PDA

View Full Version : Impact beat whitecaps

jloome
06-20-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/impact-rebound-from-tfc-loss-by-beating-whitecaps/article1190972/

2-1

Suck it up, buttercups.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Whats the excuse today?

MartinUtd
06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Without Wes Charles they are nothing.

Hooligan69
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Vancouver screwed Vancouver.

trane
06-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I am realy glad about this, shuts Vancouver right up.

Shway
06-20-2009, 07:58 PM
they still somehow blame tfc

tfcleeds
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Ha, ha. Priceless. Who's your B-team now, Lenarduzzi?

trane
06-20-2009, 09:23 PM
^ Good one.

TFC07
06-20-2009, 09:28 PM
This club thinks they're best in Canada? I hope they're eating humble pie as we speak and kindly STFU for now until next year's NCC.

Cuz
06-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to quote the infamous Nelson Muntz, "Hah-Ha!"

That is all.

Shakes McQueen
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I'd like the people who have been raining on our parade by talking about how we beat a "CSL team" and a "reserve squad" to rationalize why they just beat Vancouver - and a Vancouver side that was probably really motivated to beat them, to boot.

- Scott

Lucky Strike
06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd like the people who have been raining on our parade by talking about how we beat a "CSL team" and a "reserve squad" to rationalize why they just beat Vancouver - and a Vancouver side that was probably really motivated to beat them, to boot.

- Scott

Mmmhmm. +1. It was satisfying today. Stupid Whitecraps. See you next year!

FluSH
06-20-2009, 11:29 PM

Wes needs to stop fighting his own teammates :D

MartinUtd
06-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Wes needs to stop fighting his own teammates :D

haha.. yeah what was up with that? I haven't read anything on how his happened, just that it did.

Dub Narcotic
06-21-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/impact-rebound-from-tfc-loss-by-beating-whitecaps/article1190972/

2-1

Suck it up, buttercups.

This week had some good soccer (Nutralite, Italy-USA, Egypt-Italy) and some horrible soccer (UEFA U-21, and Confed. Cup Group A game, sooo boring), but this game took the cake. These two teams would be about as bad as expansion year TFC was in MLS, maybe worse. I expect the Whitecaps will have close to %100 turnover before they hit the MLS.

Provicator
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM

- Scott

It really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over to see this happen...

:scarf:

devioustrevor
06-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I expect the Whitecaps will have close to %100 turnover before they hit the MLS.

I was at the game Saturday and thought Marlon James looked great. Other than his lack of finishing I felt Marcus Haber played really well too.

jloome
06-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Other than his lack of finishing I felt Marcus Haber ....

And there you have the difference between almost every USL player and higher leagues. Great work ethic, some neat skill, no finish.

Oldtimer
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
This week had some good soccer (Nutralite, Italy-USA, Egypt-Italy) and some horrible soccer (UEFA U-21, and Confed. Cup Group A game, sooo boring), but this game took the cake. These two teams would be about as bad as expansion year TFC was in MLS, maybe worse. I expect the Whitecaps will have close to %100 turnover before they hit the MLS.

The trick is to spend the bucks and add some good talent in the year before you enter MLS. Then you get the expansion draft and allocation cash on top of the players you've added the year prior.

Anyway, I expect Nash to still be on the team when they hit MLS.

GhostPK
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
YOU CAN STICK THAT MARTIN NASH UP YOUR ASS
YOU CAN STICK THAT MARTIN NASH
YOU CAN STICK THAT MARTIN NASH

TFC.... STILL Canadian Champions...

Keegan
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM

Are you insane?! Vancouver has some of the countries top prospects! Do you think they are going to give up ETHAN GAGE? Or Edwini-Bonsu or Marcus Haber?! Or Russel Teibert (only a 92 but Canadian u17 player of the year). Their residency squad made the final of the Dallas Cup!

I expect they will keep Martin Nash also and Charles Gbeke.

But Ethan Gage just turned 18 and this is his second season starting for them, I guess you could say he is the Canadian Altidore playing at such a young age.

noochie
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Does this mean that if TFC played a 2-5-3 against them that they would beat them by 6 or 7 goals :)

Brooker
06-21-2009, 10:49 PM
how much does Steve Nash pay the whitecaps to keep Martin around?

yellowfellow
06-21-2009, 11:14 PM
pekduck went to the game. He said whitecaps were dominating until they gave up an unlucky goal. They also hit the posts twice on the same play.

rocker
06-21-2009, 11:18 PM
pekduck went to the game. He said whitecaps were dominating until they gave up an unlucky goal. They also hit the posts twice on the same play.

they need a couple guys like Dwayne Derosario and Amado Guevara I guess!

Steve
06-22-2009, 07:55 AM
And there you have the difference between almost every USL player and higher leagues. Great work ethic, some neat skill, no finish.

Hahaha, I think you just described two of our strikers...

The trick is to spend the bucks and add some good talent in the year before you enter MLS. Then you get the expansion draft and allocation cash on top of the players you've added the year prior.

Anyway, I expect Nash to still be on the team when they hit MLS.

Now this I don't understand. Isn't that a huge advantage? I mean, Vancouver (and Seattle before them) knows when they are entering MLS. Not only that, but they don't have to play by the rules (allocation order, discovery rights, etc) before they enter.

Actually (to side track myself for a second) that brings up a very good point. What happens if Vancouver signs someone (legally) whose discovery rights are held by an MLS club the year before they join MLS? When they join MLS, is that player still theres, or would they have to trade for the rights of a player already on their roster, because technically the rights belong to someone else in the league?

Sorry, back to the main point. That seems to be a huge advantage. Sign who you want, trial who you want, put a bunch of money down right away so you know which players to keep and which to not before you enter the restrictive cap league. At that point, not only do you have allocation money to lower their salary hit, but you get to keep as many players as you want, AND have first draft pick. Seems to be a huge advantage.

Then again, maybe MLS made that decision on purpose, to prevent a TFC from happening again (great fans, terrible team, possibility of losing some of your fan base due to the whole never scoring thing).

Parkdale
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I was happy to watch the game on CBC in over-the-air HD.

oh, and happy to see a stupid defense handball in the box,
and a striker smart enough to put it right into the net - no PK required.

2freedom
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
haha, I'm glad they lost, this should shut them up for a while

Bobo
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
So who else went to this game? I saw a lot of red walking up to the stadium, but turned out not being TFC colours.

My buddy and I were heckling Reda throughout the game. He blew me a kiss at one point LOL. After the game we walked around the field to where the players head in. He approached us and shook our hands. We had a good laugh. I told him I was waiting for him to flip us the bird again but he said he got in trouble last time haha.

Roogsy
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
^ It's stories like this that make me love the game.

On the pitch...he is an enemy and will get the gears.

After the game is done...everyone is cool.

I've seen some guys who can't differentiate between the two though.

Great story Bobo. It also shows Reda is a professional and a classy guy. I always suspected as much.

Bobo
06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
^ It's stories like this that make me love the game.

On the pitch...he is an enemy and will get the gears.

After the game is done...everyone is cool.

I've seen some guys who can't differentiate between the two though.

Great story Bobo. It also shows Reda is a professional and a classy guy. I always suspected as much.

Ya it was pretty cool. I was actually expecting a war of words with the guy, but he came over with a smile. Forgot to mention, a Montreal fan saw us talking in our TFC shirts and asked if we were part of the team, Reda said, "No, they're just the worst fans in the MLS." The guy didn't understand so Reda told him to forget it. :D

Yohan
06-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I thought Reda plays for Charleston?

pekduck
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Battery folks are smart enough to not renewed him waaaay back.

His Battery jersey was on sale for like $29.99 in the shop and no one wants it in Charleston, lol

devioustrevor
06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
So who else went to this game? I saw a lot of red walking up to the stadium, but turned out not being TFC colours.

My buddy and I were heckling Reda throughout the game. He blew me a kiss at one point LOL. After the game we walked around the field to where the players head in. He approached us and shook our hands. We had a good laugh. I told him I was waiting for him to flip us the bird again but he said he got in trouble last time haha.

I was at the game. Section 103, Row 10, Seat 11

I didn't interact with any of players during or after the game. But before the game I talked briefly to Sandro Grande and Marcus Haber.

sulfur
06-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Battery folks are smart enough to not renewed him waaaay back.

His Battery jersey was on sale for like $29.99 in the shop and no one wants it in Charleston, lol

And that was autographed and the works too!