PDA

View Full Version : TFC's New Travel Arrangements

James17930
06-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Remember how last year we sucked on the road? Well, last year, if I recall correctly, we would travel on the day before the game; for example, if we played somewhere on Saturday, we would train Fri. morn. in Toronto, then fly out in the afternoon, only getting into the city that night. Then they'd have to go play the game the next day.

This year, if you'll noticed, they're flying out two days before. Sure this costs the FO more, but if gives the players an extra day to get settled and get some training in before they have to play. This is obviously much better for the players and has probably been the main reason for our improved play on the road this year (minus the Houston debacle, of course).

I think this initiative probably came directly from the players (remember how Robbo went off in his newspaper column about the team's travel arrangements), and I'm glad the MLSE listened, stepped up, put out the extra money and got it done.

So the team now leaves Thursday morning for Salt Lake City, they'll have all Friday to train/regen. session/relax and then be ready to go on Saturday.

Kevin
06-25-2009, 03:47 AM
That makes perfect sense.

Maple Leaf Red
06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm glad the MLSE listened, stepped up, put out the extra money and got it done.

So the team now leaves Thursday morning for Salt Lake City, they'll have all Friday to train/regen. session/relax and then be ready to go on Friday.

Impossible. MLSE doesn't spend money.

yellowfellow
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
They will make the money back from a playoff game. It will work out for ML$E.

Bobo
06-25-2009, 08:35 AM
They will make the money back from a playoff game. It will work out for ML$E.

LOL! Nicely put.

cementhead
06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
This is a good way to get them climates and there boby clock working in that time zone.

Dub Narcotic
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
A cynic might say that's it's one night to go out clubbing in New York, LA, etc.. Of course few MLS players make enough to make a dent in those party scenes.

rocker
06-25-2009, 10:48 AM
A cynic might say that's it's one night to go out clubbing in New York, LA, etc.. Of course few MLS players make enough to make a dent in those party scenes.

thank god they are going to Salt Lake City this weekend!!!

maybe they can attend church cuz they won't be partying. hahaha