Scott

prizby
07-07-2009, 04:13 PM

canadian passport, counts as a canadian roster spot, not a US or international

the PA announcer sounds like an idiot

Candu_88
07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I took several youth soccer players to the TFC open practice. DeRo and Serioux were rested. All the players were impressive doing the fitness, agility, speed, first touches and passing drills. Dichio played sweeper in the scrimmage and looked amazing. The coaches then focused on finishing. A passing combo leading to a run down the wing and a cross into the box to one lone attacker with no defenders and a keeper. I expected professional players to score most of the time. To be honest, our finishing problems were very apparent in this drill. We were scoring around one in ten attacks:facepalm:.

One player stood out with a respectable finishing rate. That was O'Brian White. Two footed, good volleys, aggressive heading, timed his runs perfectly and well positioned. I rate him as having natural finishing instincts. Can't wait to see him fully fit and playing for the reds.

Manutd #1
07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
white woulda been first overall if he didnt get hurt

jloome
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Looks like a poor attempt at a cross to me.

No way! Total chip.

Limani_Ole
07-08-2009, 03:57 PM
a cross for sure..

C.Ronaldo
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I took several youth soccer players to the TFC open practice. DeRo and Serioux were rested. All the players were impressive doing the fitness, agility, speed, first touches and passing drills. Dichio played sweeper in the scrimmage and looked amazing. The coaches then focused on finishing. A passing combo leading to a run down the wing and a cross into the box to one lone attacker with no defenders and a keeper. I expected professional players to score most of the time. To be honest, our finishing problems were very apparent in this drill. We were scoring around one in ten attacks:facepalm:.

One player stood out with a respectable finishing rate. That was O'Brian White. Two footed, good volleys, aggressive heading, timed his runs perfectly and well positioned. I rate him as having natural finishing instincts. Can't wait to see him fully fit and playing for the reds.

Even dichio stunk it up? :(

zeelaw
07-08-2009, 04:59 PM
It's some Cantona shit right there.

Waggy
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
You guys are arguing over whether that goal was scored on purpose or by accident?! Look, you have to be lucky to be good, you have to be good to be lucky. Whether or not he meant to do it (and I think he did), thats FAR better finishing then we've seen from Vitti (who I love) or Barrett (montreal notwithstanding). I dont care if they meant to or not, a goal is a goal is a goal. Doing it by accident just means you got a nose for the net