06-27-2009, 11:27 PM
In what respect was that an update?

romburgundy
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
In what respect was that an update?
My sentiments exactly

Toronto Ruffrider
06-28-2009, 12:04 AM
This shouldn't even be in the news section.

Ben Knight
06-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Well, the actual measuring of Lamport is new to me, and most of what i've heard up until now has had to do with building a new facility, and the difficulties of finding real estate to do that. This seems a move ahead from that.

Detroit_TFC
06-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Solution: 24hr scheduling of Lamport. Hmmm... we can get your pickup game in at 3:45 a.m., ok? :)

Cashcleaner
06-29-2009, 02:42 AM
1) Has BMO Field’s all-weather bubble assembly team been seen crossing north of the railway tracks to take measurements at nearby Lamport Stadium?
Is that a question, or a statement? I haven't seen anything change at Lamport other than the new surface and fences. You guys in Toronto will be able to confirm this if true.

2) Is there a proposal in place to make Lamport Toronto’s new all-weather, all-year soccer facility?Actually, that's what I had originally thought when the first proposals from grass at BMO were kicked about. In some ways, Lamport is in a better location than BMO Field - what with it right on the King Street streetcar line.

3) Could this potentially clear the way for Toronto FC to play home games on grass as early as next season?I wouldn't bet on it, but it does seem like a pretty solid plan.

TorontoBlades
06-29-2009, 08:16 AM
epic fail

Carts
06-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Here's a hypothetical question to throw into the mix...

+ If Toronto were to advance to the late rounds of the Champions League (quarterfinals or later), would that stop construction of putting in a natural grass surface...?

+ And if so, what you rather see; a long run in the CC, or the turf gone & grass in...?

Carts...

billyfly
06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I think Ben was looking for updates (people would go to his blog and chat and maybe bring some info).

Get In There
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
epic fail

This euphemism is done

when you have 60 year old fart weathermen using it on T.V. - it's over......gone to the land of 'big time!'

yes, for the youth challanged, 'Big Time' was once a cool saying by those trendy kids..............

ALL YOUR CATCH PHRASES ARE BELONG TO US!

Keep on truck'n - end rant

B

BuSaPuNk
06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Here's a hypothetical question to throw into the mix...

+ If Toronto were to advance to the late rounds of the Champions League (quarterfinals or later), would that stop construction of putting in a natural grass surface...?

+ And if so, what you rather see; a long run in the CC, or the turf gone & grass in...?

Carts...

If we did have a long run in the CCL wouldn't we be playing in Febuary and March....can't play in BMO. We would end up playing in the Dome most likey. They could still do the construction and laying of the grass while we fill the dome.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
If we did have a long run in the CCL wouldn't we be playing in Febuary and March....can't play in BMO. We would end up playing in the Dome most likey. They could still do the construction and laying of the grass while we fill the dome.

Wouldn't the ideal time of the year to lay down sod be in the fall? I could be wrong about this - I don't work in landscaping - but doesn't grass need extra time to root?

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
This euphemism is done

when you have 60 year old fart weathermen using it on T.V. - it's over......gone to the land of 'big time!'

yes, for the youth challanged, 'Big Time' was once a cool saying by those trendy kids..............

B
lol... yep. "epic fail" is so 2008... and like pwned and its predecessor owned has gone to the hip expressions graveyard.

Carts
06-29-2009, 01:32 PM

The CC calendar actually has a winter break - with the group stage ending in October, and the Quarter-finals starting in March...

So, we could end up playing all games at BMO (although, I think we'd be in the Dome anyways, after MLSE saw 50,000 in the Big-O - they'll be all for trying it here)...

Carts...

TorontoBlades
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
This euphemism is done

B

please accept my apology - you obviously know the internet better than me :)

Get In There
06-29-2009, 02:18 PM
^

Apology accepted - you obviously have better manners and aren't as crusty as me

Here's to ya

B

:canada: - early Canada day ra ra

EDIT / PS - See what happens when you remove the 'complaint' thread

B

BuSaPuNk
06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
The CC calendar actually has a winter break - with the group stage ending in October, and the Quarter-finals starting in March...

So, we could end up playing all games at BMO (although, I think we'd be in the Dome anyways, after MLSE saw 50,000 in the Big-O - they'll be all for trying it here)...

Carts...

Didn't know about the break. Sounds like they could have all the games at BMO, but agree they'll probably look at the dome after the success of the MOntreal game in the Big O.

Blizzard
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Is that a question, or a statement? I haven't seen anything change at Lamport other than the new surface and fences. You guys in Toronto will be able to confirm this if true.

Why would anything have changed at Lamport after a company takes measurements?

If this happened, it is only the very first step. I would imagine that nothing physical will happen until mid fall.

sully
06-29-2009, 04:24 PM
update?

Cashcleaner
06-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Why would anything have changed at Lamport after a company takes measurements?

If this happened, it is only the very first step. I would imagine that nothing physical will happen until mid fall.

I don't know actually. I don't even know what sort of measuring would be taking place. Would it be for the dome?

Blizzard
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know actually. I don't even know what sort of measuring would be taking place. Would it be for the dome?

That's what I was thinking (and hoping). They'll have to put anchors in around the field and figure out how to squeeze the damned thing in there. There isn't much space around the field at Lamport but I'd bet it's actually wider than BMO so hopefully it all fits! :)

Cashcleaner
06-29-2009, 11:55 PM
^Nice. Seriously though, if they work this plan out with Lamport, that would be the best solution for everyone. I really hope this happens. And just as a facility as a whole, Lamport is pretty good.

Blizzard
06-30-2009, 12:12 PM
^Nice. Seriously though, if they work this plan out with Lamport, that would be the best solution for everyone. I really hope this happens. And just as a facility as a whole, Lamport is pretty good.

Ya, it's all good .... for the winter season anyway. The club still has to come up with a summer solution. I look forward to hearing about that.

NateDoGG
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
250K for grass at bmo for the madrid game
yet they wont keep it for our actual team...
such bullshit