PDA

View Full Version : New series on Gol - TFC Space - 6:30 tonight!

Blizzard
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
The series premiers at 6:30pm on GOL today (Tuesday).

Tonight's segments:

-DeRo's induction into the Walk of Fame
-TFC Academy's fine run in the SUM Cup
-Amadou Sanyang and Emanuelle Gomez
-A look back at the year one friendly vs. Aston Villa

jabbronies
06-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Is Gol TV free??

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Tonight's segments:

nice to see more TFC shows airing...

zeelaw
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Is Gol TV free??
in august

Parkdale
06-30-2009, 04:13 PM
in august

can't we just skip July and start august now?

:picard:

kidding.

rocker
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I can turn on GolTV randomly during the day and see something about TFC. Pretty Cool. Most of it's repeats and shitty interviews (well, I love looking at Andi P), but I don't mind. Nice to have wall to wall TFC on TV!

Batman
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Is Gol TV free??

I think it's 2-3 bucks a month.

ochos
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
That Aston Villa game was a classic, yet I rarely hear people on the board bring it up.

We would have tied 3-3 had their offside goal been disallowed/our onside goal been allowed...

And that goal finished off by Dunivant...

olegunnar
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM

Tonight's segments:

Where was this advertised?

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
^Likely cause it was only a friendly. It was a good game though.

Blizzard
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
That Aston Villa game was a classic, yet I rarely hear people on the board bring it up.

We would have tied 3-3 had their offside goal been disallowed/our onside goal been allowed...

And that goal finished off by Dunivant...

We was robbed!!!!! :(

Yohan
06-30-2009, 10:28 PM
does anyone know where I can find the highlights for that Villa game?

Super
06-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Just signed up to GolTV and Fox Sports World Canada AGAIN. Had to drop a lot coz my cable bill was out of control, but these two I missed. Total it's less than 5 bucks a month. Thought it was more, but it's not. Watching TFC Space right now. Really good stuff!

jloome
06-30-2009, 11:58 PM
I rather enjoyed that. Good stuff. Lombardo doing his thing against Aston Villa, now there's a memory for you!

Phil
07-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Nice Music!

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Please get rid of "Off The Pitch" with Andi Petrillo. I hate those stupid pop quiz segments during GolTV game broadcasts - I don't need a concentrated half-hour of them.

How about building a real rapport, and having interesting behind-the-scenes interviews with the players, instead of acting like you're "just hanging" with Stefan Frei at a Boston Pizza, and asking him questions that sound like they were pulled directly from an issue of Tiger Beat.

This show is good though. Glad to see HD is coming to TFC broadcasts in August too. HD and Nigel Reed are my two favourite things about CBC's home game broadcasts.

- Scott

FluSH
07-01-2009, 08:06 AM
anyway we can catch this again?

scooter
07-01-2009, 08:14 AM
most of the stuff on gol is shown more than once check the listings on line

Darlofletch
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Please get rid of "Off The Pitch" with Andi Petrillo. I hate those stupid pop quiz segments during GolTV game broadcasts - I don't need a concentrated half-hour of them.

How about building a real rapport, and having interesting behind-the-scenes interviews with the players, instead of acting like you're "just hanging" with Stefan Frei at a Boston Pizza, and asking him questions that sound like they were pulled directly from an issue of Tiger Beat.

This show is good though. Glad to see HD is coming to TFC broadcasts in August too. HD and Nigel Reed are my two favourite things about CBC's home game broadcasts.

- Scott

The "fun" pop quiz segments of Off the Pitch are pretty crappy (though Dichio refusing to sing his song was brilliant, legend cementing stuff), but the full half hour shows I actually do find quite interesting.

Credit to Andi Petrillo as well, watching her do the first game on gol tv, she sounded like a bit of a newbie, with obvious experience at presenting, but only a very basic grasp of the game, but it seems like her football knowledge has gone up very quickly and now she doesn't bother me at all.

All in all I'm quite enjoying having a channel that (at least until the euro leagues start up again) is about 50% tfc content. well worth the 2 or 3 bucks I was initially bitching about.

felipe
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
I think the segments would be better if she was wrapped in nothing but saran wrap

jloome
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM

- Scott

QFFT, Scott. That shit is painful. Perhaps it's some lame attempt at pandering to the female base, although that's even more insulting, if you're a woman.

Roogsy
07-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Shakes and Jeremy...I agree 110%!!!

BTW...props to Pigfynn and Red City Ramblers for their GREAT songs on the broadcast.

I was looking forward to watching this but when the songs came on I was even more excited!

Pigfynn
07-01-2009, 03:26 PM
^^My 4 year old daughter now believes I'm world famous :)

Roogsy
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
:lol:

Props brutha...

Batman
07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Shakes and Jeremy...I agree 110%!!!

BTW...props to Pigfynn and Red City Ramblers for their GREAT songs on the broadcast.

I was looking forward to watching this but when the songs came on I was even more excited!

I just saw the very end of the show....and was thrilled to hear the Ramblers. Congrats boys!

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
^^My 4 year old daughter now believes I'm world famous :)

You're not?

Every Thursday night, before they go to bed, my kids gather round to hear the legend of Pigfynn. It's their favourite story.

Also, I should mention my kids are imaginary. But don't tell my imaginary wife, Jessica Biel. :D

- Scott