PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , July.03

denime
07-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Mornin,

No TFC news fro now.

Building time for Canada at Gold Cup
THE CANADIAN PRESS

CARSON, California -- With a new coach and a roster filled with young players, Canada's senior men's soccer team hopes to build a foundation for the future at the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Interim coach Stephen Hart will guide Canada against Jamaica in the opening match of the tournament on Friday.
The Gold Cup -- the soccer championship for countries in North and Central America and the Caribbean -- will continue for nearly a month in 13 American cities.

Read More (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/07/02/Gold-Cup-Canada-0/)

Gerba scores twice for Canada
TFC striker finds form ahead of Gold Cup
TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC's new striker Ali Gerba scored twice in Canada's final warm-up match ahead of the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup in Oxnard, CA. Canada won 3-0 against Guatemala with Patrice Bernier scoring the other goal.
"In the first half, we played extremely well and created a number of chances, but still lacked that cutting edge in finishing it off," said coach Stephen Hart. "We talked about it at half time. Then in the second half, we kept the tempo of the game high, created the chances, and scored."

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090702&content_id=5657200&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Stouffville_RPB
07-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Morning D

Another SSG that doesn't burn your retna. The Sun stepping things up this week.

GBV
07-03-2009, 07:10 AM
another case of "perty girl, hideous outfit."

for proof, see pics five to 11.

Carter
07-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Morning Guys,

Canada game day today, its going to be a long one in the office today!

ensco
07-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Morning Guys,

Canada game day today, its going to be a long one in the office today!

I haven't gotten the bitterness of the WCQ fiasco out of my system. Not paying much attention to this.

rocker
07-03-2009, 07:28 AM
who cares about the gold cup really? not me.
but i'm interested in seeing Ali Gerba play.

daner90
07-03-2009, 07:33 AM
GERBAAAA!

Great smile on the SSG, im a sucker for a great smile!

keem-o-sabi
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
coed girl (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

Carter
07-03-2009, 08:07 AM
coed girl (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

HOLY SIDEBOOB BATMAN! :ihih: :ihih: :ihih:

tfcleeds
07-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Any way to catch the Gold Cup game on TV tonight? GOL TV?

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
now that is one of the best looking Sunshine Girls I've seen.
she's hot in that natural girl next door kinda way.

oh... and Go Canada!

denime
07-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Any way to catch the Gold Cup game on TV tonight? GOL TV?

Rogers Sportsnet at 8PM.

BakaGaijin
07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
who cares about the gold cup really? not me.
but i'm interested in seeing Ali Gerba play.

People who consider themselves Canadian and supporters of the sport in this country.

Marco2K
07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
hey baka. People can only put up with so much bullshit.

GO GERBA GO

Fort York Redcoat
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
People who consider themselves Canadian and supporters of the sport in this country.

Well said Baka.

Allez Les Rouges!!!:canada::canada::canada:

ecospice
07-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Mornin,

No TFC news fro now.

Nigel's Blog is up on CBCSports.ca - its a mid-term report on the team.

:scarf:

BakaGaijin
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
hey baka. People can only put up with so much bullshit.

GO GERBA GO

I am sick and tired of people using the CSA as a scapegoat. Sure, they are a horribly run and under-funded organization of fools. I don't argue that.

However, either you are proud to be a Canadian and you support your country and the boys that wear the jersey, or you go live somewhere else for all I care.

I am proud to be Canadian and I am proud to support my National team....even if we really, really suck.

SilverSamurai
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I am sick and tired of people using the CSA as a scapegoat. Sure, they are a horribly run and under-funded organization of fools. I don't argue that.

However, either you are proud to be a Canadian and you support your country and the boys that wear the jersey, or you go live somewhere else for all I care.

I am proud to be Canadian and I am proud to support my National team....even if we really, really suck.
+1
:flare::canada:

scooter
07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
afternoon d

rocker
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM

Gold Cup I don't care about. But last I checked, I was born in Canada and a supporter of the sport in this country.

Marco2K
07-03-2009, 05:52 PM

I dont have to move somewhere else because i think the CSA is a JOKE. Lets be serious. Why would u be crazy for a team that did not even quAlify for the qualifying round for the world cup

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Cant really be bothered about canada results anymore...the CSA and the players dont really seem to care so they have ruined the experience of following Canada.. Would like to see a Mexico-US final (more then Likely)
has it will create interest in Concacaf....Mexico to beat the Yanks in the final 3-1

Bobo
07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Gold Cup I don't care about. But last I checked, I was born in Canada and a supporter of the sport in this country.

So when do you get the chance to support our boys then? Once every four years? There isn't much else, not even a friendly. We've supported TFC for three years now, low expectations doesn't mean you don't support.

Roogsy
07-03-2009, 06:46 PM
So when do you get the chance to support our boys then? Once every four years? There isn't much else, not even a friendly. We've supported TFC for three years now, low expectations doesn't mean you don't support.

^ Good post.

I agree.

I can support the boys on the field without agreeing with the executive. This applies to all teams I may choose to follow. The Leafs, TFC, the CMNT. My support isn't for the General Manager, the Director of Football or the beaurocracy of the CSA, it's for the guys who go out and play their hearts out.

To not support the guys on the pitch because of the stupidity of a group of beaurocrats that don't put on a kit and don't give their all on the field....well...I can't respect that.