PDA

View Full Version : MLS Rumours says - "Not coming..."

samconnie
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/notcoming-toronto-fc-tried-to-sign.html

jloome
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Posting stories from MLS rumours, a gleeful contributor to dumbing down the news and posting any bullshit as if it is fact, makes baby Jesus cry.

DOMIN8R
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Despite what many say about this site, it doesn't try to be anything other than it claims. It's a site that post rumours. That's all. And - believe it or not, they often get it right. TFC history is littered with stories broken first on MLSR.

dcdcdc
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
It's funny how often this message board is filled with rumors that obviously came from MLS Rumors (minutes after they posted a story) but the source gets removed by the poster. just saying..

DOMIN8R
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Can't disagree with that. Unfortunately.

shwade
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
dude's old as fuck. if this is true i'm surprised Mo's going for someone who's nearly 40

FluSH
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
It's funny how often this message board is filled with rumors that obviously came from MLS Rumors (minutes after they posted a story) but the source gets removed by the poster. just saying..

You mean MLS rumours gets rumours from this site... I can't tell you how much shit people have either leaked here and or made up here and then I see it days later on MLS rumours...

jloome
06-30-2009, 07:33 PM

Yeah, and if you keep tossing paint against a wall, eventually someone will call it art.

Getting it wrong seven out of 10 times = contributing to the dumbing... etc .etc. etcv.

Beach_Red
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, and if you keep tossing paint against a wall, eventually someone will call it art.

Getting it wrong seven out of 10 times = contributing to the dumbing... etc .etc. etcv.

Or you could look at it as successful 3 out of 10 which gets you into baseball's Hall of Fame ;).

DOMIN8R
06-30-2009, 07:43 PM

I would argue that the inverse probability is true when it comes to TFC on MLSR. They get it wrong 30% or less. Again, it doesn't claim to be right. It only claims that their stories are rumours.

DOMIN8R
06-30-2009, 07:47 PM
What I find really interesting isn't the "what is true and whay isn't" argument. What I find amazing is that people in the know sometimes choose to tell this guy. Is there nowhere else to unload a good piece of MLS gossip online?

jloome
06-30-2009, 07:50 PM
What I find really interesting isn't the "what is true and whay isn't" argument. What I find amazing is that people in the know sometimes choose to tell this guy. Is there nowhere else to unload a good piece of MLS gossip online?

No, or someone would be making money off it.

Yohan
06-30-2009, 07:50 PM
tribal football? :p

If you're looking for MLS rumours, stick with Ives and Steve Goff

ensco
06-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Prize for anyone who pronounces that name correctly on the first try.

Lucky Strike
06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/notcoming-toronto-fc-tried-to-sign.html

Hmm, obvious scoring pedigree but 37. That's a bit concerning...if the rumour is true.

And on that topic, I don't mind MLSR, they post what they hear. And it's clearly a rumour site so as long as you keep that in mind when you visit it, it's all good.

Beach_Red
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Hmm, obvious scoring pedigree but 37. That's a bit concerning...if the rumour is true.

The way entire teams turn over in MLS from one season to the next, if we get half a season from a guy who can score, that would be enough. Get us into the playoffs and make a run, get past Puerto Rico and maybe win some games in the group stage.

rocker
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
gee, we don't get to see him now? he's could be our David Beckham (in style that is)... ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Ismael_Urzaiz.jpg/200px-Ismael_Urzaiz.jpg

oxygenatedbrain
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
We're talking about May-June of 2008, right? That's when he "returned from Holland". So this suggests he was one of many rumoured or actual striker targets (you remember them all)...last year? Or am I wrong?

sulfur
06-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Prize for anyone who pronounces that name correctly on the first try.
Eye-Viss. :)

I asked him when he was up here last year.

Yohan
06-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Eye-Viss. :)

I asked him when he was up here last year.
I think it's talking about Urbaiz. which has this weird pronounciation thing going

Canary Canuck
06-30-2009, 10:35 PM
I love how the holier than thou posters automatically label it BS because it was found on MLS Rumors. Maybe you should look and see that MLS Rumors was not the primary source. A Spanish language newspaper was. If you think it's bullshit then it's the spanish newspaper that's lying. It's not hard to seperate the BS from the legitimate on MLS Rumors. When it's some guy writing in anonomously it's likely BS. When they post a link to a legit source then it's a different ball game.

Lucky Strike
06-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I think it's talking about Urbaiz. which has this weird pronounciation thing going

That was my understanding as well, though I did think he was talking about Ives at first as well. Who I can't seem to force myself to pronounce it "eye-viss" despite me knowing that was the correct way. Whenever I read it, my brain automatically defaults to "eyves" (as in Ives with a long "i").

nascarguy
07-01-2009, 02:24 AM
You mean MLS rumours gets rumours from this site... I can't tell you how much shit people have either leaked here and or made up here and then I see it days later on MLS rumours...
yeah there is a rumour that this guy named Flush has been sign to tfc for 100k... and all the pies he can eat lol:drinking:

Kaz
07-01-2009, 07:22 AM
I'd like to point out that this is something that would have been offered to him nearly a year ago. Based on when he would have "returned from holland" like June or July of 2008. I'm thinking is was just a stop gap in case something happened to Danny.

TorontoBlades
07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
again...MLS rumours is a rumour page, and that said has broken a lot of stories that ended up being true - go to some of the UK pages for rumour pages that hit way less often.

Also, given some of the b.s. that's posted on these boards sometimes, MLS rumours is actually a breath of fresh air

Just sayin'

jloome
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
That was my understanding as well, though I did think he was talking about Ives at first as well. Who I can't seem to force myself to pronounce it "eye-viss" despite me knowing that was the correct way. Whenever I read it, my brain automatically defaults to "eyves" (as in Ives with a long "i").

I keep seeing it as "yves" .

RedRum
07-01-2009, 12:10 PM
MLS Rumours printed the ramblings of a drunken Cashcleaner claiming Des Moines Iowa was going to get an MLS franchise.

Enough said.

DichioTFC
07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Back to the rumour in question...

Urzaiz sucks, he was a La Liga Barrett.

Lets wait and see how Gerba preforms in the Gold Cup. We may not need a 37 year old striker.

prizby
07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
didn't mo say no 32+ DP's?