PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but I have to ask. Gerba?

trane
06-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Did anyone here anything?

zeelaw
06-20-2009, 08:02 PM
wasnt he ont he pitch with the boys celebrating ?

Shway
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Did anyone here anything?

dont worry man i feel your confusion

stretchthetruth
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
i mentioned in another thread... he was at the open practice today. i asked him if the paperwork was all sorted out, but he was non-committal... looks like a beast, but seemed a little out of shape IMO, hopefully he gets match fit soon and starts burying them.

Cambridge_Red
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like the MLS is doing their usual fuck around

scut farkus
06-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I was told that he's as good as signed. I was also told that he may be out for the Gold Cup...which might be a good thing because he'll get some experience/get into game shape.

Shway
06-20-2009, 08:20 PM
yeaa for sure, he wont come into TFC unfit

Torcida
06-20-2009, 08:25 PM
I was told that he's as good as signed. I was also told that he may be out for the Gold Cup...which might be a good thing because he'll get some experience/get into game shape.
Unless we're out of the playoff race by the time the Gold Cup's over... :(

torfchamilton
06-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I hope the hype turns out to be true with Gerba. I am not holding my hopes up, but only time will tell.

Kaz
06-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Unless we're out of the playoff race by the time the Gold Cup's over... :(
Gold cup will allow him to miss 3 games, if we make it to the finals.

If we can beat NYRB on Wedensday and San Jose on the 11th that would bring us to 25 points, if we can win one or tie two of the other four games in the middle third, then we will be ahead of last year point wise going into the last 10 games, which we will have Gerba for.

That means if he can help us pick up 2-4 points more then we got last year (10) then we should get in to the playoffs with 38-40+ points.

I'm more worried about having him on the 28th against PRI, we need strong play in that game to ensure we win at least on aggregate in case we tie on points

scut farkus
06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Gold cup will allow him to miss 3 games, if we make it to the finals.

If we can beat NYRB on Wedensday and San Jose on the 11th that would bring us to 25 points, if we can win one or tie two of the other four games in the middle third, then we will be ahead of last year point wise going into the last 10 games, which we will have Gerba for.

That means if he can help us pick up 2-4 points more then we got last year (10) then we should get in to the playoffs with 38-40+ points.

I'm more worried about having him on the 28th against PRI, we need strong play in that game to ensure we win at least on aggregate in case we tie on points

Good point. PRI shouldn't be taken too lightly. They're first in the USL right now...
http://www.uslsoccer.com/standings/13380593.html
Looks like they're a high scoring team...who also let in a lot of goals.

FluSH
06-20-2009, 10:46 PM
who?

We won 6-1 against MTL woooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!

cochrdoc
06-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Puerto Rico is a better team then Vancouver and Montreal, reserves included.They have speed and score goals.They give-up alot of goals also.Should be 2 good games.Garcia and Brennan are going to have their hands full.WE need to beat the shitbulls now and start making our play-off run.

S_D
06-21-2009, 07:39 AM
However it works out I hope we have a few signings soon.

With only a 21 out of a 24 roster positions filled (20 considering OBW is recovering), we are going to need to add some depth for the playoff run and the CCL. I can't see the team doing well unless we luck out and avoid injuries and call ups.

Will Rick Titus be available? :)

Nuvinho
06-21-2009, 07:54 AM
^19 actually............Sanyang can't play til August 1st.....so even less players.

guelphguy1965
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
At TFC open practice yesterday Guvara and Serioux did not set foot on the pitch so don't exactly have 20 very healthy players.

S_D
06-21-2009, 08:05 AM
^19 actually............Sanyang can't play til August 1st.....so even less players.

ha I forgot about him. Funny though that he is listed on the roster on MLSnet. Does anyone know if he has any potential?

I guess with such a limited roster, if things don't change, putting together a protected list for the expansion draft will be pretty easy. :D

I did one myself this morning to compare with at the end of the season and I could only come up with 10 names. We need Gerba to sign so I can protect the needed 11 lol.

Nuvinho
06-21-2009, 08:07 AM
He played in pre-season and did well I think, played different positions in the midfield and backline. He is playing decently I think for the academy team. I think they are high on him, even more than the other gambian kid.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2009, 11:22 AM
At TFC open practice yesterday Guvara and Serioux did not set foot on the pitch so don't exactly have 20 very healthy players.

I was on the ferry with them when they got back. Guvera and Vitti sat by themselves and spoke spanish, I was with Diccio and the other guys who didn't head for the bus. I noticed when we got off that Guvara was limping and wincing with every step, and later thatt Serioux was limping too. There was another guy but I don't remember who.

Just hope they are match fit for the Red Bulls are Shite.

rocker
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I was on the ferry with them when they got back. Guvera and Vitti sat by themselves and spoke spanish, I was with Diccio and the other guys who didn't head for the bus. I noticed when we got off that Guvara was limping and wincing with every step, and later thatt Serioux was limping too. There was another guy but I don't remember who.

Just hope they are match fit for the Red Bulls are Shite.

Guevara was limping and wincing at the end of the Montreal game.. you can see it on the video.

sampace
06-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Harmse will step in for Guevara!

Oldtimer
06-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Rick Titus said he'd always be available to do it again... as long as he's not paid. He wants to keep his amateur status. :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
wasnt he ont he pitch with the boys celebrating ?

http://www.canadasoccer.com/images/2009_Canada_splash_NCCwww.jpg

IS that GERBA beside DERO with the HOODIE?????...if not who is that>>>??:drinking:

Jay P
06-22-2009, 12:12 PM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090622&content_id=5465994&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

@ the end of the article, they mention what everyone here knows, Gerba is waiting on his contract to be finalized.

Big Bruva
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
However it works out I hope we have a few signings soon.

With only a 21 out of a 24 roster positions filled (20 considering OBW is recovering), we are going to need to add some depth for the playoff run and the CCL. I can't see the team doing well unless we luck out and avoid injuries and call ups.

He is my teammate, dont think so lol

trane
06-22-2009, 04:16 PM
What the fuck is the deal with this, is this a football contract or a cease fire agreement between Israel and Egypt? Get it done already.

bertal
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM

wtf is aston villa? 19 players? we start of moderately well then slip during the 2nd half of the season?

Inklink
06-23-2009, 11:40 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=800

Go to the 2nd video (Gerba interview)

He's at the MTL game and doing the interview in said hoodie).