PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Monday , Jun.29

denime
06-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Mornin'

NO TFC News for now.If you find some please post it here.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

CretanBull
06-29-2009, 05:48 AM
Mornin' D

No news? The SSG is pretty hot - that's news!

zamperina
06-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Best SSG of the year!

SilverSamurai
06-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Not TFC news, but Begovic decides to represent Bosnia and not Canada. Talk about a huge blow...
He was the guy in the adidas commercial during the U-20.
http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=961#articlecontinues

denime
06-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Not TFC news, but Begovic decides to represent Bosnia and not Canada. Talk about a huge blow...
http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=961#articlecontinues

I saw this one coming and If he does it I can't blame him.
He has the chance to qualify for WC2010 with Bosnia,and we went out from WCQ almost 10 months ago.

Stouffville_RPB
06-29-2009, 07:40 AM
SSG=top notch

scooter
06-29-2009, 07:41 AM
mornin d

SilverSamurai
06-29-2009, 07:45 AM
I saw this one coming and If he does it I can't blame him.
He has the chance to qualify for WC2010 with Bosnia,and we went out from WCQ almost 10 months ago.
It'll likely backfire if Bosnia doesn't qualify though for this round.
Ah well...
Let's all thank the CSA!:facepalm:

denime
06-29-2009, 07:52 AM
It'll likely backfire if Bosnia doesn't qualify though for this round.
Ah well...
Let's all thank the CSA!:facepalm:

True,but in 3 years he can eventually play in EURO 2012 instead GOLD CUP.

Recently Asmir had a chance to speak with Ciro Blaževic; about the possibility of making his debut for the Bosnian national football team. Barring any red tape from FIFA, he will do so this coming August stating, "I am grateful for the chance to play, especially alongside great players like Džeko, Misimovic, Spahic, Ibisevic... My father, like the rest of my family, would love to see me represent Bosnia, the country of my birth."

Mark in Ottawa
06-29-2009, 07:56 AM
He seemed to be Canada's "goalkeeper of the future"...
So now what does the MNT have as goalkeeping futures?

zeelaw
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Honestly motherf*cking bosnia!

zeelaw
06-29-2009, 08:30 AM
My father, like the rest of my family, would love to see me represent Bosnia, the country of my birth

I don't wanna sound like an ignorant North American but come on Begovic. Fucker.

SilverSamurai
06-29-2009, 08:30 AM
He seemed to be Canada's "goalkeeper of the future"...
So now what does the MNT have as goalkeeping futures?
Well at least Lars still has some time, so the GK situation isn't quite desperate yet, but still it's a blow to the program.
IMO, he should've been capped once the campaign was lost.

SilverSamurai
06-29-2009, 08:31 AM
[/b]I don't wanna sound like an ignorant North American but come on Begovic. Fucker.
[/size][/font]
That I agree with.
Seems like the whole "I'm thankful for Canada" thing was a farce.
Anyways though...

denime
06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Honestly motherf*cking bosnia!

As far soccer goes the are only 50 spots ahead of us in FIFA rankings(Bosnia 33,Canada 83),WCQ 2nd place 4 points ahead of 3rd place and they need only 7 points from 4 games to finish 2nd in their WCQ group what would give them a chance to play 2 games vs other 2nd to go to WC2010.Canada out since Oct.08

Bosnia has fair chance to qulify for next EURO-with Canada he can play in Gold Cup?

:google: some of this players and you will see how strong Bosnian NT is Džeko, Misimovic,Ibisevic,Pjanic (Pjanic told France NT,no thanks).

Being "thankful for Canada",has nothing to do with idiots who put D.Mitchel to be Canadain coach.

He had a beef with Mitchell;

Friday, October 17, 2008-we where out of WCQ at that pont and that was the chance for us to caped him,we didn't,whois to blame?

"Begovic has 11 Under-20 caps but is yet to play for his country's senior team.

"I have my issues with Canada that are personal and that is another thing," he said.

"For me to play well with my club has nothing to do with the national team.

"I would like to play for Canada but it has never been down to me.

"It is down to the people running the team.

"I don't want to say too much about it but I would like to play for Canada."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Amir-Begovic-enjoying-time-Yeovil/article-406758-detail/article.html

Technorgasm
06-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Anyone see mayor miller strutting in his pink TFC kit at pride parade on the n

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 08:53 AM
It would seem the CSA is alienating more players by the day.

Good job you morons.

CoachGT
06-29-2009, 08:57 AM

Saw it on CP24 last night - just about choked (laughing) when I saw it!

denime
06-29-2009, 08:59 AM

I saw it on CP24 and he looked sexy in pink TFC Jersey. :facepalm:

flatpicker
06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Best SSG of the year!

you and I have completely different taste!

SilverSamurai
06-29-2009, 09:08 AM
As far soccer goes the are only 50 spots ahead of us in FIFA rankings(Bosnia 33,Canada 83),WCQ 2nd place 4 points ahead of 3rd place and they need only 7 points from 4 games to finish 2nd in their WCQ group what would give them a chance to play 2 games vs other 2nd to go to WC2010.Canada out since Oct.08

Bosnia has fair chance to qulify for next EURO-with Canada he can play in Gold Cup?

:google: some of this players and you will see how strong Bosnian NT is Džeko, Misimovic,Ibisevic,Pjanic (Pjanic told France NT,no thanks).

Being "thankful for Canada",has nothing to do with idiots who put D.Mitchel to be Canadain coach.

He had a beef with Mitchell;

Friday, October 17, 2008-we where out of WCQ at that pont and that was the chance for us to caped him,we didn't,whois to blame?

"Begovic has 11 Under-20 caps but is yet to play for his country's senior team.

"I have my issues with Canada that are personal and that is another thing," he said.

"For me to play well with my club has nothing to do with the national team.

"I would like to play for Canada but it has never been down to me.

"It is down to the people running the team.

"I don't want to say too much about it but I would like to play for Canada."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Amir-Begovic-enjoying-time-Yeovil/article-406758-detail/article.html
No need to remind us about the "O Glorious Leader" and how he threw the U-20 squad infront of the train instead of taking responsibility.
Just another reason for us to thank the CSA...:facepalm:

Toronto Ruffrider
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
We can thank FIFA for Asmir's latest decision. Thanks to the changes that were made with respect to national eligibility, Asmir became un-cap-tied. In hindsight, I'm sure that even Dale Mitchell would have played him last November had FIFA's current eligibility rules been in place.

Oh well, I guess we're down a promising young goalkeeper now. The NT eligibility door swings both ways, though, so let's do some poaching!:canada:

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
How? What can the CSA possibly offer that would entice a player to play for the CMNT? That's the unfortunate truth. We lose players but can't bring any in. And it all rests on the incompetence of the CSA and the poisoned environment they've created around the national program.

mr k
06-29-2009, 01:34 PM
begovic better give back any money he made off the adidas commercial - though I have heard otherwise on Voyageurs that these news reports don't tell the whole story. But if true, after what Canada has provided for him as a refugee - it is f*** unbelievable that he's going to represent bosnia.

denime
06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
begovic better give back any money he made off the adidas commercial - though I have heard otherwise on Voyageurs that these news reports don't tell the whole story. But if true, after what Canada has provided for him as a refugee - it is f*** unbelievable that he's going to represent bosnia.

You can find some facts about this matter here:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15023

Stouffville_RPB
06-29-2009, 01:51 PM
How? What can the CSA possibly offer that would entice a player to play for the CMNT? That's the unfortunate truth. We lose players but can't bring any in. And it all rests on the incompetence of the CSA and the poisoned environment they've created around the national program.

We have to start new. At the grassroots level be committed to getting players on the national team. Too many clubs have their priorities wrong. Unless things turn around there change at the top will never happen.

mclaren
06-29-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/06/29/to-miller-pride-062809.jpg

Beach_Red
06-29-2009, 04:08 PM

What does it mean?

DichioTFC
06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Being fair to Begovic, he was born in Bosnia, Bosnia has a very good chance at qualifying for the World Cup and it is a recovering war-torn country.

He's still a traitor, but I understand.

Inswingingwingman
06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Will he wet his pants if he goes there and hears gunfire?

Or run back to Canada...stay away from Jane and Finch.

boban
06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Will he wet his pants if he goes there and hears gunfire?

Or run back to Canada...stay away from Jane and Finch.
Jane & Finch is a walk n the park for him.
You would shit your pants in the area where he is from.