James17930
06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
:party:

yanggoh
06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
great game, both goals were beauties

TFC USA
I think you should edit the title.....I did the same thing. People don't want the result spoiled.

fdasilva
10 goals in 3 games, a 3 game winning streak, a trophy in between... things in TFC-land are awesome!

Daveisonfire
:drum:

James17930
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I think you should edit the title.....I did the same thing. People don't want the result spoiled.

Oh -- good point.

Can a mod please edit the title for me?

No mods online right now . . .

Inswingingwingman
06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
As I posted earlier, Gol TV to be free for all in August including Real Madrid in High Def...that is what they said. Too bad Gol Tv was shite until the 83 minute, signal all scrambled up and I pay for it. Now even the commercials have sound and are pixelated.....that is weird.

Saw De Ro's goal, love it!

TFC TFC

Dub Narcotic
06-24-2009, 08:37 PM
NYRB played even worse than last week, not much of a test, but TFC needed those three points. We'll see how this new dynamism lasts in the heat on the road. Garcia with a deserved MoTM.

TFC USA
06-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Give me a minute to scroll over to Shite Bulls page on Big Soccer.

Should be hilarious stuff. :D

DeRo has 8 goals total now (including NCC) am I right?

loconet
06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
As I posted earlier, Gol TV to be free for all in August including Real Madrid in High Def...

Yeh, I caught that as well. Grass + HD for Real Madrid. :rolleyes:

pekduck
06-24-2009, 08:39 PM
good to see vitti, barrett, dero all clicked again, thing the 6-1 win over montreal helped the boys

TFC USA
06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL this is classic.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18063104&postcount=79

Dub Narcotic
06-24-2009, 08:51 PM
CC:

Nana outstanding, needs to be held back sometimes. Good athlete, needs to improve ball, especially if playing RB, Wynne coming back poses a big problem.

Cup hangover didn't happen. Lots of belief, had a good feeling about the game. TFC dominated after the goal without trying to hard. Gave the team a little taste of winning.

Keeper made good saves, happy with finishing.

De Rosario (Barrett?) felt some tightness, got moved to the left to help out on the left back.

Danny's been outstanding, needed energy and legs w/ Pablo & Chad to start.

We struggled on the road last year, give us a chance to play on a decent pitch (ha ha). Will give the lads a break after RSL game due to lull.

Lads are full of life: can't be too confident. Lots of great football with Amado, Pablo an Dwayne, maybe could have scored, Amada tracked back well, good clean sheet.

Three weeks ago (Vancouver) was the worst day of his soccer life. Toronto can't just turn up and play, got to be a soldier.

Tough for NY, they're at the bottom, got to keep working. Got some decent players.

Inswingingwingman
06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice recap...he Chris was charming....he didn't even mention the Red Bulls are shite.
Very polite.
But not quite,
Give us a sound bite..
me.

Redcoe15
06-24-2009, 09:06 PM
What more needs to be said about the game?
:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

:party::pbjtime::pbjtime::party:

:cheers: :drinking::drunk::drinking::cheers: :D

There. 'Nuff said!

Redpunkfiddle
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM

Actually, someone who comes onto a supporters website when looking to avoid hearing the score of a game needs their head examined.

And the Red Bulls are Shite.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-24-2009, 09:27 PM
We played good and got the three points that were needed.

-Cronin and Robinson are playing very good togethere

-Guevara and DeRo what can i say....... as the game's go on they are getting better and better

-Are D looks better and what a job Nana has done for us

big game coming up RSL so let's keep it up boy's

Nerepis
06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Gotta say I'm still buzzin' from the win in Montreal, the boys looked great tonight. 2nd place in the East 1 point out, with a game in hand, looking forward to the momentum rolling right over Salt Lake on Saturday. :scarf:

dag
06-24-2009, 09:37 PM
An important and well-deserved victory by the lads over the Red Bulls (who truly are shite). I just got home from the game cracked open a cold beer to celebrate.

ensco
06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Huge win. Won a game they were supposed to win, for the first time in quite a while! It's possible the weak opponent made us look that good, but man we looked good right through the lineup.

Only problem for me was the substitution strategy (or lack thereof). How many postgame threads are we going to discuss the fact that TFC wait too long to make obvious substitutions? DeRo had to be protected from himself there, he needed to come off sooner given his age, work rate, the hamstring injury earlier this year, and the fact that we play an important game in three days and had a two goal lead. Same for Serioux.

AdamZ
06-24-2009, 09:40 PM
record attendance for a Toronto FC match and for an MLS match (meaning it beat the all-star game): 20,902.

Cas87
06-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry everyone but this has to be said:

TONIGHT'S SCORE:
2 for the Pink (TFC) ... None for the sink(y Red Bulls)

:) :) :)

James17930
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Actually, someone who comes onto a supporters website when looking to avoid hearing the score of a game needs their head examined.

And the Red Bulls are Shite.

Good points, all. :D

jabbronies
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
changed thread title

morgank1986
06-24-2009, 10:22 PM
I really hope someone has the post game celebration at Gate 3 recorded. That thing was massive.

daner90
06-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Turf looked like it was in extra shite form tonight, people were falling all over the place (and not just from dero breaking ankles)

Great win by the boys!

Maple Leaf Red
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Great goals tonight. Barrett's pass and DeRo's finish especially. The team looked great in pink :)

The post game celebration was also amazing.

billyfly
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Yippee for the win. Missed the 2nd (beer).

But I saw VITTI SCORE.

That would make a good t-shirt.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
record attendance for a Toronto FC match and for an MLS match (meaning it beat the all-star game): 20,902.

And for a weekday game no less. The rest of the league struggles to sell half as many tickets for Wednesday-night tilts.

Darlofletch
06-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry everyone but this has to be said:

TONIGHT'S SCORE:
2 for the Pink (TFC) ... None for the sink(y Red Bulls)

:) :) :)

hoooooooooooonk to that. both for the result and the post.

billyfly
06-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Who in 112 heard our chant to the tune of "reds marching in.."

2 in tha pink!
1 in tha stink!

Waggy
06-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Just got home, dont have the energy to read the thread but I dont care how many times its been said. Ricketts coming to chill for that 20-30 min was honestly the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. I dunno bout anyone else but I had the BIGGEST smile. Such a nice guy. if youre reading this all the best wherever you go man. Like I told you at the game, no matter where you go, you always got supporters

billyfly
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Roahn Ricketts, F*ckin' Wickeds!

morgank1986
06-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Just got home, dont have the energy to read the thread but I dont care how many times its been said. Ricketts coming to chill for that 20-30 min was honestly the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. I dunno bout anyone else but I had the BIGGEST smile. Such a nice guy. if youre reading this all the best wherever you go man. Like I told you at the game, no matter where you go, you always got supporters

Class

Darlofletch
06-24-2009, 11:44 PM
where was Ricketts?

anyway, good game, Defence looked solid, Garcia looked ok now he's got a proper defence to work with. Very happy for Vitti to get his first goal, thought all 3 of our forwards have had much better games, but goals for de ro and vitti and a lovely assist for barrett, can't argue with that shit. all in all, very enjoyable.

twistedchinaman
06-25-2009, 12:32 AM
This was the first game ever that I went in confident of a positive result and came out even more confident of further positive results.

Roll on to the Wasatch Front lads! Make the people of Deseret cry your name as you lay waste to their stadium!

drek
06-25-2009, 12:54 AM
where was Ricketts?

He snook into 112 by red thunder and participated in all the chants from massive, to the bounce. It was awesome.

grizzle
06-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Great game...

Vitti, so happy to see him score.
DeRo, awsome as always.
Garcia, has been doing great on D.
Rest of the team also great job!

Very happy about the 3 pts!

Shakes McQueen
06-25-2009, 02:39 AM
We looked dominant for long stretches - just hurling ball after ball at Cepero. It was great.

Our offensive creativity was at another level tonight. Barrett and Vitti both had tremendous games. Guevara played really well, and was chasing down balls all over the place. He seemed really "interested" in the game (as we all know - sometimes he doesn't). The celebration with Barrett and Guevara with Vitti scored, was priceless. Amado seemed really happy for him.

DeRo looked like the Canadian version of Xavi we expect him to be. Nana and Garcia were both great at the back, and Serioux was a fucking rock, as usual.

Just a great game by all. And it should only get BETTER, with Gerba, OBW, and some new mystery players allegedly coming in.

Oh, and the crowd was great too. Fantastic attendance, for a Wednesday game. Crowd was lively - the sending off cheers Vitti got, were nice.

- Scott

James17930
06-25-2009, 02:54 AM
We looked dominant for long stretches - just hurling ball after ball at Cepero. It was great.

Our offensive creativity was at another level tonight. Barrett and Vitti both had tremendous games. Guevara played really well, and was chasing down balls all over the place. He seemed really "interested" in the game (as we all know - sometimes he doesn't). The celebration with Barrett and Guevara with Vitti scored, was priceless. Amado seemed really happy for him.

DeRo looked like the Canadian version of Xavi we expect him to be. Nana and Garcia were both great at the back, and Serioux was a fucking rock, as usual.

Just a great game by all. And it should only get BETTER, with Gerba, OBW, and some new mystery players allegedly coming in.

Oh, and the crowd was great too. Fantastic attendance, for a Wednesday game. Crowd was lively - the sending off cheers Vitti got, were nice.

- Scott

You know, I think his 'uninterested' days are behind him. You're right -- lately he's been playing like he's on fire. I think he's really found a second wind here and the whole atmosphere around the club has just energized him greatly.

I think we can now finally stop worrying about whether he's interested or not, knowing that he is, and just watch what he can do for the rest of the season.

Amado = Legend!

:flare::scarf::flare:

Pookie
06-25-2009, 06:38 AM
I really hope someone has the post game celebration at Gate 3 recorded. That thing was massive.

Sometimes the best experiences are those that "just happen." The air was warm, people were feeling great, it all just clicked.

My son is going to be remembering that experience for a long time.

Oldtimer
06-25-2009, 07:31 AM
I thought the team played well, good ball possession, lot of short passes. Still concern over defence... a better team than RBNY could have punished us severely over those failures to clear. However, we know that every MLS team has it's weak areas due to the salary cap.

Blazer
06-25-2009, 07:33 AM
NYRB played even worse than last week, not much of a test, but TFC needed those three points. We'll see how this new dynamism lasts in the heat on the road. Garcia with a deserved MoTM.

I said it at halftime - "Garcia will be the Man of the Match."

London
06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
where was Ricketts?

anyway, good game, Defence looked solid, Garcia looked ok now he's got a proper defence to work with. Very happy for Vitti to get his first goal, thought all 3 of our forwards have had much better games, but goals for de ro and vitti and a lovely assist for barrett, can't argue with that shit. all in all, very enjoyable.

right in the seat next to me!!!!!!! (actually my dads seat, he stayed home):drum::drum::drum::drum:

jabbronies
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
This was one of the few games where I screamed "Keep the ball on the ground" less than a handful of times.

TFC Kevin
06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Game was great, made the trip down from Montreal and it was well worth it.
I met Rohan Ricketts at Tribal Nation after the game and recorded some of it.
I'll post it up once I'm home.

Hooligan69
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Solid result for our boys last night. Glad we picked up six points from the Dead Bulls at home. Yesterday was a good day with the obvious exception of USA upsetting the Spaniards somehow.

Yohan
06-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Nick Garcia looked very good last night. Very composed. Willing to attack even if he's a CB and sees an opening. Likes his decisiveness.

Though it's only shite bulls, and we'll see if he can continue his performance against tougher teams, esp on the road where his leadership in defence will be needed

Yohan
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, Chad Barrett slowly resurrecting his career as a right winger...
crazy pinpoint accurate pass to DeRo for his assist...

that's two games in a row that Barrett and DeRo linked up. They both seems to understand each other really well

London
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
so if we ended up giving up a goal last night, it would have been "2 in the pink, 1 in the stink"

billyfly
06-25-2009, 11:40 AM
so if we ended up giving up a goal last night, it would have been "2 in the pink, 1 in the stink"

My bud and me where hoping NYRB scored in the 69th for the delicious irony.

Roogsy
06-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh, Chad Barrett slowly resurrecting his career as a right winger...
crazy pinpoint accurate pass to DeRo for his assist...

that's two games in a row that Barrett and DeRo linked up. They both seems to understand each other really well

Haven't we been screaming about this forever? Chad is not an upfront striker. I hope Cummins has learned his lesson. Chad's workrate is phenomenal, but he has no finish. Let him get the play started and get a finisher like DeRo to take care of putting it away.

rocker
06-25-2009, 11:42 AM
The good thing about Chad is when he isn't scoring he's still doing other things (unlike Cunningham or other strikers who've long since gone). He can make a good pass, seems to get in the right positions, has a good soccer IQ. Can't score worth a shit tho. But if he came to us as a midfielder, we've have a totally different perception of the guy.

AdamZ
06-25-2009, 01:19 PM
And for a weekday game no less. The rest of the league struggles to sell half as many tickets for Wednesday-night tilts.

I was looking through the mls pages for 2007 and 2008 and we have rarely sold more than 20,000 for a weeknight game.

grizzle
06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I was looking through the mls pages for 2007 and 2008 and we have rarely sold more than 20,000 for a weeknight game.

I'm sure the MTL win coupled with the nice weather helped with those sales. I went to Brazen Head at like 5pm and there was a big lineup of mostly TFC fans. Don't think I have ever seen a lineup to get into a Toronto bar during the day before.

Jeffro
06-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Things are starting to click really well in our midfield and our defence is much less shaky now. We're rounding into form at a great time.

flatpicker
06-25-2009, 01:40 PM
was that the same NY player eating peanuts again during the corner kick?

that cracks me up!

Yohan
06-25-2009, 01:55 PM

that cracks me up!
yes it was. Rojas

he ate like two

he must really like BMO peanuts

Commie Red
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM

that cracks me up!

That was classic. I think he just digs the atmosphere. This was his subtle way to try and wind us up. I loved it. It would definitely go viral if someone posted it on youtube.

billyfly
06-25-2009, 03:08 PM

that cracks me up!

Totally forgot about this. It was really funny.

boomcha
06-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Roahn Ricketts, F*ckin' Wickeds!

I thought that that was last year's chant.. this year is/was:

Rohan Ricketts, medi-ocre!!

:hide: ;)

joel
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I can't believe Chad Barrett made a cross with his left foot, I thought he didn't even have one!

pekduck
06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
I can't believe Chad Barrett made a cross with his left foot, I thought he didn't even have one!

Actually he had two lefts...