PDA

View Full Version : MLS Week 16 thread

Yohan
07-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Discuss all the MLS games of Week 16, plus my predictions

July 3
*San Jose at Real Salt Lake, 10PM
-TFC fans might do well to pay attention this game, as we play SJ away on the 11th.
If TFC vs RSL game taught us anything, it's that playing at high altitude sucks. Let's see if Huckerby likes running in Salt Lake City.

SJ is in middle of retooling their squad. No real rumbles of who they are signing yet. However, Yallop will be getting key players back. Midfielder Arturo Alvarez and forward Huckerby are still on recovery, but should be available. Also, NZ midfielder Simon Elliott (who does have some EPL experience) is returning, as well T&T forward Cornell Glen.

RSL is missing Will Johnson and that frigging hippie Kyle Beckerman, so will probably feature a makeshift 3 man midfield of Mathis, Andy Williams and Ned Grabavoy for this match, which is still pretty strong by MLS standards.
Add in Robbie Findley becoming more match fit and Yura Movisyan who played really well vs TFC, RSL offence is still potent.

Prediction: San Jose 0 - 2 Real Salt Lake

July 4
*DC United at Columbus, 7PM
-My pick for MLS game of the week feature resurgent Crew at home vs always dangerous DC United.

Both teams are missing some key players, and I'm hoping that fireworks go off for an entertaining match.

The Crew just came off a USOC loss, which proved that their reserves suck. The Crew is going to miss key defender Chad Marshall to Gold Cup duties, but DC is also lost defender Dejan Jankovic too. So potential for offence to really have their way.

Robbie Rogers for the Crew and Santino Quaranta for DC are also gone, but it'll be Schelotto vs Emilio/Moreno battle and that should be pretty good game.

Prediction: DC 2 - 2 Columbus

*Chicago at Colorado, 9PM

*Houston at Kansas City, 9PM

*New York at Dallas, 9PM

*New England at Los Angeles, 11PM