PDA

View Full Version : Guevara choosing to miss the Gold Cup...

MUFC_Niagara
07-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I don't know if there has been a thread on this....but it shows his commitment to the club and sets a good standard for a major push in the business end of the season!

Lucky Strike
07-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Wasn't he just not selected? Honduras brought a B team to the Gold Cup so as to not overwork their WCQ players.

James17930
07-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Well, I think there are many factors involved, not just TFC.

1. It gives him an opportunity to go home to see his family;
2. He's still involved with WCQ with Honduras, so he might think this is a good chance for Honduras to test out some of the their younger, up-and-coming players (as many of the teams are doing at this Gold Cup);
3. It's the 'off' year for the Gold Cup anyway -- it's the 2011 one which qualifies the winner for the Confed. Cup in 2013, so he may not think it's all that important.

But I agree with you that TFC would rank in a list like that as well. So yes -- it's a great decision and I'm glad he made it, and it again shows that he's fired up to be at this club and we can stop saying things like 'he's disinterested' blah blah blah. Because I don't think that's been true since he arrived here.

Roogsy
07-06-2009, 12:47 AM
I don't think he was selected rather than he opted out.

The team is simply making it up to him as it would be too much to select him for the WC qualifiers AND the Gold Cup. We would have gone something stupid like 6 or 7 games without him. Just look at Wynne. I barely remember what he looks like! LOL!

Ossington Mental Youth
07-06-2009, 01:29 AM
But I agree with you that TFC would rank in a list like that as well. So yes -- it's a great decision and I'm glad he made it, and it again shows that he's fired up to be at this club and we can stop saying things like 'he's disinterested' blah blah blah. Because I don't think that's been true since he arrived here.

yeah, im pretty tired of people ripping on him, 90% of the time he gives it his all and that 10% hes been exhausted or injured, definitely one of our top players who thoroughly seems to be enjoying his time here

Inswingingwingman
07-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Given the current political crisis in Honduras they may not have a team at all unless they go at gunpoint. Until it is resolved I don't think anyone will be going there

rocker
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
hopefully amado made it back from his holiday there.. i was reading today the airport was shut down as soldiers were on the runway.

El Latin Lover
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't know if there has been a thread on this....but it shows his commitment to the club and sets a good standard for a major push in the business end of the season!

Reinaldo Rueda the national team coach did not choose players from the currently world cup qualifying campaign. He has decided on trying out new talent in the gold cup.

Amado is currently in Honduras he should be back soon.

MUFC_Niagara
07-06-2009, 11:50 PM
In his RSL post game on TFC TV, Cummins mentioned that Guevara chose not to play...

James17930
07-07-2009, 03:47 AM
In his RSL post game on TFC TV, Cummins mentioned that Guevara chose not to play...

Well, it was probably a bit of both. I'm sure if Amado had said to the coach "I really want to play" he would have been the squad.

RicoSuave44
07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow really takes the wind from the Gold Cup's sails with all these players turning down the tourney. Why can't they just have the tourney every 4 years like Euro