PDA

View Full Version : TFC Press/ Wembly on Gol plus HD info

Inswingingwingman
06-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Found on the net:

GOL TV Canada going HD soon?

Here is my evidence: First, the CRTC (the Canadian version of the American FCC) has authorized GOL TV to go HD on June 12th of this year with the following official press release:

The Commission approves the application by Gol TV (Canada) Ltd. to amend the broadcasting licence for the national, Category 2 specialty programming undertaking known as Gol TV (originally approved under the name of The Soccer Net) to extend, until the end of its licence term, the authority granted in Broadcasting Decision 2006-239 to allow the service to be made available for distribution in high definition (HD) format. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE), which owns 80.1% of GOL-TV Canada have announced that:

Later this summer, MLSE will unveil its long-term programming and production strategy for their all-soccer network which includes relaunching the GOLTV brand and relocating the network's existing studios to a high-definition broadcast facility inside Air Canada Centre.

Lastly, Toronto FC (of the MLS) have put out the following press release just today in regards to their friendly on August 7th vs. Real Madrid (which by the way is SOLD OUT):

GOLTV Canada also announced that it will produce and broadcast the Toronto FC versus Real Madrid friendly in High-Definition.

As Canada’s all-soccer network dedicated to the Canadian perspective on the global game, GOLTV will be available in freeview on all major cable carriers for the month of August. Presently, more than five million households across the country who subscribe to digital television will have access to the channel. ESPN will also broadcast the friendly match in the United States. ESPN is carried in 96 million households.

I think I have enough pieces of the puzzle to conclude that Canadians may see GOL TV (and therefore La Liga) in glorious HD come August!!!

In related news, the Toronto FC press release also mentions that GOL TV will be showing the Wembley Tournament this year:

Celtic vs Al-Ahly, July 24 at 4:30 p.m. GMT
Tottenham vs Barcelona, July 24 at 7 p.m. GMT
Barcelona vs Al-Ahly, July 26 at 12:30 p.m. GMT
Tottenham vs Celtic, July 26 at 3 p.m. GMT

jloome
06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Found on the net:

GOL TV Canada going HD soon?

Here is my evidence: First, the CRTC (the Canadian version of the American FCC) has authorized GOL TV to go HD on June 12th of this year with the following official press release:

The Commission approves the application by Gol TV (Canada) Ltd. to amend the broadcasting licence for the national, Category 2 specialty programming undertaking known as Gol TV (originally approved under the name of The Soccer Net) to extend, until the end of its licence term, the authority granted in Broadcasting Decision 2006-239 to allow the service to be made available for distribution in high definition (HD) format. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE), which owns 80.1% of GOL-TV Canada have announced that:

Later this summer, MLSE will unveil its long-term programming and production strategy for their all-soccer network which includes relaunching the GOLTV brand and relocating the network's existing studios to a high-definition broadcast facility inside Air Canada Centre.

Lastly, Toronto FC (of the MLS) have put out the following press release just today in regards to their friendly on August 7th vs. Real Madrid (which by the way is SOLD OUT):

GOLTV Canada also announced that it will produce and broadcast the Toronto FC versus Real Madrid friendly in High-Definition.

As Canada’s all-soccer network dedicated to the Canadian perspective on the global game, GOLTV will be available in freeview on all major cable carriers for the month of August. Presently, more than five million households across the country who subscribe to digital television will have access to the channel. ESPN will also broadcast the friendly match in the United States. ESPN is carried in 96 million households.

I think I have enough pieces of the puzzle to conclude that Canadians may see GOL TV (and therefore La Liga) in glorious HD come August!!!

In related news, the Toronto FC press release also mentions that GOL TV will be showing the Wembley Tournament this year:

Celtic vs Al-Ahly, July 24 at 4:30 p.m. GMT
Tottenham vs Barcelona, July 24 at 7 p.m. GMT
Barcelona vs Al-Ahly, July 26 at 12:30 p.m. GMT
Tottenham vs Celtic, July 26 at 3 p.m. GMT

Did you really need this much detective work when there's a quote at the end "GOLTV Canada also announced that it will produce and broadcast the Toronto FC versus Real Madrid friendly in High-Definition."

Not sure how much you discovered bud, and how much they simply stated.

Rudi
06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Did you really need this much detective work when there's a quote at the end "GOLTV Canada also announced that it will produce and broadcast the Toronto FC versus Real Madrid friendly in High-Definition."

Not sure how much you discovered bud, and how much they simply stated.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe he'll next tell us how he deduced that TFC is going to sign Ali Gerba. :p