PDA

View Full Version : What should we get for McBride?

counterattack
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
At least a starter from Chicago. Maybe Mapp?

werewolf
06-03-2008, 09:40 PM
this is interesting. Based on you just saying we had a deal today with NE....

what about Rolfe?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
this guy is on a roll!! two threads in a row!!! ...SOMETHING BIG IS GONA GO DOWN!!!! :)

icecoldbeer
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
this guy is on a roll!! two threads in a row!!! ...SOMETHING BIG IS GONA GO DOWN!!!! :)

I think Mo is looking for ideas.

:coolgleam:

flatpicker
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
trade him for some grass...

just make sure there is enough for everyone...

devioustrevor
06-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Other than that NCAA lad that would count as a Canadian what's the depth of the upcoming draft class like?

ExiledRed
06-04-2008, 01:42 PM

I got some grass, but I'll want money for it, not some aging american git who crosses himself when he scores.

ThunderBaby
06-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Justin Mapp and Wilman Conde of the Chicago Fire are rumored trade bait for Toronto FC's stake on Brian McBride incoming from the English Premiership.

Got this from
TFC news

adammac
06-04-2008, 02:01 PM
We are going to get either Wolfe or Barrett. I don't think they would give us Mapp and I the last thing we need is another CB and if they got McBride they would have a overload of strikers (McBride, Frankaoski, Wolfe and Barett).

jloome
06-04-2008, 02:06 PM
He means Rolfe. I've done that a couple of times, too. Weird slip to make, I guess we're thinking of Josh Wolf when typing or something

Chicago fans seem to think Rolfe is out of the question due to potential, that Barrett is more likely. I don't think Mo will settle for a 1-in-6 guy as his main striker though, since we already have a pretty speedy one sitting on the bench.

Pachuco
06-04-2008, 02:08 PM
We are going to get either Wolfe or Barrett. I don't think they would give us Mapp and I the last thing we need is another CB and if they got McBride they would have a overload of strikers (McBride, Frankaoski, Wolfe and Barett).

You never know, it could be a three way deal. We keep Mapp and trade Conde.

Pachuco
06-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Justin Mapp and Wilman Conde of the Chicago Fire are rumored trade bait for Toronto FC's stake on Brian McBride incoming from the English Premiership.

Got this from
TFC news

LINK?

djking2
06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Nyarko seems to me to be in line with todays trade. His status is International/Developmental on Chicago's roster which makes him easy to add to ours and it still leaves an international spot open for a DP. I suppose you figure Chicago would value him to highly for that but hey he would be so deep in the pool of forwards at Chicago the odds of him seeing any game time is slim to none. The fact he's on a gen-adidas contract means the league has a vested interest in seeing him play and we just proved the value of draft picks in that trade for Phelan. Total speculation on my part but

S_D
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Mapp is a mid... we have enough of those.
Conde is a Cb... we have enough of those too.
We are limited in roster space.

They are only worth trading for if we can unload them to some other team.

We need a finisher and we need allocation cash to keep the team together next year.

Conde's contract ends this year according to Chicago BS'ers so what's the point of keeping him? Transfer fee? The only team that has really wanted Conde is NYRB. I just can't see the use of sending McBride to Chicago and Conde to NYRB, thereby strengthening two teams in our division unless we get something REALLY SWEET in return.

Broadview
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
You never know, it could be a three way deal.

Every time I see "three way" on the internet, I think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDyvcM0gcVs

Laurignano
06-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I would love to see us just get allocation money and sign a quality striker instead of trading for anyone...although I would love to see Mapp here.

Steve
06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I would love to see us just get allocation money and sign a quality striker instead of trading for anyone...although I would love to see Mapp here.

The problem is, allocations are temporary solutions. I think we need to be very careful how many allocations we choose to use to buy down player salary, since next year we're on the hook for the full amount (and we don't want to get into a situation where we're 600k over the cap and need to dump players just to get compliant).

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
You never know, it could be a three way deal. We keep Mapp and trade Conde.

yep, was thinking that.
Conde to NYRB for money allocations and whatnot.
They want him, he wants to be there and chicago would free up capspace..

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
PS
we will sign a top level starting striker, i just dont think itll necessarily be from Chicago

Rawkus_420
06-04-2008, 02:51 PM

the more grass the better:stogey: I mean on the field of course:canada:

Rawkus_420
06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Why aren't we going to take mcbride, woudlnt that make the most sense???? did i miss something?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Why aren't we going to take mcbride, woudlnt that make the most sense???? did i miss something?

The fact he wants to go to Chicago, has said as much, only wants to play a season and a half

Rawkus_420
06-04-2008, 05:08 PM
The fact he wants to go to Chicago, has said as much, only wants to play a season and a half

Thanks for clearing that up, so it seems that chicago has the upper hand on this one. hope for the best, I like getting the international spot for phelan though, thats sweet, adn will be perfect for a non DP european striker whos odler eh eh?

arbogast
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Patrick Nyarko.

We trade McBride's rights for Nyarko. We need a forward and he's young, talented, went 7th overall in the draft and he's sitting in the reserves. He'd be a great addition going forward. altough he won't solve our striker problem this year, him and Smith should develop quite nicely in the future.

:taz:

The Historian
06-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Okay, that link was certainly not what I had hoped... :(

Every time I see "three way" on the internet, I think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDyvcM0gcVs

Blizzard
06-04-2008, 07:41 PM
A lot of you seem to think we'll get a player. I'll be happy with allocation money, enough allocation money to give us room under the cap for Mo to sign a striker DP or no.

I don't know how much space we have now but I would think it is limited at the moment.

B

BeachRed
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Okay, that link was certainly not what I had hoped... :(

It's got 116,000 hits - you aren't the only one disappointed.:wink:

ExiledRed
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
It's got 116,000 hits - you aren't the only one disappointed.:wink:

Is this the new Rick Roll?

Heathen
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
why is it his birthday?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
at mcbrides age....the best we could get is a

two all beef patties,special sauce,lettuce,cheese,pickles,onions on a sesame seed bun.....but Samuel would eat the profits...so we would get dick!!:eek:

ThunderBaby
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
LINK?

I don't have a link. I get TFC news delivered to my inbox everyday from their website. Get all the latest news and updates, before I get out of bed. It's great! :thumbsup:

invictusTFC
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM

McBride has basically told the league that it is Chicago or nothing. This in a way kind of ties Mo's hands, he can't be too much of a pushover but if he demands too much the league will just step in like they've done in the past and screw them over. Dallas got screwed twice, once with Donovan and then again with Adu. In the end MLS will place a player of McBride's calibre anywhere they want.

Steve
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
McBride has basically told the league that it is Chicago or nothing. This in a way kind of ties Mo's hands, he can't be too much of a pushover but if he demands too much the league will just step in like they've done in the past and screw them over. Dallas got screwed twice, once with Donovan and then again with Adu. In the end MLS will place a player of McBride's calibre anywhere they want.

I don't know about that, when Donovan came back (2005) the league was a much different place.

Here's the thing, the "league" can't push anyone around, because the "league" is, essentially, a conglomerate of ownership groups. Essentially, one vote per team. If you look at the league even as recently as 2005, what did you find? 12 teams, 5 owned by AEG, 3 by Hunt, 1 by Kraft, and 3 others. Between AEG and Hunt, they owned the league (also, Hunt owns Dalas, AEG owns LA). Their vote would, essentially, always be for what they thought made their investment (the league) more profitable. This means they both agreed that the best place for Donovan was LA, so they could force the issue and no one could stop them (who would want to, only their teams were involved).

Fast forward to today. We now have 12 ownership groups and 14 teams (AEG and Hunt both still own 2). We no longer have a voting block "for the good of the league", we have a lot of individual owners who want to profit (yes, the good of the league will always come into it, but with only one team each, the team is more important than the league). Basically, if the issue is pressed (to completely screw over TFC), MLSE will stand up, and try to get the other individual owners to back them (because they all know it could happen to them).

Ossington Mental Youth
06-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Not to mention the fact that they got Ruiz, for all his faults, did well for them scoring regularly.

giambac
06-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I here Blanco wants out!

sully
06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I here Blanco wants out!

go on ..?

giambac
06-05-2008, 05:14 PM
go on ..?

and wants to come to TO so he can play on July 5th vs Pachuca.

After the game he wants to be traded back to Chicago.