PDA

View Full Version : Houston Game = No Alcohol

Pages : [1] 2

kodiakTFC
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Can't tell you how I know, not sure if it has even been released publicly, but if it hasn't here it goes... the Houston game coming up will be an alcohol free day at BMO Field.

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii151/joacovidal/no_beer.jpg

=

http://www.e3media.co.uk/blogImages/sad_face_thumb.jpg

Yohan
07-03-2009, 12:45 AM
well. i guess this makes boycott of MLSE merchandise easier...

WHITEY
07-03-2009, 12:48 AM
You mean I'll be leaving BMO with money in my pocket? Nice!

drek
07-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Sweet Jesus

Damien
07-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Are we still allowed sniffing white-out between chants?

onemanbarmyarmy
07-03-2009, 05:49 AM
That's the best because that is my wedding day so all the guys who had to miss that game now at least can thank me for missing the "DRY" game.

Afra
07-03-2009, 05:52 AM
My liver will be full of booze, enough to carry me for a couple of hours.

FluSH
07-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Can't tell you how I know, not sure if it has even been released publicly, but if it hasn't here it goes... the Houston game coming up will be an alcohol free day at BMO Field.

WOW

It's ok I have this:

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/07/09/orvis-huge-flask.jpg

Sufficient enough for all of 112~

edit: To the Yellows... this is just a light hearted joke. Please do not tackle me, put me in a DoubleNelson or have me tazed. Thank You

Mikey
07-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Not there for the beer, so no problems as far as I'm concerned.

King Tut
07-03-2009, 06:43 AM

Exactly.

MG42
07-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I wonder if they were told what game had to be dry, because from a $$$ sense it would be better to have a dry game in october.

Hitcho
07-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't go for the beer either, at BMO Field prices it would be crazy for anyone to go for the beer, but man does it help moisten the throat on a hot day to power on the vocal support.

Is this because someone served some under age kids with beer or something? Can't remember the details of why we got hit with the ban.

Nodoubtguy
07-03-2009, 07:46 AM
considering I have maybe 2 beers a season at BMO, I think I'll survive.

JonO
07-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow - a 1:00pm game in July would probably have been the biggest sales day of the year... I agree with MG42 on this one...

TFC Cityboy
07-03-2009, 08:01 AM
not a problem. Always been more into "coffees" pre-game anyway.
:)

Carter
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't go for the beer either, at BMO Field prices it would be crazy for anyone to go for the beer, but man does it help moisten the throat on a hot day to power on the vocal support.

Is this because someone served some under age kids with beer or something? Can't remember the details of why we got hit with the ban.

The sale never game during a TFC game, it was during a different game, i didn't think we would be affected by it.

Oh well, my birthday game too, i guess no beers for the birthday boy haha.:rolleyes:

koryo
07-03-2009, 08:07 AM
More money for the pub. No problems here :)

King Tut
07-03-2009, 08:11 AM

There's always water...:)

MrHawk
07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Perfect, no idiots throwing beer :)

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 08:12 AM

Exactly.

There's a big difference between enjoying a beer at the game and actually going there for the beer.

I mean, come on...

You actually think people go to BMO because they want to drink beer???

Pigfynn
07-03-2009, 08:18 AM
^^If I was driving from Kitchener to Toronto 15-18 times a season just to drink beer it sure as hell wouldn't be to drink at BMO field.

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
^ Amen brother!

Perhaps Mikey and Tut were worried we might doubt their support if they admitted to drinking beer at games?

Yeoman
07-03-2009, 08:22 AM

but that's why I go to games now
so i can try and find beer throwers
i'm kind of heart broken now

Pigfynn
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Beer and football/sports go together in some cultures and not in others, it's as simple as that. We can stop trying to convince each other what is right or wrong.

Some will drink, some won't it doesn't make you a better or worse supporter either way and you're a fool if you think so.

TorontoBlades
07-03-2009, 08:26 AM
haha MLSE boycotted you biatches right back

Oldtimer
07-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Don't worry, to keep ML$E happy, instead of one $9.50 beer, you can always buy two $4.50 Cokes!

Gobi
07-03-2009, 08:47 AM
That's the best because that is my wedding day so all the guys who had to miss that game now at least can thank me for missing the "DRY" game.

Wow, congrats Barmy!

Hooligan69
07-03-2009, 08:48 AM
You actually think people go to BMO because they want to drink beer???

It sure as hell seems that way sometimes. People drunk off their ass and not even caring about what's happening on the pitch. Not everyone obviously, but some.

king dave
07-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I'll be very, very close to the-lower-east-sider for this one:D.
KD.

Chevy
07-03-2009, 08:59 AM

Dude, you planned your wedding before you looked at the schedule?
:picard:

olegunnar
07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
It sure as hell seems that way sometimes. People drunk off their ass and not even caring about what's happening on the pitch. Not everyone obviously, but some.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH WHEN THE REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO MARCHING IN!!
THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YOU REF!
WEST SIDE STAND UP
EAST SIDE STAND UP
WHOA DUDE I"M SO DRUNK!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Followed by people posting the day after the game that they had missed goals because they were off getting a beer.

nascarguy
07-03-2009, 09:05 AM
we should have more then 1 game dry. I do not care if we had a dry season

Bluenose13
07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
FUCK.......I love Beer & I really love a cold beer at the game.......FUCK

Bluenose13
07-03-2009, 09:12 AM
we sould have more then 1 game dry. I do not care if we had a dry seasonSomeone should sell you an "H" :D

nascarguy
07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Someone should sell you an "H" :D
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it:hump: go have a beer you drunk...lol

phonzo
07-03-2009, 09:23 AM
I thought it was the women's national game that was dry this year....

meh whatever...tailgate will be serving a great breakfast with coffees..so what more do you need?

Yeoman
07-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought it was the women's national game that was dry this year....

meh whatever...tailgate will be serving a great breakfast with coffees..so what more do you need?

chaps
ass less of course

Brooker
07-03-2009, 09:29 AM

yeah.. now they'll be throwing pop... and a lot more cuz its cheaper! :D

this is gonna be worse cuz people are gonna show up at the game drunk instead of getting drunk AT the game. jesus this should be entertaining!

Redpunkfiddle
07-03-2009, 09:33 AM
There are 4 dry events required as I understand it. And they have to be in someway equal to the value of the event which they were punished for- they can't assign them all to the bridge club nights, for example....

Yeoman
07-03-2009, 09:33 AM
naw i'm being cautiously optimistic that the retards that buy game day tickets from scalpers, won't know that.
i bet i could ask a few of my buddies that have seasons, and they wouldn't know unless i told them.

C.Ronaldo
07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
its gonna smell like that funny stuff those crazy kids smoke on that day

Boudge
07-03-2009, 09:35 AM
I guess pre drinking will take on a whole new meaning on this day

Kevvv
07-03-2009, 09:37 AM
There's always water...:)

Over $3 for Dasani? I'd rather drink Brampton tap water before it's been filtered and bottled (and marked-up). Beer is a much better bargain.

Carter
07-03-2009, 09:41 AM
There has been no official press release yet, but they will probably leave it until July 17th at 530pm to make the announcement

Brooker
07-03-2009, 09:43 AM
now THIS deserves a protest. :D

Toronto_Bhoy
07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Problem solved Geoff!

www.thebeerbelly.com

http://www.thebeerbelly.com/EasyEditor/assets/motivator3068094.jpg

BTDnwGZM2C4

Pachuco
07-03-2009, 09:55 AM
That sucks

MG42
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
don't worry they'll announce a player signing to cool everyone off :lol:

Pookie
07-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Brings to mind a bit of a classic video:

YXfOSXsOhKk

eustacchio
07-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Over $3 for Dasani? I'd rather drink Brampton tap water before it's been filtered and bottled (and marked-up). Beer is a much better bargain.

Not to mention that Coca-Cola puts salt in Dasani. It's water that makes you thirsty.

BFin
07-03-2009, 10:11 AM
So someone bought a beer underage at a different event at BMO and there is no beer for a TFC game??
Kind of weird logic, but alright.
Just have to bring a flask in and buy a pop lol.

GhostKiller
07-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know why we are having a dry day?
I can't believe some people are even supporting this. I'm in favor of not dishing out duckets to MLSE, but not one of you can deny that beer is a part of game day for most. Weather you have a couple beers or 10, its a part of the game day experience in this country. Nothing better then a tall Canadian beer and TFC soccer on a sunny Toronto afternoon.

13CP
07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I used to work at BMO. The basic rules are:

-cutting people off at the 65th.
- no underage
- people can carry on their person no more than 2 beers at any given time.

There were undercover AGCO people sprinkled all across the ground and BMO were warned multiple times. I guess the undercovers realized there was no real solution being sought and decided to make it a dry game.

King Tut
07-03-2009, 10:19 AM
^ Amen brother!

Perhaps Mikey and Tut were worried we might doubt their support if they admitted to drinking beer at games?

Tell me you're kidding...:facepalm:

Those who are in 127, can tell you that I have never bought a beer at BMO and don't drink at the stadium...

Has nothing to do with support....I am not worried about what anyone thinks of my support, even though I'd say I'm top notch...Many people know me and can vouche for my "support" lol ;)

prizby
07-03-2009, 10:21 AM
new banner idea:

We aren't singing, until the beer gets flowing

btw, I can confirm that there will be no alcohol at BMO Field that day...I just asked somebody, massively disappointed

King Tut
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM

YXfOSXsOhKk

My cold-blooded cameo! :D

prizby
07-03-2009, 10:33 AM
The Reason For The Dry Game Is They Were Caught Selling To Underagers!!!

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-03-2009, 10:38 AM
lol... so we get punished for the stupidity of the beer vendors? Nice.

TFC Tifoso
07-03-2009, 10:41 AM
guys, this isn't new.....happened at ACC and Rogers Centre, why should it be any different for BMO Field? It's not the end of the world......

stretchthetruth
07-03-2009, 10:42 AM
OH GOD NO!!! not 17/18 year olds drinking BEER!?!?! what is our society coming to? we should raise the drinking age to 24 like they wanted to in the states all those years ago... what a fucking joke... but hey they cant stop you from showing up piss-ass hammered, can they? or are they going to try to say that YOU have to be dry too? who would be surprised? and the 'undercover' ACGO agents can go back to their desks and stop playing cloak and dagger at the stadium, douchebags...

King Tut
07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
guys, this isn't new.....happened at ACC and Rogers Centre, why should it be any different for BMO Field? It's not the end of the world......

Thank You man...

Oh my god, it's the end of the world because there's a beer ban for one fucking game!!! LOOOOOOOOOL

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

MFBODD
07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
OH GOD NO!!! not 17/18 year olds drinking BEER!?!?! what is our society coming to? we should raise the drinking age to 24 like they wanted to in the states all those years ago... what a fucking joke... but hey they cant stop you from showing up piss-ass hammered, can they? or are they going to try to say that YOU have to be dry too? who would be surprised? and the 'undercover' ACGO agents can go back to their desks and stop playing cloak and dagger at the stadium, douchebags...

Yes they can. Well, they can stop you from entering or kick you out if you're having issues walking, etc.

Get In There
07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Thank You man...

Oh my god, it's the end of the world because there's a beer ban for one fucking game!!! LOOOOOOOOOL

what if there was an 'erb' ban?

;)

B

boomcha
07-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh my god I can't spend $13 for a beer!! ;) ... Thats ok I will just drink before hand and after..

olegunnar
07-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Thank You man...

Have an undermanned roster
An underperforming FO
Have a crap team
Bend over the STH for the Real Madrid Game
Move games with less than 3 weeks notice
Pack a 2 week stretch with 5-6 games
Contract crap security who can't do their job
Raise ticket prices eventhough the team is shit
Win the Canada cup vs USL teams on goal difference, and in part because one USL team played their CSL team.

That's all okay..the RPB will "try" to cut back on concessions and merch...it's hard though because you know it's all about "the boys...on the field"

But take away the Beer? Holy shit! The humanity of it all!

ilikemusic
07-03-2009, 11:01 AM

YXfOSXsOhKk

:lol:

I love how he pops up at the end and walks away like he didnt spend the last two minutes waiting for the ground to stop spinning.

:lol:

Dry game means nothing to me. Beer is too expensive and im not a big drinker to begin with.

King Tut
07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
what if there was an 'erb' ban?

;)

B

There's no weed allowed obviously in the stadium, so I don't see where you're coming from. And smokers (weed) don''t exactly have things their way anyway. Weed isn't exactly legal and those of us who smoke it, have to be "careful" sometimes. Even if weed was allowed in the stadium, and there was a weed ban, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me or anyone who smokes....I don't need to smoke during matches (when watching on TV), to enjoy the match...

And how did you know I smoke the 'erb'? :D

King Tut
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
An underperforming FO
Have a crap team
Win the Canada cup vs USL teams on goal difference, and in part because one USL team played their CSL team.

That's all okay..the RPB will "try" to cut back on concessions and merch...it's hard though because you know it's all about "the boys...on the field"

Seconded....

Get In There
07-03-2009, 11:12 AM
There's no weed allowed obviously in the stadium, so I don't see where you're coming from. And smokers (weed) don''t exactly have things their way anyway. Weed isn't exactly legal and those of us who smoke it, have to be "careful" sometimes. Even if weed was allowed in the stadium, and there was a weed ban, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me or anyone who smokes....I don't need to smoke during matches (when watching on TV), to enjoy the match...

And how did you know I smoke the 'erb'? :D

......just jokes Tut...about you bust'n b@alls when I figure you don't really drink.

dude....it's not like you hide it....we shared some of ours with you @ Cbus (V. 1.o)

B

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Tell me you're kidding...:facepalm:

ummm... yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I figured my comment was far enough overboard to be seen as such.

Next time I will remember to add one of these:

:D

or this:

or either of these two winky things:

;):smilewinkgrin:

King Tut
07-03-2009, 11:13 AM
ummm... yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I figured my comment was far enough overboard to be seen as such.

Next time I will remember to add one of these:

:D

or this:

or either of these two winky things:

;):smilewinkgrin:

Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha

King Tut
07-03-2009, 11:16 AM
......just jokes Tut...about you bust'n b@alls when I figure you don't really drink.

dude....it's not like you hide it....we shared some of ours with you @ Cbus (V. 1.o)

B

hahahahaha I know. I had a feeling we smoked a J together once. :D

Was just trying to remember where and when...I can't even count the number of people that we smoked with on game day or on a road trip. The number could be in the multiple hundreds...:canada:

Get In There
07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
hahahahaha I know. I had a feeling we smoked a J together once. :D

Was just trying to remember where and when...I can't even count the number of people that we smoked with on game day or on a road trip. The number could be in the multiple hundreds...:canada:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP7AJiQM2R

Steve Martin - King Tut

And yes, I'm too stoned to figure out how to post a you tube link

B

B

Brooker
07-03-2009, 11:29 AM
An underperforming FO
Have a crap team

the beer makes the "product" on the turf much easier to enjoy. watching a game sober would make you realize how shit we actually are. :D

Maple Leaf Red
07-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, they could stop you from showing up piss-ass hammered for public drunkeness which is a fine and they can toss you in the drunk tank.

The law's the law even if you find it inconvenient.

stretchthetruth
07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, they could stop you from showing up piss-ass hammered for public drunkeness which is a fine and they can toss you in the drunk tank.

The law's the law even if you find it inconvenient.

jesus guys, you know what i'm saying... anyway i dont usually buy beers down there either... just hold your breath and walk straight to your seat... and i would argue that most people find the LLA archaic and 'inconvenient'... but hey, we're toronto the good, with a liquor 'control' board in our province...

rocker
07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
i dunno about you guys, but I almost never drink at BMO or even beforehand, and I enjoy myself thoroughly. why? cuz the sport is my drug. the hate for teams like the Red Bulls and the Limp Act is my drug. I don't need "help" from any liquid. I actually catch myself turning into a maniac at BMO (yelling, heckling, getting pissed at the opposition) while totally sober.

Oldtimer
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
i dunno about you guys, but I almost never drink at BMO or even beforehand, and I enjoy myself thoroughly. why? cuz the sport is my drug. the hate for teams like the Red Bulls and the Limp Act is my drug. I don't need "help" from any liquid. I actually catch myself turning into a maniac at BMO (yelling, heckling, getting pissed at the opposition) while totally sober.

+1

I don't go to BMO to drink. I go to enjoy the game.

deltox
07-03-2009, 02:18 PM
what about free water......did they get that going yet?

flatpicker
07-03-2009, 02:49 PM
+1

I know you're just pointing out that beer is not a necessary requirement for good support...

But by saying "I don't go to BMO to drink" kinda implies that others do.

You would have to be an oil baron, or MLSE exec to choose BMO as your drinking destination.

onemanbarmyarmy
07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow, congrats Barmy!

Why thank you.

bertal
07-03-2009, 02:58 PM

qft?

stretchthetruth
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
+1

i find that being drunk actually decreases my enjoyment of the game... when i'm sober, or close to it, i'm able to see plays develop, and get more of a feel for whats going on... a couple of drinks is nice, but too much, and i dont concentrate very well...

that being said, 18 year olds sneaking beers at the game is a bit of a lame reason to have a dry game. just saying...

Kevvv
07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
what about free water......did they get that going yet?

hit or miss - some concessions do, others look at you like you asked them how hot dogs are made

Kevvv
07-03-2009, 03:05 PM
that being said, 18 year olds sneaking beers at the game is a bit of a lame reason to have a dry game. just saying...

AGCO doesn't allow beer to be passed to minors. As was mentioned, BMO was warned about this. It's as lame as the laws that prevent (US-style) tailgating

Gobi
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM

They ID me every single time ...and I'm 33 and look it.
How could they miss a real underager?
Sheesh.

Detroit_TFC
07-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Someone should drop a tip to local drinking establishments that pregame festivities may be substantially larger than usual on 7/18. It takes forever to get served at the Brazen Head before the game already.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Sheesh.

2 minutes for looking so good Gobi! Standing next to Koryo doesn't help!:)

Oldtimer
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM

I won't just imply it, I'll say it right out. Not your typical person on this board, but I've seen people drinking themselves into quite a state, all the while managing to miss most of the game. Typically they are randoms who buy from the scalpers.

Brooker
07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
I won't just imply it, I'll say it right out. Not your typical person on this board, but I've seen people drinking themselves into quite a state, all the while managing to miss most of the game.

welcome to a sporting event. :o

TFC RealDeal RPB
07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
i don't give a fuck, i don't buy beer at BMO anyway. It might be good b/c people will chant more then drink there beer

AdamZ
07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
welcome to a sporting event. :o

:rolleyes:

I have been to many sporting events sober.

If you are truly there for the game, then you wouldn't put such an emphasis on being sober. It is blatantly obvious that a lot of people go to BMO shitfaced to party, basically, and miss everything that happens that is actually relevant to the sport.

I like beer as much as anyone, like sports as much as anyone, but the suggestion that sports and being drunk off your ass go hand in hand naturally is laughable and utterly pathetic.

Brooker
07-03-2009, 05:43 PM
:rolleyes:

I have been to many sporting events sober.

If you are truly there for the game, then you wouldn't put such an emphasis on being sober. It is blatantly obvious that a lot of people go to BMO shitfaced to party, basically, and miss everything that happens that is actually relevant to the sport.

I like beer as much as anyone, like sports as much as anyone, but the suggestion that sports and being drunk off your ass go hand in hand naturally is laughable and utterly pathetic.

jesus adamz.... not having a good one i take it?

i don't recall ever going to a sporting events/concerts where i didn't see numerous drunks around...

but since you feel so passionatly about this... i'll just agree with you.

AdamZ
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
i don't recall ever going to a sporting events/concerts where i didn't see numerous drunks around...

I haven't either. I think I misunderstood your post. And yes, life has been shit to me all week.

grizzle
07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I think this is disappointing. I don't go for the beer, but on a nice hot day in the sun a beer goes down so nicely. In Argentina all of the games are dry, and I don't think it affects the atmosphere (there it probably saves lives), but here I have become accustomed to having a beer while watching the game so I think it is going to be weird having this taken away.

Cuchulain
07-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Where's that fake beer belly wine skin of mine?

GBV
07-03-2009, 07:58 PM

that's pretty wild...considering i've not seen anybody who looks under 25 not get their ID checked. sometimes twice.
someone really shit the bed on that one.

grizzle
07-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I think the beer vendors are pretty anal about checking ID so are they sure it was a direct sale or was it someone passing booze off to a minor?

JonO
07-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Sheesh.
You're only 33? :jaw:

I kid... I kid.... :hide:

MUFC_Niagara
07-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Exactly, one less thing for people to throw on the pitch or liquid courage to help them throw other shit on the pitch. Hopefully the word gets out and people who use BMO as their afternoon night club will stay away!

Sally Mack
07-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I have to agree with how tight they've been on id'ing at the games. I'd be very surprised if the ban is a result of selling to minors.

Though I have to say, at the zidane game I went up twice, both times not being asked for id, which I found odd. I figured they're not under as much scrutiny for these events as they are for tfc games. Guess I'll have to have a few coffees before the match.

Shep
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Until they serve Guinness, every match is dry for me :(

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: :drinking::drinking::drinking:

Brooker
07-04-2009, 08:45 AM
that's pretty wild...considering i've not seen anybody who looks under 25 not get their ID checked. sometimes twice.

it could be a case of people who are of age buying for underage kids. then the kids get ID'd and they're busted.

happens all the time

Pookie
07-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't really mind this ban as opposed to some of the other bans they try to enforce:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as a reminder today's match is alcohol and goal free... Starting at Forward, Number 19, Chad..... "

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-04-2009, 09:35 AM

thank god..

prizby
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM

i know its pretty wild, i thought they were, frankly, really good at this, they even did random spot checks (and i saw underagers caught like this) to make sure people weren't just handing off their beers to underagers

Gixmo
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
The road trip to each game warrants a dry day for myself, unless I'm staying in TDot overnight. Don't bother me. Shitty it's a July day, but it's not the end of the world,

Could be worse, It could be a closed doors match (ie : Flare boys punishment ) etc.. The morale is, not the end of the world.

twistedchinaman
07-05-2009, 03:04 PM

There is always another tossable liquid in a container, my friend. :D

james
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
who cares, beer prices at BMO field are a rip off anyways. I usually just drink before and after the game, usually not durring the game!

james
07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I think this is disappointing. I don't go for the beer, but on a nice hot day in the sun a beer goes down so nicely. In Argentina all of the games are dry, and I don't think it affects the atmosphere (there it probably saves lives), but here I have become accustomed to having a beer while watching the game so I think it is going to be weird having this taken away.

aregentina has the craziest atmosphere in the world. So just shows you dont need alcahol at the stadium to have a great atmosphere. And if you want to get drunk at a game you could always drink just before the match starts!

FluSH
07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
This thread reminds me of the offseason...

oooh How much I dread it...

Oldtimer
07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
One good side to no beer is that the water fountains around 114 will now be unobstructed...

grizzle
07-06-2009, 10:25 AM
One good side to no beer is that the water fountains around 114 will now be unobstructed...

It should also reduce the lines in the washrooms.

phonzo
07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
this thread is still going...wtf... discussions when there isn't much to be discussed are amazing..

no beer..you will survive. Enjoy the day!

Carter
07-06-2009, 10:32 AM
this thread is still going...wtf... discussions when there isn't much to be discussed are amazing..

no beer..you will survive. Enjoy the day!

sunshine and lollipops?

JonO
07-06-2009, 10:34 AM
sunshine and lollipops?
The way this summer is going, I'd buy some sunshine.... Do they sell lollipops at BMO?

Carter
07-06-2009, 10:40 AM
The way this summer is going, I'd buy some sunshine.... Do they sell lollipops at BMO?

We could start a petition and get 10500 people to sign and possibly they will sell them next year... that sounds like too much work, ill bring a couple to the tailgate for you JonO how does that sound?

JonO
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
We could start a petition and get 10500 people to sign and possibly they will sell them next year... that sounds like too much work, ill bring a couple to the tailgate for you JonO how does that sound?
I'm bringing the little guy on the 18th for his birthday, so it sounds awesome :D

bertal
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Until they serve Guinness, every match is dry for me :(

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: :drinking::drinking::drinking:

TRUTH!

nancymiranda
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
WOW

It's ok I have this:

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/07/09/orvis-huge-flask.jpg

Sufficient enough for all of 112~

edit: To the Yellows... this is just a light hearted joke. Please do not tackle me, put me in a DoubleNelson or have me tazed. Thank You

lol.... if you don't want to be caught with that... try the beer bra!
http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/beer_bra.jpg

fetajr
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
aregentina has the craziest atmosphere in the world. So just shows you dont need alcahol at the stadium to have a great atmosphere. And if you want to get drunk at a game you could always drink just before the match starts!

whoaaaaaa... the violence that would occur if alcohol were to be served in stadiums in south america and europe would be mind blowing...its better they dont drink in the stadiums there.

:drinking:

cmonyoureds
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm surprised how many people here are so against compulsive and excessive beer drinking. Don't you realize those "idiots" help keep the profit margin in check, and therefore my ticket price lower?

RedsYNWA
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM
So any news on this ??? lately

DichioTFC
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090713&content_id=5862544&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Important announcement from BMO Field

Stadium alcohol service suspension date set

07/13/2009 4:28 PM

BMO Field announced Monday that there will be a suspension in alcohol service at the venue on Saturday, July 18 during the Toronto FC versus Houston Dynamo match.

The suspension, issued by Ontario's Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO), results from a violation of Section 30(4) of the Liquor Licence Act, which makes it an offence to permit a person appearing to be under 19 years of age to consume or possess alcohol on the premises. The incident occurred on May 21, 2008.

"The incident was regrettable, but we agreed with the AGCO that the consumption of alcohol by minors cannot be tolerated and we accept the suspension. We take this matter very seriously and will continue to work closely with the AGCO and its representatives to ensure that the sale and service of alcohol at BMO Field is conducted both professionally and responsibly," said Bob Hunter, executive vice- president of Venues and Entertainment for Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
BMO Field is managed by Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment Ltd., on behalf of the Board of Governors of Exhibition Place.

Fans attending the Toronto FC versus Houston Dynamo game are encouraged to arrive early to ensure they are able to get through multiple security checkpoints and to their seats on time prior to kickoff. Gates will open at 11:30 a.m. Game time is 1 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
:(

James Oliphant
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Good....maybe now people will RETAIN THE SONGS and sing them properly!

Sincerely,
Haven't had a drop at BMO Field since October 20, 2007

Ryan1984
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
confirmed on http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090713&content_id=5862544&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

They want every one there early so be prepared for pat downs

Raging Reggie
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
fuck! the only good thing about this is at least the kick of is early afternoon i guess. Its a rough rest of the day when you start your drinking at 9-10am when you first wake up :P

Yeoman
07-13-2009, 05:12 PM
yeah have fun patting me down
i'm just saying have fun
you know
smile
cuz i'm making sure they check every where

Hitcho
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
ah crap

Redpunkfiddle
07-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Thats weird- they finally open the gates an hour and a half before on the day they have to be dry?

Hitcho
07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
ah crap

DichioTFC
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
confirmed on http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090713&content_id=5862544&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

They want every one there early so be prepared for pat downs

No alcohol PLUS getting felt up by your friendly local BMO field rent-a-cop?? Glad I bought tickets to this game!!

Daveisonfire
07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Good

DichioTFC
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I know you're just pointing out that beer is not a necessary requirement for good support...

You would have to be an oil baron, or MLSE exec to choose BMO as your drinking destination.

LOL... i have a confession... i go to BMO to drink... $40 worth of beer for me and the lady friend each game...I'm so ashamed...
:facepalm:

DichioTFC
07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Thats weird- they finally open the gates an hour and a half before on the day they have to be dry?

its for the pat downs so nobody's smuggling flasks or bottles of any sort.

prizby
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
The suspension, issued by Ontario's Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO), results from a violation of Section 30(4) of the Liquor Licence Act, which makes it an offence to permit a person appearing to be under 19 years of age to consume or possess alcohol on the premises. The incident occurred on May 21, 2008.

it took them over a year to penalize bmo field, wtf?

Carter
07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
it took them over a year to penalize bmo field, wtf?

The offense needs to be served after a decision is handed down.

And if you read the wording of the Section 30(4) "which makes it an offence to permit a person appearing to be under 19 years of age to consume or possess alcohol on the premises"

Gotta love the government, if you look under 19, then the venue can still be ticketed.

rocker
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
guess I shouldn't wear underwear on saturday... gotta love a pat down! ahhahaha

Limestone
07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
"Fans attending the Toronto FC versus Houston Dynamo game are encouraged to arrive early to ensure they are able to get through multiple security checkpoints and to their seats on time prior to kickoff."

Anyone else think they are opening early hoping to make up the profit loss from the (overpriced) beer, on merchandise? Seems pretty obvious. I am not upset with being let in early, prefer it actually.

BuSaPuNk
07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
They couldn't fucking have it during the lacross game could they? Of course the one time i'll have some money to get some brews.

phonzo
07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
They couldn't fucking have it during the lacross game could they? Of course the one time i'll have some money to get some brews.

save it to buy more brews post game?

phonzo
07-13-2009, 09:09 PM

And if you read the wording of the Section 30(4) "which makes it an offence to permit a person appearing to be under 19 years of age to consume or possess alcohol on the premises"

Gotta love the government, if you look under 19, then the venue can still be ticketed.

shit they probably saw me walk by...damn you!!!

Oldtimer
07-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Everyone needs to come early for this game. Expect a very careful check (for contraband).

brad
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Anyone else think they are opening early hoping to make up the profit loss from the (overpriced) beer, on merchandise? Seems pretty obvious. I am not upset with being let in early, prefer it actually.

No, they are opening early because everyone will be searched for alcohol multiple times to ensure that no one sneaks any in. They will be in deep trouble if people get caught with alcohol in the stadium.

Yeoman
07-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Everyone needs to come early for this game. Expect a very careful check (for contraband).

see this is what i'm curious of
is it careful like say how i would do a search?
or careful like i got searched when i went to white heart lane for the derby (which was a joke by the by)
i'm going to kick a hornets nest if they're searching me and do a shit job. i'm not bringing in anything illegal either way, i'm just saying you can do a proper search and make sure there's nothing in the same time frame it'll take them to do their half assed ones like i've had in the past.

BuSaPuNk
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
save it to buy more brews post game?

Coming right back after the game....oh well.....saved money is always good too. Just looking forward to the game havn't gone since NY was here.

KrazyKanadian
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
It is what it is.

Kevvv
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
It is what it is.

Is this going on the NEE scarf next year?

Kevvv
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Yeah, but:

Reliance on documentation
(6) (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/french/elaws_statutes_90l19_f.htm#s30s6) A person who sells or supplies liquor to another person, permits another person to have or consume liquor in licensed premises ... on the basis of documentation of a prescribed type [i.e. Age of Majority card] is not in contravention of subsection (2), (4) or (4.1) if there is no apparent reason to doubt the authenticity of the documentation or that it was issued to the person producing it. 1998, c. 24, s. 12 (2); 2006, c. 34, s. 16 (42).

In other words, if you look under 19, they have to card you to validate your age.

King Tut
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Is this going on the NEE scarf next year?

Not next year, but maybe in 2011. New design every 2 years is the policy. ;)

Super
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but:

In other words, if you look under 19, they have to card you to validate your age.

Except now they are going as far as carding you if you're breathing. I'm 34 and I get carded at BMO (and ONLY at BMO, mind you). Not only that, the last time I tried to buy a beer I was refused service because I don't have a drivers license. My Permanent Residence card was refused. She even said to not try and show up with a passport - which I jokingly said I'd do.

And they say drinking makes you stupid.

Anyway, I haven't tried to buy a beer at BMO since that day (couple months ago) because I don't feel like standing in line only to be humiliated by some punk kid who seem to feel that a drivers license trumps a PR card and a passport as identification.

Yohan
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Except now they are going as far as carding you if you're breathing. I'm 34 and I get carded at BMO (and ONLY at BMO, mind you). Not only that, the last time I tried to buy a beer I was refused service because I don't have a drivers license. My Permanent Residence card was refused. She even said to not try and show up with a passport - which I jokingly said I'd do.

Anyway, I haven't tried to buy a beer at BMO since that day (couple months ago) because I don't feel like standing in line only to be humiliated by some punk kid who seem to feel that a drivers license trumps a PR card and a passport as identification.
tell that punk ass kid that any govt issued ID is damn well valid and that he deserves a slap in the head for being a moron

fetajr
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.hideyourbooze.com/index.html

BFin
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I enjoy my frosty brews during the game.
I enjoy them in 25 degree sun as well.
Little disappointed over this. But what can ya do.

-Brandon

Beer Drinker at BMO since Day 1...oh, and I also chant properly.

King Tut
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
They will be checking everyone atleast twice and anyone caught will be getting a 6 match ban...And the trick of passing the booze through the fence will not work either. Everyone will be on the look out...

flatpicker
07-14-2009, 03:37 PM
simple solution... just drop acid instead!

Suds
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Just goes to prove there is no IQ test to get a job at BMO. Most can't even do basic math. If any of these people did take the Smart Serve course they would know a passport is acceptable ID.

Yohan
07-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Just goes to prove there is no IQ test to get a job at BMO. Most can't even do basic math. If any of these people did take the Smart Serve course they would know a passport is acceptable ID.
it's been a while since I did my smart serve course.

do you have to have the course in order to serve alcohol? if yes, i wonder how many BMO employees have their course...

Kevvv
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I've only been carded there once, on the east side. The west has already figured out I don't appear to be 19. Excluding the US, where many places card you regardless of how old you appear, it was my only time carded since the death of cassettes.

Yeoman
07-14-2009, 03:50 PM

i'm huffing gas before the game.
much harder to detect in the blood or urine...........................i think

flatpicker
07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
it was my only time carded since the death of cassettes.

awesome!

Kevvv
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM

In order to be valid, identification must:

• have been issued by a government;

• be current (expired ID is not valid);

• include the person’s photograph, and

• include the person’s birth date.

Acceptable forms of ID include:

• an Ontario driver’s licence with a photograph;

• a Canadian passport;

• a Canadian citizenship card with a photograph;

• a Canadian Armed Forces identification card;

• an LCBO BYID photo card.

http://www.agco.on.ca/pdf/Non-Forms/3056E.pdf

Sonny Cheeba
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
the BYID cards are a joke. they're pretty easy for head shops to fake. so now LCBO is going to add security features.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Ha! My brother invited an Irish friend to a game…he was over on holiday…he's in his early 30's. I refuse to drink at BMO but my brother and Paddy bought a couple of beers. We're sitting in our seats and this woman comes up and asks for ID…and specifically a driver's license. My brother is 44.

Of course the Irish boy doesn't have one. Sorry…can't drink then. He shows her his Irish passport…she says…not good enough…how do I know its real?

I said…Are you kidding me? And she tells me to calm down. A cop from the back walks down and asks what's the problem…we told him…showed the passport and he starts laughing.

Problem quickly resolved. I'm pretty much convinced they hire idiots down there.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
i'm huffing gas before the game.
much harder to detect in the blood or urine...........................i think

Thank God you can't smoke at BMO…

SmokedPanda
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I brought my Canadian passport to BMO to buy beer because i knew damn well that the people working at BMO are to stupid to take out the north american drivers license book and verify that my quebec drivers license is valid

You can't get mad at them for asking for id, they do it at every sports venue in north america. Better safe than sorry like this weekends game

onemanbarmyarmy
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Yeah drop acid! What are we talkin about?

stretchthetruth
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
They will be checking everyone atleast twice and anyone caught will be getting a 6 match ban...And the trick of passing the booze through the fence will not work either. Everyone will be on the look out...

source?

Carter
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah, but:

Yes they do at the vendors, but once the beer is in a fans hands teh ACGO does not have to card the person to impose the offense that is exactly what Section 30(4) states.

They Served them under Section 30(4) not Section 30(6).

But like KK said..

It is what it is.

craigtfc
07-14-2009, 05:56 PM
IMO I think they should sell beer for this game (and not penalize the fans who like to have a cold alcohalic beverage in the summer while watching the game) and insted of giving the beer profit to the M.L.$.E give it to a charity. Thats what they should do for every "dry" game that goes on, but no that would be the "good" thing to do.

Ryan1984
07-14-2009, 07:39 PM
My Buddys a Police officer and told me they are going to be all over the parking lots saturday due to the ban.

Get In There
07-14-2009, 08:12 PM
You can believe that

I hope this search business does not get out of hand

Did people going into the dome get the same searches?

B

kodiakTFC
07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
My Buddys a Police officer and told me they are going to be all over the parking lots saturday due to the ban.

To Shoeless!

stretchthetruth
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM

mmmhmmm... serving and protecting, no doubt...

grizzle
07-14-2009, 09:35 PM
it's been a while since I did my smart serve course.

do you have to have the course in order to serve alcohol? if yes, i wonder how many BMO employees have their course...

You have to have your smart serve in order to work at BMO afaik (my mother works there and she had to do it as an usher).

Kevvv
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes they do at the vendors, but once the beer is in a fans hands the ACGO does not have to card the person to impose the offense that is exactly what Section 30(4) states.

They Served them under Section 30(4) not Section 30(6).

Yeah, but:

Reliance on documentation
(6) (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/french/elaws_statutes_90l19_f.htm#s30s6) A person who sells or supplies liquor to another person, permits another person to have or consume liquor in licensed premises ... on the basis of documentation of a prescribed type [i.e. Age of Majority card] is not in contravention of subsection (2), (4) or (4.1) if there is no apparent reason to doubt the authenticity of the documentation or that it was issued to the person producing it. 1998, c. 24, s. 12 (2); 2006, c. 34, s. 16 (42).

Subsection 30(6) supercedes subsection 30(4) where the person has valid ID ("documentation of a prescribed type"). It applies when selling alcohol and when permitting a person to have or consume liquor. It means that if someone is holding or drinking a beer who looks under 19, they are to be carded. I don't know how that would actually work, but it suggests that someone who looks under 19 should be carded multiple times, by any agent or employee, so that each one can say the possession of alcohol was permitted on the basis of the ID.

But like KK said..

It is what it is.

They got to you too, I see.

IMO I think they should sell beer for this game (and not penalize the fans who like to have a cold alcohalic beverage in the summer while watching the game) and insted of giving the beer profit to the M.L.$.E give it to a charity. Thats what they should do for every "dry" game that goes on, but no that would be the "good" thing to do.

It's not MLSE's decision - it's AGCO (gubmint). They determine the fine and length of suspension. Funny how you assume MLSE is up to no "good".

pubboy
07-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm 40 and have been carded several times by kids who are probably younger than my daughter !!

MFBODD
07-15-2009, 11:13 AM
First off, in general I've never understood what the negative side of being asked for ID is. Being in my 30's, I have no issues with showing my ID. Thank you very much for the compliment. It doesn't exactly take much effort to pass over your proof of age.

If those serving booze are too stupid, or so poorly trained that they don't know what acceptable ID is that is an issue. The city promotes tourism, but people visiting can't have a drink once they get here? If you don't drive a car, sorry no drink for you either? I've experienced this at a pub in the west end years ago. They wouldn't take my friend's state drivers lic. when she was visiting from the U.S. Stupid.

Oh well, no booze at BMO. I think we'll all survive the 2hrs.

redangeldragnet
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Anyone got any good prohibition protest songs?

Kevvv
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Roll out the barrel?

Parkdale
07-15-2009, 11:33 AM
kevvv was there!

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Okay Kevv, you got me. I couldn't resist since All my childhood I never got past the first line.

Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun
Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
Zing boom tararrel, ring out a song of good cheer
Now's the time to roll the barrel, for the gang's all here

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 08:41 AM
the thing I take issue with....

I understand that the AGCO tries to remove liquor sales at a "comparable event",
but that's just not the case here. There was an infraction at a Kid Rock show at the
Molson Amphitheater, so the next year they nailed a Motley Crue show. Comparable events.

sorry guys, but an early season, mid-week night game (the infraction was late may, wednesday night)
does NOT equal out to a sunny, summer saturday game. Those just aren't the same.

If they took alcohol sales away for a fall, mid-week game, it would be comparable.

nimamalek
07-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I rarely buy beer at the game anyway, I usually drink at the pubs before and after the game.

olegunnar
07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
the thing I take issue with....

I understand that the AGCO tries to remove liquor sales at a "comparable event",

but they are comparable.

They are both "premium" games in terms of ticket pricing.

Carter
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Subsection 30(6) supercedes subsection 30(4) where the person has valid ID ("documentation of a prescribed type"). It applies when selling alcohol and when permitting a person to have or consume liquor. It means that if someone is holding or drinking a beer who looks under 19, they are to be carded. I don't know how that would actually work, but it suggests that someone who looks under 19 should be carded multiple times, by any agent or employee, so that each one can say the possession of alcohol was permitted on the basis of the ID.

See where the whole issue arises is the fact that they have press released the fact they got charged on Section 30(4) we weren't their so we don't know if the offending subject actually got carded by the AGCO employee or if they were just lazy and went well hell they look under 19. hell ive been told i look under 19 and am carded multiple times through a bmo from the same beer girl, but not once have i ever been carded while in the stands with my beer.

BUT then again.....
Section 30(7)
Court may determine apparent age
(7) (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/french/elaws_statutes_90l19_f.htm#s30s7) In a prosecution for a contravention of subsection (2), (4) or (4.1), the court may determine, from the appearance of the person and from other relevant circumstances, whether a person to whom liquor was served or supplied, a person who was permitted to have or consume liquor or a person who was permitted to use a ferment on premise facility to make beer or wine appears to be under 19 years of age. 1998, c. 24, s. 12 (2); 2006, c. 34, s. 16 (42).

did the offending subject go to court over the contravention as well?

This is all information we don't know or weren't given.

Kevvv, :grouphug:

are you coming out to the tailgate this weekend? ;)

Carts
07-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Not getting into the legal stuff, but back in Detroit I was ID'd 7 or 8 times at the Casino...

I was ID'd when I entered, both driver's license & passport. Then when I purchased chips from the cashier, then when I sat at the table, then again about 15-mins later a pit-boss ID'd me, then about another 10-15 mins passed another pit-boss ID'd me at the table, then when I walked into the casino lounge... etc etc etc...

So ya, I know that was the USA, but they have the right to ID as many times as they want if they think you look young...

The funny thing, when they scanned it - it showed the last time my ID'd was scanned. The second Pit-Boss started laughing when he scanned it, I freaked, then he said "...you getting sick of us yet?..."

Carts...

Kevvv
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Here the rule is they need ID if you appear under 19, and as Carter points out the courts can determine if someone appears under 19. I'm safe there. If I remember right, the beer store says they ID under 30, just to ensure they catch underagers, but technically they don't have to.

I believe some places in the States have no exception policies, where they ID everyone regardless of how old they appear. Not sure if it's a State law in those places, or the policy of the bar, but in one DC bar I got ID'd several times by the same person, as I went in and out to the patio.

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
but they are comparable.

They are both "premium" games in terms of ticket pricing.

so a cold, mid-week game at night (did I mention cold?)
is worth the same thing as a sunny summer saturday afternoon?

on the tickets, sure, but not when it comes to comparable beer sales.
They don't sell as much beer when it's dark and freezing cold. fact.

Suds
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Not getting into the legal stuff, but back in Detroit I was ID'd 7 or 8 times at the Casino...

Carts...

you look like you're 17 ... that's why ;)

olegunnar
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
so a cold, mid-week game at night (did I mention cold?)
is worth the same thing as a sunny summer saturday afternoon?

on the tickets, sure, but not when it comes to comparable beer sales.
They don't sell as much beer when it's dark and freezing cold. fact.

I don't know the facts.

Like why it took 14 months to come up with a punishment. Was there a probation period? Were there compromises? Appeals? Is 1 TFC game the original punshiment or has it been brought down to one based on other "concessions".

Heresay and conjecture....the punishment was more than 1 like for like game, and it got lowered to this one saturday afternoon game. How and why it was lowered? There are hints out there...but they're irrelevent to this topic.

Why did I respond to your post? because I think it's a bit too simplistic to believe that this decision was a quickie, "hey it was a cold mid week game we're busting them for, so lets find another cold midweek game to have as a dry game". There's far too little "we" know to be facts, to really have an informed discussion.

Why did I respond in the way I did? Because it's delicious irony that the whole premium game bs they use to increase certain games' ticket prices could come back to bite them in the ass.

Kevvv
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
delicious

Technorgasm
07-16-2009, 10:50 AM
whats funny is the ONE game I can not make it to. . . . . there is no Hooch.

its as if I have EHSP. . . .

extra-hooch-sensory-preception.

no w. . pass me my beer.

~I'll get my coat.

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
^ who are you? King Dave?

MG42
07-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't know the facts.

Like why it took 14 months to come up with a punishment. Was there a probation period? Were there compromises? Appeals? Is 1 TFC game the original punshiment or has it been brought down to one based on other "concessions".

Heresay and conjecture....the punishment was more than 1 like for like game, and it got lowered to this one saturday afternoon game. How and why it was lowered? There are hints out there...but they're irrelevent to this topic.

Why did I respond to your post? because I think it's a bit too simplistic to believe that this decision was a quickie, "hey it was a cold mid week game we're busting them for, so lets find another cold midweek game to have as a dry game". There's far too little "we" know to be facts, to really have an informed discussion.

Why did I respond in the way I did? Because it's delicious irony that the whole premium game bs they use to increase certain games' ticket prices could come back to bite them in the ass.

very interesting

AL-MO
07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
^ who are you? King Dave?

King Dave...IN TRAINING.. :p

The Kingpin
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I can't believe what is happening: "Please arrive early for the game as there will be additional security with bag checks and pat-downs at all gates and there could be a longer than usual wait time to get into the stadium."

Dad, when you come to the game with your son... you get a pat-down. Ladies, get ready for a pat-down. I couldn't be more disgusted. I can go to a stadium here with 50,000+... no pat-down... Get ready for long line ups whilst untrained security invade your privacy... YEA!! TFC!!

This great move brought to you by TFC!

Phil
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Its because of the alcohol ban. They can't have any further violations or suffer stiffer penalties.

We should be aware that there will be extra time required to get in though.

Kevvv
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Blame the AGCO and Ontario's outdated laws on alcohol. And lets hope Rooney's not stiffer for the pat-down.

Keyman
They probably want to ensure that the stands stay dry for the duration of the match. I don't see anything abnormal or wrong about this.

Parkdale
Are you going to be at the game Kingpin?

If not, I'm not sure why it concerns you, as you won't be there to enjoy it.

Derko
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Actually it's a great move by Big Brother, AGCO who's 'Draconian' liqour laws in this province, frankly make me sick to my stomach. If you are an asshole whilst having a drink you deserve to be hassled, if you are minding your business and having a pint good on you.

Assholes AGCO.

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
like i've said before, if they fail patting me down, i'm going to point it out if they do a shit job
i'm just curious to see what happens (ie if they can kick me out heh)

Phil
07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Blame the AGCO and Ontario's outdated laws on alcohol. And lets hope Rooney's not stiffer for the pat-down.

For the record, I do not want any part of me violated. :D

Derko
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Be careful of the dreaded 'Bum Cam'

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
side note:

I've had my backpack searched and a a light pat down (and a metal detector wand near my junk) at the ACC on a number of occasions. Also, at pretty much every concert I've ever been to. Oh, and the airport on a few occasions.

wzhxvy
07-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I want the cutie at Gate 3 to pat me down...

Jay P
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
you get a pat down at most clubs/concert or the acc if your not white meh.

Shaughno
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
It wouldn't be the first time they've done pat downs at BMO either. What exactly is the big deal here?

Mark in Ottawa
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM

TFC or BMO field? Or does it matter...
The fact is that it is going to happen and so we should all be prepared for it.

Of course I want to be there to see Alex (wearing his kilt) and Jay (with his grass skirt) pass by the "hands on Security Check". :facepalm:

Suds
I want the cutie at Gate 3 to pat me down...

LOL ... I can see mass line-ups for pat downs where the cutest security girl is :D

I'm goin' commando!! :p

Parkdale
What exactly is the big deal here?

http://kollakallan.skolverket.se/digitalAssets/178108_test_check.gif

Rudi
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
It wouldn't be the first time they've done pat downs at BMO either. What exactly is the big deal here?
There isn't one.

I doubt TFC wants to hassle their paying customers like this. If they did, they would be doing this every game.

Mark in Ottawa
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
side note: (and a metal detector wand near my junk)
That must be some serious "junk" :rolleyes:

Carts
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with this at all...

They were in violation of the AGCO at a previous game and are facing the music for this one - if they're caught again it gets worse... They want to take the appropriate steps to ensure that the 'dry' game stays 'dry'...

I've been patted down and frisked worse at a Leafs game, than when I get on an International Flight at Pearson...

I actually applaud the club & BMO for coming out and telling it like it is. Come early, you're gonna get searched much more than usual...

How pissed would you be if at every match you arrive 10-mins before and make your seat for the anthems - only to have this Saturday you arrive at the same time and make it for the 13th minute...?

(before the BMO & TFC bitter bunch yell at me for arriving 10-mins before match, don't. I get into the bunker early every match)

Carts...

Krazy_kid
07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
this thread is getting way more attention then it deserves ... can we just close it?

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
(before the BMO & TFC bitter bunch yell at me for arriving 10-mins before match, don't. I get into the bunker early every match)

hahah...

The Bitter Bunch

Boschmeister
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Can they search my liver for all the booze in there?

Boudge
07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
haha good luck finding my Flask... suckers!

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
well....

this thread is really just a continuation of this thread: "Houston Game = No Alcohol"
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15154

merging.....

Mark in Ottawa
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
this thread is getting way more attention then it deserves ... can we just close it?
But I think that Pat does have a valid point about our weird system.

A few get caught breaking the law and so we inconvenience the whole stadium for it.

It is just a weird cultural difference between Ontario and many other places in the world where a few cases of underage consumption would get handled differently (like the buyers and sellers involved getting the punishment instead of the whole community).

Suds
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
hahah...

The Bitter Bunch

maybe the mods can start pinning that on some people's profiles :)

Carts
07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
haha good luck finding my Flask... suckers!

If you get through the gates, then they find it in there - the entire group can thank you for 6 dry games...

Plus, with the loss of beer sales for 6-games, expect them to hike the price up of everything to make up for it...

Hope you don't ruin everything for the rest of us...

Carts...

Afra
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Boudge is using a converted metal cigar holder. I will not say where he is planning to 'hide' it. Hopefully they don't notice him walking funny.

I think that it doesn't really matter at this point. They are facing a ban because one of their employees committed the infraction. A couple of yahoos trying to sneak booze into the game will probably get in trouble themselves as it has nothing to do with BMO. I doubt they would penalize BMO after their releases and warning - they cannot be held responsible for the level of conviction in some needing booze during the game.

Carts
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Boudge is using a converted metal cigar holder. I will not say where he is planning to 'hide' it. Hopefully they don't notice him walking funny.

I think that it doesn't really matter at this point. They are facing a ban because one of their employees committed the infraction. A couple of yahoos trying to sneak booze into the game will probably get in trouble themselves as it has nothing to do with BMO. I doubt they would penalize BMO after their releases and warning - they cannot be held responsible for the level of conviction in some needing booze during the game.

I agree with you, and hope/think your right...

But at the same time, if say some liquor inspector found it (however he finds it) inside the stadium, he has the power to throw the book at BMO...

If that happens - welcome to the 6-game ban, and all the other problems that will go with it...

I'd say for everyone to 'go without booze for 2-hours'... And god knows, that coming from me basically says the APOCALYPSE IS UPON US... :D

Carts...

Boudge
07-16-2009, 01:47 PM
If you get through the gates, then they find it in there - the entire group can thank you for 6 dry games...

Plus, with the loss of beer sales for 6-games, expect them to hike the price up of everything to make up for it...

Hope you don't ruin everything for the rest of us...

Carts...

Haha are you serious??? WOW!

Please try and be less of a little girl when addressing my comments please.

thanks

Boris
07-16-2009, 01:48 PM

thanks

same goes to you....

Boudge
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
same goes to you....

How you mean???

I don't understand??

Carts
07-16-2009, 01:52 PM

thanks

LOL!

C'mon, I had better chirps tossed at me during my men's league game last night... :D And I gave that guy something to be pissed at, a healthy limp & cut lip as well for his next few days at work (he deserved it though)

Honestly, I'm just stating what can happen... No worries my friend...

Carts...

Boudge
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Wasn't trying to chirp, just don't understand why you had to be such a wet blanket.

all good

Carts
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Wasn't trying to chirp, just don't understand why you had to be such a wet blanket.

all good

No worries...

And if the blanket is wet for the right reasons :drool5::hump: its all good... LOL! :D

Let hijack the thread to 'hot girl talk'... :yum:

Carts...

Mark in Ottawa
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
From the tailgate thread...

I will be getting some information tomorrow about any enforcement changes that may take place outside the stadium. I will update once I have the information.

My gut says expect a lot of cops, there will be a ton of security for the game on the weekend keeping their eyes out for any smuggled booze. It would be a really smart idea not to sneak anything.

There will be a beer patio setup at the direct energy building.

So if this is true just drop by there and have a pre-game pint or two.
I wonder if they will be open at the half :flare:

morgank1986
07-16-2009, 02:11 PM
We might actually see everyone in their seats for this game, since the beer garden will likely be a ghost town

Carts
07-16-2009, 02:12 PM
We might actually see everyone in their seats for this game, since the beer garden will likely be a ghost town

Also will be the shortest lineups at the men's washrooms for any game in history... LOL

Carts...

Afra
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree with you, and hope/think your right...

But at the same time, if say some liquor inspector found it (however he finds it) inside the stadium, he has the power to throw the book at BMO...

If that happens - welcome to the 6-game ban, and all the other problems that will go with it...

I'd say for everyone to 'go without booze for 2-hours'... And god knows, that coming from me basically says the APOCALYPSE IS UPON US... :D

Carts...

I guess you're right. If they find it inside, BMO gets in trouble for not checking thoroughly enough to keep the game dry - good point.

Boudge gets a little worked up. That is why I screw with him every time I can.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't believe what is happening: "Please arrive early for the game as there will be additional security with bag checks and pat-downs at all gates and there could be a longer than usual wait time to get into the stadium."

Dad, when you come to the game with your son... you get a pat-down. Ladies, get ready for a pat-down. I couldn't be more disgusted. I can go to a stadium here with 50,000+... no pat-down... Get ready for long line ups whilst untrained security invade your privacy... YEA!! TFC!!

LOL!!!

My Dad, who's in his 70's just called me and says, "What the hell is going on with this mob? If they don't want people come just say so!"

I'm calling it a "loyalty feel".

They have lost the plot, haven't they.

Phil
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I guess you're right. If they find it inside, BMO gets in trouble for not checking thoroughly enough to keep the game dry - good point.

Boudge gets a little worked up. That is why I screw him every time I can.

Its getting a little personal isn't it? :D

From the looks of things though, a dry game means a dry game and no alcohol is to be on site.

As long as TFC are there I could care less about the beer!

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
But I think that Pat does have a valid point about our weird system.

A few get caught breaking the law and so we inconvenience the whole stadium for it.

It is just a weird cultural difference between Ontario and many other places in the world where a few cases of underage consumption would get handled differently (like the buyers and sellers involved getting the punishment instead of the whole community).

so how would you get around this?.....really, since it could be anybody to smuggle something in, everybody has to be checked.

under the circumstances, I don't have too much of a problem with the checkpoints....like someone said, they could really be dicks and check us every game...hopefully it won't come to that....I have a feeling this is not something they wanted to do, but rather have to do.

Hitcho
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Why does everyone on these boards say "could care less about X"? Is it deliberate? Because that means you actually so care, no?

The correct phrase is couldn't care less, meaning you care so little about X it is not possible to care less about it than you already do.

Or am I missing something?!

:noidea:

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Why does everyone on these boards say "could care less about X"? Is it deliberate? Because that means you actually so care, no?

The correct phrase is couldn't care less, meaning you care so little about X it is not possible to care less about it than you already do.

Or am I missing something?!

:noidea:

no, you're right.

The Kingpin
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
LOL!!!

My Dad, who's in his 70's just called me and says, "What the hell is going on with this mob? If they don't want people come just say so!"

I'm calling it a "loyalty feel".

They have lost the plot, haven't they.

Be careful!! If you agree with me that 'Parkdale' character will vehemently come to the defense of TFC... And some suggest I'm transparent!! :facepalm:

Oh, and to answer you question Mr. Parkdale, you don't have to go to the game to have concern over the degeneration of the fan experience. I will return, and I don't want the washed down version that seems to be prevalent because some want to make sure the TFC FO remains their best friend.

A double: :picard::picard:

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 03:52 PM
you're just mad because they didn't hire you, which was what you wanted right?

side order: it's hilarious to condemn people for 'trying to be best friends with the FO', when you actually wanted to work for them.

H Bomb
07-16-2009, 03:54 PM
thats funny

The Kingpin
07-16-2009, 03:58 PM
you're just mad because they didn't hire you, which was what you wanted right?

???

Truth starting to hurt son... You're consistent transparency is absolutely laughable. I make great money producing national programs on a regular basis. I head my department and have international clients. I work with some of the regions top athletes... But this upsets me???

:picard:

Small potatoes son. Get a grip.

Rudi
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I Have A Huge Cock!

I just wanted to let everyone know that.

The Kingpin
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I Have A Huge Cock!

Doubt it..... :)

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
if it didn't upset you, you wouldn't have such a hate-on for all things MLSE and FO.

or is it just because you think you know better than they do?

Yohan
I Have A Huge Cock!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RRIGqzPDF00/RmiAaDJ8YjI/AAAAAAAAA28/z8-TleZJQe0/s400/giant%2Bchicken%2Bcock.jpg

Parkdale
I Have A Huge Cock!

I just wanted to let everyone know that.

ewwwww