PDA

View Full Version : Pavel Nedved to the MLS?

CretanBull
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
We don't need another midfielder, but he'd be a good addition to the league....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/06/29/pavel-nedved/index.html

Baggio2TFC
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I like him but Dp money for another AM?? We need a striker, not play makers. I mean, would he be a good addition...yes, but at 37, who would we get rid of, what would the fomation be? again. I like him but striker is what is needed first.

Now if gerba pans out nicely, then yes, nedved it is...along with JDG...imagine our team then!!

CretanBull
07-02-2009, 08:33 PM
As I said "we don't need another midfielder, but he'd be a good addition to the league" ;)

Bobo
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
He could be our wide man. ;) He's a versatile player.

I don't like him though, another Blanco to jeer if he comes over.

Antoshka
07-02-2009, 09:08 PM
hes not good anymore. hes too old. he barely moves. all the experience in the world isnt gonna help when he cant be quick enough to touch the ball.

Bobo
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
hes not good anymore. hes too old. he barely moves. all the experience in the world isnt gonna help when he cant be quick enough to touch the ball.

He's lost a few steps but he wasn't terrible this year. Definitely has more than the quality necessary to play in an MLS-standard league, only thing is that the league might be too physical for him.

Brooker
07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
so then why isnt he going back to juventus?

Waggy
07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Cause I'm pretty sure Juventus is at least 2 full steps quality wise from the MLS.

Mojo
07-03-2009, 01:54 AM
New formation:

0-10-0

Trendsetters, baby.

ensco
07-03-2009, 07:07 AM
I think a player like this doesn't help MLS. If you're going to bring in a big name old goat, it has to connect to a big immigrant community in that city, and that means, in most MLS cities, a Italian or Portuguese player.

Nuno Gomes actually made some sense, for this reason.

Going back to the Inzaghi thread now....

Yohan
07-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I think a player like this doesn't help MLS. If you're going to bring in a big name old goat, it has to connect to a big immigrant community in that city, and that means, in most MLS cities, a Italian or Portuguese player.

Nuno Gomes actually made some sense, for this reason.

Going back to the Inzaghi thread now....
huh?

this makes no sense at all. shirt selling may be a secondary reason, but you'd think primary reason for signing a veteran star player is to win