PDA

View Full Version : big bruva and rohan ricketts on hardcore sports radio right now

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 11:07 AM
http://hardcoresportsradio.com/ListenNow.aspx
right now its that english boy who is on thescore footy show but rohan and his cousin are up soon

Darlofletch
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not trying to be pissy here, this is a genuine question, but who is Big Bruva?

Obviously he's Ricketts' cousin and they work together on the shirts and such like, but I recently looked at the shirts for the first time and they actually say "Big bruva tells no lies" on them, and now he's appearing on this show as well.

Is Big Bruva a celebrity in his own right?

Again, genuine curiosity, not trying to cause any shit.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I've always assumed he was like Turtle from Entourage. Those who watch the show will get what I mean.

Shway
06-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Roflmao

Jj.....thats Exactly What He Is

Nestease
06-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Don Bruv King and Iron Ricks

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 11:24 AM
i dont know? and i dont really care, big bruva is a nickname im assuming. a universial one

anyways are u guys listening?
some great points about the confed cup and the madrid game and zidane game...

Troll
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Who gives a shit.

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Who gives a shit.

obviously not u

Oblio2
06-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Big bruvva is his cousin, and he came along for the ride.....
Turtle?
For sure....

Beach_Red
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Big bruvva is his cousin, and he came along for the ride.....
Turtle?
For sure....

Better than Drama.....

Oblio2
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Drama rocks though.....

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Meh...BB is someone with ties to the soccer community in Canada long before RR came along and knows inside info on a lot of players that when appropriate he shares with those interested. Along the way he's seen an opportunity to develop a business.

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with that? I wish him well.

alexintoronto
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2008/09/johnnydramavikingtvs.jpg

Darlofletch
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
i dont know? and i dont really care, big bruva is a nickname im assuming. a universial one

anyways are u guys listening?
some great points about the confed cup and the madrid game and zidane game...

I'm at work so can't listen, what are they saying?

zeelaw
06-29-2009, 11:46 AM
there is some guy on these forums called 'big bruva'... hes on talking right now.... i assume its him

Brooker
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
big bruva tells no lies?

didn't he say rohan ricketts was a good footballer?

jk

Darlofletch
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Meh...BB is someone with ties to the soccer community in Canada long before RR came along and knows inside info on a lot of players that when appropriate he shares with those interested. Along the way he's seen an opportunity to develop a business.

Ok, thanks for answering my question.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
If RR was half the player he is a media whore, he'd be playing for England in next year's WC!

Enough already…you've been cut…not good enough…good luck…let's all move on…FFS…

Dirk Diggler
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I've always assumed he was like Turtle from Entourage. Those who watch the show will get what I mean.

LOL nice one .... although I'd say he's more of a Drama/Turtle hybrid ... and not in a good way either.

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
rohan ricketts should (when he retires) announce / sell tfc games

his true talent is in media...........and apparently shoes

Troll
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM

There's nothing wrong with it at all. But I don't have to care or wish him well do I?

Markham_RPB
06-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Best comparison I think !

:hump:

TFC07
06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Recap?

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 01:44 PM

i dont think its a talent. i think he just enjoys it. i mean who wouldnt?

TicTacTabarnack
06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
So ... What was said? Any interesting tidbits?

billyfly
06-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm not trying to be pissy here, this is a genuine question, but who is Big Bruva?

Obviously he's Ricketts' cousin and they work together on the shirts and such like, but I recently looked at the shirts for the first time and they actually say "Big bruva tells no lies" on them, and now he's appearing on this show as well.

Is Big Bruva a celebrity in his own right?

Again, genuine curiosity, not trying to cause any shit.

That's BS b/c we all know its Ageroo that tells no lies. ;)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14770&highlight=Champions+pic

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
So ... What was said? Any interesting tidbits?

well rohan is goin to buy a house here next year
his cousin (big brava, lives here and has since 99) so we will see rohan again be sure of that
he wants to play over in europe again
he said lots of good things about the tfc supporters and what not, hes a class chap. sad to see him go. but we will see him again at bmo field again im sure ;)

i still think tfc are STUPID to let him go... rohan is more of a threat then itty bitty vitti, whom im still waiting to see flashes of brilliance from..

bhoybobby
06-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Just not good enuff for MLS, a self promoting bore, who can't play football at a level good enuff to be a contributing starter on TFC.:scarf:

rocker
06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
i still think tfc are STUPID to let him go....

stupid? i don't think so. he was contributing very little, making too much money, and last year he was an inconsistent player on a bad team. The team got better and he had no role anymore.
he can't say there was anyone on the team less deserving of starting in the midfield than him.

far from a stupid move.

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
he's good enough for MLS, just needs to find the right team.

but he's better off in europe, he still has time to learn consistency at 27

colman1860
06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
rohan is more of a threat then itty bitty vitti

That is one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read on this forum (and that's not even taking into account the failed vitti joke)

Troll
06-29-2009, 05:25 PM
That is one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read on this forum (and that's not even taking into account the failed vitti joke)

Remember the name, he's full of them.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
enough of Ricketts already... Offfield he was a class dude....onfield he was no better then Andy Welsh.......good luck in europe...(sigh)

bhoybobby
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
he's good enough for MLS, just needs to find the right team.

but he's better off in europe, he still has time to learn consistency at 27

He wasn't good enuff to start in jolly old England either. Not good enuf for MLS. A professional footballer should have the bulk of his learning done at 27. He's had a lot of high level coaching in his career.

He's simply not good enuff for the level he played at in England & MLS, maybe USL, but I doubt that as he's too slow.

He used up a roster spot, was generally shite & grossly overpaid. As for the Vitti comment by another poster. Vitti is a very strong footballer, one of the better ones on our team. A far superior player in application & technical ability to RR.

Good luck to him wherever he goes though:scarf:

Dirk Diggler
06-29-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL ... Ricketts more of a threat than Vitti? MLSE stupid to let him go? Man ... even his own agent or mother would not make such statements. I applaud MLSE for cutting their losses and opening up a roster space in process ... there is no reason why they should be carrying around someone like him in the roster if there are no plans for him.

Cashcleaner
06-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Fuck it, I'll bite. Not once have I been blown away by Rickett's performance on the pitch. He's played some good games and scored a handful of goals, but I just don't think it was enough.

Best of luck and all that, but I think we're better off without him.

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:14 AM

Brilliant show and the whole of the crew have nothing going on in their lives but seeing to Vince so nah not like Turtle really.

I do my own thing as well as look out for family and friends.

Those that watch Entourage will know what i mean lol

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:15 AM
Who gives a shit.

lol the person that created the thread, easy answer.

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Better than Drama.....

Beach_Red i disagree lol Drama helps out Vince but remember Vince is his blood and he struggles but tries very hard to have his own lane lol

Turtle does not even try to have his own lane and is content in just having his life based around Vince, you guys don't wantch Entourage lol

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:21 AM

lololol Roogsy has facts and the facts win 9 times out of 10 thats why i don't really get offended by the people that don't have a clue and try to guess or make up stuff it makes me laugh instead lol

These are the same kinda people that think i came with RR to Canada when like i said on the show i have been here since 1999, guess i was waiting for RR to come to Toronto 8 years later so i could be like Turtle lol

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:23 AM
There's nothing wrong with it at all. But I don't have to care or wish him well do I?

No at all and i have never asked you too lol so why would you?

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:24 AM
i dont think its a talent. i think he just enjoys it. i mean who wouldnt?

Its his personality even when the cameras are not on as most would know if they have met him so i agree NateDoGG

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:25 AM
That's BS b/c we all know its Ageroo that tells no lies. ;)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14770& (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14770&highlight=Champions+pic)
highlight=Champions+pic (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14770&highlight=Champions+pic)

Oh ya Julian is signing soon lol

Daveisonfire
06-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Oh ya Julian is signing soon lol

Bruva you know you can't joke about things like this

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Bruva you know you can't joke about things like this

Daveionfire i wasn't saying J is coming just saying that its what is being said lol

Sorry mate didn't mean to get hopes up bro.

Interesting to see where he goes but like i said there is more chance of it happening now since Ali came than there was before so ya never know lol

Daveisonfire
06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
No worries, I wasn't gonna get my hopes up until I knew if you were joking or not lol

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 03:58 AM
No worries, I wasn't gonna get my hopes up until I knew if you were joking or not lol

lol and then you get people asking "who cares"

Posts like your one above should answer those kinda questions.

Im a fan too ;)

zeelaw
06-30-2009, 08:16 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

English Rachel
06-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Daveionfire i wasn't saying J is coming just saying that its what is being said lol

Sorry mate didn't mean to get hopes up bro.

Interesting to see where he goes but like i said there is more chance of it happening now since Ali came than there was before so ya never know lol

Like I've said before.... I believe :)

Big Bruva
06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Like I've said before.... I believe :)

Sometimes that helps a lot Rachel

;) Glass is half full type thing.

s2cazz
06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I am on the fence with RR... stay or go either way I'm indifferent...he did pull his weight and he did do enough for the team and I don't think he had to go but it does open up a roster slot and fee up salary money so hopefully we can fill it with someone who just does more than RR...

He was definately a class act and I will miss him....and of course I wish him the best