PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Sunday, Jun. 21

denime
06-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Mornin,

No TFC news for now,if you find some please post it here.

http://i39.tinypic.com/263j7sk.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/311v2fb.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :noidea:

denime
06-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Looking at the tables we are out of the playoff spot right now.

Playoff race is very close and every point counts from now on,we need at least 4 points from next 2 games to stay close to playoff spot.
July with Gold Cup,Friendly,CCL and All Star Game might be costly for us if we don't sign some new players anytime soon.

Broadview
06-21-2009, 07:41 AM
At least the other Eastern teams are co-operating for the most part this week. Nice job Dallas and Colorado!

Goldy picked up a yellow against Seattle so he'll be suspended wednesday. Good stuff!

S_D
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM

Playoff race is very close and every point counts from now on,we need at least 4 points from next 2 games to stay close to playoff spot.
July with Gold Cup,Friendly,CCL and All Star Game might be costly for us if we don't sign some new players anytime soon.

So true. As I mentioned in the Gerba thread we only have 20 players available for selection and that needs to be rectified as soon as possible or we may see Rick Titus have to suit up again.

Pray for an injury free season.

denime
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
At least the other Eastern teams are co-operating for the most part this week. Nice job Dallas and Colorado!

Goldy picked up a yellow against Seattle so he'll be suspended wednesday. Good stuff!

So true. As I mentioned in the Gerba thread we only have 20 players available for selection and that needs to be rectified as soon as possible or we may see Rick Titus have to suit up again.

Pray for an injury free season.

I hope other Eastern teams will keep co-operating :)

We have 8 Games from July18 to August 7 , P. Winsper will be very,very busy this summer to keep guys fresh and healthy.

iansmcl
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Cooper with a penalty in the 87'? What a surprise!

Marc"2L"
06-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh the red bulls are shite.

Corpand
06-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Wow San Jose finally win something.

Dub Narcotic
06-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Frankly, I don't see the playoffs this year. The second-half schedule has a lot of road games, plus add on the CCL, friendlies and the Gold Cup, and TFC just doesn't have the horses.

romburgundy
06-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Might be time to just let go of this year's playoff dream and see if we can cause some damage in the champions league

rocker
06-21-2009, 10:46 AM
don't forget some of our eastern enemies have Superliga + Champions League too.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Might be time to just let go of this year's playoff dream and see if we can cause some damage in the champions league

its a but early for that....we are on a bit of a run now and with luck it will continue with the Reb Bulls again on Wednesday night.if we go .500 the rest of the season then we should get it...

billyfly
06-21-2009, 11:38 AM
42.8 % TFC make playoffs after last night's results.

AdamZ
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
eh?

what's all this nonsense about us not being able to make the playoffs? You really think we'll be as bad on the road this year as the last couple of years?

as far as I can see the only team in the east that has more points than us that hasn't played two more games is Chicago... We seem to be doing fairly well to me. The key is to not be terrible on the road, and

WTLTL

isn't a horrible record.

Still months to go, don't give up on the boys just yet.

rocker
06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
there's still time to salvage that home record too. we got 6 games left at home.
if we went on some crazy home run (like in previous seasons) it's not inconceivable the team could finish 9-4-2 at home.

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 01:45 PM
eh?

what's all this nonsense about us not being able to make the playoffs? You really think we'll be as bad on the road this year as the last couple of years?

as far as I can see the only team in the east that has more points than us that hasn't played two more games is Chicago... We seem to be doing fairly well to me. The key is to not be terrible on the road, and

WTLTL

isn't a horrible record.

Still months to go, don't give up on the boys just yet.

I learned my lesson with the Montreal Miracle. I doubted. I said they weren't going to do it. And I have never been so happy to have been so wrong.

I won't make the same mistake again. While it is a tough uphill battle...I am going to choose to believe we can do it.

Especially with DeRo playing like a man possessed. He wanted that VC, he got it. If he will us into the playoffs, we will get there.

The man is money.

rocker
06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
i was just looking at the previous final season records. Chicago and New England (2008) + KC and FC Dallas (2007) had weak home records last year and both made the playoffs. The key was to keep a relatively decent away record, as most teams have pathetically bad away records.

Oldtimer
06-21-2009, 02:08 PM

Not unthinkable. Euro teams with rosters 1-1/2 to 2x the size of MLS rosters have to make that kind of choice every year. Only the really big clubs can realistically compete in both.

ensco
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM

NFW.

MLS is a crap shoot. Whoever heats up in the second half can go all the way (as NYRB almost did last year).

Marc"2L"
06-21-2009, 02:30 PM
And after we drub New York the heat will be on.

Provicator
06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
The simple fact is we are 14 games into a 30 game season we have a whole other half to go... a lot can change in another 16 games.

scooter
06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
so lets beat the shite bulls and deal with the heat
team is comming together
walk on