PDA

View Full Version : Canadian club/Footballs melting pot (video)

TFC07
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I was just surfing on youtube and I came across couple of interesting videos:

r3iIEOW0Q_E

since 2007 Toronto FC has been part of the North American football league, Major League Soccer. Toronto FC is the only Canadian team in the league and therefore every time TFC enter the pitch they are defending Canadian football - or soccer as they call it in North America

GNEKp_VD4RA

Toronto's around five million inhabitants consist of around 80 ethnical groups that speak more than 100 different languages. Canada's biggest city is therefore known as a huge melting pot. The diversity of immigrants shows in the city's football teams and their supporters.

Enjoy!

Sally Mack
06-29-2009, 01:45 PM
my grade 9 geography teacher tells me that canada is a cultural mosaic, and america is a melting pot :p lol

zeelaw
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
my grade 9 geography teacher tells me that canada is a cultural mosaic, and america is a melting pot :p lol
he's right... i think melting pot is the wrong name but the idea is correct

Redcoe15
06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I heard someone say once that if the U.S. was a melting pot, then Canada was like a tossed salad.

Like I said, a long time ago. Things have a way of changing. :o

RealG-TFC
06-30-2009, 07:37 AM

LOL That was going through my head as well.