PDA

View Full Version : CUPE To Block entry into BMO field??

RedsYNWA
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I heard this from some people but I don't believe it?
Anyone know anything?

Carts
06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
This could get ugly real fast...!!! (if true)

MG42
06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
what people?

H Bomb
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
good luck! kinda sounds like fun to me :D

Ps: The fuckin heart smiley replaced the wink smiley in the main smiley page? ....the wink is such a practical smiley! le sigh

morgank1986
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
If this happens, it is not going to be pretty.

Azerban
love to see them try

nancymiranda
Hey, just a heads-up. I use to work for the City of Toronto. The City of Toronto is responsible for the CNE Grounds. So its very possible that they got wind there is a game tonight and may block the entrance or make you wait the 15 mintues before getting in.

My suggestion... get there early!

nobodybeatsthewiz
dont think i believe this

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey, just a heads-up. I use to work for the City of Toronto. The City of Toronto is responsible for the CNE Grounds. So its very possible that they got wind there is a game tonight and may block the entrance or make you wait the 15 mintues before getting in.

fac.....guess the train is my best bet?? ..coming from out of town!

FluSH
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Anyone know anything?

R.I.P. CUPE

Get In There
06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Why would CUPE be at BMO ?

EDIT - saw above response re city grounds - tks

Anyone want to bet a pop nothing at all happens?

B

Keyman
No one gets in the way of me and TFC. NO ONE.

Jay P
I hope they reconsider.

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Why would CUPE be at BMO ?

CUPE is the union for City workers. City workers clean CNE Grounds -
Fastest way to get media attention and piss people off.... Block BMO Field.

NF-FC
hahaha, how in the bloody hell do they plan on blocking 20,000 people from entering a stadium. Someone needs to video tape this protest fail

Carts
Once past the picket line (if happens) this'll bring a whole new meaning to the chant...

"THIS IS OUR HOUSE... GET THE F*CK OUT...!!!"

MG42
06-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Is there a march tonight from shoeless? I can't see them being stupid enough to block a march...bring your ice picks! I kid, I kid :)

FluSH
RED ALERT

We need to organize a MARCH just in case.... Lamport? any suggestions on time and place?

nancymiranda
hahaha, how in the bloody hell do they plan on blocking 20,000 people from entering a stadium. Someone needs to video tape this protest fail

Where's PARKDALE??? He's the AV Guy!

maninb
Give em one of these!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yX_1O3sRY&feature=channel

H Bomb
06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Fastest way to get media attention and start a riot.... Block BMO Field.

fixed

Carts
06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Is there a march tonight from shoeless? I can't see them being stupid enough to block a march...bring your ice picks! I kid, I kid :)

Whoever leads the march needs to walk slightly ahead, look back and deliver the line.... "...I'm off to pick a fight..." LOL...

Carts...

Eastend
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
6:40 @ Lamport?

FluSH
06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
We need to organize a MARCH with NEE and Usec... I have no idea what time I am going to get in as I am coming from the east...

However a March would be good proactive approach... If there is no CUPE blockeage.... then the worst case scenario: We march together and Chant together... like the good old days.

I'm busy atm... but can we get some heads to organize a march?

Jay P
06-24-2009, 12:57 PM

IN.:flare::scarf:

Chevy
Fastest way to get media attention and piss people off.... Block BMO Field.

Well, it is definitely the fastest way to piss off people. I can't see how this will help their cause - no need to raise awareness (like the Tamils) and most people are already pissed off at them.

Can't see it happening, but unions union leaders aren't known for being the brightest bulbs on the tree. :D

Roogsy
Oh oh...

I hope they're not that stupid.

Eastend
Whoever leads the march needs to walk slightly ahead, look back and deliver the line.... "...I'm off to pick a fight..." LOL...

Carts...

I'm off to go and pick a fight, Hoorah, Hoorah
I'm off to go and pick a fight,
The union's fucked, the strike ain't right,
Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah.

FluSH
06-24-2009, 12:58 PM

maybe 10mins earlier...

Let's get NEE and Usec... as I said I'm tied up at the moment... but having a supporters march is not a bad idea... good for some chanting at the very least...

Carts
Being serious, I'm going to ask the folks at CTV News (they're just down stairs) if they have been tipped off to anything about this...

If CUPE does it, they'll want the media there...

Carts....

BFin
hahahahahah CUPE for the moronic win

ilikemusic
06-24-2009, 01:00 PM
:lol:

I would love to see cupe try.

:lol:

FluSH
06-24-2009, 01:01 PM
BRING YOUR FLAGS!!

Hooligan69
06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm off to go and pick a fight,
The union's fucked, the strike ain't right,
Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoorah.

LOL That's awesome. :rofl:

rocker
06-24-2009, 01:04 PM
how would they block BMO? umm, it doesn't have one entrance. And they don't have 20000 people. Pretty hard to block people when you're outnumbered by 19900.

They better be careful, because a big crowd of TFC fans who have been pre-drinking is not the crowd you wanna block.

Eastend
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I would think they block the GO/TTC entrance area.....if anything.

H Bomb
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
not if you have a bottle neck that brings in about 30-40% of the patrons

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:06 PM
okay... just found out something else that may throw a rench into the mix. This is from a friend of mine who mentioned that he thinks inside BMO staff are from another union other than the City.....if the City sets up a "picket line" most "other unions will not cross it as a "good faith" between unions..... so things may be a little slow getting into the building.

rocker
I would think they block the GO/TTC entrance area.....if anything.

the "entrance" is so wide it would be impossible.

When I get off the Go, there are thousands of fans getting off at the same time in a big wide crowd there... no way can they block anything. They'd need cars parked in the way and equal numbers, cuz TFC fans ain't just gonna stand there and wait for them to let them by.

zeelaw
Enjoy bashing some skulls tonight boys.

ExiledRed
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Shit, now I have to leave Guelph earlier, and that's not easy.

I've never worked in a place where sick days are bankable, and don't expect to. Now someone is going to fuck with me because they dont get them?

Not fucking likely.

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:08 PM
how would they block BMO? umm, it doesn't have one entrance. And they don't have 20000 people. Pretty hard to block people when you're outnumbered by 19900.

They better be careful, because a big crowd of TFC fans who have been pre-drinking is not the crowd you wanna block.

They can bring in support from other unions. A few years back...OPSEU has the Steel Workers Union help shut down Queen's Park....
Anything is possible.... but I don't think anything big will happen. They may just give out flyers, etc....

Chevy
06-24-2009, 01:09 PM
okay... just found out something else that may throw a rench into the mix. This is from a friend of mine who mentioned that he thinks inside BMO staff are from another union other than the City.....if the City sets up a "picket line" most "other unions will not cross it as a "good faith" between unions..... so things may be a little slow getting into the building.

But they can't legally set up a picket line at a property that they are not involved with, like a transfer station. Can they?

brad
06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow, if this happens, it has riot written all over it...

Rudi
LOL... I think people are getting worked up over nothing.

That, and it is very dangerous to expect trouble. That kind of mindset leads to bad things. All we need is a brawl to happen and the media will be all over the TFC "hooligans" again.

As was said, they'll likely just slow things down for a bit and hand out flyers, if anything. Just because they are striking, that doesn't mean they are looking for trouble.

Get In There

This I can believe.

bredrens

B

ExiledRed
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
They can bring in support from other unions. A few years back...OPSEU has the Steel Workers Union help shut down Queen's Park....
Anything is possible.... but I don't think anything big will happen. They may just give out flyers, etc....

Shit, I'm boiling over this. I usually support unions when theyre standing up for the rights of the little guy, but when theyre bitching over bonuses and luxuries that the majority of us dont get (despite working harder, because we don't have the safety net that unions provide) it gets hard to stomach.

Get In There

That, and it is very dangerous to expect trouble. That kind of mindset leads to bad things. All we need is a brawl to happen and the media will be all over the TFC "hooligans" again.

As was said, they'll likely just slow things down for a bit and hand out flyers, if anything. Just because they are striking, that doesn't mean they are looking for trouble.

IMHO - Excellent post Rudi

B

Boris
ok guys,
dont be expecting anything or saying anything dumb...its an open forum adn the last thing we need is to have soeone read this and say soemthing. lets just sit back and wait for any confirmation....

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
But they can't legally set up a picket line at a property that they are not involved with, like a transfer station. Can they?

Yes they can! The outside of BMO is city property. So is the outside of the GO station. Plus... the police are union... so they will not step in.

All they are looking for is attention to their issues. Just go along with the 15 minute wait to get in to the building... read their material...lend an ear.....and you should have no problems! Don't mouth back or argue...and all will be fine.

Chevy
06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
This is a huge rumour, and I honestly don't see anything happening but I am surely in the mood to feed someone an ass-kick sandwich tonight.

OneLoveOneEric
06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I had an amazing picket line experience today. I had to go to City Hall for my marriage license, and of course it's picket line ground zero. Dudes with guitars and shit thinking they're Woody Guthrie -- because saving coal miners from death is just like getting paper-pushers sick days. Glad the irony is lost on them.
So I check in advance that the office is open, and head down. I get through the picketers to the front door of city hall, and these two orca fat women stand shoulder to shoulder in front of me and say I can't go in because city hall is closed. I say no it's not. They say "we're on strike". I say "I'm still getting married, so I have to get inside". They start going on about the strike, office is closed, blah blah blah. I figure I have to walk around them, but when I try they move with me and block my way. All the while with a cop standing there with his dick in his hands.
So I figure I'm going to have to push through them, but I want to be very careful because I'm surrounded by hundreds of people that feel very proud of themselves and I don't need to give them any excuses to split my head open. So I walk into all 800 lbs of them with my shoulder, and they tighten up on me. I was grinning ear to ear it was so surreal. SO I just keep gently pushing forward for about 5 to 10 seconds. Finally, the cop makes half a step toward them, and somebody yells "let him go", and they released me from their rolls.
I walk in to City Hall, which is as full as on any other business day, pay Mr. Miller his $130 for the joy of everlasting love, and go on my way.

Classic.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Glad I'm leaving work extra early to get to the game today. I work in a union too, but don't disrupt my TFC. <3(I love this thing!)

Chevy
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Wedding license? Dude, they were doing you a favour! You had an iron (or fat) clad stay out of jail card and you blew it. :)

zeelaw
06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I had an amazing picket line experience today. I had to go to City Hall for my marriage license, and of course it's picket line ground zero. Dudes with guitars and shit thinking they're Woody Guthrie -- because saving coal miners from death is just like getting paper-pushers sick days. Glad the irony is lost on them.
So I check in advance that the office is open, and head down. I get through the picketers to the front door of city hall, and these two orca fat women stand shoulder to shoulder in front of me and say I can't go in because city hall is closed. I say no it's not. They say "we're on strike". I say "I'm still getting married, so I have to get inside". They start going on about the strike, office is closed, blah blah blah. I figure I have to walk around them, but when I try they move with me and block my way. All the while with a cop standing there with his dick in his hands.
So I figure I'm going to have to push through them, but I want to be very careful because I'm surrounded by hundreds of people that feel very proud of themselves and I don't need to give them any excuses to split my head open. So I walk into all 800 lbs of them with my shoulder, and they tighten up on me. I was grinning ear to ear it was so surreal. SO I just keep gently pushing forward for about 5 to 10 seconds. Finally, the cop makes half a step toward them, and somebody yells "let him go", and they released me from their rolls.
I walk in to City Hall, which is as full as on any other business day, pay Mr. Miller his $130 for the joy of everlasting love, and go on my way.

Classic.
ahh nice story :) haha fuck unions

Rudi
This is a huge rumour, and I honestly don't see anything happening but I am surely in the mood to feed someone an ass-kick sandwich tonight.
It is posts like this that convince me that a march tonight is not a good thing, despite our boys just having won their first title.

nancymiranda
I had an amazing picket line experience today. .

That's pretty much the attitude you have to have if there's a line out.
Smile... lend an ear...don't be an asshole....you should be fine....

rocker
Yes they can! The outside of BMO is city property. So is the outside of the GO station. Plus... the police are union... so they will not step in.

All they are looking for is attention to their issues. Just go along with the 15 minute wait to get in to the building... read their material...lend an ear.....and you should have no problems! Don't mouth back or argue...and all will be fine.

I guess the title of this thread about "block" is the problem.

In a practical sense, they can't "block" anybody. If they stand in front of me, I'll walk around. If they try to walk in front of me I'll run. Unless they have 1000 people there, they will block nobody.

I don't see how they block a stadium that's open at 4 sides. Impossible.

If they just wanna stand there and chant something and give out material, cool.

Boris
06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
It is posts like this that convince me that a march tonight is not a good thing, despite our boys just having won their first title.

agreed.
there are way too many eager people here....

calm down... like i said wait for news...

H Bomb
06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
come on group leaders...dont go emo on us...have a march BECAUSE they won....and dont worry about people puffing their chests on the RPB message board

Chevy
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
agreed.
there are way too many eager people here....

calm down... like i said wait for news...

Just kidding gents. I can't speak for my seven year old, but no violence will come from me.

Get In There
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
ahh nice story :) haha fuck unions

Except you're a card carrying member of one

:cool:

B

olegunnar
06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm marching for cancer
I'm collecting donations...anyone want to sponsor me?
For every $100 I collect I'll give $10 to charity.

sully
I would lose my patience very fast and I suspect the majority of others would be the same...if the police let something like this happen, it would no doubt become a very nasty situation.

Phil

I have to agree with Rudi on this. Its speculation right now. Lets just make sure to get to the pitch in time and not worry about this other stuff.

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:22 PM
bring down a box of donuts and give it to the union leader...tht will get you in.....food always worked when we were on strike! lol....

stretchthetruth
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm marching for cancer
I'm collecting donations...anyone want to sponsor me?
For every $100 I collect I'll give $10 to charity.

oooohhh BURN!

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Steel Workers Union

hJXFVmT8y3s&feature

zeelaw
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
hJXFVmT8y3s&feature
lolz! hot stuff comming through

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol....

billyfly
06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I will bring my board of education!

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/BoardofEducation.jpg

FluSH
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Althought I don't encourage violence by any means... being organized is always best... like I said I don't know what time I will be getting there but a March would be good... Even if it's just like the old days... there is nothing wrong with us marching together and chanting...

FluSH
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
I have to agree with Rudi on this. Its speculation right now. Lets just make sure to get to the pitch in time and not worry about this other stuff.

What is wrong with Marching nowadays?! Man I thought given the slightest excuse to march would be good for us... good for unity and chanting...

zeelaw
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
We work hard.... we play hard...

sully
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
actually I think this has got to be hearsay.. I mean what can they practically block? It's not like a dumping station where there is one access point. My guess is that if they are present it would be to hand out flyers.

Chevy
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
We work hard.... we play hard...

....we hit hard. (again, kidding)

FluSH
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
actually I think this has got to be hearsay.. I mean what can they practically block? It's not like a dumping station where there is one access point. My guess is that if they are present it would be to hand out flyers.

Well... I'll wait to see what the final confirmation is... you don't need that many people to block 3-4 access points if you wanted...

Roogsy
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
There really is only 2. Gate 1 and Gate 3.

ExiledRed
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Soooooo....

any RPB in the CUPE?

nancymiranda
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Soooooo....

any RPB in the CUPE?

Use to be and was in the last CUPE Strike - 16 days.
Also 2 OPSEU Strikes (5 weeks first time and 8 weeks second time)
Sucks to be ME!!!!!

RicoSuave44
06-24-2009, 01:37 PM
any updates ppl?

I would like to think that the mayor and police would never allow the possibilty of violence down at BMO. A picket with flyers is fine but any delays or blockage would be very unnecessary IMO. Now if it were BMO field employees on strike thats another story, I would not cross the picket line.

Boris
any updates ppl?

I would like to think that the mayor and police would never allow the possibilty of violence down at BMO. A picket with flyers is fine but any delays or blockage would be very unnecessary IMO. Now if it were BMO field employees on strike thats another story, I would not cross the picket line.

once someone hears anything theyll post it here....

zeelaw
lol I'm a summer student right now with a municpality so I work with CUPE members... but again... no-where near toronto

sully
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
There really is only 2. Gate 1 and Gate 3.

I assumed the speculation was around access to the CNE grounds. As we know, BMO Field isn't managed by the city, so surely they wouldn't have any 'legitimate' reason to block access to the stadium..

Toronto Gunner
06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
They wouldn't dare pull this kind of stunt, this is all just rumours. I'm not a violent person, but I won't stand for being blocked entry into the CNE grounds - and especially not by some spoiled-brat union scumbags.

I need to cool down, this ain't going to happen so I'm going to go back to work now.

nascarguy
I will bring my board of education!

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/BoardofEducation.jpg:flare::flare:that right

Frick
Don't forget they have the walls set up for the Indy race. There are small openings to go through to get to BMO from the GO station. It will be easy for them to slow people down.

Just bide your time and they'll let you through. There's really no point in causing any problems.

OneLoveOneEric
That's pretty much the attitude you have to have if there's a line out.
Smile... lend an ear...don't be an asshole....you should be fine....

I have absolutely zero intention of lending an ear, but the rest I agree with.

Roogsy
Nobody can block access to the CNE grounds. You'd have to have massive presence at the Dufferin Gates, the 3 or 4 Lakeshore entrances and the GO Train. Not to mention, blocking TTC streetcars. And at 7pm when most demonstrators have gone home. I am fairly certain they won't bother with that.

However...it would only take a few dozen people to wreak havoc at the ticket entrances so if anything, that is where the concern would be.

I don't know if they are going to do it or not, I have no special information myself. Personally, I am considering this just another evening where I go watch my team.

yellowfellow
Why is everyone in a fighting mood? We just won our first trophy....

OneLoveOneEric
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
They wouldn't dare pull this kind of stunt, this is all just rumours. I'm not a violent person, but I won't stand for being blocked entry into the CNE grounds - and especially not by some spoiled-brat union scumbags.

I need to cool down, this ain't going to happen so I'm going to go back to work now.

Right..... they'll shut down all the city's services, but they wouldn't DARE block access to a TFC game :rolleyes:

OHARARULES
06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I think this is CRAZY that anyone would think that CUPE would block the gate for the TFC game.. Why would they? Why not picket at the JAYS game were there will likely be 20,000 fans to watch Halliday pitch? or picket the go services each day during rush hour. I highly doubt there would be a picket line at BMO.. CRAZY talk... Crazy Talk.
Shenanigans to whoever started this rumour!!

alexintoronto
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I called CUPE. Nothing planned for BMO or the CNE

Only for 400 commisioners and 9 leslie

But they do want to have a word with some guy named Chevy and his 7 yr old.

Roogsy
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Shenanigans!!!

LOL! :lol:

yellowfellow
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
burn whoever started this rumor!!!!

rocker
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Why is everyone in a fighting mood?

people love their TFC!!! no one can stop people from enjoying their TFC!!! ;)

billyfly
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/redpatchboys.png

Phil
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
What is wrong with Marching nowadays?! Man I thought given the slightest excuse to march would be good for us... good for unity and chanting...

If people want to, lets do it! Just make sure to make it to the game in time. Hopefully there are no issues with blockage, thats all.

Darlofletch
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
wow, a lot of people here are really anti-union.

spoilt scumbags trying to maintain or upgrade their work conditions! How dare they?

Afra
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
CUPE would probably not want to step on the teachers' toes.

billyfly
06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/TFCNinja.jpg

Phil
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up Alex.

phonzo
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm in for a good ole fashioned marchin..

Afra
06-24-2009, 02:00 PM
The Canadian Champions deserve a march. Supporters, flags drums, chants - it should happen regardless.

Lucky Strike
06-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone know anything?

I always knew unions weren't too bright, this is just the latest chapter.

Roogsy
06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I am joining the march because my fellow supporters feel like it.

But honestly...I really dislike marches. I just don't feel it accomplishes much.

Now a chant rally! That is something I can get behind.

Bobo
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Left CUPE last week so I'm down to shed some blood, Outsiders style. Bastards made me pay dues without receiving any benefits...

eustacchio
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM

but now we've given them some ideas

zeelaw
06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Except you're a card carrying member of one

:cool:

B
lolz

FluSH
06-24-2009, 02:05 PM

and there you have it... Can we still MARCH :scarf:

grizzle
06-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Why? If they want to cause me to be late for something that I paid money for of course I am gonna give them a peice of my mind. If they want to strike, well that is their choice, but don't go screwing with other peoples' lives that have nothing to do with their issues.

I disagree with a lot of unions in the first place. I can understand if their working conditions are so bad that it is having health impacts, but complaining about more money and things like that what seems to be every summer when they are already making a more than fair salary is disgusting. There are plenty of people out there that would love their jobs in these tough economic times.

Kevvv
06-24-2009, 02:07 PM
However...it would only take a few dozen people to wreak havoc at the ticket entrances so if anything, that is where the concern would be.

Garbage strike will reek of havoc.

I called CUPE. Nothing had been planned for BMO or the CNE

Afra
06-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Probably not after seeing all of the people start foaming at the mouth and getting ready to fight. . .

alexintoronto
06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Only if they read this thread.

They thought I was a Striker (I told them my name was Ali Gerba) and they even told me to check in with the picket captain to make sure i get credited for picketing.

Roogsy
06-24-2009, 02:13 PM
LMAO!

Er...obviously not a soccer fan. Striker vs Strikee!

nascarguy
06-24-2009, 02:14 PM
wow, a lot of people here are really anti-union.

spoilt scumbags trying to maintain or upgrade their work conditions! How dare they?
yup fuck the unions all of them:flare::flare::flare:

Afra
06-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Only if they read this thread.

They thought I was a Striker (I told them my name was Ali Gerba) and they even told me to check in with the picket captain to make sure i get credited for picketing.

Okay - that is funny! If they thought you were a striker then for sure they would have told you the truth. It didn't make sense in the first place but that would have been something to see.

billygrieveuk
06-24-2009, 02:15 PM
great> i will bring all of my rubbish, they can stand in it! pricks
I hope they reconsider.

kodiakTFC
06-24-2009, 02:16 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v338/80/55/1650120058/n1650120058_78515_3331.jpg

Anyone remember this from the Canada game in Montreal? Worked real well.

Waggy
06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm down for a march, just say when and where.

And dont put much past the unions. If CUPE's leadership has shown us anything in the past 7 months, its that sometimes theres no limit to stupidity
(In addition to being a citizen of Toronto, I also have the dubious pleasure of calling myself a student of York "university". I know these pricks well. They want press, they don't care how many people they have to piss off)

CoachGT
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Several hundred people giving a "who are ya!" at once sent shivers down the spine of Rick Mercer during year 1 ...... wonder if union folks would be ready for people as organized (or moreso) than they are?

Rudi
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Althought I don't encourage violence by any means... being organized is always best... like I said I don't know what time I will be getting there but a March would be good... Even if it's just like the old days... there is nothing wrong with us marching together and chanting...
Sorry, I was watching the first half of US-Spain and didn't see this until now.

I agree that a March would be excellent. I think it being a mid-week game and the time constraints as they are (ie. we didn't plan this early enough), it'll be very tough to get a good number of people out.

sully
06-24-2009, 02:25 PM

I agree that a March would be excellent. I think it being a mid-week game and the time constraints as they are (ie. we didn't plan this early enough), it'll be very tough to get a good number of people out.

How's the US-Spain game going? Any sign of Wynne?

billyfly
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
1-0 Usa Ht

kodiakTFC
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
How's the US-Spain game going? Any sign of Wynne?

1-0 USA at half and no.

Wagner
06-24-2009, 02:29 PM
now that we know it's BS, should this thread be closed, and a March Thread be started??

FluSH
06-24-2009, 02:43 PM

I completely forgot about this game!!!!

Please tell me the U.S. pulled a stunner...