PDA

View Full Version : INZAGHI Rumour again

trane
06-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I am hearing this again from Italian sources. I do not now if there is any bases for it, but we will see. I would have been against it a year ago, but he scored a shitload of goals when given an opportunity to play. He may have another two productive years.

Yohan
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
which inzaghi? ;)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Italian sources?...any links bro

trane
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I will try to find some. I am not sure if it is credible. I will first check his status with Milan.

Baggio2TFC
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah, which Inzaghi, and sources...PLEASE!! God, if this is true...or even just partially true...man, I have to go to the washroom for some reason!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
which inzaghi? ;)

“That lad [Filippo Inzaghi] must have been born offside.”
Sir Alex Ferguson

:D

TFC07
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
If he does end up playing for TFC, then DeRo needs to start worrying about his offside stat (I believe he leads league in offsides) lol

London
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
pippo would score 30 in MLS easy

Lucky Strike
06-30-2009, 08:26 PM
“That lad [Filippo Inzaghi] must have been born offside.”
Sir Alex Ferguson

:D

Funny quote, here is the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Inzaghi

He also has a younger brother, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Inzaghi

Just in case the rumour somehow mistook one for the other.

Yohan
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I would be happy with Simone Inzaghi too

Yohan
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
pippo would score 30 in MLS easy
depends on how well he could handle the physicality of MLS

Inzaghi is pretty slow, and he'd have to fight a lot to get into positions in the box

AdamZ
06-30-2009, 11:15 PM
if he can handle the physicality of the champions league he can handle the physicality of MLS.

I like Simone myself but I think he would struggle in MLS as he has in Serie A recently. He's another Barrett, when not confident or in form will miss regularly.

Yohan
06-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I like Simone myself but I think he would struggle in MLS as he has in Serie A recently. He's another Barrett, when not confident or in form will miss regularly.

Serie A defenders are way better than MLS defenders though

DichioTFC
07-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Serie A defenders are way better than MLS defenders though

^Agreed. If you're able to fight off Serie A defenders (and Serie A bookies), you'll make it in the MLS.

Inzaghi would be a nice pick up, but his signing would undermine Gerba and regulate Dichio to the bench

jloome
07-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, well, it's already been suggested that TFC went after Urzaiz with DP money, so this wouldn't be that much more of a stretch. Not sure Pippo would ever come to MLS, though.

Yohan
07-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, well, it's already been suggested that TFC went after Urzaiz with DP money, so this wouldn't be that much more of a stretch. Not sure Pippo would ever come to MLS, though.
well, if all the reports are true, at least MLSE is willing to spend some money on DP

Hakan Sukur, Urbaiz, JDG...

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-01-2009, 02:16 AM
I think Pippo would probably stay in Italy, but if we did get him, I'd love it. :D

micpar
07-01-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't think he is leaving Milan, just from what I am reading.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul1b.html

micpar
07-01-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't think he will be leaving Milan, just from what I'm reading.

micpar
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't think he will be leaving Milan this year.

rocker
07-01-2009, 10:02 AM
ya but Euro refs are better than MLS refs. So he'd never get any calls and even the slightest move would be deemed offside :)

TorontoBlades
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM
If he does end up playing for TFC, then DeRo needs to start worrying about his offside stat (I believe he leads league in offsides) lol

ya think? dobson/forrest menitoned it what 500 times in their game against real salt lake

BTW - I think we need a combined name for Dobson & Forrest...a la 'Bradgelina'

mmmikey
07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
it would be a dream to see inzaghi pull on the TFC jersey, but he will never leave milan. he will likely retire a milan player.

milan is a little different to other clubs with their older players... after many years they tend to retire and get absorbed into the hierarchy of the club, whether as a director, coach, scout, or out reach official. it's a model i hope TFC takes on when dichio, and robbo retire.

as for how he would perform in mls... he would score countless goals for us. his finishing is impecable and he has an uncanny ability of slipping away from his marker. some of the top defenders in the world have trouble tracking him. imagine mls defenders??

he does get caught offside constantly.. but they pay off as he inevitably slips in several times a game almost totally alone. he has never been the most physically gifted, or played with alot of technique, but he is the ultimate goal poacher though and his finishing is clinical.

plus you have to love a guy who celebrates every goal as if it was his first, and might be his last. love the passion.

Yohan
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
he has never been the most physically gifted, or played with alot of technique, but he is the ultimate goal poacher though and his finishing is clinical.

this is what I like most about Inzaghi. he has that uncanny sense to be in the right place at the right time.

you can't teach that. it's like an innate 6th sense he's got

Bobo
07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
well, if all the reports are true, at least MLSE is willing to spend some money on DP

Hakan Sukur, Urbaiz, JDG...

Nuno Gomes x2

H Bomb
07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
i've got no interest in MLSE's good intentions...only results

jloome
07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I seriously suspect this would be Simone they'd be talking about, not his more successful sibling. But if it was, who'd turn that down? As long as he's short of 40, he'd still light up MLS.

ensco
07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Is Inzaghi even seeing a performance drop off? Seems to me the guy still showed an unbelievable strike rate this past year. He should have been in ahead of Pato from the start.