PDA

View Full Version : Cup Presentation - NFG

ElvistheEvilScotsman
06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
What an anti climatic cup presentation for the Voyageur Cup.

Didnt help that the weeknight crowd doesnt show up on time. It would have been better executed if TFC had emailed us prior to tell us it would be presented at 7:15.

Come on FO. We need to be aware of important events like this as we want to show the lads we're proud of them.

<3

Cas87
06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I am pretty sure in the thread called "Question for mlsintoronto", Paul (the FO insider) stated in that thread that the presentation was going to be at 7:15

Inswingingwingman
06-24-2009, 09:49 PM
They did announce it. You missed it. Should have happened after the match IMHO.

rocker
06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
they kinda wanted it lowkey so the players don't get big heads and rest on their laurels.
i thought it was fine. Made me look more towards the next games than celebrating the past.

jabbronies
06-24-2009, 10:13 PM
It was announced on the forum and in email.

Super
06-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Meh. I saw it in Montreal.

billyfly
06-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Carts wore it at the airport island airport. Its dirty now.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
It was a bit of a dud to be honest, although a part of it was obviously due to the majority of people not being in their seats until kickoff.

Cashcleaner
06-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Let's also not forget that many TFC fans still don't know much about the Voyageurs Cup or the significance it has. I think if people understood the Championship tourney a bit better, they would have made a effort to get to the stadium earlier.

Jack
06-24-2009, 11:49 PM
I am pretty sure in the thread called "Question for mlsintoronto", Paul (the FO insider) stated in that thread that the presentation was going to be at 7:15
The vast majority of season ticket holders don't read this board.

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2009, 11:52 PM

Yeah don't need to see it twice!! lol

The first time is always better.:D

Keyman
06-24-2009, 11:53 PM
They did the right thing by neither exaggerating the importance of this trophy, nor taking the boys focus of what needed to be accomplished on the field tonight. If there had been a lavish ceremony, decked out with balloons and streamers and shit, then it could have taken away from what was important; a win tonight.

Yagbod
06-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Seriously,

Are the FO people completely without brains?!? I brought 9 people to the game last night (their first game), on the pretense that the crowd would go 'wild' when they presented the cup. The FO wheels it out when the stadium is 1/10 filled and it gets less cheers than that poor girl who told her story for 10 mins at the Chicago game. (or maybe it was L.A,?)

Anyway, I am pissed at how stupid they are about things. First: we have about a dozen past events that went wrong, second: the whole Real Madrid thing; and now: the Voyageur's Cup. We should have been rocking the house, but instead: it was too early and therefore lost.

I couldn't stop dancing for 40 minutes last Thursday. I was not in Montreal (honestly, who knew?), but that was the greatest night in my TV viewing history!

And my treat for buying 4 partial packs and countless single tickets ? A Timbit's hockey ovation.

I am amazed that more of you are not pissed.

grizzle
06-25-2009, 01:40 AM

+1 I highly doubt it would top the Montreal presentation :flare:

I got there early, but was down below trying to work my way to my seats, by the time I got there it was too late. Oh well, who cares when we win 2-0.

James17930
06-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Both Cummins and players did not want a big ceremony -- they thought it might be a distractions. So this has nothing to do with the FO -- in fact, the FO did exactly what they coach wanted.

So stop complaining.

Parkdale
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM
I am amazed that more of you are not pissed.

I'm happy about winning the cup. how they choose to present it makes little difference to me.

there's always a downside somewhere, but I'd rather not look for it.

flatpicker
06-25-2009, 08:35 AM
They real trophy presentation was in Montreal.

It might have been best to just leave it at that.

Perhaps, if you can't do it big, then don't do it at all.

Dunno... it is what it is.

rocker
06-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I brought 9 people to the game last night (their first game), on the pretense that the crowd would go 'wild' when they presented the cup.

you brought friends to their first game because of a cup presentation that you presumed would be wild?

that's your fault then, not the team's.

Bring fans for the games not for the cup presentation.

geez.

Were your 9 friends bored with the 2-0 win? hahahah

FluSH
06-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Did anyone see this?

Rudi
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I did. ;)

Shaughno
06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I did as well. :D

jabbronies
06-25-2009, 09:24 AM
I did.

Technorgasm
06-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Holy Freakin Shit. . Now I have seen it all. . . .

A thread that bitches about the way a damn TROPHY was presented to TFC. our First Trophy! a trophy that we won over the heads of our local rivals. a trophy that was a result of a "miracle" 6-1 win, the brings TFC into international play. . .

What a glorious occasion!!!! Lets shit on it !

Honestly, this is getting riddiculous.

. . and that mule went on to save spring break.

Darlofletch
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I did.

I did, fairly low key, but nice that brennan and De Ro were the two players out there. Can't really complain about the timing, not interfering with preparation for the game was the most important thing.

Carts
06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Holy Freakin Shit. . Now I have seen it all. . .

A thread that bitches about the way a damn TROPHY was presented to TFC. our First Trophy! a trophy that we won over the heads of our local rivals. a trophy that was a result of a "miracle" 6-1 win, the brings TFC into international play. . .

Its true, it seems people will find "something wrong" with everything...

I knew about the trophy presentation time, and honestly, I didn't make to the stadium in time for it - the presentation was in Montreal as far as I am concerned...

Now, the fact I had the thing for about 20-minutes in my 'keeper of the cup' role at Porter might have come into play... LOL

Carts...

olegunnar
06-25-2009, 09:34 AM
I skipped it

Lets be honest, the trophy was awarded in Montreal.
It was paraded about at the Island airport
There's a TFC tv video all about the sights and sounds of the Montreal game, including the above mentioned Trophy activities.

Personally I think there's too much of a big deal with this. We beat USL teams on goal difference and qualified for a play in.

I'm all for winning...and it's good to stomp on the stoners and the frenchies.

I'll save my excitment for staged trophy unveilings for when we win something final...like the Supporters Shield or the Champions League.

Phil
06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Holy Freakin Shit. . Now I have seen it all. . . .

I agree, its getting pretty silly at points. There was an email sent out by TFC telling us the start time of the presentation. I guess we should complain about not having the email read to us and acknowleged in return writen notice.