PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts at Tribal Nation

English Rachel
06-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Walking out last night, Rohan was dancing to the Tribal Rhythm Boys and Girls and I stopped to chat to him.

He says he is going back home and that he is really happy to be doing so. He loves TO and has enjoyed his time here but he really misses his family (I told him I do, too :(). I gave him a big hug and wished him all the best.

Just thought I would share.

Shaughno
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
yeah he was in 112 for a chunk of the second half, singing, jumping, drumming, etc.

TFC Kevin
06-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Where you playing the instruments?
If so, you might be in my video.
He is such a class act, great guy to meet in person.

English Rachel
06-25-2009, 09:22 AM
No love, I was just walking past....

Shaughno
06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Well then you SHOULD'VE been playing instruments. ;)

Last time I was chillin with TRN with BC, and the fucking security told us we had to leave because we didn't have tickets for their area. :rolleyes:

TFC Kevin
06-25-2009, 05:03 PM
My video is up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y56kdNbBzmU

Enjoy!

Bars92
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I wonder what English club R.R. will end up at next??

FluSH
06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I wonder what English club R.R. will end up at next??

MILLWALL

That's right... I just leaked it...

Bars92
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
You can't be serious?:o

drek
06-25-2009, 06:21 PM
lol millwall

gmacpheetfc
06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
who wears their own jerz. dusty

gtaguy
06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
RR is such a joke... he looked like he was trying out on "americas got talent" unfortunetely not for his soccer skills..

billyfly
06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Millwall Bricks for everybody!

Cristiano14
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he's playing in the Zidane friendship tour game b4 he leaves

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 12:26 AM
who wears their own jerz. dusty

Erm if your a pro you usually wear ya own name on the back lol think ya confused.

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 12:27 AM
RR is such a joke... he looked like he was trying out on "americas got talent" unfortunetely not for his soccer skills..

No Britains got talent, America's got talent only came about recently and is a spin off from the creators "Britains got talent" lol

bhoybobby
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Erm if your a pro you usually wear ya own name on the back lol think ya confused.

Yeah during a game that he's playing in. Wearing it to watch a team you just got dumped from is a bit narcissistic at worst, weird at best. Kinda like wearing your ex girlfriends tee-shirt

Shaughno
06-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah during a game that he's playing in. Wearing it to watch a team you just got dumped from is a bit narcissistic at worst, weird at best. Kinda like wearing your ex girlfriends tee-shirt

To be fair, when I talked to him he seemed genuine when he said that he's a TFC fan and definitely had a ball in 112 singing and jumping.

Besides, Edu did the same thing wearing his own jersey to a TFC game after he got traded to Rangers.

bhoybobby
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
To be fair, when I talked to him he seemed genuine when he said that he's a TFC fan and definitely had a ball in 112 singing and jumping.

Besides, Edu did the same thing wearing his own jersey to a TFC game after he got traded to Rangers.

To each his own.

As for _ _ _ his name shall not be mentioned again by me now that he's plying his trade for the cloven hooved ones:D

Shaughno
06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
To each his own.

As for _ _ _ his name shall not be mentioned again by me now that he's plying his trade for the cloven hooved ones:D

:lol:

zeelaw
06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
My video is up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y56kdNbBzmU

Enjoy!
LOL he actually wore his own jersey!

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-26-2009, 08:31 AM
IMO, he played for the club, he's at perfect liberty to wear his own shirt.

Wagner
06-26-2009, 08:40 AM
LOL he actually wore his own jersey!

what jersey would he wear???

wouldn't it be kind of weird if he came out in a Dichio or De Ro jersey??

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I was gonna say that actually, then people would be calling him a fanboy. ;) I don't see an issue with him wearing his shirt, as opposed to going out and buying a new one just say farewell...? I think his hanging out with the fans on Wednesday proves he's a class guy.

trane
06-26-2009, 08:49 AM
^I am pretty sure that he is more entiteled then anybody to were his own shirt.

zeelaw
06-26-2009, 08:50 AM

it just adds to his self-promotion and trying to stand out in an crowd, he should of just went casual or hell it would of been amazing if he wore another players jersey... i'd respect him much for doing that...

saying that i really liked ricketts and im sad hes going but its in the clubs best interest for sure.

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 11:43 AM

He was going there as a fan, and to be a part of the RPB and get the experience so wat better way to fit in than wear a TFC shirt.

You will find most pro's don't wear another mans name on their back unless the player is a legend and retired etc don't think there are any TFC legends yet lol kinda weird.

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Exactly what im talking about Shaughno lol did most people think that Mo would show up in another mans shirt?

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 11:46 AM

lololololololol EXACTLY now thats the weird thought lol

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
it just adds to his self-promotion and trying to stand out in an crowd, he should of just went casual or hell it would of been amazing if he wore another players jersey... i'd respect him much for doing that...

saying that i really liked ricketts and im sad hes going but its in the clubs best interest for sure.

No self promotion at all in his thought process and if it was about that i would of told him to wear a (firm)wear T-Shirt coz that would of been brilliant promotion but he even said on The Hardcore Footy Show with Brendan that he wants to get kitted out in the whole RPB gear from scarf, jersey, hat and all sorts and fit in and sing with the boys etc. Called me going crazy saying its nuts singing and being with the boys, thats paying respect.

You twist it how you want mate but you don't really have much clue where as im telling you facts.

The guy called me saying he was singing the french song and never knew the words but it sounded brilliant lol told me i have to sit over there but i said when you sit with the boys you hardly see any of the match coz ya having such a good time lol he laughe and said its true lol

sulfur
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Personally, I have no problem with him showing up with his own jersey.

The only other name worth putting on would be "Dichio"... regardless of what you say Bruva, he's the only guy that is considered a legend for TFC. :D

Jamaicanadian
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
You will find most pro's don't wear another mans name on their back........

It's not only the pros Bruv...Put me in that camp as well...You know how "G" do :cool:

Big Bruva
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Personally, I have no problem with him showing up with his own jersey.

The only other name worth putting on would be "Dichio"... regardless of what you say Bruva, he's the only guy that is considered a legend for TFC. :D

lol to me thats a easy legend call but if anyone is closest to a legend at TFC it would be Danny.

zeelaw
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
No self promotion at all in his thought process and if it was about that i would of told him to wear a (firm)wear T-Shirt coz that would of been brilliant promotion but he even said on The Hardcore Footy Show with Brendan that he wants to get kitted out in the whole RPB gear from scarf, jersey, hat and all sorts and fit in and sing with the boys etc. Called me going crazy saying its nuts singing and being with the boys, thats paying respect.

You twist it how you want mate but you don't really have much clue where as im telling you facts.

The guy called me saying he was singing the french song and never knew the words but it sounded brilliant lol told me i have to sit over there but i said when you sit with the boys you hardly see any of the match coz ya having such a good time lol he laughe and said its true lol
I'm not trying to twist anything. I'm not presenting facts just my opinion. I like Ricketts but its the type of move that is very similar with his tenure at the club.
Ricketts was a great ambassador for the club, but it seems all that off-field stuff got in the way with his play and he got upset and you could tell

TFC Kevin
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
The guy next to Rohan on the left looks like Lil' Wayne.

bhoybobby
06-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Suffice to say if RR put as much effort into his on field performance as he did his off field activities he might have stuck. Good luck to RR, hope he doesn't go the way of Welshie

koryo
06-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm glad RR had a good time the other night, and wish him all the best back in the UK. He didn't work out here, and so life goes on...

He'd just better not go to fucking Milwall!

EAsoccer
06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I think Ricketts is the type of player that could succeed in a league like the MLS with no problem.

In my honest opinion i think his motivation for playing for TFC was to capitalize on the many off field opportunities in addition to the TFC pay cheuqe and sub consciously may have felt that 100% effort on the field and in training was not required for someone with his CV in the Major League Soccer.

Many players come from abroad & think they can thrive in a league with little or minimal effort and receive maximum pay that is not the case with the MLS these days. Perfect example was Denilson who was turfed out after 1 season.