PDA

View Full Version : Brennan and the Captain's Armband

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 09:54 AM
My buddies and I recently noticed that Brennan wears the Captain's armband over the Canadian flag. I think this is a disgrace to our country especially since he is Canadian. I also noticed that Kyle Beckerman, the Real Captain and an American, wears his armband over the MLS logo. Do you think Brennan should do the same?

Jack
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
He wears it on the side that's comfortable.

Who cares?

Carts
06-28-2009, 10:06 AM
This thread and this issue = EPIC FAIL.

Christ, when are we going to start complaining about hair styles...???

Azerban
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
come on guys this is a legitimate thread that is worthy of our time and considerahahahahahahahahaa

Jack
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Don't flame him either guys...

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Personally, I could care less about hairstyles. As a Canadian, he should be more respectful to OUR country. If he were American playing on an American team, that would never happen as they have a lot of pride in what the flag stands for. That is why Beckerman wears his over the MLS logo. Anyone who considers themselves Canadian should care about this.:canada:

Jack
06-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Personally, I could care less about hairstyles. As a Canadian, he should be more respectful to OUR country. If he were American playing on an American team, that would never happen as they have a lot of pride in what the flag stands for. That is why Beckerman wears his over the MLS logo. Anyone who considers themselves Canadian should care about this.:canada:
Not really, man.

Being a proud Canadian is about more than a flag sewn on your jersey.

WHITEY
06-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Are you sure the Hippie doesn't wear the armband over the MLS logo because thats where it is comfortable for him or did I miss an interview where he made mention of this?

El Latin Lover
06-28-2009, 10:34 AM

I don't normally post on here I just lurk but I agree LMAO!!

It doesn't matter because there are 10 other players showing the Canadian flag playing on the only Canada team in MLS right now where they now play the Canadian anthem before every game TFC plays in.

Why not complain about conisistency or tactics or why amado guevara is the leading goal scorer on a team with 4 or 5 forwards.

Azerban
06-28-2009, 10:38 AM
An evil glare comes over Brennan's face as he attaches the captains armband over the Canadian flag. "I hope nobody notices this intentional and subversive, yet subtle, action, but even if they do, no one can stop me! Death to Canada!"

James Oliphant
06-28-2009, 11:26 AM
come on guys this is a legitimate thread that is worthy of our time and considerahahahahahahahahaa

Eeeeexaaaaaactlllyyyyyy...

Blazer
06-28-2009, 11:34 AM
40 votes?!

I guess people feel it's a legitimate enough thread ...

H Bomb
06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah i'm pretty sure it just passed in the courts that button clicking now equals legitimacy...

H Bomb
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
the idea that some people would find covering a canada flag PATCH the slightest bit unpatriotic in any way blows my mind. I didn't know that line of thinking existed

Blazer
06-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm guilty of owning boxer shorts that have the Canadian flag on them. Am I unpatriotic?

Carter
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
My buddies and I recently noticed that Brennan wears the Captain's armband over the Canadian flag. I think this is a disgrace to our country especially since he is Canadian. I also noticed that Kyle Beckerman, the Real Captain and an American, wears his armband over the MLS logo. Do you think Brennan should do the same?

Are you serious?

:picard::facepalm::picard:

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought the thread would discussing the subject of wether or not Brennan should be team captain. A bigger, more important issue to my way of thinking.

Jamaicanadian
06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I've been waiting and anticipating the day I could use this :picard:
Thanks!
:canada:

Nuvinho
06-28-2009, 12:14 PM
is BMO then anti-Canadian because they have their logo over the Canadian flag on the front of the jersey??

errr....Maybe Jimmy just prefers to wear the armband on that side......each person has their preference.

Yohan
06-28-2009, 12:23 PM
personally, I think Brennan should wear the armband around his head

Ryan1984
06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
:picard:

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I guess I just have more love for Canada then most people on here! I also believe Brennan's time as captain should be up. I think Dero or Serioux would be better choices in my opinion. I also think that the BMO logo on the front of the jersey takes away from our Patch on the front.

Blazer
06-28-2009, 01:14 PM
^ That's likely it.

H Bomb
06-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I guess I just have more love for Canada then most people on here!

Nahh, just more love for patches it seems :canada:

WHITEY
06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I guess I just have more love for Canada then most people on here! I also believe Brennan's time as captain should be up. I think Dero or Serioux would be better choices in my opinion. I also think that the BMO logo on the front of the jersey takes away from our Patch on the front.

I didn't realize to show love for my country I had to be easily offended by a patch sewn on to a half sleeve of a jersey being covered up by the Captain's armband:noidea:

Carter
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM

:picard: Again are you serious? :picard:

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 02:14 PM
If it no big deal, then why do most people sing the anthem at the beginning of the game? It all is the same idea of representing your country that you live in and probably were born in. Aren't the Red Patch Boys named after a Canadian Infantry Division who fought for our flag and freedoms?

cmonyoureds
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
If it no big deal, then why do most people sing the anthem at the beginning of the game? It all is the same idea of representing your country that you live in and probably were born in. Aren't the Red Patch Boys named after a Canadian Infantry Division who fought for our flag and freedoms?

I'd be in favor of eliminating the anthem too......it always make me laugh to see a good majority of players standing on the touchline listening to 3 minutes of a song they probably don't know the words too. Oh, and many sing the american anthem when played too, so are they all dual citizens?

Jack
06-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't think it's a big deal for Jim Brennan to wear his armband on the arm that's most comfortable to him, even if it happens to cover the flag on his jersey.

noochie
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM

It's not like he is ripping it off the shirt...:noidea:

Fushida
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM
this is a pleasant change from the usual morning-after-a-loss chat... at least...

that point aside....

:facepalm:

Inklink
06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Also, when a player falls he should never fall on the side with the Canadian flag. The flag must not touch the ground. It's disrespectful.

:facepalm:

ensco
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I've also had enough of the disrespectful way Brennan looks at people on the field.

Doesn't he realize that life is short, and we'd all be better off if we just loved one another?

Fushida
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
this is what happens without the complaint thread :D

edit: found it http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12233&page=8&highlight=complaint+thread

Cambridge_Red
06-28-2009, 02:58 PM
My buddies and I recently noticed that there isn't enough Camel Toe at BMO Field. I think this is a disgrace to our country especially since we all love it. I also noticed that at Toyota Park, the Americans, wears the MLS logo over their CamelToes. Do you think Women at BMO should do the same?

SUCCESSFUL TROLL

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Do you honestly think that there is a difference in comfort between the left or right arm? As for getting rid of the anthems, you must be joking? That is just ridiculous! I know it's not like ripping it off, which by the way he would NEVER do because he IS Canadian.

Yohan
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
am I being disrespectful if I have sex with a chick who wears a Maple Leaf bikini?

WHITEY
06-28-2009, 03:25 PM
am I being disrespectful if I have sex with a chick who wears a Maple Leaf bikini?

Only if you "cover" it up!

OneLoveOneEric
06-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I'd be in favor of eliminating the anthem too......it always make me laugh to see a good majority of players standing on the touchline listening to 3 minutes of a song they probably don't know the words too. Oh, and many sing the american anthem when played too, so are they all dual citizens?

+1.
The most irrelevant thing to happen to club sport. And probably something that only leagues with American teams do anymore, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

WHITEY
06-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Do you honestly think that there is a difference in comfort between the left or right arm? As for getting rid of the anthems, you must be joking? That is just ridiculous! I know it's not like ripping it off, which by the way he would NEVER do because he IS Canadian.

As far as I'm concerned anthems should only be played at world events; there is no reason to play an anthem prior to a soccer match, hockey game or football game. The teams in club/league play represent thier cities not the entire country.

Redcoe15
06-28-2009, 04:06 PM
:picard: < Oh sweet Jesus Fucking Christ!

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I think JB sould wear the C over the MLS patch, why not ?

DichioTFC
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Feel free to ask JB if he's a proud Canadian.

The poll was a good idea but CLEARLY the will of RPB nation is that its a non-issue. He's OUR captain, he's brought us a championship, and he can wear it as a headband like Vitti if he chooses.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-28-2009, 04:58 PM

........ did u cover it up or could u see it ?

My buddies and I recently noticed that there isn't enough Camel Toe at BMO Field. I think this is a disgrace to our country especially since we all love it. I also noticed that at Toyota Park, the Americans, wears the MLS logo over their CamelToes. Do you think Women at BMO should do the same?

why even make a post ?

Also, when a player falls he should never fall on the side with the Canadian flag. The flag must not touch the ground. It's disrespectful.

WOW ! When a player fall's he can't do anything about it , but J B put the C over the flag at he's own will.

He wears it on the side that's comfortable.

Who cares?

o come on " more comfortable " how could it be that uncomfortable on the other side really

An evil glare comes over Brennan's face as he attaches the captains armband over the Canadian flag. "I hope nobody notices this intentional and subversive, yet subtle, action, but even if they do, no one can stop me! Death to Canada!"

Wow ! To much time on your hand's

Shakes McQueen
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Last week I caught Brennan outside BMO Field, cooking hotdogs over a burning Canadian flag.

- Scott

Cambridge_Red
06-28-2009, 08:06 PM
........ did u cover it up or could u see it ?

why even make a post ?

WOW ! When a player fall's he can't do anything about it , but J B put the C over the flag at he's own will.

o come on " more comfortable " how could it be that uncomfortable on the other side really

Wow ! To much time on your hand's

Sarcasm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm)

Sarcasm is the use of sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule.

Maybe just maybe I was being a little sarcastic. I cannot believe there is a thread devoted to such drivel.. No wonder none of the old members ever post here anymore.

TFC FORZA RPB
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
LOL i think if you really look into the initial poll and posts, their is another underlining point, and that would be, should JB have the "C"?

lol imo jb should not be our captain, personally i would much rather see Dero carry the "C", so far this season and last he has been the only one that i have seen actually put everything he had into it, and of course that was the last montreal game. On top of that he has actually spoken out about issues concerning the club ie, the Turf

As far as JB bringing us the championship, i guess he did technically, and although it's our first piece of hardware, personally to me it was meaningless, and had they not won their would be some serious changes from managment to personal as our "A" squad should have destroyed Montreal's "B" squad as they did. Needless to say, while JB was being presented with the Trophy that was the one moment that i could not bare to watch.

On a side note, i would rather see JB in the midfield, rather in the LB role, where he can be more productive.

lol

AL-MO
06-28-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't even know how to respond to this thread.

Roogsy
06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
I do.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Roogs/boobsanimatedavatars30.gif

AL-MO
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Why can't you have that as your avatar again!!!

Roogsy
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Because I can't decide between that one and this one:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Roogs/1000.gif

Jamaicanadian
06-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Roogsy: I cant stop looking at that gif!!! Nuff Respect :canada:
#2...#2...:hump:

denime
06-28-2009, 09:54 PM
WHOOOOOOOOO Careeeeeeeeeeeeeeees ??

FluSH
06-28-2009, 09:56 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=601820#post601820

grizzle
06-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I think Alex Rios answered this one best.

Ratven
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
I think this thread brings up a very good point.

How DARE does Kyle Beckerman cover up the glorious MLS logo with his Captain's armband? At least Jimmy B has the respect for the league that employs him. Who are these people commenting on Kyle Beckerman as an example, when he's spitting on the coveted MLS shield, biting the hand that feeds him. It's a disgrace. The flag? What's a flag, some arbitrary logo we once decided would represent our nation, but the MLS logo bears the heart, soul and identity of this fine league to which we should all owe a debt of gratitude. For this league, with its mixture of top class management, world class talent and professional organizational structure provides us with the very BEST this sport has to offer.

Down with Beckerman, hats off to Jimmy B!

Ratven
06-29-2009, 01:17 AM
But seriously, I thought this thread was going to be regarding whether or not Jimmy B should be wearing the captains armband period... which I think is a substantially more valid question than the current thread topic.

Azerban
06-29-2009, 07:34 AM
this is literally the worst thread in months, a thread dedicated to calling a man who has played for our national team not canadian enough, and if you can't make fun of it you are tacitly accepting this as reasonable discourse

i wonder why all the halfway intelligent people have left this forum maybe it's because it panders to the lowest denominator goddamn imaginable

Shaughno
06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
this is literally the worst thread in months, a thread dedicated to calling a man who has played for our national team not canadian enough, and if you can't make fun of it you are tacitly accepting this as reasonable discourse

i wonder why all the halfway intelligent people have left this forum maybe it's because it panders to the lowest denominator goddamn imaginable

It's a shame, but it's a large reason why.

jaahuuu
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Do you honestly think that there is a difference in comfort between the left or right arm?
Yep. Do you always put your watch on the same arm? Do you always put your wallet in the same pocket? Why?

Does it bother you that everybody in the south stand stands with their back to the canadian flags too?

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Listen guys, I agree with you. This is a phenomenally stupid thing to complain about.

But people have a right to post their thoughts so long as it doesn't violate board rules.

The mistake we are ALL making is paying attention to these dumb threads. We should've simply let it drop off into the obscurity of the latter pages, instead, we keep it at the top and keep commenting on it, foolishly believing that our rationality will somehow rub off on people who complain about the silliest things.

This is the internet folks. If we don't want to be exposed to foolish rantings, we shouldn't be on the interwebs! It's too bad people leave because of this, but then they themselves are contributing to a higher percentage of low quality threads since they no longer contribute higher quality discussion.

Blazer
06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
I think Alex Rios answered this one best.

"Who geevs a fuuk" :smilielol5:

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 09:07 AM
^ And this is exactly how we keep these topics at the top. Let's let it drop and let the OP complain to himself about something nobody else gives much care about.

I think most of us know what a proud Canadian Jimmy is...and we don't take his using the armband on one arm or the other as any indication otherwise.

How about we let this drop?

Blazer
06-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Just chill out dude. Don’t take this board so literally and to heart. It'll fade in due time, relax.

Roogsy
06-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I am perfectly chilled. However, you sort of made my point for me and I am simply pointing that out. People complain about stupid topics and yet we ourselves keep those topics at the top of the board, giving the OP the soapbox he desired.

Blazer
06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I doubt he desired a soapbox, rather the validation from others on what he thought was an issue.

I think, based on the overwhelming criticism and laughter generated, he learned what not to post instead of how to get a rouse out of people. Which I’m sure he was not looking for. He was genuine, just green is all.

Now he and others know as a result of threads like these.

Azerban
06-29-2009, 09:56 AM
But people have a right to post their thoughts so long as it doesn't violate board rules.

I had posts in this thread deleted that broke no rules according to the RPB Forums Rules and Regulations (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/faq.php), without an explanation.

denime; bad mod

Jack
06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I had posts in this thread deleted that broke no rules according to the RPB Forums Rules and Regulations (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/faq.php), without an explanation.

denime; bad mod
Needless flaming that was not neccessary.

The posts were deleted by me.

v00d00daddy
06-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I am perfectly chilled. However, you sort of made my point for me and I am simply pointing that out. People complain about stupid topics and yet we ourselves keep those topics at the top of the board, giving the OP the soapbox he desired.

I agree. If you don't like a topic, don't post in the thread.

Unfortunately, once one part of the "borg collective" starts to make fun, everybody else needs to follow.

It's so sad.

If you don't like a thread, why not just let it die by not posting?

NateDoGG
06-29-2009, 12:01 PM
this thread sucks.

Phil
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Well this really seems to have run its course.

I agree with V00d00 on this, if you don't like it don't post in it.

I am going to close this one.