PDA

View Full Version : TFC = CMNT Concerns

Wooster_TFC
06-23-2009, 03:38 PM
So, I've been noticing more and more that there are a lot of concerns being raised about TFC getting more and more members of the CMNT, and what will happen when the eventual call-ups occur.

In that vein, I thought I'd point out the following.

Look here: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

You'll notice that 14 of our 17 International (note: not canadian) spots are currently filled. You'll also notice that 3 of our international spots (2 US from the league, 1 full I from a trade) will be gone at the end of this year, bringing us down to 14 International spots.

Expect more canadian signings moving forward, as I believe it will be difficult for Mo to pick up any I spots in the last half of this year, without getting robbed blind. He's been lucky in the past in pulling off trades for them, but I doubt this pattern will continue.

prizby
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
vitti and dichio will be gone after this year, so thats 2 more international spots opening up i think

robo in a year (maybe 2 if they can't fast track) could potentially get his canadian citizenship (same could be said about dichio-if he stays)

KdotOdot
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
College age Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Dunkers
06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
i think signing all these Canadians is great, with Van City comming into the fold in 2 years time, Canadians willing to play in the MLS at an MLS level will be harder and harder to find, i think (maybe) Mo is looking to the future on this.

prizby
06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
please sign marcus haber

Wooster_TFC
06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
please sign marcus haber

While I think Haber would be a good addition, I highly doubt Vancouver would let him go with them joining the league soon. I expect Haber to be one of the guys kept around when they are in the MLS.