PDA

View Full Version : Post-Match Thread: TFC @ RSL

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
3-0 RSL the final. :picard:

Guevara was shit. Brennan is just about on my "Must Go" list. The sub decision were shit. This whole game was shit.

I knew this would happen eventually but these bad league performances on the road are piling up. We do this again and I'm going to be really doubting this team again.

Oh well, we're still the fucking champions of Canada. :canada:

Marc"2L"
06-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Gods, merge please

billyfly
06-27-2009, 10:32 PM
so this is what if feels like to be NYRB

MUFC_Niagara
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
A poor performance in which we looked very tired. 2 weeks rest and hopefully a response to this very poor showing.

Marc"2L"
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Nah, this feels like tfc 2007, 2008, oh wait. I see a trend here.

dag
06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, that brought us back down to earth, didn't it?

Jack
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm...we were shit.

Let's move on to the next game and just plain write that one off.

Super
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, let's try and break everything down, though. We're good at home, but bad away from home. That's pretty much like most teams in the MLS - it's just the nature of this league. Add to that the fact that RSL had more rest than our players - and we were pretty much guaranteed to lose this game. My worry is that if we do end up beating Puerto Rico for a spot in the Champions League, those extra 6 games will no doubt drain our players to the point where making the play-offs will be an impossible dream. It's impossible to do everything in a league with a salary cap, but with 9 away and only 5 home games (?) we're not in a good spot right now.

Oh well.

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
In other news I'm totally kicking ass in Trophy Manager. :D

Big game at San Jose 2 weeks from now and we can't fuck that up. If we do then I'm really scared.

Shakes McQueen
06-27-2009, 10:42 PM
It was a tough, disheartening loss, but meh - losses happen. I assume Man Utd fans didn't go up in arms and call their team absolute shit when the lost to Fulham this season, and the EPL is a league with no parity whatsoever.

Disappointed in the performance - the team just looked gassed. I'm willing to chalk this up to fatigue from playing just a couple of days ago. But we better come out looking a hell of a lot better in the next match.

We are still in the thick of the playoff hunt, so I can let the odd shit game go. Plus I'm still inclined to think our better days this season are ahead of us, with the arrival of OBW, Gerba, and whoever else incoming.

If we come out flat again next weekend, then I will start to get really concerned.

- Scott

SoccMan
06-27-2009, 10:42 PM
It's easy to pick on Brennan, but what about Robinson who was beat by RSL players on two of the goals. When was the last time TFC has put in a decent on road performance, and please don't include the Cup game against the Impact reserves.

Damien
06-27-2009, 10:43 PM
It's too bad the first goal really took away all of the momentum we had in the first 10-15 mins.

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I love DeRo but when that counter-attack occurred in the 2nd half he held onto the ball way too long when we had numbers. He tries to do it by himself a lot and that's a negative. I can't blame him considering we don't have the players that can finish like DeRo.

Still he needs to know when to fucking pass when the counter is on.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, let's try and break everything down, though. We're good at home, but bad away from home. That's pretty much like most teams in the MLS - it's just the nature of this league. Add to that the fact that RSL had more rest than our players - and we were pretty much guaranteed to lose this game. My worry is that if we do end up beating Puerto Rico for a spot in the Champions League, those extra 6 games will no doubt drain our players to the point where making the play-offs will be an impossible dream. It's impossible to do everything in a league with a salary cap, but with 9 away and only 5 home games (?) we're not in a good spot right now.

Oh well.

Already making excuses for future losses?

Forget that. We started off well tonight and then fell apart after one mistake.

Guevara looked out of it but I still don't think he should have been subbed off.

Dichio came in and looked like shit.

Barrett was terrible all game but managed to play more of it than....

Vitti was good and was subbed off for a defender when we're down two goals.

For all the boneheaded moves tonight...Cummins was by far the worst.

How do you leave Cronin and Robbo out there when we're down two goals? It makes no sense. Robbo should have been subbed out instead of Vitti.

Did anybody else notice Robbo yell at Frei in the first half when he played the ball out of touch because an RSL player was down? I hope Frei told Robbo to fuck himself. Who the hell yells at the only guy playing well?

Also...Jimmy B has been brutal lately.

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
It's easy to pick on Brennan, but what about Robinson who was beat by RSL players on two of the goals. When was the last time TFC has put in a decent on road performance, and please don't include the Cup game against the Impact reserves.

How about Kansas City on opening day?

I will pick on Brennan because he's the captain of this team. He shows no leadership and makes dumbass plays and decisions. That's been the story of season 3. I think he's regressed at the same or slightly lesser rate than Wynne.

Robbo is inconsistent and it showed tonight. But I still think he's a good center back.

Shakes McQueen
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
It's too bad the first goal really took away all of the momentum we had in the first 10-15 mins.

Yeah, we looked great the first 10-15 minutes. If Guevara didn't make that boneheaded pass attempt, and we got our groove back, who knows how this could have ended up.

As soon as they went up 1-0, they were able to more easily retain possession, and run our already gassed looking team's legs into the ground.

I think Jack has the right idea - let's just move on from this. It wasn't a do-or-die game for us, it was on the road, and it was our second game in four days. No need to have a heart attack on here for the next 5-6 days.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Did anybody else notice Robbo yell at Frei in the first half when he played the ball out of touch because an RSL player was down? I hope Frei told Robbo to fuck himself. Who the hell yells at the only guy playing well?

I thought he was yelling at Frei because Frei HADN'T played the ball out, and was just holding it at his feet?

- Scott

Sally Mack
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that dero tries to do too much with the ball at his feet when the chips are down?

I for sure noticed it against the whitecraps, and saw it again today. As he gets more desperate I guess he feels the need to take on more responsibility and do everything himself. On more than 2 occasions today I saw him pass up easy passes, only to take on 2 or more defenders. Either he doesn't trust his teammates, or simply plays with too much pride. Either way, he expends all this energy taking on multiple defenders and has no gas to win the ball back once he loses it.

S_D
06-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that dero tries to do too much with the ball at his feet when the chips are down?

The way the entire team played I am not surprised.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I thought he was yelling at Frei because Frei HADN'T played the ball out, and was just holding it at his feet?

- Scott

I'm pretty sure Frei played it out but I could be wrong. Whatever I guess. It was a sign of things to come.

I don't want to dwell on this but I'm sure there will be a lot of criticism of the play tonight, and rightly so.

Sally Mack
06-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Looked to me like he was yelling at frei for taking too long to kick it out

TFC07
06-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Already making excuses for future losses?

Forget that. We started off well tonight and then fell apart after one mistake.

Guevara looked out of it but I still don't think he should have been subbed off.

Dichio came in and looked like shit.

Barrett was terrible all game but managed to play more of it than....

Vitti was good and was subbed off for a defender when we're down two goals.

For all the boneheaded moves tonight...Cummins was by far the worst.

How do you leave Cronin and Robbo out there when we're down two goals? It makes no sense. Robbo should have been subbed out instead of Vitti.

Also...Jimmy B has been brutal lately.

This ticked me off the most!

- Why did Cummins subbed off Vitti instead of Barrett? Why bring in a defender instead of striker? This doesn't make any sense at all unless Vitti was hurt or he asked to come off.

- Frei and Vitti were only TFC players who played decent today.

- DeRo started off great, but then started to do everything on his own.

- I wonder if Guevara wanted to come off or got into an argument during halftime which resulted not starting 2nd half. Robbo should have been subbed off instead of Guevara.

- Jimmy B needs to be benched for a game or two.

- Our backline is too slow.

- TFC really needs to stop playing long balls all the time. Keep the ball on ground.

Fushida
06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
i think guevara sub was right. he was invisible after his mistake. partly because we were long balling 99% of the time, and partly because he was just not that interested in the game.

dero was in and out of the game, and hogged the ball a bit too much near the end. can't blame him that much though, the likes of barrett weren't exactly making dynamic runs in support.

dichio didn't do much, sadly. barrett... the guy's garbage no matter how many (?!) goals he can score at the right time to make some change their minds. i'd REALLY like to sympathize with him, but on days like this its hard. vitti was on and off. he worked hard, had decent ball control at times, then held on to the ball too long or passed it off to RSL players. it was a bad performance, but better than a lot of others...

i was a bit confused by vitti for velez too... even if it was for the yellow card it didn't make much sense :facepalm: it was for switching to a 3-5-2, which wasn't a terrible idea at the time but obviously didn't work out in hindsight... if anything it allowed our slow back line to get expoited even more... but the way nana was playing we pretty much had only 3 at the back anyway.

robbo has been going steadily downhill since the beginning of the season. i don't know what good things can be pointed out about his game, but he's lost it. the 2nd goal was more his fault than anyone else's... the fact that he committed himself so half-assed and didn't follow up... his passing is suspect as always...

this has probably been cronin's worst game. i hope this USMNT callup hasn't gone to his head. i'm a huge fan of his but he was mostly anonymous today. again, partially due to the long ball, but when he tried to get into it he lost the ball more often than he should have.

loconet
06-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Hmm, what a flat performance. It transfered to AL-MO's, Davyd's and my beer.

Our midfield was non-existent! On to the next game.

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I AM SO FUCKING PISSED!

I haven't seen this level of fail from TFC in a long time. Yes. This game was worse than Vancouver game. At least vs Whitecaps TFC created chances.

2 lousy shots on goal. I think Rimando was tested like maybe once. (fingertip save late in 2nd half)

The lads started good first 20mins. Then Guevara made a boneheaded giveaway and it's like the lads got kicked in the balls and all motivation just drained out.

Can't put together two lousy passes for the rest of the game. The defence looked like they collectively drank stupid juice and can't mark for shit.

Vitti and Barrett wandered around aimless like clueless gits.
Cronin was pushed around like a little girl.
Robbo tried hard, but he was pretty clueless all game.
Serioux's worst game as TFC player. I fault him for Mathis goal. Keep missing tackles and couldn't mark anyone properly.
I had no idea what Attakora was trying to do, other than it ended up going nowhere.
Brennan was ok early in the game, but he was clueless too.
Garcia tried hard, but he can't do it alone when rest of the backline sucked.
Even the big man Dichio had a terrible game. Then again, I think he had like 3 touches after he came on.

I blame this a lot on Cummins.
Stupid long balls that went nowhere. If you're going to play long ball, you have to be smart, and put in someone who can get on the end of those long balls. That means you start with Dichio, NOT CHAD FRACKING BARRETT at CF.

Dichio is effective from the start because he can set the tone and boss the opposition CBs around. Stupid kick and chase game doesn't work.

Gotta give it to Kreis and RSL. They came with a plan and executed perfectly. They didn't make too many chances, but they used their chances well. Clearly they showed more desire, as you can tell by bossing around TFC whenever a TFC player had the ball.

The worst part is, THAT FRACKING HIPPY BECKERMAN SCORED

Fushida
06-27-2009, 11:10 PM
^^ agreed. you summed it up pretty well.

:picard:

on a brighter note, morales was good entertainment in a drab match. someone needs to make a GIF of the foul that ended his game. when he reached up towards the ref in pain after the ref told him to get up... it was amazing.

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:14 PM
^^ agreed. you summed it up pretty well.

:picard:

on a brighter note, morales was good entertainment in a drab match. someone needs to make a GIF of the foul that ended his game. when he reached up towards the ref in pain after the ref told him to get up... it was amazing.
Man. That was pure comedy.

I thought Guevara and Shitlicker was pretty bad for embellishment, but Morales is right up with him.

Fushida
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
to quote the great craig forrest on morales' game ending injury:

"WWE is more reality than this"

he had a few other one liners too... they were generally pretty good as well...

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 11:19 PM
What concerns me is that whenever we give up the first goal we are certain to give up another.

We haven't lost 1-0 in nearly 2 years. For the longest while we just fall behind 1-0 then go on and get behind 2-0 if we don't equalize. Our inability to at least TRY to make an effort to come back instead of fall over dead and concede again is alarming.

We've only managed to win twice in our history coming from a goal down. That other time besides 3-1 against the Revs?

Toronto FC 6 Montreal 1

Super
06-27-2009, 11:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MAja5Xegliw/SFnJo1Bq2QI/AAAAAAAAANs/TbcOqCJaQls/s320/Peter+Griffin+grabbing+his+knee+(photoshopped).jpg

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:24 PM
i also enjoyed the mysterious corners Toronto keep getting in first half

DoubleUp
06-27-2009, 11:27 PM
No support! off the ball movement is poor. to many people standing around.

Darlofletch
06-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Frei and Garcia were ok, about as blameless as a goalie and defender can be in a 3-0 loss. Vitti I thought had a decent second half until he got subbed.

De Ro tried to get us back in the game all by himself which didn't help. the rest of them just plain didn't play well.

Who was suposed to be marking Beckerman the two times he ran in to the box to meet the cross from the left? Robinson was more towards the guy who crossed, so presumably cronin or guevara? either way, not a good job.

When was the last time Dichio made an effective sub appearance? When he starts he's a dominant player, but he seems very ineffective as a sub for some reason.

bah!

two weeks off, hopefully we'll be better, and hopefully Serioux can get back to full fitness, or at least get close, and hopefully new players will be here soon.

Blazer
06-27-2009, 11:31 PM
3-0 RSL the final. :picard:

Guevara was shit. Brennan is just about on my "Must Go" list. The sub decision were shit. This whole game was shit.

I knew this would happen eventually but these bad league performances on the road are piling up. We do this again and I'm going to be really doubting this team again.

Oh well, we're still the fucking champions of Canada. :canada:

Let's not get too bent out of shape here. This is still an average team. We all want what’s coming (hopefully) in the next few years but lets call a spade a spade. We beat a couple of USL teams, that makes us better than any other Canadian team but by no means does it make us a good team.

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I really don't understand why the defence drinks stupid juice on the road?

Way too frigging casual on defence, like it's a pick up game or something

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I agree with your point but with the recent success in league and NCC play I thought maybe, albeit against shit teams, that we could turn the corner and try to repeat the success consistently enough to earn a playoff spot.

Right now I still think that's the case but these performances are hindering my confidence. As far as I'm concerned if we don't beat San Jose and Houston then we're done.

We haven't won a July game in our history and we have to do it now. Let's not forget the end-of-month match against the KKKrew.

I could also call this season a bust, admit we're average, but give Mo a 10 year extension on his 5 year plan. :D

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Was it me, or did I see a NEE banner?

Poor lads. Going all the way to Salt Lake to see worst TFC game in a long time

Yohan
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I agree with your point but with the recent success in league and NCC play I thought maybe, albeit against shit teams, that we could turn the corner and try to repeat the success consistently enough to earn a playoff spot.
RSL is not a shit team.

Excuses for losing this game incl 3 days rest, elevation of Salt Lake City and Kyle Beckerman's hippy hair which may have voodoo powers

Right now I still think that's the case but these performances are hindering my confidence. As far as I'm concerned if we don't beat San Jose and Houston then we're done.

I'll be happy with a draw vs Houston at home, because Houston is frigging good.

But SJ game now is a MUST WIN game, or because I can't see TFC having many chances of picking up 3 points on the road.
And it's not going to be easy either, with Huckerby back in the lineup and SJ GM clearing some roster spots to sign few people soon I think

TFC USA
06-27-2009, 11:51 PM
RSL is not a shit team.

Excuses for losing this game incl 3 days rest, elevation of Salt Lake City and Kyle Beckerman's hippy hair which may have voodoo powers

I'll be happy with a draw vs Houston at home, because Houston is frigging good.

But SJ game now is a MUST WIN game, or because I can't see TFC having many chances of picking up 3 points on the road.
And it's not going to be easy either, with Huckerby back in the lineup and SJ GM clearing some roster spots to sign few people soon I think

Probably worded that wrong. I'm saying against the likes of the Shite Bulls and L'impact maybe their confidence would build up with their backs against the wall.

I consider Houston in a way, a "must win" because after that we only have 4 more home games to go, against DC United, Colorado, San Jose, and RSL. Three of those teams are at a minimum good. We can't just drop points at BMO continuously like we have sans Shite Bulls.

Super
06-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Judging by last seasons you need a minimum of 40 pts to qualify for the play-offs. That means we need 18 points to add to our current 22. We need to win 4 (12 pts) of the 5 home games AND pick up at least 2 wins and 2 draws (8 pts) out of the 9 road games left in the season. That should give us a total of 42 pts - and a spot in the play-offs. Now, that IS no doubt possible. However, that means we have to more or less win all of our home games PLUS pick up points in HALF our away games.

It's going to be tough, that's for damn sure. And not a whole lot easier with the Champions League in mind as well (if we beat Puerto Rico).

Yohan
06-28-2009, 01:54 AM
hrm. So Guevara got subbed due to ankle problems
Velez got subbed so that TFC can play 3-5-2 with Brennan and Nana pushing up the wings.
Ibby for Barrett is straight sub.

Mo better have few players coming in soon because the lack of depth killed us.

Would have been nice to see Gala or Gomez get a few mins in lost game situations like today

Mojo
06-28-2009, 02:46 AM
I AM SO FUCKING PISSED!

I haven't seen this level of fail from TFC in a long time.

Yeah, @ Houston and @ Vancouver were a long time ago.

phonzo
06-28-2009, 04:37 AM
one thing missed here....craig forrest is a giant douche. As everyone clearly stated here TFC played a lousy match but my God that man bitches and bitches...more then me!

Shakes McQueen
06-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Judging by last seasons you need a minimum of 40 pts to qualify for the play-offs. That means we need 18 points to add to our current 22. We need to win 4 (12 pts) of the 5 home games AND pick up at least 2 wins and 2 draws (8 pts) out of the 9 road games left in the season. That should give us a total of 42 pts - and a spot in the play-offs. Now, that IS no doubt possible. However, that means we have to more or less win all of our home games PLUS pick up points in HALF our away games.

It's going to be tough, that's for damn sure. And not a whole lot easier with the Champions League in mind as well (if we beat Puerto Rico).

It may end up being less than 40 this season - there's been way, way more draws this season than in previous ones, which you would have to presume results in less points being handed out to all teams.

That said, I'd like to solidly make the playoffs, not scrape in off the misfortunes of other teams, if possible.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-28-2009, 04:46 AM

Poor lads. Going all the way to Salt Lake to see worst TFC game in a long time

Yeah, I'd be gutted.

I don't think it's their worst game in a long time though. I think the loss to Vancouver was far worse.

I'd be irate about the result last night, if we simply got outclassed from a talent stand point, from first whistle to last. Instead, we came out flying, then a couple of errors buried us, and we quickly started to look tired and listless (I assume from the Wed game)

Now that they have some time to rest, we better come out swinging in our next game, or I will start to get concerned again.

- Scott

Inswingingwingman
06-28-2009, 04:57 AM
I had 2 things on yesterday's agenda.

Jays game ....I had to turn that off....it was embarassing.

Then wait all day and half the night for the Reds.

Someone must have paid AG to play for the other team, best pass all night was probably the one he made to give them the first goal.

I'm not supposed to get upset and spike my blood pressure, by then the Italian Red Wine I was drinking caused me to dive...straight to bed.

I'm beyond pissed. I hate teams that look like they are not even trying.

TFC RuKKuS RPB
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I thought the reffing was some of the worst I have seen in recent memory. There were many calls not made, including the handball by Real in the first half. I also thought the tackle on Barrett should have been a yellow card. Instead, the first yellow went to Vitti for such a dumb play, but not worth a yellow.
I also think that after the 10th minute, we looked tired due to the Wednesday game, plus the altitude and we couldn't keep up to them.

Alixir
06-28-2009, 10:10 AM
What I saw last night has been reminiscent of the past 2 losing seasons.
Flashes of the Braz era came to mind last night...cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross...no wonder they couldn't get shit going last night. Not hard to defend against a team that tries the same thing everytime they have posession.
The best chance they had last night came off a crack from Brennan from 20 yards out.

GeorgeB
06-28-2009, 10:15 AM

Poor lads. Going all the way to Salt Lake to see worst TFC game in a long timeit was Croat and Krazy Kanadian.probably the only two that made the trip down.looking forward to their stories about their time in the mormon capital.lol

Bobo
06-28-2009, 10:37 AM
What I'll add in all this is that this had to have been Attakora's worst game this year as well. Skinned time and time again, touches going astray....rough night for the kid. And what was up with all his failed throw ins? I'll put that on Cummins not Attakora as clearly it was a tactical choice. If the guy can't throw it far enough then he can't throw it far enough. Why not just have Serioux take the ones from the right too as we all know he can launch them. Or maybe just try a short one?

Gwando
06-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Why was Dichio not in the starting line up. We came in like an away team that wanted all three points. The first goal in this match was huge. He could have provided some of the imaginative play in the middle that was lacking, so as to take advantage of our momentum. The whole game could have been so much different. Instead, we are subjected to 82 minutes of Chad Can't-bury-it!

Dub Narcotic
06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I thought Kyle Beckerman had one of the best games I've seen by a MLS player. Also, I agree with above posters that this game really exposed Attakora. He was toasted again and again by that Espindola.

Manpon
06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
watching morales was the best part of the game

tfc2008
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
This is Not a playoff team[

jloome
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
We wilted under full-field pressure. Most of last night's problems came down to poor movement and our inability to get out of our own end.

Additionally, our marking was truly terrible. Robbo had an awful game, just awful. Was marking guys too tight (why did he let his man move to the byline on the second goal?) tackling too hard, beaking at other players instead of leading.

Serioux, similarly, was giving his man four, five feet of space in our third. Attakora wasn't as bad as suggested here; espindola is a good player, and sometimes needs a double.

Cummins failed to react to RSL playing us EXACTLY the way that the Galaxy played us: full-field pressure, double team DeRo once he's into the last third -- or the players failed to listen to his advice. He should have head-manned Dichio; even though he won't beat Borchers for crosses most of the time, he at least could win long balls and hold up until we set up offensively.

We were too predictable. MLS is a league based on physical prowess, work ethic and tactics, not on technique and one-on-one victories. Relying too much on DeRo will only work against weaker teams, and yesterday was a prime example of the need to respect a) the heat b) the opposition c) the change in surface and d) the long schedule recently.

How? By playing a defensive counter. Going into RSL with that team also on a three-game unbeaten and 90-degree heat, we should've reverted to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and played conservatively. Instead, on the opening goal giveaway by Guevara, both our holding midfielder Robinson and Serioux were pushed so high they were into the opposition's end.

Enthusiasm is great. I'm sure Garcia had another rousing speech for them before the game. But they really have to start thinking ahead and use their fucking heads before these games, or we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

This team has more talent than most of the teams they're losing to. That comes down to playing smarter and caring more.

apetimberlake
06-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I love DeRo but when that counter-attack occurred in the 2nd half he held onto the ball way too long when we had numbers. He tries to do it by himself a lot and that's a negative. I can't blame him considering we don't have the players that can finish like DeRo.

Totally agree, no one on the pitch can keep up with Dero so he knows that he is pretty much on his own when it comes to an offensive attack.

Who shall he pass it to Barrett??

Also I understand that Viti hasn't exactly been the most effective striker this season. He has however managed to score last game and was playing well last night, putting in second efforts etc. THEN HE IS SUBBED FOR A FUCKING DEFENDER WHEN TFC ARE DOWN 2-0????

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COACHING!

apetimberlake
06-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Secondly, I noticed that the Announcers kept making mention to the Real Salt Lake payers diving.
Ok, there was alot of diving however TFC make it easy for anyone to dive.

YOU CAN'T WIN GAMES BY TACKLING ON EVERY CHALLENGE!!!!

By doing that you just invite the other team to take advantage and swing the ref's calls in there favor.

Instead, try being first on the ball, this includes Brennan who will slide tackle from behind and then get upset when a call goes against him.

This is very very basic stuff that a go to guy like Brennan must stay away from.

Yohan
06-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Secondly, I noticed that the Announcers kept making mention to the Real Salt Lake payers diving.
Ok, there was alot of diving however TFC make it easy for anyone to dive.

YOU CAN'T WIN GAMES BY TACKLING ON EVERY CHALLENGE!!!!

By doing that you just invite the other team to take advantage and swing the ref's calls in there favor.

Instead, try being first on the ball, this includes Brennan who will slide tackle from behind and then get upset when a call goes against him.

This is very very basic stuff that a go to guy like Brennan must stay away from.
take note, Adrian Serioux, Carl Robinson

dupont
06-28-2009, 01:38 PM
I couldnt believe how poor TFC's possession was last night. Almost every pass was a give-away.. They kept leaving the salt lake players WIDE open for passes too. Just a poorly played game by almost every player.

Fushida
06-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I thought the reffing was some of the worst I have seen in recent memory. There were many calls not made, including the handball by Real in the first half. I also thought the tackle on Barrett should have been a yellow card. Instead, the first yellow went to Vitti for such a dumb play, but not worth a yellow.
I also think that after the 10th minute, we looked tired due to the Wednesday game, plus the altitude and we couldn't keep up to them.

the reffing was bad, but this is actually a game where we can say those bad calls went both says. if anything we got luckier with the calls... mysterious corners, we had a possible hand ball by serioux in the box, i think it was robbo who escaped a yellow/red for a terrible challenge after vitti got a hilarious yellow for touching the goalie (no it wasn't dumb, he actually touched the goalie to stop his own run)...

watching morales was the best part of the game

best... diving... ever... LOL

grizzle
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
+1 for retarded Vitti substitution... wtf was that.

cochrdoc
06-28-2009, 10:05 PM
When is that CB coming in?Our goals against is not that of a play-off team.Gerba is not going to score that much.Serioux needs some rest and we need a left back to go with the new Cb.

leroy
06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
our first touch was terrible. nobody seemed to be able to bring it down and control it. it was one-touch and gone and cost us a lot of possession.

to quote the great craig forrest on morales' game ending injury:

"WWE is more reality than this"

he had a few other one liners too... they were generally pretty good as well...

"He's being manhandled by Grababoy"

(i know it's -voy, but still funny to hear)

reggie
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
this is a 500 team at best,they stink on the road,i don't watch the road games anymore.

crozack
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a hard time watching them on the road too......its weird how they can be so flat everytime they leave BMO.

We need to stay pausitive.....especially now with the long road trip....this stretch will determine if we make the post season or not.